Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Jesus - Ufo Connection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus - Ufo Connection (6478 Views)

I Saw A UFO Last Night!!! / The Superiority Of The Jesus Christ Over Prophet Mohammed / UFO's And Christian Beliefs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 6:35pm On Jun 02, 2008
THE UFO - JESUS CONNECTION

by
David E. Twichell
Infinity Publishing Co. (2001)

The ancient astronaut and Biblical UFO hypotheses are not new. However, no one seems to want to take the matter to the next logical step. If Ezekiel’s "wheel within a wheel" and Moses’ "pillar of fire and cloud", "Elija's chariot of Fire" were forerunners of today’s UFOs, then the Star of Bethlehem and the brilliant cloud to which Jesus ascended must be treated in the same vein.
When Biblical descriptions of anomalous aerial phenomena are overlaid on that of modern-day UFO reports, the picture seems to meld as one. Once the evidence has been presented, the reader is led to a conclusion that is at best convincing and at least though provoking.
Are you willing to risk having your world view shaken?

PREFACE

The ancient astronaut and Biblical UFO hypotheses are not new. However, no one seems to want to take the matter to the next logical step. If Ezekiel's "wheel within a wheel" and Moses' "pillar of fire and cloud" were forerunners of today's UFOs, then the Star of Bethlehem and the brilliant cloud to which Jesus ascended must be treated in the same vein.
How can one make a connection between ufology and Christianity without suggesting that God is nothing more than an alien in a flying saucer? The two concepts appear to be so far apart that an expansive void exists between them. The answer is to bridge that void with knowledge.
Although I have presented many documented cases in this book to dramatize the immense volume of evidence supporting the existence of the UFO/abduction phenomenon, I have not necessarily written it for the expressed purpose of convincing the reader of its reality. I present it to dramatize the evidence that led me to the conclusions of my own belief system.
Too many people feel that their belief system is the right one and are close minded to any theories based on the facts. Even though their own beliefs are based on "faith" that flies in the face of all known facts. Their parents, grandparents, priests, ministers and rabbis have formed their reality. It is much easier to let someone else do their thinking for them than to analyze the facts for themselves and draw their own conclusions.
This fact is why the "Flat Earth Society" still exists to this day. "The Bible says that angels guard the four corners of the Earth. How could the Earth have four corners if it is round?"
"If the Earth was round, when Jesus comes back down from heaven, He would slide right off. How could he light on a round Earth?"
This is the kind of logic that has been passed down from generation to generation. It is much more convenient and less thought provoking to accept this logic than to use one's own. Copernicus was imprisoned by the church for such heresy as suggesting that the Earth is not the center of the universe. Some people hold this concept to be true today.
When I was in grade school, before the first space flight, my science teacher told us that if we were to go into space, we would find that the Earth was green. This color was a reflection of the earth's foliage off the ionosphere. We learned that the Milky Way was one of only seven galaxies in the universe.
Mainstream science thought they knew everything there was to know at that time, as they do today. Now we look back one hundred years and laugh at their arrogance. At the turn of the twentieth century they looked back one hundred years and laughed at their arrogance. I have a distinct feeling that at the turn of the twenty-second century, they will look back at the science of today and laugh at ours.
If the truth runs contrary to the conventional world view, so be it. Mainstream science, throughout history, has consistently proven that the truth runs contrary to the world view of the previous century.

And what of an afterlife? A heaven . . . or a spiritual realm? Communication between souls, living and dead? Fifty years ago ESP (extrasensory perception) was so much nonsense. A parlor trick. Today it is not only accepted by mainstream science, it is used to explain away virtually every unknown phenomenon of the mind from spirit communication to the near death experience. Too many incidents have occurred in my life to dismiss out of hand the existence of this phenomenon.
If we, as a race, are to evolve technologically, emotionally and spiritually, we must be willing to accept the facts that we learn along the way and not dwell on the dogmas of our ancestors. Not that what our ancestors witnessed and reported were incorrect. Much to the contrary. Perhaps it is a simple matter of interpretation. Over the centuries we have learned that the clash of thunder and the streak of lightning did not indicate that the gods were angry. We have learned that the moon was not something to fear and throw stones at. That the eclipse of the Sun does not mean that it is being devoured by a dragon.
The proper knowledge yields the proper interpretation of any phenomenon. Does this mean that to accept UFOs as a reality we must throw out all we know and believe about the Bible? Should we listen to those who say, "you can't believe in UFOs and God too."? Once again, much to the contrary. The trick comes with integrating the new facts with the old. Scientific and intellectual development is much like a good mystery novel. The facts are laid out for all to see, page by page.
If one is able to recall the clues given in chapter, one and incorporate them with the ones given in chapter ten, it won't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out that the butler did it before the final page is turned.
The volumes of clues, that the world has been given, at the time of this writing, are enormous. If we keep the clues given in the Bible separate from those of science, we must have two different belief systems. If we weigh the mass of evidence gathered from around the world, concerning UFO and spiritual phenomena, against that of mainstream science, then two other belief systems are born. There are virtually as many belief systems in this world as there are believers. Yet, I can assure you, there is but one reality. If that reality is a culmination of many dimensions, then that is the one reality to which I refer.
I have spent the last thirty-six years studying the UFO phenomenon . . . pro and con. I have studied metaphysics . . . pro and con. I have studied mainstream science and the Bible. For every question answered, there are ten more questions posed. If I were to subscribe to one paradigm as gospel, I would have no choice but to throw out all other known facts in spite of the legitimacy of their existence. It is by finding and incorporating that common thread that helps to make the puzzle complete.

