Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,819 members, 7,851,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:05 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (60032 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Rizstar: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2013
kinnad: Sorry i've not been around for some time now.I'm so much impressed at the turnup,the last time i counted,we were six,but i can't even count anymore. I've taken my time to read through to the last page,kudos to you all.Thats the spirit. Now i think we've got to start.

However,Mr King,please something has to be done about this name.It is true that the name gets people's attention,but thats only at the first instant.The second time you take a look at it,it becomes deregatory.

Like i said earlier,it should nt be only for the unemployed,else it becomes selfish,since you will cease to be a member when you gain an employment.Do u also know that the name sounds like you're proud to call yourself "unemployed",and it therefore sounds like a joke. Please think about it,and see from other people's point of view.

It would make more sense if we call it "NIGERIAN GRADUATES' MOVEMENT AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT".You can still refine the name if you wish but please drop the former.

I need some sleep now.I will be back during the day for exchange of ideas.

please the original name should not be changed. Because if it is changed, the main objective of the association will be greatly defeated. txn
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wendyslim(f): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2013
Incrizz: Hey peeps, directly message me your bbm pins and I'd add you to the active NAUG bbm group we have there. Cheerssmiley
330889E6
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sleeky8(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2013
In my opinion its too soon to be talking bout account number, let's meet first and see the number of people that are serious and ready to work because it is one thing to support the idea and another thing to be a "nairaland" supporter.
On the issue of location, like someone said the number of people in a particular location should determine where the meeting should be held we can always relay via facebook and twitter to others.
PS the name should remain NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 11:28am On Aug 23, 2013
ehixking: Am happy to anounce to you all that I met with our lawyers today and work has been going on on how to get it registerd!!

The outcome
1) We met with different groups of people and 3 practising and professional lawyers that showed interest

2)Radio and TV interview is what to watched outfor

3) The first meeting is scheduled to take place in lagos or ibadan next week wednesday( here we need comment cos we need speakers to take part in televison and radio interviews

Where should we have the first meeting and reasons....
. Kudoz bro,but let me put it to your notice dat many people has started opening social accounts everywhere and anything that has to do with NAUG must originate from you. If need be to assign people to work on behalf of you before we set up interim management must be known to the house not that people some people wil start opening bbm,twitter,facebook, etc. So that the objectives will not be lost. As to location, i believe Lagos will be good to kick off because of the followings: general acceptability,opportunity to invite media people for coverage,easy identification of location, etc. PLEASE NOTE: ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THIS NAUG MUST BE FIRST BE COMMUNICATED FROM YOU. I think no decision has been made yet on all social media accounts and if yes please let us know ok. Remember only you i recognise here o. Goodwork bro!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2013
80obinna: People
should come in the house and start to decide and give orders with finishing with internal problem.and now so soon, they are thinking of setting up an account.

The suggestion of the bank account wasnt meant to be an immediate execution. It was just one of the numerous suggestions that could aid the smooth financial running of this course. Mind you, this is a group abt 'unemployed' folks, so finances for running the course must definitely be a problem. In such situation, the group now calls for financial aids from gainfully employed folks. But before then, proper consideration as u know must take place.

Suggest yours while i suggest mine and we take the most suitable. Peace!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 23, 2013
zelexotunla: . Kudoz bro,but let me put it to your notice dat many people has started opening social accounts everywhere and anything that has to do with NAUG must originate from you. If need be to assign
people to work on behalf of you before we set up interim management must be known to the house not that people some people wil start opening bbm,twitter,facebook, etc. So that the objectives will not be lost. As
to location, i believe Lagos will be good to kick off because of the
followings: general acceptability,opportunity to invite media people for coverage,easy identification of location, etc. PLEASE NOTE: ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THIS NAUG MUST BE FIRST BE COMMUNICATED FROM YOU. I think no decision has been made yet on all social media accounts and if yes please let us know ok. Remember only you i recognise here o. Goodwork bro!

