Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,283 members, 7,867,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (60120 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Excellentmove: 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
Bravo guys, we in Akwa Ibom/Cross are also planing a meeting. NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Excellent move: Bravo guys, we in Akwa Ibom/Cross are also planing a meeting. NO RETREAT! NO SURRENDER!

Guy, how far? Why didnt u contact me again. I sent u mail and till today, no reply. Why? Pm me then!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
I
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
I thought I was the only one that observed the unnecessary rush. cheesy
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by papi365: 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
bio1759: hello everyone, I reall appreciate this initiative. But we here are employable so I think the association should be Untapped Human Resources Association of Nigeria (UHRAN).
Because we are all great minds here waiting or loking for a platform to explode.
Regards.
Abe
E BE LIKE SAY UR NAME DEY WORI UR HEAD.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by papi365: 5:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
ehixking: If you guys have a venue for the meeting to be held in Lagos just let us know please.......and note that a lot of people too have indicated interest from Abeokuta
(Yes!! Kudos to those repping big from Abeokuta,kogi,abuja,lagos and ibadan, PH and enugu...we need those from the north too to join in the struggle)
PLS KAN WE HAV D FIRST MEETING IN DUBAI OR FRANKFURT GERMANY?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
Incrizz: I feel a little angry and disappointed.

So you mean all you guys are coming from all over Nigeria to lagos to deliberate on issues that are already being deliberated here and can be concluded here

I thought the reason for the mass movement to lagos from every nook and cranny in Nigeria was to rally/move to, at least, 3 different media houses and register the presence of this association in Nigeria, whatever the name would be(hopefully not NAUG)

And when I mean rally, I mean RALLY! Like the Legal practitioners(Lawyers) did to register their distaste for subsidy removal??

And what's the rush about the time for holding the meeting??

Have you confirmed Unilag sports complex?

And if you have, have you obtained permission for a peaceful rally from the relevant authorities, so that it's evident that we are knowledgeable and law abiding citizens?

Who said this meeting cannot hold on OCTOBER 1ST??

I'm perplexed.

Eku ise ooo..

well done sir. A little more constructiveness in advice would not have been bad don't you think?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:35am On Aug 27, 2013
Incrizz: I feel a little angry and disappointed.

So you mean all you guys are coming from all over Nigeria to lagos to deliberate on issues that are already being deliberated here and can be concluded here

I thought the reason for the mass movement to lagos from every nook and cranny in Nigeria was to rally/move to, at least, 3 different media houses and register the presence of this association in Nigeria, whatever the name would be(hopefully not NAUG)

And when I mean rally, I mean RALLY! Like the Legal practitioners(Lawyers) did to register their distaste for subsidy removal??

And what's the rush about the time for holding the meeting??

Have you confirmed Unilag sports complex?

And if you have, have you obtained permission for a peaceful rally from the relevant authorities, so that it's evident that we are knowledgeable and law abiding citizens?

Who said this meeting cannot hold on OCTOBER 1ST??

I'm perplexed.

Eku ise ooo..

Hmm
Well, we are all human beings and being angry and disappointed is just a feeling(it happens,its allowed no problems)!!!
Coming all over the world to Lagos is worth it first because that's the right thing to do- we have to let Nigerians and the whole world see these movement has nothing but one voice. Our aim is the oneness across the federation not that River state graduates are saying this and Oyo state graduate are saying that.(No one will listen to you)
Let me bring it to your notice that before any association or movement come out openly to protest they must be duly registered and have a focus with aims and objectives under the CAC(cooperate affairs commission) and doing this takes a whole lot of process. And our lawyers has advised us to start meetings(freedom of Association in law) to gain momentum and once we have enough members then we can go ahead and register...
The registration process takes time and various requirements e.g 3 referees
These are some of the issue the meeting is all about. Now we need referees,would u sit in the comfort of your room punching ur computers and wish the 3 referees come down from heaven(of course not).
1)How do we set up aims and objectives and who agrees on what?
2)Some people want a change of name and some don't,have we agreed on one?
3)We want to send a memorandum to the national assembly for the payment of all graduates after NYSC are we gonna do that on nairaland too?
4) The issue of job security?Most banks employ workers on contract basis creating confusion on who is employed or not ,no job security...should we start discussing it here
Lebanese, indians,koreans etc Companies taking advantage of unemployment in Nigeria and offering a bsc holder 30k per month,with driving skills as advantage(the work of a driver), age restriction barriers,5 years working experience and so many frivolous criteria for employment!!!!

