Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! (1971 Views)

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London / Barrack Obama's Grandmother Does A Victory Dance In Kenya(see Pics And Video) / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2008
At this point in the game you are stuck with Hillary. Anybody but Hillary, will further divide the party. And you risk losing a landslide victory to Mcain in the Battle ground states. Especially Florida and Ohio.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SeanT21(f): 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2008
If Conoleza Rice wasnt a republican, i would have love to see her and Obama in office.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:15am On Jun 04, 2008
SeanT21:

If Conoleza Rice wasnt a republican, i would have love to see her and Obama in office.

If condoleeza and obama runs on the same ticket, that's a guaranteed general election loss. no where in the south will they vote for black/black ticket. Obama needs Hillary to heal the party and invites independence like me.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:16am On Jun 04, 2008
people should stop saying this.
He doesn't need her at all.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by jgirl3: 12:19am On Jun 04, 2008
The truth is that Obama/Hilary is double wahala cos sexists and racists will come together to go republican. God knows we don't want that old papa ruining America further.

If Obama wants to win however, he needs someone strong like Clinton to be by his side. Edwards is also kind of good but he does not have as much passion as Clinton. They need Passion to win that election.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by MallamMusa: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2008
Obama no need clinton for anything abeg. all this noise about clinton go end before the week runs over and she'll be forgotten like others.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:30am On Jun 04, 2008
MallamMusa:

Obama no need clinton for anything abeg. all this noise about clinton go end before the week runs over and she'll be forgotten like others.

Nobody votes for vice presidents. But with Clinton on the ticket she can help with the women and blue collars votes. Obama can can fight for independence votes and win some republicans from McCain.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:32am On Jun 04, 2008
j-girl:

The truth is that Obama/Hilary is double wahala because sexists and racists will come together to go republican. God knows we don't want that old papa ruining America further.

If Obama wants to win however, he needs someone strong like Clinton to be by his side. Edwards is also kind of good but he does not have as much passion as Clinton. They need Passion to win that election.

The best alternative to Hillary is Jim Web of Virginia. But as divided as the party is now, Obama needs Hillary to solidify the base. No one wins the presidency with divided party.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by jgirl3: 12:38am On Jun 04, 2008
Sweet T:

The best alternative to Hillary is Jim Web of Virginia. But as divided as the party is now, Obama needs Hillary to solidify the base. No one wins the presidency with divided party.
Exactly - I don't even see any other VP but Clinton. They'll bring about a lot of change and I really hope they are compatible and they win.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:38am On Jun 04, 2008
He doesn't need her.
All she needs to do is throw her support for him and the party as she has promised to do if he wins.
That's all that's required.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by MallamMusa: 12:40am On Jun 04, 2008
Barack hints on picking Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas as his running mate.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:40am On Jun 04, 2008
j-girl:

Exactly - I don't even see any other VP but Clinton. They'll bring about a lot of change and I really hope they are compatible and they win.

a while ago many didn't see any other democratic flagbearer but Clinton or Edwards.
How things change.
There are many other able bodied folks than her.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:42am On Jun 04, 2008
there's already too much bad blood between them 2 and it'll show
right now her delegates are crossing over to him
and she's still there.
The woman is a winch.
after all she's said,he'll be a fool to pick her.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:43am On Jun 04, 2008
sheniqua:

a while ago many didn't see any other democratic flagbearer but Clinton or Edwards.
How things change.
There are many other able bodied folks than her.

I've always thot Obama was a serious candidate ever since he announced. I thot Hillary will be tough to beat but not impossible. I knew Obama would fight hard ever since he gave that speech at Democratic convention in Colorado in 2004.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:44am On Jun 04, 2008
sheniqua:

there's already too much bad blood between them 2 and it'll show
right now her delegates are crossing over to him
and she's still there.
The woman is a winch.
after all she's said,he'll be a fool to pick her.

There is always bad blood in politics. it will go away soon.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:44am On Jun 04, 2008
BTW he needs just 6 more delegates.
History is being made before our eyes y'all
I need to order pizza and toast to this historic ocassion
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:46am On Jun 04, 2008
sheniqua:

BTW he needs just 6 more delegates.
History is being made before our eyes y'all
I need to order pizza and toast to this historic ocassion

I see someone getting fat. @ss will be like whoaa !! grin cheesy
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:47am On Jun 04, 2008
Sweet T:

I've always thot Obama was a serious candidate ever since he announced. I thot Hillary will be tough to beat but not impossible. I knew Obama would fight hard ever since he gave that speech at Democratic convention in Colorado in 2004.

me too.
But many people black and white gave him no chance
wrote him off even before he announced his candidacy or raised a dollar
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by jgirl3: 12:48am On Jun 04, 2008
I want pizza too sad sad sad sad sad sad
this will be even better if he wins against McCain. That's another battle he'll have to fight.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:48am On Jun 04, 2008
Sweet T:

I see someone getting fat. @ss will be like whoaa !! grin cheesy

ROFL
if that'll catapult obama into the white house,so be it.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 12:48am On Jun 04, 2008
sheniqua:

me too.
But many people black and white gave him no chance
wrote him off even before he announced his candidacy or raised a dollar

Obama has broken almost every record in American political history. he raised more money by far than anyone, he won more new comers votes than any one.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:51am On Jun 04, 2008
Sweet T:

Obama has broken almost every record in American political history. he raised more money by far than anyone, he won more new comers votes than any one.

