Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents (648 Views)

How To Live With a contentious woman / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? / Learn To Live With This: Men Owns Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
so am working but trust our naija culture where if you work in the city your parents reside you still live in your parents house till you marry grin as a lady....my question.....how do you help financially around the house without hurting popsi's ego
Re: How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Just do what you think is to be done.

If the house needs painting, get a painter and purchase the paint.

You can help in house rent, buy food stocks etc

Just use your six sense.

kiss

Good thing you are helping out.

Btw, am first to comment, always meet some threads in their seventh page. Is God not wonderful.
How I love Mondays!
Re: How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
Well I live with my parents sometimes and when maybe like morning fresh has finished,ill buy a pack,when foodstuffs like yam,palmoil,groundnut oil,onions,garri etc finishes,I stock it whether or not they are around.when fuel finishes,I fuel the gen and the cars so I don't hurt anybody and my parents are cool with it.infact wen gen finishes in the house,mumsi will be like shewa fuel has finished,come and buy fuel for us.when my dad is going out to I ask respectfully daddy should I buy fuel for your car when you come back sir,and he will be like no problem.there is nothing like ego.none of my parents are suffering for that,they will say its their right
Re: How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Chillisauce: Just do what you think is to be done.

If the house needs painting, get a painter and purchase the paint.

You can help in house rent, buy food stocks etc

Just use your six sense.

kiss

Good thing you are helping out.

Btw, am first to comment, always meet some threads in their seventh page. Is God not wonderful.
How I love Mondays!
hehehe...yes first to comment lets thank the lord!...lol

usually do small stuffz around like buying washing soaps...some food items...the last time i painted some rooms...i had to lie that i stained the walls thats why i painted it and he gave me my money back i refused to collect it but he insisted with vex sef!..am guessing could it be that cos am female or something........omo me sef confuse...but thankss
Re: How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
kulyie: Well I live with my parents sometimes and when maybe like morning fresh has finished,ill buy a pack,when foodstuffs like yam,palmoil,groundnut oil,onions,garri etc finishes,I stock it whether or not they are around.when fuel finishes,I fuel the gen and the cars so I don't hurt anybody and my parents are cool with it.infact wen gen finishes in the house,mumsi will be like shewa fuel has finished,come and buy fuel for us.when my dad is going out to I ask respectfully daddy should I buy fuel for your car when you come back sir,and he will be like no problem.there is nothing like ego.none of my parents are suffering for that,they will say its their right

thats a good one.....my dad will NEVER let me buy fuel for him.....anyway not that i earn much like that to make it an every week thing for now
...the confusing thing is he complains we dont do much behind our back (which me n sis do but he never notices when he does he gives me back the money...i have to lie and tell him that it was his change i kept sometime ago......*rollz eyez*....like seriously)..but i keep doing them but always have to lie to cover it up..and yes i do them respectfully and i love my parents like to bits
maybe cos am the first child and he is just not
used to it.
Re: How Do You Help Around The House As A Lady Working But Live With Your Parents by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2013
Then explain to him you don't earn much and tell him to use love to accept it that you will do much more when you earn better than this that he should just pray for you so that you will help them better
metamorphus11:

thats a good one.....my dad will NEVER let me buy fuel for him.....anyway not that i earn much like that to make it an every week thing for now
...the confusing thing is he complains we dont do much behind our back (which me n sis do but he never notices when he does he gives me back the money...i have to lie and tell him that it was his change i kept sometime ago......*rollz eyez*....like seriously)..but i keep doing them but always have to lie to cover it up..and yes i do them respectfully and i love my parents like to bits
maybe cos am the first child and he is just not
used to it.

(1) (Reply)

Qhse/hse Advisors / How To Remove Sticker From Shirts / Pre-marital Sex Immoral, No Religion Permits It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.