Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. (4018 Views)

Husband Incurs Heavy Debt , Flees From Matrimonial Home / Man Catches Neighbour Having Sex With His Wife On His Matrimonial Bed In Lagos / Married Ladies->how Was Your First Day In Your Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
kzokul: So going to stay with your son for a while is a village mentality!

So there is now a difference between mother and siblings in a family?

Am through with this thread efe! You are the emotional and sentimental one here! Have a nice day!

Pls don't get it twisted.

There is a difference between going to visit for a short while and packing my mat, cooking pots, shower cap and slippers to go live permanently with them. You think I nor get self-respect? Why should I leave my own home to go boss my sons around, telling them how to run their marriages?

Is that how it works for you?

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by nat138: 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hi Op,
Just to bring another dimension to this. Since you are the oldest sibbling, I dont think you have much of a choice about where your sibblings will stay but with you. The youngest two are too young to stay on their own anyways.

Your 22 year old brother however has to take the bull by the horn and be a responsible adult. At least your father left you people a house. He has to be responsible enough to stay on his own.
The other dimension i want to bring to this is, how big is you people's family house and is it possible to rent it out so that that can be an extra source of income, which can assist your husband in taking care of your sibblings? If the house is in a university town, it will make sense to rent out the rooms individually and in that case you 22 year old brother can have a room to himself or if it isnt, you people can rent the whole house out and then get a self contained apartment for your brother while he is learning his trade and perfecting the art of it.

As other posters have already said, ensure your sibblings help around the houseand have the utmost respect for your hubby. It is not every man that will welcome more than one sibbling staying in his house at any given time. He has indeed done well.

All the best
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ efe! You know why I have been finding it hard to type long, cos am on mobile.

I have been on a business trip to one town like that in ekiti, meaning I hjave been on mobile for the past two days. Sorry I don't even have the time for this to and fro now, I will resurrect this thread when am back to lagos with facts. So sorry for that.

@ osisi aka babymama, you have forgotten when you and your co-travellers were advising a lady to throw out her husband's brother from the house that their marriage needs to be enjoyed and not endured. You went as far as telling the lady how your husband was being intimate with you in the sitting room, kitchen, store, toilet corridor because no one was staying with you and you hubby. I thought you will give this lady the same advise to also enjoy her marriage by also throwing out her own siblings. Abi, intimate inside kitchen, parlour, store don finish ni?

Mehn see y'all later, typing on a moblie fone with limited network na big stress ooooooooo.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
kzokul: @ efe! You know why I have been finding it hard to type long, cos am on mobile.

I have been on a business trip to one town like that in ekiti, meaning I hjave been on mobile for the past two days. Sorry I don't even have the time for this to and fro now, I will resurrect this thread when am back to lagos with facts. So sorry for that.

Mehn see y'all later, typing on a moblie fone with limited network na big stress ooooooooo.

grin grin grin

Apology graciously accepted.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by biolabee(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
@kzokul... u on a long thingggggggggggggggggg grin grin grin

Good debate
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
kzokul: @ efe! You know why I have been finding it hard to type long, cos am on mobile.

@ osisi aka babymama, you have forgotten when you and your co-travellers were advising a lady to throw out her husband's brother from the house that their marriage needs to be enjoyed and not endured. You went as far as telling the lady how your husband was being intimate with you in the sitting room, kitchen, store, toilet corridor because no one was staying with you and you hubby. I thought you will give this lady the same advise to also enjoy her marriage by also throwing out her own siblings. Abi, intimate inside kitchen, parlour, store don finish ni?

