Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment (29842 Views)

Mavin’s Korede Bello Lied About His Age - Clem Ogus / Mario Balotelli Banned And Fined For Racist Comment / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2013
The only thing this sales hag is guilty of is LAZINESS.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by nerodenero: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2013
Joavid: and the story goes on..
we were not dia so we dnt kow who is telling the truth
My thought too.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by deols(f): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
I dislike it when told something I am admiring is expensive.So I understand how Oprah feels. Making it a racial issue is what I dont entirely agree with.

I wont buy it solely to prove a point. I will prove the point only if buying it is worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by dasparrow: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
@Post

I don't know who is lying and who is telling the truth but knowing white people and their sordid history of treating black people like crap due to skin color (slavery, lynching, colonialism, racial segregation, apartheid, etc come to mind), I will find it difficult to believe the sales girl because most white people lie with reckless abandonment. This is especially so when they have been caught red handed doing something they are not suppose to do.

4 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
demelza: Pls dont tell me that black bag she is holding is the cause of all this hullabaloo?
What a hideous and ugly bag!
Nne, my thoughts exactly. That thing shouldn't be more 3 for #1000.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by dasparrow: 12:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
ROSYL: why do we blacks always play the racist card?How is this racist? Not really sure why race always has to be the issue. Did she say, "No, it is too expensive because you aren't white?" That word is used waaaay too often when certain people don't get what they want. Perhaps Oprah was acting like she was "all that" and got offended that this employee had no clue who she is.

Oprah has obviously never watched the film Pretty Woman. One scene is of Julia Roberts trying to buy her first set of expensive clothes; On walking into a Beverley Hills store the two haughty saleswomen refuse to tell her the price of dresses and say they are too expensive for her. They assume by her dress she has little money. I wonder what Oprah was wearing when she went into the shop she is complaining about. Not all insults are down to racism Oprah.

I can't blame blacks for playing the racist card because anyone who thinks that imagining rascism does not exist will cause it to stop existing is deceiving him/herself. I can never defend white people when it comes to racism because white people have a long history of treating black people and people of other ethnicities like trash from Africa to the Caribbean to Asia to Australia. Those of you that go defending white people make me laugh because a white person will never defend a black African on their online forums. If anything, they will spew racist trash from their crusty fingers instead. The sales girl is lying that is all I know.

3 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
druid06: To solve this problem, a surveilance footage of the store precisely at the moment where Oprah walked into the store till when she left should be displayed for the world to see. I think Oprah is absolutely right on this one. The sales girl and the company she works for are liars and they just used this recent crisis as a marketting strategy.
You would know, you've been buying bags from that store for ages.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Abbey2sam(m): 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
I don't know why I believe the story of the sales girl, but I just do

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Enoquin: undecided so, if Oprah said "can, I see that bag?" what stopped the sales girlwoman from saying "oh, certainly!"
I don't think it's the racist card though even though it has a tiny bit of racism to it like how much does a black woman earn anyways? Still, it could have happened to any white poorly dressed woman... tongue

Bingo!!!!
Oprah say she wan see the black bag, why she no give am as requested? Why say the price is much higher? Who asked her?
Or isn't the customer king again?

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Abbey2sam(m): 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
deols: I dislike it when told something I am admiring is expensive.So I understand how Oprah feels. Making it a racial issue is what I dont entirely agree with.

I wont buy it solely to prove a point. I will prove the point only if buying it is worthwhile.

If God has bless me like oprah, I will buy a dozen of it and ask her to take to my car...

Yes that's what I would have done

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
her words might be the truth...
but that outfit is not! grin grin
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
Why do I believe this girl? Who knows though none of us were there
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by passionate88: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Na sales woman no b sales girl

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
passionate88: Na sales woman no b sales girl
lol
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Horus(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
And you believe this white racist ***** sales-girl?. This article was published by a white racist just to protect the reputation of the shop.
This is just a publicity operation. This ***** sales-girl was racist, is racist and all time will be racist, PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by ponco: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abbey2sam: I don't know why I believe the story of the sales girl, but I just do

it is because you are an underdog, it's natural, you would tend to the underdog side of the story, it's a thing of the mind.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by cachal: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
My take on this issue is simple, customers ask for too much respect. And Sales girls/Boys most time look down on people until you prove them wrong. It happen to me sometime ago, in a flight with Da prince, we were both in the Business class, but they seem to give him more attention, not even bothered to know who I was.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
Why would oprah lie?.The sales girl has every reason to lie,if I was in her position I'll say the same thing as she is now.because she messed up big time,to keep her job,she must say oprah lied.oprah can not lie about racism,she luv whites more than blacks,as she was raised by white parents.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
The sales girl should be careful incase i walk into thesame shop during my honeymoon and my spouse selects thesame £35,000 bag for christmas....

I wont take it lightly with the shop girl. By then she wil say i wanted her sacked from her job. Okay... wink cheesy

God punish poverty and his father...

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chillisauce: The lady looks racist. No offense.

By their looks you shall know them angry

If not, wy did she emphasize on the price while telling her about the *** crocodile piece.

