Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,075 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! (881 Views)

About The Trinity / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2013
Whenever we are refering to 'God' it's generally acceptable that we're refering to a Supreme Being
Then, who is God?
Jesus provided us the answer in:
John 4:24 "God is a Spirit...." that is this Supreme Being is a Spirit that can speak, move and has life but doesn't have flesh or bones. Luke 24:39. The misconception comes when the Bible combine the two words together i.e 'Spirit of God' and this simply means 'The Spirit Itself but the highest one of all' or used only the word 'God' which also means 'A Spirit'. Some people thought 'God' is a being like human who has body and His spirit lives inside His body. No! He's just a Spirit.

Who is HOLYGHOST?
The HOLY infront of the Ghost or Spirit signifies the greatest attribute of this supreme Spirit of uncorruptible, purity, e.t.c. No doubt that HolyGhost is this Supreme one.

Can God speak?
Bible confirms that God can speak. If God can speak then it means WORD can come out, we read in Heb 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds(universe) were framed by the WORD of God,.." which also confirmed by Genesis in creation account...'And God said'.

The WORD that proceeded from God's mouth is the first thing in all creations apart from God Himself and it also God, that's why Moses wrote "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" Gen 1:1

Who is Jesus Christ?
In geneology of Jesus, we read an Angel visited a virgin(Mary) and told her, she will be visited by Holyspirit(God) Luke 1:35, then if God comes, He's coming to do what? Very simple is to come and speak because when a thing which has never happened is about to happen the WORD OF GOD will come out, especially when things that are seen not to be made from things that do appear Heb 11:3. The birth of Jesus Christ was so special because human reproduce by sperma but in case of Jesus, God speaks and thing we seen(Jesus) didn't make from thing we known(sperma)...John didn't make the mistake when he wrote "And the WORD was made flesh..." John 1:14. Now if God's word became a being Jesus Christ, did Jesus make a mistake to say 'I and my Father are one'? John10:30" No!
In Ephe 3:9 "...., who created all things by Jesus Christ" compare this with Heb 11:3 "..framed by the Word of God". Again can John also make the mistake to say "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:1-3. No!

No wonder why John also decleared in 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Why Jesus is the Only begotten Son?
Simple answer is, He's the WORD of God(what come out from God's mouth). That's why Jesus said "...My Father is greater than all(including Him)..." why? because if God didn't speak, word will not come out.

Who is the Father?
No doubt about it that God is greater than all of us. But why is He a Father? We read in: Ephe 3: 14:15 "14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,"

According to this verse if God is the Father of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is the WORD who created all things we called Him begotten Father.

So the Father, the Word(Son), and the Holyspirit are one this is a mystery "which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the [Holy] Spirit." Ephe 3:5.

God is one!

2 Likes

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by PastorOluT(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nice one, God bless u bro

Emusan: Whenever we are refering to 'God' it's generally acceptable that we're refering to a Supreme Being
Then, who is God?
Jesus provided us the answer in:
John 4:24 "God is a Spirit...." that is this Supreme Being is a Spirit that can speak, move and has life but doesn't have flesh or bones. Luke 24:39. The misconception comes when the Bible combine the two words together i.e 'Spirit of God' and this simply means 'The Spirit Itself but the highest one of all' or used only the word 'God' which also means 'A Spirit'. Some people thought 'God' is a being like human who has body and His spirit lives inside His body. No! He's just a Spirit.

Who is HOLYGHOST?
The HOLY infront of the Ghost or Spirit signifies the greatest attribute of this supreme Spirit of uncorruptible, purity, e.t.c. No doubt that HolyGhost is this Supreme one.

Can God speak?
Bible confirms that God can speak. If God can speak then it means WORD can come out, we read in Heb 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds(universe) were framed by the WORD of God,.." which also confirmed by Genesis in creation account...'And God said'.