What I propose in this volume may not be the last word on the matter. It may well be as far off base as one could get. However, it is a theory based upon the culmination of my findings and personal experiences through the years. I ask you only to examine the evidence, add your own knowledge and personal experiences and draw your own conclusions. If you are right, you're right. If not . . . keep digging.
Do not think that to even consider such a hypothesis is blasphemous. Blasphemy requires the element of intent. If one intends to degrade, discredit, or otherwise distort the truth regarding something held sacred, this is blasphemy. I can assure you that such is not the intent in this case. To examine the evidence and arrive at an erroneous conclusion is simply a mistake. I cannot imagine a loving Father who would banish his own child to an eternity of torment for seeking the truth and drawing the wrong conclusion.

Found this interesting Topic, any comments Nairalanders??
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by savanaha: 6:48pm On Jun 02, 2008
Was the author abducted at some point or the other?
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 8:45am On Jun 03, 2008
I don't think he was abducted, he is just carrying out an intellectual exercise!! besides controversy sells he can as well make some money out of it grin
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by infiniti(f): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2008
@ poster,

what is interesting about this topic now? angry angry angry
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2008
It gets more intersting shocked
In the Nag Hammadi Library, a book of ancient Gnostic writings, Jesus Christ is called 'Allogenes', which means 'alien'.

Jesus Christ, UFO's, and aliens

A fresco entitled "The Crucifixion" and was painted in 1350. The fresco is located above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia. The two objects in the painting, which could be considered UFO's, are enlarged below.

UFO picture, Christian art

UFO picture, aliens, Christian art

Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2008
More pictures

"The Baptism of Christ", by Aert de Gelder, painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped, UFO type object is shining beams of light down upon John the Baptist and Jesus.

A 17th century fresco from the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia. The two saucer shaped objects on either side of Christ contain faces, which can be seen in the detail images.

Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 8:34am On Jun 04, 2008
I am really suprised shocked that there have not been an avanlanche of comments on this most controversial topic sad
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by joomiegal(f): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
@ poster:
you shldnt be surprised pple are not replying. at the risk of soundins supercilious, i must say most maybe people hav finaly found the UFO topic a wearying, crashing bore. I mean, wetin concern ezekiel's wheel-within-a-wheel, and the reports of green men flying? Ezekiel saw a vision. simple. The foreign tabloids in the 80's were obsessed with the topic-everybody kept claiming UFO sightings, but with no substantial proof.
im an avid reader, since childhood. i know man will always be curious, wanting more knowledge-we were made that way.and really, there are some very real, but unexplained phenomena-like the bermuda triangle thing. whole planes and ships disappearing-and NO debris wotsoeva from the vessels and stuff like that. some people say they were taken into anoda dimension. maybe.
my point is, our mind, right now, becos of our fallen nature is quite finite as compared to the way we were made, it simply cannot grasp the infinite-we will be able to that when we recieve our incorruptible bodies @ rapture. St. Augustine, was walking along the beach one day trying to grasp the concept of the Trinity. he saw a little boy playing in the sand; the child had dug a hole and was scooping water into it with a shell. when St. augustine asked him wot he was doin, the child replied, "im trying to pour the sea into this hole".
That was when he(St. Augustine) realized that he was trying to the just the very same thing.

I find the UFO concept quite ridiculous-the suggestion that there are little green men on mars or whatever. my bible doesnt tell me that. Equally ridiculous is the notorious big bang theory. only a fool, looking at the design of life, could assume anything happened by accident.

Nuff sed!! my point is, there is enough of the mysterious around us, that God only can explain-thats what makes Him God!!! so relax, when u get to heaven u'll know all!!!! good luck! wink
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2008
@joomiegal
Thanx for your comment and i understand your position, but i have been doing further research on the topic since i came across this issue and the results are actually mind buggling (capable of changing one's perception about life) were as i am not prepared to discuss the results of findings here, i suggest you pick up you do a google search on the "bible ufo connection" and cross check everything you find there with your bible, you would be shocked shocked what you find there
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 05, 2008
This is one of the big problems of Western Christianity - it is TOO intellectual.