The reason I asked you to produce that thread is so we can read it in context
If I am not mistaken,isn't that the thread where a woman complained that her husbands brother who is older than she is lives with them,barges into their bedroom at odd hours,banging on closed doors and disrupting their mojo etc
Keep comparing oranges to bananas and looking for faults where there is none
If her siblings were being a nuisance you can bet your life I will have a different response
You obviously don't know me
And if you are unable to address me properly without the adjectives,don't address me anymore.
Just give your opinion on the topic and move on,that is how this place works and what everyone else had done up till the time you came in with your accusatory fingers and made yourself the focus of the thread.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
babyosisi:

The reason I asked you to produce that thread is so we can read it in context
If I am not mistaken,isn't that the thread where a woman complained that her husbands brother who is older than she is lives with them,barges into their bedroom at odd hours,banging on closed doors and disrupting their mojo etc
Keep comparing oranges to bananas and looking for faults where there is none
If her siblings were being a nuisance you can bet your life I will have a different response
You obviously don't know me
And if you are unable to address me properly without the adjectives,don't address me anymore.

shocked shocked shocked

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

Frustration get levels o! Or...hang on...is that elder brother none other than Mr Kzokul himself?? cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
Oh,you didn't see that thread?
Let me try to find it

The man was the hubby's younger bro but he was older than the wifey
Early morning when testosterone level dey at its peak and a man trying to incubate his wife,the stupid eediotic brother will be banging on the door to collect laundry and elephant blue detergent
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

shocked shocked shocked

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

Frustration get levels o! Or...hang on...is that elder brother none other than Mr Kzokul himself?? cheesy

grin grin grin
kai! Seriously efe! So you doubting me bah? Don't worry like I said earlier on, I will pop out atleast 3 threads of this issue whenever am out of mobile and all this 3 threads babyosisi carry them for head advising all this women to throw out their husband's siblings. I will gain nothing lying against her. They are some other women in those threads with her but why I can remember her vividly is cos she carry the protest against husband's siblings for head.

As for me being any person efe! Am too big to go and stay in anyone's house. Sorry to disappoint you abt that.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^ Remember no one cap fits all.

Differing situations posted here would elicit different responses from posters. Like Babyosisi said, it depends on the given context.

Same thing here.

babyosisi:
Early morning when testosterone level dey at its peak and a man trying to incubate his wife,the stupid eediotic brother will be banging on the door to collect laundry and elephant blue detergent

*** faints! *** grin grin grin
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 6:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
@ OP am very sorry for the derailment of this your wonderfull and inspiring thread. I just had to make references to some earlier threads because of their similarities and contradictory post of some posters that have posted in these threads. So sorry for the derailment once more.

However, I have just learnt that the wife's family are always subservient and should be allowed in a matrimonial home while the husband's family are always rude and arrogant and shouldn't be allowed into the matrimonial home.

Back to the topic! @ OP, please I undersatand your predicament you and with your siblings. Being orphans is very hard to cope with and you are like their mother. I will give you only one advise here. I plead with you, make it a point of duty that you make sure your brother that is 22 years goes to school. Sacrifice whatever you have to make sure he goes to the university. This will be the greatest legacy you can lay for your late parents. I know it is not easy, but at the end of it all you will not regret. Even if he wants to venture into business, he really needs to go to school atleast part-time. Please make sure he goes to school.

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by biolabee(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
Lol.. This guy..
Hahahahaha

Don't forget that wives have been known to introduce their conubines as family members
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Remember no one cap fits all.

Differing situations posted here would elicit different responses from posters. Like Babyosisi said, it depends on the given context.

Same thing here.

*** faints! *** grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1315583/no-privacy-own-house/2
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
kzokul: @ OP am very sorry for the derailment of this your wonderfull and inspiring thread. I just had to make references to some earlier threads because of their similarities and contradictory post of some posters that have posted in these threads. So sorry for the derailment once more.

However, I have just learnt that the wife's family are always subservient and should be allowed in a matrimonial home while the husband's family are always rude and arrogant and shouldn't be allowed into the matrimonial home.

Back to the topic! @ OP, please I undersatand your predicament you and with your siblings. Being orphans is very hard to cope with and you are like their mother. I will give you only one advise here. I plead with you, make it a point of duty that you make sure your brother that is 22 years goes to school. Sacrifice whatever you have to make sure he goes to the university. This will be the greatest legacy you can lay for your late parents. I know it is not easy, but at the end of it all you will not regret. Even if he wants to venture into business, he really needs to go to school atleast part-time. Please make sure he goes to school.

I'm getting tired of schooling you and helping you to understand the gist. I'll break it down for you. Maybe that'll be easier...

