Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit (19470 Views)

Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic / Bright Explosion On Moon Visible From Earth, NASA Says / Cosmic Rays Entering Earth From Mars 2nite.pls Switch Off Ur Fone Tonight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Horus(m): 11:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
minc: I know I'm banned on this forum, that's ok. But some people would still get to read this.
This satellite of a thing must be demobilised cos at high resolution, it is being used to track ordinary nigerians. The reason I do not know but it's continuous existence is a massive invasion of privacy.

How it is being used to track ordinary nigerians?. Can you explain?
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by COOLDUN: 11:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
These midwives in these pictures built or coupled the satellite? How has this satellite helped in the Nigeria economy? Our network service is the worst in the world.

Even North Korea who doesn’t use computers are enjoying the best network than the Nigerians. This is not only an elephant project but the WHALE project. Satellite town ko, Alakija ni.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by ogb5(m): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
Horus:

Did you try the National Space Research & Development Agency website?

I did then. They said procurement of their data is contracted to one company for those in Nigeria and contracted to another company for those outside Nigeria. I search and search only got non functional contact details.

I like to buy seasonal tidal maps of some locations within Nigeria. If anyone has functional contact details of these folks, kindly share it.
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2013
sheyie2007: your dad could have just used a condom sad
LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!
NAIRALANDERS!!! U GUYS R HILARIOUSSS ABEGGG!!!
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:11am On Aug 13, 2013
ProminentStar: all I asked for was ur help and since u couldn't do that u should have kept mute.
LMAO! dude are u serious
no freakn way!!! grin grin U GUYS WIL NOT KEE US OO!
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:13am On Aug 13, 2013
ajetunde:
LMAOOOOOOO! grin grin grin
PLZ AM EATING OOO! I CNT TAKE DIS ANYLONGER!
*LOGS OUT*
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Nobody: 12:20am On Aug 13, 2013
Sagytarius°:
Why use satellite to collect date when Calenders full for market?
Even my nokia touch knows the time and date even without mtn network.
Make I hear word o jare.
Satelite ko. Dish ni.

PS. I nor read that long article sha. So nor crucify me. cheesy
were your brain dey undecided
Sagytarius°:
Make I hear word o jare.
Satelite ko. Dish ni.

were your brain dey
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2013
ProminentStar: I just joined nairaland. please how do I comment on threads?
and you comment undecided
and you comment
which planet you comot from?
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by nduchucks: 12:27am On Aug 13, 2013
ProminentStar: all I asked for was ur help and since u couldn't do that u should have kept mute.

I apologize on behalf of the moral majority of nairalanders. I believe if you are a new registrant, it may take a day or so before you can create your own thread.

The fools who responded to your question with rudeness are too dumb to use their peanut brains to know that you were not asking about how to post on a thread. Ka yi ankuri. Welcome aboard smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I apologize on behalf of the moral majority of nairalanders. I believe if you are a new registrant, it may take a day or so before you can create your own thread.

The fools who responded to your question with rudeness are too dumb to use their peanut brains to know that you were not asking about how to post on a thread. Ka yi ankuri. Welcome aboard smiley
WAWA INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (WIC)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by babsomotde(m): 1:08am On Aug 13, 2013
Nigeria things never cease to amaze me. Sey na this China toy we these chinese guys build for us dey freak them? When we Nigeria build one from scratch made by Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Revolva(m): 2:24am On Aug 13, 2013
nigeria get satelite again where we dey use 2,645 mega watts..where the satelite dey where dem park am she ma for mma2 or where
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by denzel2009: 3:09am On Aug 13, 2013
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Supergenius(m): 5:40am On Aug 13, 2013
so you can comment and even quote
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by onegig(m): 7:34am On Aug 13, 2013
The ignorance that reels from this thread shows the alarming learned but illiterate scores of youth we have in nigeria. No wonder some youths can not even differentiate between north or south and where the sun rises from.
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by jaybossYBNL(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2013
Sagytarius°:
Make I hear word o jare.
Satelite ko. Dish ni.