The WORD that proceeded from God's mouth is the first thing in all creations apart from God Himself and it also God, that's why Moses wrote "In the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" Gen 1:1

Who is Jesus Christ?
In geneology of Jesus, we read an Angel visited a virgin(Mary) and told her, she will be visited by Holyspirit(God) Luke 1:35, then if God comes, He's coming to do what? Very simple is to come and speak because when a thing which has never happened is about to happen the WORD OF GOD will come out, especially when things that are seen not to be made from things that do appear Heb 11:3. The birth of Jesus Christ was so special because human reproduce by sperma but in case of Jesus, God speaks and thing we seen(Jesus) didn't make from thing we known(sperma)...John didn't make the mistake when he wrote "And the WORD was made flesh..." John 1:14. Now if God's word became a being Jesus Christ, did Jesus make a mistake to say 'I and my Father are one'? John10:30" No!
In Ephe 3:9 "...., who created all things by Jesus Christ" compare this with Heb 11:3 "..framed by the Word of God". Again can John also make the mistake to say "1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:1-3. No!

No wonder why John also decleared in 1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Why Jesus is the Only begotten Son?
Simple answer is, He's the WORD of God(what come out from God's mouth). That's why Jesus said "...My Father is greater than all(including Him)..." why? because if God didn't speak, word will not come out.

Who is the Father?
No doubt about it that God is greater than all of us. But why is He a Father? We read in: Ephe 3: 14:15 "14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,"

According to this verse if God is the Father of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is the WORD who created all things we called Him begotten Father.

So the Father, the Word(Son), and the Holyspirit are one this is a mystery "which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the [Holy] Spirit." Ephe 3:5.

God is one!
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Nice one, God bless u bro

How are you doing over there?
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by PastorOluT(m): 4:52am On Aug 10, 2013
Emusan:

How are you doing over there?

Great bro, and you?

1 Like

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by mcfynest(m): 5:39am On Aug 10, 2013
yeah, right on spot. but you can stop using the word TRINITY that is nt found anywhere in the bible. and pls note - JESUS IS NOT EQUAL TO GOD.
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 7:45am On Aug 10, 2013
mcfynest: yeah, right on spot. but you can stop using the word TRINITY that is nt found anywhere in the bible. and pls note - JESUS IS NOT EQUAL TO GOD.

So, the only reason you are against the Trinity is because the word does not exist in the bible? SMH, this is poor use logic. So we cannot relate with god in terms of our contemporary language?? Must we remain in the language and culture of more than two thousand years ago in order to be in conformity with the message and truth of christianity. You my friend, are a follower of the letter instead of the spirit(truth), and remember: The letter killeth...

2 Likes

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 10, 2013
mcfynest: yeah, right on spot. but you can stop using the word TRINITY that is nt found anywhere in the bible. and pls note - JESUS IS NOT EQUAL TO GOD.

Stop using the word 'BIBLE' that is not found in the scriptures.

2 Likes

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2013
@Emusan,

Bros, your teachings are full of errors, and popular errors for that matter. Simply put: mainstream christianity has little or no understanding of the God they purport to worship. This interpretation of "God is a spirit" as being that he is the air or Ghost is based on how the people of the Law(old testament) perceived god, as the invisible and unsee-able being, without body and does not care for physical things. This is how god has been defined all through the ages and till now, but this interpretation of god is wrong. The people of the old testament interpreted god in this manner because god was never revealed to anybody before christianity, so everybody who ever thought they knew god were simply ignorant of his true nature and this ignorance carries on till now.

So to enlighten you; Spirit means: A mindset, or behaviour or attitude. So God is not a ghost, and when God appears again, the people who will recognize him will do so by identifying what he thinks, speaks and acts. Thus spirit. This is what christ meant when he said "I and the father are one", meaning: they think the same thing, they speak the same thing and they act alike. So being spirit does not mean being bodiless. The Holy spirit is simply The thoughts, words and actions of God.

And the Father?? The father is the first person to operate by the holy spirit. He is the creator/originator of it.

Then the son is the one whom the father revealed(begat) this spirit(mindset) to.

So that is the trinity for you. It is only a mystery to people of the law. They cannot understand god because their minds are still set on shadows, trying to conform to letters and literalness of scripture instead of conforming to it's principles(spirit). This is why they did not recognize John the Baptist as Elijah who was promised to come before christ, because they were still looking for the literal, physical signs of Elijah, but John came with the thoughts, words and behaviours of Elijah. In other words: He had the spirit of Elijah.
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2013

Hmmm with your attestation you can still conclude this way.

