Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? (1153 Views)

Why Do Pentecostal Christians Shake Their Heads Vigorously While Praying? / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
I was in church today and while we said prayers, I had my eyes open. I noticed almost everyone praying with eyes closed so I am compelled to inquire what significance it has to praying. Also, is there any biblical reference as regards it? I'd appreciate meaningful comments. Thanx
Re: Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? by Godschild2(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
Well, I think its for concentration. When your eyes are closed it gets difficult for you to be distracted by whats ongoing in your surroundings, and it allows you focus more on the prayer point.

Lol! I remember when I still used to attend juvenile church, our teachers then do tell us to keep our eyes closed while praying cos if we don't, Angels would insert their fingers in our eyes & it may result in blindness gringrin But of course, nobody wants to go blind so we used to comply. Looking back now, I laugh at those days cos I know that's not true. grin

I know some people are okay with opening their eyes while praying, personally I prefer to close mine cos I can easily get carried away. Its a matter of choice, but let's remember that GOD requires 100% of our attention.

Mr BOUNTY! How your side nah? Happy Sunday!
Re: Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Gods-child:
Well, I think its for concentration. When your eyes are closed it gets difficult for you to be distracted by whats ongoing in your surroundings, and it allows you focus more on the prayer point.

Lol! I remember when I still used to attend juvenile church, our teachers then do tell us to keep our eyes closed while praying cos if we don't, Angels would insert their fingers in our eyes & it may result in blindness gringrin But of course, nobody wants to go blind so we used to comply. Looking back now, I laugh at those days cos I know that's not true. grin

I know some people are okay with opening their eyes while praying, personally I prefer to close mine cos I can easily get carried away. Its a matter of choice, but let's remember that GOD requires 100% of our attention.

Mr BOUNTY! How your side nah? Happy Sunday!
Gods Child. Nice piece, I have come across some preachers/pastors that insist on us closing the eyes. It looks more like it has a spiritual significance. Anyway, I don't mind them anymore oh. I shut my eyes when I want. How is life with you na? I miss you guys gan oh. Hope you're keeping tabs no psoto and others. Kind regards bro.
Re: Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? by Godschild2(m): 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
banttieman: Gods Child. Nice piece, I have come across some preachers/pastors that insist on us closing the eyes. It looks more like it has a spiritual significance. Anyway, I don't mind them anymore oh. I shut my eyes when I want. How is life with you na? I miss you guys gan oh. Hope you're keeping tabs no psoto and others. Kind regards bro.

Yeah bro, its a personal thing jare...I just dey noni oo. Mehn, na O-Y-O everybody dey oo. We miss you too bro! Hope you're getting prepared for november things? It is well...
Re: Christians: Why Do You Think You Need To Close Your Eyes While Praying? by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 13, 2013
Gods-child:

Yeah bro, its a personal thing jare...I just dey noni oo. Mehn, na O-Y-O everybody dey oo. We miss you too bro! Hope you're getting prepared for november things? It is well...
Sure bro. I'm gearing up big time. I'll check on you guys in C12 soon. Take care bro. One luv

(1) (Reply)

How To Prevent Fornication And Intimate Sin. / Kudos To Seun. / My Silent Tears;had I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.