1. You started off by accusing the women on the family section of being hypocrites and that they only see fit their side of the family living in their matrimonial homes.

2. You've looked at it only from a short-sighted point of view. I've been gracious enough to give you the full picture, and to help you gain an insight into the minds of many women in the situation you painted. I've given you the reasons behind the perceived actions which your determined to hold against them.

3. You've turned things around, throwing tantrums and bringing in the mother-in-law into the picture. Who mentioned MILs here? The issue is about siblings, but no, you just love family feuds. Why stop at MIL? You should also bring in FILs too na.

4. Whether you care to admit it or not, fact is: Most times, it's the man's siblings who feel they have the upper hand against the wife as she's the new entrant into the picture, determined to do nothing but rock the boat.

5. You find it hard to believe that the liberty the man's family take without a care in the world, the woman's family wouldn't dream of doing. How many threads do we have opened up here where the woman's family complain about the man? It's usually the other way round, isn't it?

So, that's the bottom line gist here. It about attitudes, and NOT about which side of the family gets to stay or not stay in the matrimonial home.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
As far as its temporary and not a nuisance, help them out. They are still your blood
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
So, after you have finished typing this your bigger picture breakdown on and on again saying am short-sighted in this your explanations, the conclusion to your bigger picture explanations is that; the wife's family should be accepted in the matrimonial home while the huband's family should stay away.

Oya, type another breakdown of why the wife's family are more acceptable than the husbamd's family, am short-sighted like your insinuating so that I can understand wella.
Efemena_xy:

I'm getting tired of schooling you and helping you to understand the gist. I'll break it down for you. Maybe that'll be easier...

1. You started off by accusing the women on the family section of being hypocrites and that they only see fit their side of the family living in their matrimonial homes.

2. You've looked at it only from a short-sighted point of view. I've been gracious enough to give you the full picture, and to help you gain an insight into the minds of many women in the situation you painted. I've given you the reasons behind the perceived actions which your determined to hold against them.

3. You've turned things around, throwing tantrums and bringing in the mother-in-law into the picture. Who mentioned MILs here? The issue is about siblings, but no, you just love family feuds. Why stop at MIL? You should also bring in FILs too na.

4. Whether you care to admit it or not, fact is: Most times, it's the man's siblings who feel they have the upper hand against the wife as she's the new entrant into the picture, determined to do nothing but rock the boat.

5. You find it hard to believe that the liberty the man's family take without a care in the world, the woman's family wouldn't dream of doing. How many threads do we have opened up here where the woman's family complain about the man? It's usually the other way round, isn't it?

So, that's the bottom line gist here. It about attitudes, and NOT about which side of the family gets to stay or not stay in the matrimonial home.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^ Why the double posting? Once was enough.

If you see nothing wrong with your siblings being rude and disrespectful to your wife because "na my brother's house", then carry go. Don't complain if your wife kicks a fuss about it and makes the atmosphere in your home non-conducive.

Besides, I don't give a monkey's how you chose to run your home na! If you like get the entire family under your roof to live with you, including both sets of parents.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
The double posting is due to network in this town I am now.

Madam we no dey quarrel ooo. Simply my observations on the hypocrisy on some women.

Efemena_xy: ^^ Why the double posting? Once was enough.

If you see nothing wrong with your siblings being rude and disrespectful to your wife because "na my brother's house", then carry go. Don't complain if your wife kicks a fuss about it and makes the atmosphere in your home non-conducive.

Besides, I don't give a monkey's how you chose to run your home na! If you like get the entire family under your roof to live with you, including both sets of parents.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by tishat(f): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
You are now their mother,be that to them!
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
kzokul: The double posting is due to network in this town I am now.

Madam we no dey quarrel ooo. Simply my observations on the hypocrisy on some women.

Efe nor get time to quarrel with you on such a nonsensical matter.

Anyway, keep on observing women's hypocrisy. Do nothing to understand why it happens in the first place or the events that lead up to it.

Nothing do you.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Efe nor get time to quarrel with you on such a nonsensical matter.

Anyway, keep on observing women's hypocrisy. Do nothing to understand why it happens in the first place or the events that lead up to it.