Ignorant racist black person. Blacks are more racist than majority of white folks#fact #my grandma

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by texazzpete(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
ROSYL: why do we blacks always play the racist card?How is this racist? Not really sure why race always has to be the issue. Did she say, "No, it is too expensive because you aren't white?" That word is used waaaay too often when certain people don't get what they want. Perhaps Oprah was acting like she was "all that" and got offended that this employee had no clue who she is.

Oprah has obviously never watched the film Pretty Woman. One scene is of Julia Roberts trying to buy her first set of expensive clothes; On walking into a Beverley Hills store the two haughty saleswomen refuse to tell her the price of dresses and say they are too expensive for her. They assume by her dress she has little money. I wonder what Oprah was wearing when she went into the shop she is complaining about. Not all insults are down to racism Oprah.

We're talking about one of the richest women in the world who is styled by fashion icons...and you wonder if she was dressed shabbily when she went to the shop?
Pray that your Envy will not kill you in this life.

2 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by texazzpete(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
There are very few African American men in this country who haven't had the experience of being followed when they were shopping in a department store. That includes me. There are very few African American men who haven't had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me -- at least before I was a senator. There are very few African Americans who haven't had the experience of getting on an elevator and a woman clutching her purse nervously and holding her breath until she had a chance to get off. That happens often.

Statement above made by President Barack Obama, July 2013. Perhaps he's 'playing the race card' too?

6 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chillisauce: The lady looks racist. No offense.

By their looks you shall know them angry

If not, wy did she emphasize on the price while telling her about the *** crocodile piece.

I baffle at the understanding of some nairalanders..

A customer pointed at a bag and you are telling her it is a costlier version of the one you are showing her and that you can show her cheaper similar ones. What stops you from getting the bag she pointed at ?? JAMB question.

Its very obvious to everyone from the shop girl's response that she had concluded that Oprah coulnt afford the bag.

I have had similar experience when buying MTN recharge card. The seller tells me before anything '' i dont have change ''. I told him oga '' even if you dont have change, give me N200 recharge card first before we sort ourselves out. The tupid man kept on saying '' i dont have change o'' like 5times. I screamed at him. ''cant i afford N1,000 recharge card'' ?

I insisted on buying it from him because there was no other place i could get it at that material time. Otherwise i would walk away. But a lot of sales people display negative attitude on duty.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by naijathings(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
it is either the shop has a very good PublicRelationsOfficer or the SalesLady is HONEST.. Either way, shame on you OPRAH..
I personally think black people are tooooo RACE SENSITIVE.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by LBT: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
The sales girl is lying through her teeth; how would you show a potential buyer another item different fro the one he/she is enquiring about and you tell that person the item she's holding is the same as the one being enquired about but cheaper, especially a white making such a reply to a aged black woman. The sales girl is a racist.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Ziggyzito(m): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389798/Oprah-Winfrey-branded-liar-Swiss-sales-assistant-racist-handbag-row.html

Who do we believe now?
isn't it the same oprah Winfrey who called Nigerians rogues?? She could set herself ablaze for all I care..
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
cachal: My take on this issue is simple, customers ask for too much respect. And Sales girls/Boys most time look down on people until you prove them wrong. It happen to me sometime ago, in a flight with Da prince, we were both in the Business class, but they seem to give him more attention, not even bothered to know who I was.

Come again sir. As in throw more light...

B4 nko ? U wan make dem respect you pass D prince. Have we seen your face on TV b4. No pun unintended...
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by LBT: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
naijathings: it is either the shop has a very good PublicRelationsOfficer or the SalesLady is HONEST.. Either way, shame on you OPRAH..
if you are mostly at the receiving end of racist attacks then no one would tell you when its happening again; how would she have reacted if it was the Queen of England or she recognised oprah? I bet she would have reacted differently.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by ayinba1(f): 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ziggyzito: isn't it the same oprah Winfrey who called Nigerians rogues?? She could set herself ablaze for all I care..
NO, she did not call Nigerians rogues. Get your facts straight. this is 2013.

2 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
naijathings: it is either the shop has a very good PublicRelationsOfficer or the SalesLady is HONEST.. Either way, shame on you OPRAH..

Are you through with creche school. Who bought you a toy phone to pee online
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Rastamann: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
I believe the sales girl. It was not as bad as Opara painted it!
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
What has Oprah got to gain by making up this story? I believe Oprah on this one.

There is overt (direct) racism, and there is covert (indirect) racism. Black people who have mingled with the 'higher' class are more aware of / sensitive to indirect racism because it is often at this level that indirect racism is practised. Many white racists have perfected the art of covert racism and often get away with it. I'm glad Oprah didn't allow this cheeky sales assistant to get away with it.

For those who are criticising Oprah, you are either in denial, or a little obtuse as far as covert racism is concerned. Chances are that you would never recognise covert racism if it were directed at you. You would probably even smile at the (covert) racist and thank them for their racist action.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Phyno Stylish Look In New Photoshoot / "I Watch Old Nollywood Films" Burna Boy Says As Ay Comedian React / Meet Stephen Nnaji, Genevieve Nnaji's Younger Brother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.