Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms - Investment (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms (20855 Views)

Skye Bank Wins Bid To Acquire Mainstreet Bank For N120bn / Four Tricks For Sticking To Your Financial Resolutions / How To Verify Your Credit Card For Internet Banking And Online Transaction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by sonickay(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kgdavid:

listen up you! what are you saying?? is there any contract that does not have terms and conditions whether under that title or in the form of clauses stop spouting off your opinion as if it is fact. he was sent a contract, he read it didn't like it altered it and sent it back to them as a counter offer. is there a law against making modifications to contracts?? absolutely not! this is done a lot in the business world, the only thing he did that was out of the ordinary was not to notify them of his changes which he cannot be legally held responsible for as it remains their responsibility to read through every contract. they didnt read through because they assumed that no one would modify their contract but the fact remains that the modification was legal. fraudulent? yes, but legal as well? yes! thats what we call exploiting loopholes mister

regardless of whether the bank intended for the offer to be absolute, they made an offer, a counter offer was made and they signed off on it. thats all.
LIKED!!!
Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by sonickay(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
~ZN~:

Yes, agreed the oversight is a costly one but let us examine it from this point. . .

The bank sent out what would be an invitational offer (probably some promotional newsletter or so), this type of offer is clearly an adhesion contract.

The bank in this case would be justified in expecting that this application (if completed and signed by the receiver) be returned unadulterated, the invitational offer certainly didn't give him the right to modify the T&C and return it without bringing the modifications to the Bank's attention, it is a take it or leave it offer. It's not like he went to the firm and said to them "Hey, I need a new credit card, let's talk business".

The bank here on receiving a 'returned' application, processed and issues the man a credit card based on the 'initial offer' sent out, only to discover alterations had been made.

If you check closely, he scanned the application into his computer and digitally modified the application to make his 'imposed terms' appear as if it was the original conditions that came from the bank - this is a clear deceptive intent. Why didn't he put his own suggestions/terms in a separate document, or call the bank to discuss terms? I hope you follow?

English law is based on the 'meeting of minds' and 'clean hands', clearly their wasn't a meeting of the minds, and he cannot be seen to have clean hands as he didn't point out the changes.

But of course, I can't speak for the Russian legal system so we'll have to see how it goes.

obviously u can't speak for either d bank or d Russian legal system. It is advisable dat d bank withdraw d suit and settle wit dis man amicably to revoke d contract. D bank has its own legal department and corporate hand which signed d document. D aegis of d document sent to him unsigned is for him to agree d terms by appending his signature; he cud vary d terms as a counter-offer by stating in d original document or attaching his own terms while sending it bak to d bank for d bank to reconsider or reject d signed document... D bank can't be heard to non east factum- it is not my deed...by signing d counter-offer dey v agreed to d deal. D man shud increase his claim for substancial damages, dis wil serve as a deterent to corporations who tink deir customers r deir pets who wil readily dance to any tune dey blast.
Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by sonickay(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
~ZN~:

Yes, agreed the oversight is a costly one but let us examine it from this point. . .

The bank sent out what would be an invitational offer (probably some promotional newsletter or so), this type of offer is clearly an adhesion contract.

The bank in this case would be justified in expecting that this application (if completed and signed by the receiver) be returned unadulterated, the invitational offer certainly didn't give him the right to modify the T&C and return it without bringing the modifications to the Bank's attention, it is a take it or leave it offer. It's not like he went to the firm and said to them "Hey, I need a new credit card, let's talk business".

The bank here on receiving a 'returned' application, processed and issues the man a credit card based on the 'initial offer' sent out, only to discover alterations had been made.

If you check closely, he scanned the application into his computer and digitally modified the application to make his 'imposed terms' appear as if it was the original conditions that came from the bank - this is a clear deceptive intent. Why didn't he put his own suggestions/terms in a separate document, or call the bank to discuss terms? I hope you follow?

English law is based on the 'meeting of minds' and 'clean hands', clearly their wasn't a meeting of the minds, and he cannot be seen to have clean hands as he didn't point out the changes.

But of course, I can't speak for the Russian legal system so we'll have to see how it goes.

obviously u can't speak for either d bank or d Russian legal system. It is advisable dat d bank withdraw d suit and settle wit dis man amicably to revoke d contract. D bank has its own legal department and corporate hand which signed d document. D aegis of d document sent to him unsigned is for him to agree d terms by appending his signature; he cud vary d terms as a counter-offer by stating in d original document or attaching his own terms while sending it bak to d bank for d bank to reconsider or reject d signed document... D bank can't be heard to non east factum- it is not my deed...by signing d counter-offer dey v agreed to d deal. D man shud increase his claim for substancial damages, dis wil serve as a deterent to corporations who tink deir customers r deir pets who wil readily dance to any tune dey blast.
Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by sonickay(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
~ZN~:

Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by richjohn1(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
@sonickay
That's the point am making, settling outta court is d best option! The crook has nothing to lose but everthing's at stake for the financial house, the media damage alone can wreck them and this guy will be seen as a public hero!
Make dem call the guy go corner use egunje shut him mouth jare
Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by rchilee: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2013
The way pple accept terms and conditions without reading is so funny... undecided
Re: Man Who Created Own Credit Card Sues Bank For Not Sticking To Terms by Durchmann(m): 8:28am On Aug 20, 2013
m.esther96:
sharp guy,dts d type i wl mary
*praying*

Sorry!

Your folks will tell you to stay away from that "419" guy.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Confused On What Crypto coin to Invest In / Where Can I Invest 500,000 Naira / Oxford Group Of Companies Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.