Nothing do you.
hahahahahahahahahahah!

I get better things to do than to come they observe. Nairaland is my recreation ground were I come to read and have fun with ma spare times.

As idey open any thread, I read coments too. So opening another thread and reading different comments from some people on similar issues is just one of the things I stumble on when on my recreational time on nairaland.

Like I earlier said. Take it easy, we no dey quarrel.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by ellawify: 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hello wonderful people, u guys ar too much infact I'm so happy my action is nt bein condemned rather i am inspired d more! Like someone said i'm their mother n i cnt send dem away, besides d 17 yr old has been helpful to me dat i dnt need to employ a sales person in my shop n at home d youngest is dere ma 4year old daughter. I tink witout dem around i wil be needing d services of a maid n also sales person. So u can imagine d kind of relief dey ar givin me as well. Everytin seems to be in order until d arrival of d 22 yr old. But goin tru ur wonderful comments, my hope was restored n i believe in no distant time i wil hav more reasons to glorify God. All i av to do is to put in practice all ur wonderful advices as regards to ma brother. As for ma hussy, he is d best husband in d whole world, ma pillar, ma rock n ma iroko! Wat more can i say? God bless n keep u for me. I really love u!

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by EfemenaXY: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
^^ Awww...now this is the sort of stuff I love reading in the family section.

You are indeed blessed Ella.

It is well with you and your home smiley
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by biolabee(m): 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2013
good stuff, ella esp willin to learn
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Awww...now this is the sort of stuff I love reading in the family section.

You are indeed blessed Ella.

It is well with you and your home smiley

Me too... Goodluck Ella.

Keep note on all @cc's points.

It is well with you and your home.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 11, 2013
ok
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 4:21am On Aug 11, 2013
ellawify: Hello wonderful people, u guys ar too much infact I'm so happy my action is nt bein condemned rather i am inspired d more! Like someone said i'm their mother n i cnt send dem away, besides d 17 yr old has been helpful to me dat i dnt need to employ a sales person in my shop n at home d youngest is dere ma 4year old daughter. I tink witout dem around i wil be needing d services of a maid n also sales person. So u can imagine d kind of relief dey ar givin me as well. Everytin seems to be in order until d arrival of d 22 yr old. But goin tru ur wonderful comments, my hope was restored n i believe in no distant time i wil hav more reasons to glorify God. All i av to do is to put in practice all ur wonderful advices as regards to ma brother. As for ma hussy, he is d best husband in d whole world, ma pillar, ma rock n ma iroko! Wat more can i say? God bless n keep u for me. I really love u!

Great!!
I hope the young ones are in school after the Summer break.
That is a full house

You
Hubby
22 yr old brother
17 yr old
12 yr old
4 yr old

What a patient hubby you have
God bless him
Taiwo and Kehinde go soon land wink
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by kzokul(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Awwwwwww! So cute!

I hope in the next thread that a woman will come and complain about her husband siblings you will also bless them with taiwo and kehinde!

@ OP! I wish you the best of luck and success. Take care of your siblings oooooo, for you are now their mother!
babyosisi:

Great!!
That is a full house

You
Hubby
22 yr old brother
17 yr old
12 yr old
4 yr old

God bless him

1 Like

Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 11, 2013
babyosisi:

Great!!
That is a full house

You
Hubby
22 yr old brother
17 yr old
12 yr old
4 yr old

God bless him

Lol...some ppl actually like big family.
Re: Help! I'm Living Wit Ma Siblings In Ma Matrimonial Home. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2013
babyosisi: Oh,you didn't see that thread?
Let me try to find it

The man was the hubby's younger bro but he was older than the wifey
Early morning when testosterone level dey at its peak and a man trying to incubate his wife,the stupid eediotic brother will be banging on the door to collect laundry and elephant blue detergent.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
I had a good laugh this morning.
Disrespect of the highest order!
Bangingon the door for elephant blue detergent?
Hehehehehehehehehe
Mtchewwwwwwwwww

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel Like Killing My Baby And Myself / Do You Get Beatings From Your Parents? / Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program-migrate To Canada With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.