Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Facebook's Scamming Trend. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook's Scamming Trend. (864 Views)

Warning Beware!!!!! Www.betcolonyafrica.com Is Scamming Innocent Nigerians Oooo / Stripping Self To Avoid Arrest In Nigeria - A New Trend / Lagos New Trend Of Traffic Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook's Scamming Trend. by nannyo(f): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
please lets take this seriously, so as to curb the scammers activities on FB. Alot has been happening in FB recently. let me share my few experiences. 1. I was chatting with a respected person only for him to ask me to send etisalat 2000 for him, claiming that he is not in a conducive place to buy. unfortunately for him my network was too slow so i logged off, but i found it unbelievable coming from him. 2. last week while chatting, someone asked me to get MTN 3000 for him to help a stranded friend, i checked his profile, he claims to be an oil worker, i laughed and asked how he intended to pay back. so i said i was not in the country at the moment. 3. I ve had atleast 3 different girls who are not my friends inboxing me claiming they checked my profile and that they want a serious relationship with. shocked i was like, are you for real? can't you see am your fellow woman. thanks for your time, now share your own Facebook experiences.
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by Gboliwe: 10:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
nanny o: please lets take this seriously, so as to curb the scammers activities on FB. Alot has been happening in FB recently. let me share my few experiences. 1. I was chatting with a respected person only for him to ask me to send etisalat 2000 for him, claiming that he is not in a conducive place to buy. unfortunately for him my network was too slow so i logged off, but i found it unbelievable coming from him. 2. last week while chatting, someone asked me to get MTN 3000 for him to help a stranded friend, i checked his profile, he claims to be an oil worker, i laughed and asked how he intended to pay back. so i said i was not in the country at the moment. 3. I ve had atleast 3 different girls who are not my friends inboxing me claiming they checked my profile and that they want a serious relationship with. shocked i was like, are you for real? can't you see am your fellow woman. thanks for your time, now share your own Facebook experiences.
this can only happen when you add random people up as friends. I have been using fbk for as long as I can remember and haven't encountered such. Except for some of of politicians- GEJ, Utomi, Ribadu etc, I know all my fbk friends personally. I know them to their roots so its near impossible to be told this kind of story to
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by majalisa(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2013
nanny o: please lets take this seriously, so as to curb the scammers activities on FB. Alot has been happening in FB recently. let me share my few experiences. 1. I was chatting with a respected person only for him to ask me to send etisalat 2000 for him, claiming that he is not in a conducive place to buy. unfortunately for him my network was too slow so i logged off, but i found it unbelievable coming from him. 2. last week while chatting, someone asked me to get MTN 3000 for him to help a stranded friend, i checked his profile, he claims to be an oil worker, i laughed and asked how he intended to pay back. so i said i was not in the country at the moment. 3. I ve had atleast 3 different girls who are not my friends inboxing me claiming they checked my profile and that they want a serious relationship with. shocked i was like, are you for real? can't you see am your fellow woman. thanks for your time, now share your own Facebook experiences.
if u consent to damage do not complain of injury..i accept friends or send my friend requests to people i know on face value...not Facebook value.
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by nannyo(f): 1:23am On Aug 10, 2013
my dear, i don't even send anyone friend request since i have more than
enough friends. [quote
author=Gboliwe]
this can only happen when you add random people up as friends. if you
read my number 1 experience, u will realised its someone i know very
well. nowadays people use pics of those you know to scam you. i have
been a fb old user too, i doubted and blame people just like you till i
experience it. since its spreading, yo will soon hear or even
experience it. anyway, thankGod i didn't fall for any of them.
[quote
author=Gboliwe]
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by nannyo(f): 1:44am On Aug 10, 2013
@majalisa, initially,
i was accepting and sending request on face value, but after a thousand
and one friends request i thought i should sociallike, afterall that's
what fb is meant for. nevertheless, i don't sociallize with even
quarter of them.
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by Gboliwe: 6:01am On Aug 10, 2013
nanny o: my dear, i don't even send anyone friend request since i have more than
enough friends.
you may not be inviting them, but you accept strange friend's request. You may also not have secured your account where every Dik and Harry can access you
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by Gboliwe: 6:03am On Aug 10, 2013
nanny o: @majalisa, initially,
quarter of them.
ehen na, that is what I am saying. Take sometime out, go through your friends list and prune out everybody you havent met physically, those you dont know, then secure your account. Goodluck
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by majalisa(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2013
quarter of them.
smart thing to do..wuld u accept me then on trust value..i wont bite
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by majalisa(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2013
quarter of them.
smart thing to do..wuld u accept me then on trust value?..i wont bite
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by nannyo(f): 12:43am On Aug 11, 2013
cheesy for all you know, we might be friends already on fb 8-)
majalisa: smart thing to do..wuld u accept me then on trust value?..i wont bite
Re: Facebook's Scamming Trend. by majalisa(m): 12:56am On Aug 11, 2013
nanny o: cheesy for all you know, we might be friends already on fb 8-)
I yield

(1) (Reply)

@Tpiah, Anybody knows why she Behaves The Way She Does? / My Unfair Ban At The Islam Section. / Sexkillz Must Go Complete Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.