Exactly what i earlier stated that 'ehixking' (the op of this thread) is at presence like a paramount ruler, a president and of course a topmost cordinator of the union and until interim mgt team is set up after meetings. No one else shld try to play smart on this cos i know folks can be funny atimes.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 80obinna: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2013
What is hard for the house to verify the claims of this 2 party claming to be oringinators of this movement.
People should not miss lead by others ,let the 2 party claiming beem the oringinator first see themselves thru. Before we all make mass of ourselves .
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
80obinna: What is hard for the house to verify the claims of this 2 party claming to be oringinators of this movement.
People should not miss lead by others ,let the 2 party claiming beem the oringinator first see themselves thru. Before we all make mass of ourselves .
. Hmmm What a world!!! Hello NAIRALANDERS I THINk THERE IS ISSUE HERE WE HAVE TO IRON OUT. LET US ALL LOOK INTO CLAIM MADE BY 80obinna OF THE COPYRIGHT ISSUE. WE HAVE TO PUT HOUSE IN ORDER FIRST. Just my 2 cents
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
80obinna: What is hard for the house to verify the claims of this 2 party claming to be oringinators of this movement.
. Hmmm What a world!!! Hello NAIRALANDERS I THINk THERE IS ISSUE HERE WE HAVE TO IRON OUT. LET US ALL LOOK INTO CLAIM MADE BY 80obinna OF THE COPYRIGHT ISSUE. WE HAVE TO PUT HOUSE IN ORDER FIRST. Just my 2 cents.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks peeps for the massive turn out
But its quit unfortunate our brothers in the north haven't really been participating( just wondering if the graduates their are all employed)

Only those in the north central has been responding
(Kogi,benue,abuja) non from katsina,kano,kaduna,jigawa,nassarawa etc
Where are you guys its a one nigeria struggle not just for others

Please we need you all to respond please

And still on the issue of where to hold the first meeting next week, since I stay in ibadan and since its a cool and peaceful place and I have somewhere in mind we could hold the meeting...I suggest Ibadan

But if most people still wants Lagos that means there must be arrangement for venue!
Once there is venue it can be held no problems
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 23, 2013

Which other party are talking about? I dont understand!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
I think we should put the lagos and Ibadan issue to vote since we are in a Democracy. It will also allow us to know the location that will record more turnout of unemployed graduates.

If you want the meeting to hold in LAGOS,like this post

9 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
If you want the meeting to hold in IBADAN,like this post.

Voting closes by sunday midnight.

6 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
damoobaba: If you want the meeting to hold in IBADAN,like this post.

Voting closes by sunday midnight.
I want Ibadan, Lagos is too far for me. But I can easily travel to Ibadan.
Ibadan is more centralised
Consider other people coming from South Western states please. Lagos is at the extreme.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
Incrizz:

There are also unemployed graduates who have BB.

Just in case anyone is wondering, this bbm group I am talking about, is solely dedicated to EhixKing, okay

I used to clamor for no name change, but these two names suggested by two comrades, make a lot of sense and I totally support any of them as a name change since the name will carry all Nigerian graduates along:

NIGERIAN GRADUATES' MOVEMENT AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NGMAU)

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES AGAINST UNEMPLOYMENT (NANGAU)
Pls Uncle Ehis reconsider.

Then, I hear of Tv and interview things; that is my specialty. Uncle Ehis if you need a public representative who can effectively communicate the aims of NAUG/NGMAU/NANGAU on Tv to all Nigerians & politicians, I shall represent. But if there are other volunteers already, I gladly relinquish my desire.

Concerning the venue for the first meeting hm! If you don't understand by now that to get the attention of the whole Nigeria, Lagos is it hm! You may have miscalculated.

One last thing, this pressure group is for Nigeria graduates against unemployment and not an associaton for market women and crayfish sellers or unemployed individuals who did not go to school.

Eku ise oooo...

Welldone bro, dats why I felt we should put the venue thing to vote.Ibadan is central to southwes,Lagos has the presence of almost all the media stations needed in attendance.I feel channals TV or Punch and Vanguard will nt face any difficulty honouring such an invitation in Lagos.I stand to be corrected
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 8:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
Rizstar:

please the original name should not be changed. Because if it is changed, the main objective of the association will be greatly defeated. txn
Bro d aim cannot be defeated. Every intellectual knows that name sounds ridiculous. If we use that name"Association of unemployed Graduates",first,it sounds like you are not employable.Secondly,it looks like you're proud being unemployed.Thirdly,when you get a job(or hav u given up on jobs?) ,will you quit the association?then that would be selfish.If u dnt,u knw its wrong.Fourthly,that name can not allow emloyed people to be a part,or do you think you dnt need them? Finally,many people here have made the same remark about the name.Plz always take clue from people,no man is an island
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by bio1759: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
hello everyone, I reall appreciate this initiative. But we here are employable so I think the association should be Untapped Human Resources Association of Nigeria (UHRAN).
Because we are all great minds here waiting or loking for a platform to explode.
Regards.
Abe
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 8:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Incrizz:

