Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog (445 Views)

Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Help!!! How To Add My Site To A Facebook Like Page / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog by Jamieb(m): 5:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
I need urgent help before i forcefully quit blogging. I must confess i did not back it up.I wanted to change my blog from appearing as ''Post by Admin'' in which case i uninstalled wordpress and after installing a new one with the new details. After the new installation i discovered that all my posts to date are gone. Am depressed now cos i don't know what to do now. Guys help me please. OP if you can move this to the front page i would appreciate it as i need serious help. I can't start all over at this stage now.
Re: Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog by Jamieb(m): 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
is there no one to help me! Graphicplus, sylox pls where are you guys! Come to ma aid
Re: Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog by tubiz(m): 6:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Jamie b: I need urgent help before i forcefully quit blogging. I must confess i did not back it up.I wanted to change my blog from appearing as ''Post by Admin'' in which case i uninstalled wordpress and after installing a new one with the new details. After the new installation i discovered that all my posts to date are gone. Am depressed now cos i don't know what to do now. Guys help me please. OP if you can move this to the front page i would appreciate it as i need serious help. I can't start all over at this stage now.

Jamie b sorry about the issue you had, too bad you didn't backup your site at all.
To change the Admin user you should have created a new user, deleted the Admin user and assign all his posts to the new user you created. If you didn't want the Post by Admin to show in the frontend you should have created a "Child Theme" and remove reference to the "Post By Admin" in the child theme.

To be honest am not sure if there is a way for you to recover your posts back. Maybe you can contact your webhost to ask if they do keep backups if they do you should pray that they have the backups for the date you uninstalled WordPress.
Re: Help !!! How Do I Restore An Unbackedup Wordpress Blog by Jamieb(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
tubiz:

Jamie b sorry about the issue you had, too bad you didn't backup your site at all.
To change the Admin user you should have created a new user, deleted the Admin user and assign all his posts to the new user you created. If you didn't want the Post by Admin to show in the frontend you should have created a "Child Theme" and remove reference to the "Post By Admin" in the child theme.

To be honest am not sure if there is a way for you to recover your posts back. Maybe you can contact your webhost to ask if they do keep backups if they do you should pray that they have the backups for the date you uninstalled WordPress.
bro thanks for your encouragement

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Could Bring Unhappiness / Wordpress Framework / Do You Want To Promote Your Website/blog? Or Facebook Page?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.