guy its Data not date, try to read a thread before commenting hun
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by joe4christ(m): 8:14am On Aug 13, 2013
The first page of this thread is the most dumbest of all comments i've ever read on nairaland, it baffles me if this is the average mentality of Nigerian youth, i fear for the future of this nation with bunch of youths like this, having difficulties in comprehending simple things and lazy is reading a simple thread.
God save us!
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Dbeliever(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2013
This is highly commendable.
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2013
kayoday:
Detect , monitor what?
Let stop deceiving ourselves as a nation and face the basic things required to move us forward. Must we do follow follow just to retain the name Giant of africa.
I bet u know its working for other countries and it can still work in our own country Nigeria? No be everythin government must do. If we knw d ryt tin, watz stopping us from doing it?? This satelites can be employed gainfully d way oda countries do. How did u think some of this nuclear program ar being monitored? Everythin on earth emits a particular heat energy, and obvious changes ar monitored using this satellites

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
ogb5:

I did then. They said procurement of their data is contracted to one company for those in Nigeria and contracted to another company for those outside Nigeria.

I like to buy seasonal tidal maps of some locations within Nigeria. If anyone has functional contact details of these folks, kindly share it.
Have u tried National Centre for Remote Sensing Jos? I think they can help u with that.

All those complaining about us having satelite and we pay more for browsing abeg NigComSat1 got missing in space (Run out of power) a year afta it was launched, we got a replacement from china for free in 2011 though.
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by callmenow: 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
A question of integrity. Is Nigeria a sovereign nation or a colony? Of course we are notionally a REPUBLIC for fifty years now. However, we behave and transact as a colonial dependent. Nigeria currently enjoys a $450 Billion economy. Why accept an aid which is not really an aid. The G8 (Western Countries) gives Nigeria less than $1 Billion each year in 'aid', yet they expect Nigeria to roll over and accept their bitter sideswipes. The aid is not really cash, but obligated aid, such as British council sending technical experts and paying them from this 'aid'. US sending over CIA operatives as technical 'experts' to spy on Nigeria's activities and their policies. The EU sending over their capacity planners for impact assessments. The UK Daily Mail is wrong to suggest that their country is sustaining Nigeria. It is a mutual thing. It burnishes UK's image as a nation punching above their weight. Yet Nigeria sovereign wealth fund and Foreign Reserve is invested with them, and the interest amounting to over $5 Billion is retained as well as the taxes we pay them. The Daily Mail is either ill-informed or mischievious.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by ddeola: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
And what are they doing with the data ?
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by write2obi(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
grin

Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by udohhoney: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
abeg go jare! Why una know use the satelite catch shekarau and co. Besides immediately we launched that satelite internet services became more expensive. Sometimes i feel it is better not to know anything going on in this country but she still remain my country
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Tocheagle(m): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
just say ur comment by mouth and it will appear or you can post it through nipost :-)
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Tocheagle(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
fr3do: A satellite going out of orbit is very dangerous,even more dangerous than a meteor of its size.insufficient orbit velocity i guess.
V < [gr]^1/2
maybe nepa take lite for space na im make am go out of orbit. They should as well launch an "i beta pass my neighbour" for backup
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by centmajin: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2013
 ●►THE NEWEST MUSIC VIEW N0W @ www.nairafwaves.Tk

●►THE LATEST APPZ N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO MOD UR 2GO www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO M0D 0PERA MINI N0W www.nairawaves.Tk

●►LATEST MUSIC N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►500 HACKED 2GO PASSWORDS N0W @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO DEFACE A WAPSITE @ www.nairawaves.Tk

●►HOW TO MAKE C00L CASH NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►C00L APPLICATIONS NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►HOW TO GET FREE AIRTIME/RECHARGE CARD NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk●►ADVERTISE YOUR SITE WITH US NOW @ www.nairawaves.Tk
Re: Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit by Horus(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2013

Aerial view of Eko Atlantic under construction (satellite picture)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat Facebook,twitter,whatsapp,social Network Subscription Codes / Daughter's iPad Charger Explodes As Father Tries To Unplug It / Amazing Six-Legged Robot Expertly Skis Down A Slope In China (Video & Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.