Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,063 members, 7,838,698 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Clinton For Vp? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clinton For Vp? (747 Views)

''MERE COMMISSIONER'': NEW APPELATION FOR VP OSINBAJO with photo evidence / Famous Rapper, Jarule Has Endorsed Hilary Clinton For President 2016 / 2015: Buhari, APC Woo Okorocha For VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clinton For Vp? by Piddo(m): 9:34am On Jun 04, 2008
Asking Clinton to be his VP will be the greatest mistake Obama will ever make. She (Clinton) has shown herself to be a fiercely ambtious woman not just during these past elections but since her time as first lady. Imagine her refusing to concede defeat or congratulate Obama even though she had clearly lost the race. A Clinton VP means if anything happens to the President, she takes over. Yes, she would lend serious weight to the general elections and if Obama succeeeds in becoming President, I wouldnt rule out a grand conspiracy to "eliminate" him and pave way for Clinton to become President.
Re: Clinton For Vp? by jesusfreak(f): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2008
@ question.----------hell -to -the -NO grin

i admire Hillary and i think she's a strong woman who has inspired many american women to believe that they can reach the highest post in goverenment (borrowed from Mc'cain's speech of course grin)

but her denial of the truth is sthg i dotn appreciate, Obama even promised to meet with her in place and time of her choice wen he wins, and indeed he has won! so we await the meeting. However, i dont think Obama will offer her the VP post, as a matter of fact, he will not even mention the possibility to her.

She's a strong woman and has stood the test of time however, her strenght is being tested and if she doesnt swallow her pride and congratulate Obama as the Democratic Nominee, she will be counted a failure in all aspects.
Re: Clinton For Vp? by chiegemba(f): 10:07am On Jun 04, 2008
Personal Opinion. . . I think dey would never come 2 an agreement on an issue. . . besides d media would have a fun-filled time keepin us posted with all d happenins . . . grin But i really do hope that it works out though. . . who knows wink
Re: Clinton For Vp? by Jakumo(m): 10:28am On Jun 04, 2008
The pairing of America's first black president with America's first female vice president would tell the world that the old school-tie domination of high political office by white males has become a relic of a bygone era of US history,  which has  now  been replaced by a time of genuine hope for change, thanks to the astonishing emergence of President-to-be Obama.

Holywood's script writers could not have dreamt up a more improbable plot than what is currently developing in America today- where the son of an African immigrant is only a few more heart-beats away from becoming the most powerful man on planet earth.  What an incredible time of epic change it is that we live today, and how lucky it is I feel to be alive while this glorious storm of political change sweeps my beloved America from coast to coast.

[size=18pt]OBAMA ,  YEAH ![/size]
Re: Clinton For Vp? by lucabrasi(m): 3:03pm On Jun 04, 2008
it sounds all well nd good both of them working together on a joint ticket,but hillary clinton's clout and personality will overshadow obama's, there are several other appointments she can fit in ,in obama's cabinet and they r both working for same thing and they dont have do or die politics like we have in nigeria,but the old school brigade is still a clear and present danger as obama's task now is not find a way of convincing the clinton supporters to line up bhind him which ll be hard

(1) (Reply)

Where Will The Hike In Gas Prices Stop And What Do We Do / Alao Akala: Go Create Jobs! / Rivers State Truth And Reconcilliation Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.