Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver (20896 Views)

Presenter Flashes Serbian Prime Minister In Prank Interview / British Woman Arrested In Dubai For Having Sex In A Taxi / Norwegian Christian Terrorist Anders Breivik On Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by EKONGKING: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2013

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1245733_pm2_jpgabfd7cbf975a23310d82e828aa1090dc[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1245734_pm_jpg3088baf280a87fb2761d2a821e905a90[/img]

Norway PM Jens Stoltenberg works as secret taxi driver

Mr Stoltenberg said it was the first time he had driven for eight years

Norwegian PM Jens Stoltenberg spent an afternoon working incognito as a taxi driver in Oslo, he has revealed.

Mr Stoltenberg said he had wanted to hear from real Norwegian voters and that taxis were one of the few places where people shared their true views.

He wore sunglasses and an Oslo taxi driver's uniform for the shift in June, only revealing his identity once he was recognised by his passengers.

His exchanges with his passengers were captured on a hidden camera.

The footage - made in collaboration with an advertising company - has been posted on the prime minister's Facebook page and made into a film which will be used as part of his campaign for re-election in September.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I'm pretty well known in Oslo, but I tend to sit in the back seat”

Jens Stoltenberg
Prime minister
"It is important for me to hear what people really think," he told Norwegian media.

"And if there is one place people really say what they think about most things, it's in the taxi."

Driving errors
Some of the passengers who appear in the film had been told to wait for the taxi - without being told who would be driving - while others were picked up randomly and from taxi ranks.

Most of them appear to realise very quickly that there is something different about their driver, with one saying: "From this angle you really look like Stoltenberg."

Another says she was lucky to meet him as she "wanted to send a letter".

The conversation turns to politics in most cases.

Most of the passengers realise quickly there is more to the driver than meets the eye
Mr Stoltenberg engages one passenger on education, saying: "The main point is to make sure good students have something to stretch for, and to give those who struggle extra help."

None of the passengers was charged for the ride.

Mr Stoltenberg told the VG newspaper: "I'm pretty well known in Oslo, but I tend to sit in the back seat."

The Labour prime minister came in for criticism for his driving, at one point jolting the car abruptly when, he said, he mistakenly applied the brake pedal on the automatic car, thinking it was the clutch.

He said he had not driven in eight years.

Mr Stoltenberg is popular in Norway, but opinion polls suggest he is lagging behind the opposition ahead of the election.

But asked by VG whether he would consider becoming a taxi driver full time if he lost the election, Mr Stoltenberg replied: "I think the country and the Norwegian taxi passengers are best served if I'm the prime minister and not a taxi driver."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23655675

5 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by EKONGKING: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
Althought it appears as a political stunt. you have to admire at security of the country for the PM to pull it off

14 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by 190: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Xtana: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2013
Ok GEJ, get ready to drive your own taxi in Abuja

15 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
hmmmm...........very interesting; can this happen in Nigeria
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by mcevans1(m): 9:35am On Aug 12, 2013
GEJ must hear this grin
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by bloglover(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2013
Xtana: Ok GEJ, get ready to drive your own taxi in Abuja
I pray oooh..I pray hard, who no go recognize GEJ?

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by iamswizz(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2013
if na for naija.. Them go either:

1. Kidnap you
2. Kill you
3. Or say u dey do eye service undecided

5 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by mrmofasa(m): 9:36am On Aug 12, 2013
Just another way to know the word on the street.
#politicians

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by everyday: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2013
Which Nigerian public officer will be a taxi driver for just 1 hour.Nigerian politician are bloody thieves

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2013
If GEJ try am for naija we know the people wey go attempt to kill am. This reminds me of UAE where the president drives himself around abu dhabi alone without any security with his license plate well marked A.D 1.

7 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Swaginton(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2013
Damn I missed 'first to comment'...o well,beta luck next time

*topic
Obviously a political stunt bt it shows a glimpse of d agenda n vision he has for his people...still,jonathan should nt even try dis one...he might get lynched or sumtin
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by ProfessorPeter(m): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2013
Xtana: Ok GEJ, get ready to drive your own taxi in Abuja
impossi can
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Omobarca: 9:40am On Aug 12, 2013
..at least its better than distributing bags of rice to beg for votes.

3 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by tigonana: 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
:oAbeg iya nonso gve me rice wit ibanga soup mke I put dat 1 for my stomach.first. :oAbeg iya nonso gve me rice wit ibanga soup mke I put dat 1 for my stomach.first.
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by ChemicalMallam(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
I doubt if GEJ will have d courage to do such a thing..... Not only him but d whole of nigeria politicians.....

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by sambroose(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
Oga GEJ no go try am .......abi una wan kill am inside the taxi
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by DANILSA(m): 9:43am On Aug 12, 2013
ogakpatakpata: hmmmm...........very interesting; can this happen in Nigeria
Why must we copy them.

3 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Ijawboi(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerian president paddles canoe..
El rufai says the president is paddling for publicity

1 Like

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by MrAboki: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
If na Naija,

BREAKING NEWS:: Fashola works under-cover as Keke Napep rider in Lagos. Gets arrested and Manhandled by LASTMA for riding against Traffic and attempting to run away. - Channelsgrin

ACN/APC blame PDP for the attack on Gov. Fashola. Says LASTMA officers were agents of the PDP. - Sahara reporters

PDP denies the allegations and says Fashola should be taken to the Psychiatric Hospital for evaluation. Says the Law must take its course. - Punch

GEJ applauds LASTMA for its professionalism. Promises them better welfare package. grin - Nation

APGA says that the attack on Fashola is an attempted genocide on Ndi Igbos. - Daily Sun

Fashola flown abroad for treatment after being bailed from LASTMA police Station. - Tell

FRSC and Police declare Fashola wanted for riding an Okada without Riders Permit. - Newswatch

118 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by BedLam: 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
IN UNCLE RAUKUS VOICE......... I LOVE WHITE PEOPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Elsquidme(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2013
Lol! His Excellency, GEJ fit do am undecided or any african presido, i doubt!
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by slap1(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Naija politicians may try it, if only they can disguise their legendary pot-belly.

4 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by pepperchicken(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2013
Now....see why Nigerians will be sensitive..... Abi who no go recognise GEJ... Not to talk of Obasanjo..... Seeing an ugly Taxi Driver will surely catch ur attention and 4 someone like GEJ.... *smh*...*eats gala*

4 Likes

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by alaoeri: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2013
Looking forward for GEJ to replicate this.
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Janiobi(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2013
G.E.J taxi driver? abeg were my jazz day make I nack am. opportunity comes bt once..

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by BabaAlabi: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2013
Nice concept.....but who go lose the election go lose.
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Fazhy: 9:49am On Aug 12, 2013
White mennnnnnnn!

Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2013
Dis is fucking illarious.He wouldn't have been suffering dis way if he were a Nigerian politifian.
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2013
If GEJ becomes a taxi driver, then Nigerian should be ready to get quick ambulance and standard emergency kit.

Una go kill person for this country
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Elijaah: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerian politicians are all thiefs and full of blood all over their pams.. so they can't even try it.
Re: Norwegian Prime Minister Works As A Taxi Driver by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2013
One thing I've observed about leaders of 1st word countries is usually their down to earth nature...it might be politics at play though, but still can't wait to see when our leaders will be like that and not always expecting everyone of their followers to always kneel down and answer yes 'sah' to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Califonia Hits $2.7T GDP And Overtakes Britain As Fifth Largest Economy / Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis / Jacinda Ardern Gives Birth To Baby Girl (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.