Do you believe that you can find the word BIBLE in the scriptures?

1 Like

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 9:09am On Aug 10, 2013
okeyxyz: @Emusan,
Bros, your teachings are full of errors, and popular errors for that matter. Simply put: mainstream christianity has little or no understanding of the God they purport to worship. This interpretation of "God is a spirit" as being that he is the air or Ghost is based on how the people of the Law(old testament) perceived god, as the invisible and unsee-able being, without body and does not care for physical things. This is how god has been defined all through the ages and till now, but this interpretation of god is wrong. The people of the old testament interpreted god in this manner because god was never revealed to anybody before christianity, so everybody who ever thought they knew god were simply ignorant of his true nature and this ignorance carries on till now.

You mean Jesus also didn't know who Gos really is too?

So to enlighten you; Spirit means: A mindset, or behaviour or attitude. So God is not a ghost, and when God appears again, the people who will recognize him will do so by identifying what he thinks, speaks and acts.

God is what?

Thus spirit. This is what christ meant when he said "I and the father are one", meaning: they think the same thing, they speak the same thing and they act alike. So being spirit does not mean being bodiless. The Holy spirit is simply The thoughts, words and actions of God.

And the Father?? The father is the first person to operate by the holy spirit. He is the creator/originator of it.

Then the son is the one whom the father revealed(begat) this spirit(mindset) to.

So that is the trinity for you. It is only a mystery to people of the law. They cannot understand god because their minds are still set on shadows, trying to conform to letters and literalness of scripture instead of conforming to it's principles(spirit). This is why they did not recognize John the Baptist as Elijah who was promised to come before christ, because they were still looking for the literal, physical signs of Elijah, but John came with the thoughts, words and behaviours of Elijah. In other words: He had the spirit of Elijah.

Before I say anything tell me, what God is?
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by udatso: 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
frosbel, please come and save your people ooo and help them from their differences
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
Emusan:
You mean Jesus also didn't know who God really is too?

Jesus was a man of the law(he came to fulfill the law), So He couldn't speak the truths plainly but hid them in parables. We got the revelations after his resurrection. So you cannot follow his literal words.

God is what?

Before I say anything tell me, what God is?

Shoo?? With all my explanations(rants??) you still didn't catch my drift? God is a spirit. Spirit does not mean literal air or ghost. Spirit means: mindset, which is demonstrated through words and actions.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Good points@ Emusan, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him." But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11)
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by demola21(m): 3:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
@okeyxyz if God is a mindset, thought nd words who then appeared to Abraham,Moses and the Children of Isreal on Mount Sinia. If God is an idea what about angels and demonic spirits are they ideas too?

1 Like

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 3:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
demola21: @okeyxyz if God is a mindset, thought nd words who then appeared to Abraham,Moses and the Children of Isreal on Mount Sinia. If God is an idea what about angels and demonic spirits are they ideas too?

God is a person but the only way to identify this God is to identify his spirit(his laws, mindset, value system). Take for example in the physical, biological world; the surest way to determine a man is the father of a child is through a genetic test, so both the son and father will have the same genetic characteristics. So spiritually speaking, the spirit of god is his own genetic characteristics and the only way to identify god. This is what jesus meant by: God is a spirit and they that worship him must do so in spirit and truth; ie: they must know his mindset\value-system, else they'd be following other gods and not the true one.
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
okeyxyz:
God is a person
But you said God is a mindset up.hhhmmm

but the only way to identify this God is to identify his spirit(his laws, mindset, value system).

Confusion!

Take for example in the physical, biological world; the surest way to determine a man is the father of a child is through a genetic test, so both the son and father will have the same genetic characteristics.

Can someone see God?

So spiritually speaking, the spirit of god is his own genetic characteristics and the only way to identify god. This is what jesus meant by: God is a spirit and they that worship him must do so in spirit and truth; ie: they must know his mindset\value-system, else they'd be following other gods and not the true one.

How can someone receive HolyGhost baptism?
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
okeyxyz:
Jesus was a man of the law(he came to fulfill the law),

He comes from where?

So He couldn't speak the truths plainly but hid them in parables.