If we go your way I believe everything will start and end on nairaland
Action speaks louder than voice let's channel all these energies to acting than just talking
Let's meet, let's know the turn out and let's see how dedicated we are( I have called some lagos contact and most of them have been giving excuse of not coming)...then we know what we are fighting for...
Once we are fully registered the rest can continue on the site!but for now let's show action!!
And a big thanks to ADEKUNLE from ABEOKUTA who has volunteered to build us a website free of charge..may God bless you
Whoever wants to speak with our lawyers can call,text or email me for numbers to call on and would be replied through mail.
Thanks
Ehis Abuya

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 27, 2013
ehixking:

HmmWell, we are all human beings and being angry and disappointed is just a
feeling(it happens,its allowed no problems)!!!
Coming all over the world to Lagos is worth it first because that's the
right thing to do- we have to let Nigerians and the whole world see
these movement has nothing but one voice. Our aim is the oneness across
the federation not that River state graduates are saying this and Oyo
state graduate are saying that.(No one will listen to you)
Let me bring it to your notice that before any association or movement
come out openly to protest they must be duly registered and have a focus
with aims and objectives under the CAC(cooperate affairs commission)
and doing this takes a whole lot of process. And our lawyers has advised
us to start meetings(freedom of Association in law) to gain momentum
and once we have enough members then we can go ahead and register...
The registration process takes time and various requirements e.g 3
referees
These are some of the issue the meeting is all about. Now we need
referees,would u sit in the comfort of your room punching ur computers
and wish the 3 referees come down from heaven(of course not).
1)How do we set up aims and objectives and who agrees on what?
2)Some people want a change of name and some don't,have we agreed on
one?
3)We want to send a memorandum to the national assembly for the payment
of all graduates after NYSC are we gonna do that on nairaland too?
4) The issue of job security?Most banks employ workers on contract basis
creating confusion on who is employed or not ,no job security...should
we start discussing it here
Lebanese, indians,koreans etc Companies taking advantage of unemployment
in Nigeria and offering a bsc holder 30k per month,with driving skills
as advantage(the work of a driver), age restriction barriers,5 years
working experience and so many frivolous criteria for employment!!!!

If we go your way I believe everything will start and end on nairaland
Action speaks louder than voice let's channel all these energies to
acting than just talking
Let's meet, let's know the turn out and let's see how dedicated we are( I
have called some lagos contact and most of them have been giving excuse
of not coming)...then we know what we are fighting for...
Once we are fully registered the rest can continue on the site!but for
now let's show action!!
And a big thanks to ADEKUNLE from ABEOKUTA who has volunteered to build
us a website free of charge..may God bless you
Whoever wants to speak with our lawyers can call,text or email me for
numbers to call on and would be replied through mail.
Thanks
Ehis Abuya

Well said bro. That guy above you wanted everything to start from here nairaland and end here!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2013
Well said Ehixking. This is only but a forum and while it serves well in the function of bringing us all together it can't sustain the momentum without physical actions and steps.
Together we can make Nigeria a better place.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yinkaolu(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2013
Compatriots! Welldone to all so far! Will like to let us know that we must be encouraged. A broom stick is easily broken but not a broom in itself! In togetherness we can achieve the unachievable! Lets be open minded and have our aims and objectives as our focus without looking to the left or right (distractions) and with God with us, we shall have a better Nigeria for us and our offsprings to come! Kudos!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 28, 2013
Oga ehiz, what's the current update? We havent heard from u again o. Pls update! Thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wendyslim(f): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2013
Has the change of date bin announced? No time on our side again ooo.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Purplebells: 12:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
September jobs, go online now and apply.

To go September jobs on

www.purplebells.com

Good luck and please share.....

Team Purplebells
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
RedBenson: Oga ehiz, what's the current update? We havent heard from u again o. Pls update! Thanks

The date hasn't changed a lil bit
Its still the 7th f next month...
Unilag sport center
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by femoric9: 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
Seriously, I must salute d courage of every one in dis forum, , especially d initiator and convener in d person Mr Ehiz.
I've actually bin thinking of dis for long, but everytime it pops up, I laugh at d idea.Bin a student comrade in school, I believe dat any struggle dat u can believe in, usually holds an achievable victory.
We never knew dis has bin on, me and some comrade brodas still discussed d possibility some days back.
I'M FULLY IN AND WE ALSO START MOBILISING MY PPLE, UNFORTUNATELY I WONT BE ABLE TO ATTEND D SEPT. 7 MEETING because I WILL BE GOING TO MY HOME STATE (EKITI) FOR D STATE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION TEST WHICH HOLDS SAME DAY.
I'm presently in ib and will surely get in touch wit u 'Ehiz'. ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ASCERTA.
Adefemi (08034980953).
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sambright2012: 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
wot of if we remain faceless wit a hight agitation on media .i am in. chuks ebonyi
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
Our website designer needs a motto...sugestions pplease
And ibaadan people should get in torch with me to plan for our travelling down to lagos...
I think we could organize the movement and accomodation( to make it a lively journey and ) for those willing to pass the night...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
ehixking: Our website designer needs a motto...sugestions pplease
And ibaadan people should get in torch with me to plan for our travelling down to lagos...
I think we could organize the movement and accomodation( to make it a lively journey and ) for those willing to pass the night...