Those that have experienced the power of God have no time for these sort of arguments.

Lastly, the proponents of these arguments are probably some secular humanists looking for an excuse to legalize or indulge in homosexuality - on some other moral aberration.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by simmy(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2008
quite silly, in fact a lil childish
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by BIGLON: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
imhotep, you have to be the most closed mined person on earth. I completly agree with simmy. you are indeed childish and if your could actually read "your" bible you would understand. this topic is for people capable of critical level thinking. cool
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
To be honest we have to be careful here, the only guide we should ever refer to is the Bible. Even archaeological and historical facts should line up with scripture otherwise we are in danger of error.

I will respond fully shortly.

But we can at least have an honest and civilised debate compared to what some so called Christians have turned this forum into.

But please peruse these bible verses in the interim.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Hebrews 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
imhotep:

This is one of the big problems of Western Christianity - it is TOO intellectual.

I have to agree with you here.

Christianity is so simplistic but yet we tend to intellectualise the bible and fall into error.

May God preserve the elect in these last days.

UFOs have no connections at ALL with Moses, Jesus or God for that matter.

The UFO is simply another of SATAN's lies carefully crafted to deceive the inquisitive souls who will not seek God and be saved but would rather engage in unprofitable arguments that will neither save or edify the hearers.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by BIGLON: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
So I suppose fossils, homosexuality,having open mind are all creations of the devil? lol When did Christians become prosecutors? The bible is to be read for what it is, NOT to be read then interpreted to fit what you believe or want to believe. Facts are facts, can anyone give an explantions for those "UFO like" objects in the pictures from the earlier post?
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^

Homosexuality is an obvious perversion.

Fossils are historical facts

Having an open mind so that God can work his deep truths into us is a good thing becase we can then escape the deceptions of man.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by BIGLON: 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2011
@Frosbel I can actually respect your views, not because i agree fully but because your the only one that can explain with reason.yet there is no explaination for the objects depicted in those paintings. I use my mind as a tool to view everything equally, without a supposed "religious" tint.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by benodic: 11:24am On Jun 04, 2011
@ poster

truth is not found in a book. books only point the way which you have to walk to find the truth. what you read in books are a compilations of other people's experiences tainted by their own bias and interpretation and further tainted by your own bias and interpretation. you need to go beyond the Scriptures and find the temple within where the holy spirit awaits you to teach you any thing you want to know about any mystery in life.

those who have made that connection with the Holy Spirit no longer bother with arguments over whether there are UFOs or not or whether Jesus is an alien or not. they become the living truth. co-workers with God and here only to give love and service to all life and that is all that matters.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by seyibrown(f): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2011
KunleOshob, abeg share your findings with us! Have your views changed?
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by KunleOshob(m): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2011
@seyibrown

I only put up this topic to provoke discussion and read people's view's and opinions. At the end of the day all I can say is that God is beyond human comprehension, human beings only try to rationalise him in their own understanding.
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by noetic16(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2011
interesting discourse . . . , but the OP is not making any bold assertions other than what we already know.
anything outside of the realm of the material or physical can be considered alien. the intervention of the spiritual if seen in the material can be described as alien or UFO manifestation, as in the case of Elijah and Moses.

these facts in themselves do not change anything or present any knowledge to challenge the thoughts or belief system of genuine Christians.
the return of Christ has always been portrayed in the scriptures as an alien invasion to wage war against unbelievers. the emergence of the antiChrist is also shrouded in his role in preventing or destroying this invasion.

my point is that the concept of aliens or UFO is easily reconcilable to biblical concepts, in the context that these concepts elucidate a spiritual (alien) intervention in the affairs of men. what we have today is a satanic approach to twist this scriptural knowledge in suggesting that Christ is an enemy of man (an alien) when He returns to wage war against the anti-Christ. this is corroborated by biblical accounts that suggest that the beast was able to gather the kings of the earth to war against Christ.

so depending on ur understanding and definition of the terms "alien" and "UFO" . . . . .the question is on which side do u belong . . . . . .Christ (the alien) or Satan (the antiChrist beast)
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by EvilBrain1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2011
What about the Zombie-Jesus-Dracula hypothesis? In my opinion, it makes far more sense than your Alien-Jesus theory.

Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @evil u r h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s nd yet u seem to be d most practical of all. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Jesus - Ufo Connection by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2011
in simple terms, earth was a science project - unfortunately the student has long moved on to better things like chics and weed! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all. / The Ethiopian Bible- World's Oldest Bible [pictures] / Are Athiest The Most Intelligent People? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.