But all the Apostels didn't speak in parable or do they?

We got the revelations after his resurrection. So you cannot follow his literal words.

I didn't, you can see I quote from Apostels also.

Shoo?? With all my explanations(rants??) you still didn't catch my drift? God is a spirit.
You still went ahead and say God is a person....is that not a confusion?

Spirit does not mean literal air or ghost. Spirit means: mindset,

Do you realise spirit can speak?

which is demonstrated through words and actions.

If someone recieved HolyGhost baptism the Spirit will rest upon the person(pocessed). Have you received HolyGhost batpism?
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Emusan:
But you said God is a mindset up.hhhmmm

Confusion!

God is a person and God is a spirit\mindset(this is the koko!!). This is not a contradiction, unless your mind is not matured enough to grasp this principle. It takes God the person to manifest god the Spirit. To briefly illustrate: A man who is gay, though he is biologically a male, but is s.exually oriented towards males, then he has the spirit/mindset of a woman. So to be a complete person, it's not enough to just exist; you have to also act your role. This acting your role is the spiritual aspect of existence. So God is a person and He is a spirit. No contradiction!!

You are now behaving(ie: you have the spirit of..) like @mcfynest by trying to place the person and the spirit in opposition to each other just because the words don't literally match. And like I said to @myfynest: "Don't live by the letter...."
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by mcfynest(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
okeyxyz:

God is a person and God is a spirit\mindset(this is the koko!!). This is not a contradiction, unless your mind is not matured enough to grasp this principle. It takes God the person to manifest god the Spirit. To briefly illustrate: A man who is gay, though he is biologically a male, but is s.exually oriented towards males, then he has the spirit/mindset of a woman. So to be a complete person, it's not enough to just exist; you have to also act your role. This acting your role is the spiritual aspect of existence. So God is a person and He is a spirit. No contradiction!!

You are now behaving(ie: you have the spirit of..) like @mcfynest by trying to place the person and the spirit in opposition to each other just because the words don't literally match. And like I said to @myfynest: "Don't live by the letter...."

just a question. the early christians(paul in particular) didnt even say they are one. this theory started after the constantine meeting. Jesus christ is a god buh YHWH is the almighty. simple.
even john clarified his statement John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by mcfynest(m): 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
okeyxyz:

just a question. did the early christians(paul in particular) say they are one anything about it? or what is the funtion of the holyspirit in the trinity? this theory started after the constantine meeting. Jesus christ is a god buh YHWH is the almighty. simple.
even john clarified his statement John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by okeyxyz(m): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
mcfynest:

just a question. the early christians(paul in particular) didnt even say they are one. this theory started after the constantine meeting. Jesus christ is a god buh YHWH is the almighty. simple.

Again, you guys interpret scriptures improperly. "They are one" does not mean they are one entity; Rather, it means they agree on one principle, they operate on one principle, one mindset, one system, etc.
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by demola21(m): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
okeyxyz:

Again, you guys interpret scriptures improperly. "They are one" does not mean they are one entity; Rather, it means they agree on one principle, they operate on one principle, one mindset, one system, etc.

oga okey, nawa 4 u oh! Where in the scripture is that found? When Jesus disciples ask Him to show them the Father, he said he who has seen me has seen the Father. So u are telling me that if me and u agree on an issue, u and me are 1?
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by demola21(m): 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Guys, trinity is a mystery that we dnt fully understand til we get to heaven. Behold we know in part now but when we see His face we wil know in full
Re: The Mystery: Understanding Trinity! by Emusan(m): 7:07am On Aug 13, 2013
demola21:
oga okey, nawa 4 u oh! Where in the scripture is that found? When Jesus disciples ask Him to show them the Father, he said he who has seen me has seen the Father. So u are telling me that if me and u agree on an issue, u and me are 1?

What is killing the read message of the Bible today is the philosophy of world views which people have incorporated into Bible, that's why we see different interpretations to scripture based on secular mindset.

(1) (Reply)

Is Tying Of Head Tie In Church Necessary? / Anambra Youth Attack 7 Churches, Shoot Worshipers, Set Priests’ Residence Ablaze / GOD Of Heavens Word To Atheists, Muslims And Unbelievers Etc (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.