For the motto I humbly suggest 'building a better nigeria'
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zogo(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Great idea
Great solution.

Let me represent South-South, Port Harcourt.

ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORY IS SURE!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by clun(f): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
ehixking: Our website designer needs a motto...sugestions pplease

I suggest "LEADERS OF TOMORROW"
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Oluabayomi1(m): 10:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
Isn't better to ve a comprehensive lists(phone numbers) of people who had shown interest already so to enable easy dissemination of info. it is just a suggestion pls. we can equally register for bulky sms of a thing too. pls i need raw update as soon as it comes
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:47am On Aug 29, 2013
Great and beautiful people,
The chosen ones, one but a people with the heart of kings........
Good day to you all,
this is just a reminder to us all to rekindle the fire in us,
to be a source of inspiration to the world
Never to back down on our dreams
The world is ours and all in it
Let's make our weakness our- strength
Our disabilities our-courage
Our courage to carry on
Our strength is in our diversity,our strength is in our belief- our belief in the truth
We know where our shoes hurts
Our land is green yet millions of us starve
Our leaders don't know what it means to wake up in the morning with no money in the pocket
No food on the shelves and hole in our trousers
We can tell them what it means to see our younger brothers who ought to be in school in the morning selling items in the market
Can some one tell them what it means to live in houses without the roof
If u can't I can tell them what it means to go to school without the shoes on and Go to bed hungry with the hope that hunger would have gone by dawn
Tell them agonies of having a masters degree as a disadvantage( without jobs or over qualified)

Youths have been used to achieve political ambitions
Now we say No and want to work and earn a living ourselves
We say no to foreign companies making money off us without giving us jobs
No to tribalism,tribalism favouritism in offering jobs
We say no to gender or religious discrimination
We say no to round table and family affairs kind of government

We love our country, we love ourselves
God has blessed us too much for most of us to be wallowing in the state of abject poverty

Our dream is to get nigeria to a state of ELDORADO
Let's do things right
Let's join the fight

""Its important to note that our lawyers have advised a change of Name should be done as soon as possible""

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:42am On Aug 29, 2013
Let's keep the dream alive
Let's us all participate in this project the best way we can

Let the phone numbers
Emails
And location(all contacts) keep coming
We don't have up to 100 members yet who have shown interest on nairaland
For those that don't want to display their contacts on social network can send a mail to ehixking@gmail.com
Or
Ehixking@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:45am On Aug 29, 2013
Motto for the movement/group/assoociation/forum?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:47am On Aug 29, 2013
Sunnycliff:
For the motto I humbly suggest 'building a better nigeria'

Noted*
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:48am On Aug 29, 2013
clun:

I suggest "LEADERS OF TOMORROW"

Noted*
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:07am On Aug 29, 2013
damoobaba: Pls,are there any efforts being made to get the ASUU chairman (Unilag chapter) in attendance? Or is it going to b after d 1st meeting? Its nt out of place if we key into ASUU's struggles to prevent Nigerian graduates from being d subject of universal mockery. Rememba we r products of Nigerian universities.

When there is fire on the roof,you have to remove yours first before that of your neighbour
ASUU is a recognised Association on it own, we don't even have a name yet!!!!
Let's tackle our own problems first before pooking our noses into other peoples affair
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:43am On Aug 29, 2013
ehixking:

Its opened to any acedemic degree holder those that studied home or abroad
And the mission and vision statement have been drafted already but still opened to amendments,additions and subtractions
Some has sent mails on visions and missions

Still waiting for aadditions tho'
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2013
Mr. Ehix, thank you so much and I say a big weldone to you on this struggle so far to making Nigeria a better place to live because you are already showing some leadership qualities by giving us some Gingeristic words that should be a force to wake the sleeping Lion within us. May Almighty God in his infinite mercies protect us and make the date a realistic one.. (Amen)

I would like to commend my fellow brothers and sisters (Comrades) too who has contributed tremendously to this cause by chipping-in there ideas, suggestions, opinions and advices because "a tree cannot make a bush" to achieving this aim of ours (Operation No To Unemployment), may Almighty God bless us abundantly too and own a better job for all of us..

As regards the motto we are still deliberating on it on BBM Chat Group but the only one we are considering for now is "JOB CREATION, THE BEDROCK FOR SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY" and before 10:00am today I'm sure we will reach a conclusion and I will update you as well..

Our Slogan should be (Operation No To Unemployment)...

I stand to be corrected Oooo... My suggestions I think...

#peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked / Who Has Used Victor Ola ( Noieltsexams) Canadian Program / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.