I told my oga that I'll get a giant Obama for president poster on my frontlawn when the battle begins.
I'll take a day off and carry a placard on street corners on election day.
I hope all these Republicans in my neighborhood don't burn down our home
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by MallamMusa: 12:55am On Jun 04, 2008

He may also fail like no one. Is it true that he is gay?
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:57am On Jun 04, 2008
MallamMusa:

He may also fail like no one. Is it true that he is gay?

Is it true that you are an idiot?
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by MallamMusa: 12:59am On Jun 04, 2008
I just asked a question, haba. Is obama your sugar daddy this one you dey defendam like this. O ma seo!
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by sheniqua: 12:59am On Jun 04, 2008
I love the guy lipsrsealed
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by MallamMusa: 1:13am On Jun 04, 2008
Okay, but you for try my love now wey dey nearer to you. Obamas wife na winchoo. she go pour you hot water. You don see her dey laugh before?
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by Novacaine(m): 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2008
There are no permanent friends or enemies in politics only permanent interests so who says Clinton cant run with Obama
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by Radiant(f): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2008
What we saw until now was just a show. The real politics has just begun!

So happy for Obama though I don't know him from any stone. cheesy
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by omoovie(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2008
Obama doesn't need Hillary. Everybody is dancing around Hillary like this is some election that she had in the bag that was unjustly snatched from her. This is not about a candidate's ego (because that's what pundits, the media and co are catering to), this is about a whole nation. Obama should not be coerced into making Hillary his VP because between her backyard tactics, her unnecessary obstinacy, her continuation of unsightly foreign policies, her humongous ego, her belief that she should have won this campaign without trying and her ardent love and respect for McCain Obama's 1st term in the white house (please father let it not be his last) would be constantly derailed from what he has worked so hard to get people to recognize - change is needed in the white house. He can easily get someone else to be his VP and bring the so-called "blue-collar workers" and women voting on sexist lines to join his campaign and win the election. Personally, I'd rather see Edwards, Bill Richardson or another woman take that spot. I'm even hearing now that W is saying Barack should take Hillary as his VP. What nonsense? The republicans just want to use this term as a, "oh let's have d democrats take over for a year and make sure they are so riddled with problems and lack of cohesion that they appear incompetent then our time will be here again"! E no go work oh! E no go work! Obama 4 president!
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by Lady2(f): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2008
Rubbish, that man does not need that woman to win.
If he picks her he might even loose. If he picks her, he shows weakness, especially since she's pressuring him.
She has also pissed off a lot of people, even those who were for her. There was a big rush from her superdelegates to Obama last night and this morning. She offended a lot of people with her speech last night. She is lacks tact and is selfish. If she is on the ticket, she will drag him down, if she doesn't, Bill will.

Not only does Obama need to win, he also needs to govern. You can't have two Alphas in the same house. I don't trust Hillary too, she has no respect for anyone especially Obama. She has shown that, definitely last night with that speech that she gave.

In the end he doesn't need her.

To against McCain, even though he's a real good leader, he will chew McCain raw. McCain spoke last night and it looked like all the people had ditched him to go to Minnesota to listen to Obama. All I heard were crickets when he spoke. He tried to deliver a heavy blow to Obama, but failed to deliver and was heavily criticised for it by the press, the democrats and even the republicans. He has challenged Obama to a once a week town hall meeting for 10 weeks. I say big mistake. Obama will definitely finish him off. Obama can call you a fool and still make you think he's your best friend. That man is a powerful speech giver. McCain will be drowning if he faces Obama in a debate.
Re: Barrack Obama, Please Pick Hillary If You Want To Win ! by SweetT1: 10:24pm On Jun 04, 2008
~Lady~:

Rubbish, that man does not need that woman to win.
If he picks her he might even loose. If he picks her, he shows weakness, especially since she's pressuring him.
She has also pissed off a lot of people, even those who were for her. There was a big rush from her superdelegates to Obama last night and this morning. She offended a lot of people with her speech last night. She is lacks tact and is selfish. If she is on the ticket, she will drag him down, if she doesn't, Bill will.

Even though that speech she gave last night was bad, It's obvious you have no idea about electoral college. Hillary has emerged as a very strong ex candidate in the swing states. Obama can win a lot of votes but without the electoral college he will just be another Al gore scenario. Hillary can help Obama win the swing states like Pennsylvania, Ohio, W. Virginia, New Hampshire, Florida and even a southern state like Arkansas because she is from there. These swing states has a lot of senior citizens and blue collar workers that massively voted for Hillary. Obama needs someone that can wrestle the senior citizens and retirees votes from John McCain. And Hillary is the only that can do that right now. No Democrats can get elected to the white house without carrying Ohio, Florida or Pennsylvania. There is no way Hillary can be on the ticket and they lose Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. No way. As much as she and Bill annoyed me, i think she has a good case to being a VP.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump Wins Republican Nomination As Last Major Opponent Drops Out / South Africa Gautrain Opens Johannesburg-pretoria Route / Republican Vs Democratic! Who Wins?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.