Just in case anyone is wondering, this bbm group I am talking about, is solely dedicated to EhixKing, okay

I used to clamor for no name change, but these two names suggested by two comrades, make a lot of sense and I totally support any of them as a name change since the name will carry all Nigerian graduates along:

Then, I hear of Tv and interview things; that is my specialty. Uncle Ehis if you need a public representative who can effectively communicate the aims of NAUG/NGMAU/NANGAU on Tv to all Nigerians & politicians, I shall represent. But if there are other volunteers already, I gladly relinquish my desire.

Concerning the venue for the first meeting hm! If you don't understand by now that to get the attention of the whole Nigeria, Lagos is it hm! You may have miscalculated.

One last thing, this pressure group is for Nigeria graduates against unemployment and not an associaton for market women and crayfish sellers or unemployed individuals who did not go to school.

Eku ise oooo...

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ehixking i sent you an email regarding the association website but i got no response.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2013
bio1759: hello
everyone, I reall appreciate this initiative. But we here are employable so I think the association should be Untapped Human Resources Association of Nigeria (UHRAN). Because we are all great minds here waiting or loking for a platform to explode.
Regards.
Abe

Hey! Thank you but i hope u not making fun of d association. Wch kind name be that? Anyway, ur contribution is noted!

As for the venue, i still firmly stand Lagos shld remain the best location to hold the 1st meeting. Reason being that almost (if not all) states of the federation can produce a representative based on residents in Lagos unlike Ibadan. Wihout doubt, we all know the remarkable diff btwn Lagos population and that of Ibadan. Let Lagos remain the venue.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2013
The Name should be changed to any of either of the earlier names suggested for continuity and sustained fight against graduates unemployment. As for the choice of venue Lagos should remain undisputed for many reasons as some colleagues had already made mention of
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
obas01: Fully supported frm Lagos lez form facebook, N'land and bb group to share idea on way forward, mind u there ar sum political dogs who ar here to counter dis effort so .. Watch dem !! If u don't stand nobody will sand for u.
Wale , Lagos. 08053345516.
There's already a BBM group for this,just drop ur Pin and you'll get invited.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:46am On Aug 24, 2013
If you guys have a venue for the meeting to be held in Lagos just let us know please.......and note that a lot of people too have indicated interest from Abeokuta
(Yes!! Kudos to those repping big from Abeokuta,kogi,abuja,lagos and ibadan, PH and enugu...we need those from the north too to join in the struggle)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:54am On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Eku ise oooo...

Thanks for this great write up
Your request would be greatly considered
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 5:04am On Aug 24, 2013
[.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 9:03am On Aug 24, 2013
Incrizz:

Thank you sir.

I suggest the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS or any other public spots in Lagos like the Main bowl of the National stadium in Surulere.

The reason is because you don't need to pay money to get access to this spots.

#MyHumbleSuggestion

Eku ise ooo..

Are you really sure that payments are not made for these venues? If its true, then I would go for the TBS Square.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Incrizz(f): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2013
[7
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kemtol(f): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2013
Pls nlers, also support dt d name be changed to NGMAU. National Graduate movement Against Unemployment, cos not everyone here his unemployed. There re some of us living on one skill or d other while trying to get a white collar job. We can't call them unemployed Also with ds name, it ll open doors for some corporate stakeholders to identify with us. Wit ds name it will open doors for anyone to be a part of and not linmited to uneployed graduates alone. In conclusion , I ll suggest we use d national stadium as d venue
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Wendyslim(f): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2013
I think having the first meeting in Lagos is ok but I will suggest a change of name to NGMAU cos a lot of us here don't have a white colar job but are engaged in one thing or anoda(self employed or into trading) . So I will like the op to have a second tot on the name.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by obynowhizzy: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2013
Ehis let the name be changed to NGMAU. Thank u
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damoobaba: 10:40am On Aug 24, 2013
ehixking: If you guys have a venue for the meeting to be held in Lagos just let us know please.......and note that a lot of people too have indicated interest from Abeokuta
(Yes!! Kudos to those repping big from Abeokuta,kogi,abuja,lagos and ibadan, PH and enugu...we need those from the north too to join in the struggle)
We r already voting Bro,just try and get in touch with some Lagos peeps so that we can get a befitting venue for the meeting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.