Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis (20896 Views)

Ghana’s Parliament Passes Anti-Gay, LGBTQ Bill / Thailand Legalises Growing, Consumption Of Marijuana / Benin Republic Legalises Abortion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by References: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
This means the Ministry of Interior is mandated to issue licenses for the cultivation of cannabis thereby enabling the utilization of this plant for various beneficial applications.
The development comes after the Supreme Court impeded the passage of the law by striking out section 43 of the law as unconstitutional.

Section 43 of Act 1019 stipulates that the Minister on the recommendation of the Commission may grant a licence for the cultivation of cannabis popularly referred to as "wee" in Ghana, which is not more than 0.3 % THC content on a dry weight basis for industrial purposes for obtaining fibre or seed for medicinal purposes.

On Wednesday, July 12, 2023, Parliament has taken Narcotics Control Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2023, and the Bill is composed of a single clause when passed will empower the Minister to grant a license for the cultivation of cannabis in the country.

A report from the Committee on Defence and Interior said the object of the Bill is to amend the Narcotics Control Commission Act, 2020 (Act 1019). To empower the Minister to grant a license for the cultivation of cannabis which has not more than 0.3 percent THC content on a dry weight basis for industrial purposes for obtaining fiber or seed or medicinal purposes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.com.gh/news/local/parliament-passes-nacoc-bill-granting-licenses-for-wee-cultivation-in-ghana/lbzc0cb.amp

Actor, John Dumelo's reaction
I’m very excited Parliament has passed the Narcotics Control Commission Amendment Bill 2023, which seeks to decriminalize the cultivation of cannabis for medicinal and industrial purposes. This is a defining moment in Ghana’s history. As a farmer, adding the cultivation of cannabis to my portfolio for medicinal/ industrial purposes is definitely something I’m looking forward to. God bless Ghana. πŸ™πŸΏ #idey4u

https://twitter.com/johndumelo/status/1679512565385142273?t=Vpltq3480prp2b8IF3u7-A&s=19

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by TemplarLandry: 5:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good one. Herbs like Marihuana, Cabbage, Scent Leaf etc. are good if put to good use. Herbs must be used moderately. Elohim created them all for us.

#StopAbusingCannabis

I dedicate β€œEveryday” by Wizkid to all patriots. Great jam!

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Ihateheadslamer: 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
tongue

Yet Nigeria that is even ruled by a Drug Kingpin is forming Holy Holy!

Legalize it, no one can be the Most High afterall! tongue

98 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Onucs(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
This Ghana people sha. Eye drop go soon expensive

As for Naija, I dey sure say Jagaban go do the needful grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Ureva(m): 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
It's 2023, Africa should wake up

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by taylor89(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2023
Dont expect Tinubu to legalize cannabis

If na Cocaine he will legalize it immediately

Narcotic President Select

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by TheBillyonaire: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2023
I will like to invest in Cannabis Farming in Ghana, any Ghanian reading this, should respond so we can partner for purchase of hectars of farmland to grow this plant. It is an amazing plant. Nigeria Government should learn from Ghana otherwise we will go and invest in Ghana.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by inoki247: 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2023
Good mak I come go use My land for HO Start Weed Farming. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by correctguy101(m): 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
I will like to invest in Cannabis Farming in Ghana, any Ghanian reading this, should respond so we can partner for purchase of hectars of farmland to grow this plant. It is an amazing plant. Nigeria Government should learn from Ghana otherwise we will go and invest in Ghana.

With Lord Tinubu on seat, it'll be a reality...

Believe me

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by GanagiBitrus: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Make we think am well o. Most times, Copy & Paste no dey work for Naija.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by gbaskiboy: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
I see handful of Ghanaian roaming the streets. Am not a prophet nor son of a prophet, don't ask how!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by crossfm: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Hehehe.

I see a lot of Nigerians relocating to Ghana,this I have seen grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Science students in joyous mood right now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by tamdun: 5:57pm On Jul 14, 2023
Not bad, just don't abuse it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by ImDStar: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
Nigerian leaders are asking the poor to sacrifice and endure hardship with 8k Naira stipend, while the same leaders increases their salary 114% and budget 70billion for it's super rich law makers.

Animals in Human form.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
Marwa won't think that way

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by INTEGRITYA1(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2023
Okay
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by shortgun(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
...and Nigeria is wasting a good opportunity to earn foreign exchange.

This is why we need innovative and Creative leadership not analogue brainless people that just want to plunder the nation's treasury.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by ernesco0816517(m): 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
Those pot bellies in our national assembly don't even know what they are doing,they are just after their pockets .

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by forerunner022(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
All roads leads to Ghana

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Nanyahmusic: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
shocked

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by ttobizz(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
Trail blazers! We'll only follow from behind with our kind of leaders
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by StonedLex(m): 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2023
***Puffs joint***

One country at a time.
Although, I don't see this happening in Nigeria soon.
I can't believe I'm living in a country where alcohol and cigarettes are legal while cannabis is illegal. That's really awkward. cry

***Puffs joint***

I heard you could get high on the moon and never come down.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by mariovito(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
Akwaaba Chale.

Medical mariwana now available in +233.

My ECOWAS passport should grant me right of ingress into the beloved Coast of Gold aka land of the Black star.

Bless up mi Ghanaian bredrin.

Post Scriptum.

Let the whole world mobilize all their weapons and armaments (conventional, nuclear and emp) against the plant, the plant keeps winning.

Ha n'egbu achara, achara an'eto.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by iHateFraudsters: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2023
Chai, hyper rugged.

If Tinubu does this, he'll not need to campaign for elections again.

I will personally campaign for him, even though I hate him.

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by phemmyfour: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
In 9ice voice.....

Give me the ganja
Pass me the lighter
Quickly roll up the rizzler,
let the smoke pump
Let the smoke pump ina ear

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Sirchiboy: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Any evil forces withholding your blessing this weekend.
Holy ghost fire.

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Marwa won't think that way
Why should he think that way , like he said we weed out of frustration not enjoyment, although both are same but one don't go commit violent crime .. anyway most Lagosian weed sha .

1 Like

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by TheBillyonaire: 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
correctguy101:

With Lord Tinubu on seat, it'll be a reality...

Believe me

I will be super excited if Tinubu legalizes Cannabis, I have hectars of uncultivated land and can put them to use to monetize the Cannabidiol sector.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by mariovito(m): 6:03pm On Jul 14, 2023
Literally blazing the trail.

ttobizz:
Trail blazers! We'll only follow from behind with our kind of leaders
Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
Igbo bunk loading...

On kolos on kolos on kolos on kolos on kolos
on kolos on kolos on kolos on kolos on kolos

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Parliament Legalises Cultivation Of Cannabis by kenbee(f): 6:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
But not the use of it is legalised

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mugabe Rules Out Retirement At 93 - I Have No Acceptable Successor / Jacinda Ardern Gives Birth To Baby Girl (Photos) / Israel-Palestine War: Lagos Suspends Airlifting Of Pilgrims. Brings Back 310

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.