Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment (29836 Views)

Mavin’s Korede Bello Lied About His Age - Clem Ogus / Mario Balotelli Banned And Fined For Racist Comment / Burnaboy Allegedly Assaults A Salesgirl In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rastamann: I believe the sales girl. It was not as bad as Opara painted it!

Analyse the sales girls response...

Understanding is a gift. The sales girl still floored herslef.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
I don't believe the salesgirl. If Oprah says it happened, it must have. Not that Oprah is God, lol, far from it, but she isn't one to pull the race card so easily. She even defended Paula Deen recently with the whole "N word" thing, saying black people themselves should not be using the word (then again, she's friends with Paula Deen) and she's accommodating to many whites in general, so this incident must have happened for her to raise attention like she has. Many Some whites are racists, but they will not admit it. I doubt Oprah's lying, she doesn't have the time for such frivolities, so it must have happened and this salesgirl must have made inappropriate comments. Of course, the salesgirl won't admit she did anything wrong, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hehehe the girl is d liar here.Her Madam wouldn't have appologize to Oprah without from her sales girl first. People must hv advice her to say all these she is saying nw cause she may be know from so doing.
I don't believe her anyway.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by druid06(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
fresh_dude: You would know, you've been buying bags from that store for ages.

Trying to be sarcastic here are we? If Oprah's story is false, the simple fact that store owner should have done would have been to release a surveilance footage of the store when she visited and when she checked out yet they ignore that and expect me to believe the word of mouth of a sales girl trying to keep her job...

Also, this is a cheap way of adverticement instead of spending millions on advertizing.. Can you see my point pantsy?

2 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
ponco:

it is because you are an underdog, it's natural, you would tend to the underdog side of the story, it's a thing of the mind.

Yes, they bash your car, everyone one of them gathers round supporting one of their kind. ''Oga, forgive him nah''. Meanwhile you are looking at a damage of N20,000. The drunk keke man might even be assisted by them to run away.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Lagishan: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
She also told Oprah she doesn't want to hurt her feelings. I think she is racist.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by cold(m): 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
It's simple. There must be CCTVs in the store. Make the footage of the exchange between both of them public let's judge for ourselves. I have a strong inclination towards Oprah's version though

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by cold(m): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
druid06:

Trying to be sarcastic here are we? If Oprah's story is false, the simple fact that store owner should have done would have been to release a surveilance footage of the store when she visited and when she checked out yet they ignore that and expect me to believe the word of mouth of a sales girl trying to keep her job...

Also, this is a cheap way of adverticement instead of spending millions on advertizing.. Can you see my point pantsy?
Oh you beat me to it
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by dayoungmoney1: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
cachal: My take on this issue is simple, customers ask for too much respect. And Sales girls/Boys most time look down on people until you prove them wrong. It happen to me sometime ago, in a flight with Da prince, we were both in the Business class, but they seem to give him more attention, not even bothered to know who I was.
so who are u? obj's pikin?
#just kiddin
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Drsheddy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
if greed, racism,
and short-sightedness could be
overcome, then economic and
technological development
throughout the world would
progress to the point that
international trade would no
longer be based on (what today
would be called) colonial or
neocolonial models and would
truly benefit all peoples.if greed, racism,
truly benefit all peoples.
if greed, racism,
truly benefit all peoples.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by pomporiking: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Bloody racist!!she didn't know oprah and thought she couldn't afford it simple as that..All she is doing now is selling the name of the store for more popularity

3 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by gtrust: 2:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2389798/Oprah-Winfrey-branded-liar-Swiss-sales-assistant-racist-handbag-row.html

Who do we believe now?

‘I simply told her that it was like the one I held in my hand, only much more expensive, and that I could show her similar bags.

She has seen the 'one you held in your hands' but wanted the other one!
Why didn't you just show her the bag

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by SoaringSammy: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
The girl could b right but Oprah misunderstood her reasons for doing what she did.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
okay
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by everG: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
oprah, u won join issues wit sales girl abi? na falln hand u dey fine so and e go soon reach ur hand
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
Kizuba: Oprah would not be making the claim if nothing had happened, why would she want to tarnish a poor girl's reputation?
The girl obviously made the comments without realising that it was ophrah winfrey and later on she has to tell a story to cover up.

We now one thing is certain, she will NEVER do it again;

that is how white people like to make fools of us, they want to turn every rasict situation into a situation that looks as if the black person is paranoid, it is an old trick. am sure if you ask british people whether John Terry is racist they will tell u NO, as if we are all paranoid

True!!!

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by paris10: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
ROSYL: [b]why do we blacks always play the racist [/b]card?How is this racist? Not really sure why race always has to be the issue. Did she say, "No, it is too expensive because you aren't white?" That word is used waaaay too often when certain people don't get what they want. Perhaps Oprah was acting like she was "all that" and got offended that this employee had no clue who she is.

Oprah has obviously never watched the film Pretty Woman. One scene is of Julia Roberts trying to buy her first set of expensive clothes; On walking into a Beverley Hills store the two haughty saleswomen refuse to tell her the price of dresses and say they are too expensive for her. They assume by her dress she has little money. I wonder what Oprah was wearing when she went into the shop she is complaining about. Not all insults are down to racism Oprah.

I loath it when people like you are made to believe the white lie.if anything look good to be true, it probably is. Playing the race carefree is probably the only advantage we have as black people.

Read the sales girl statement again; she said Oprah pointed to a bag and she said to Oprah that the bag was 35k and that she Oprah should choose something else.

Now tell me, what was that suppose to mean? I went inside a shop and pointed to a particular product, and you telling me to choose something different? Who the fvck are you to tell me what to have and what not to have?

6 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chanchit: Opera should just shut up. What d sales girl did was understandable, you knw how women are, they want to prize everything even when they know they are not gonna buy. Can you bring down a N5m bag for everybody that wants to see it..? Did Opera insist on seeing the bag..? She should just shut up and stop crying foul.

Senseless comment from a senseless person who obviously reads stories upside down, and knows nothing about business or competence.

First of all, its 'Oprah' not Opera. And secondly, Oprah asked to see the bag, duh she wanted to buy it, she didn't have to beg the STUPID sales thing to bring it for her. She showed interest in the bag, that was enough! Whether she was window shopping or not, she was interested in the bag. The stupid sales thing, if she was competent as she claimed- shoulda quietly presented the bag to Oprah, not like the silly thing (sales thing of course) can afford to buy the bag for herself. Why is she now preventing someone else from buying it?

Its clear racism biko!

4 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by fijiano202(m): 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
ROSYL: why do we blacks always play the racist card?How is this racist? Not really sure why race always has to be the issue. Did she say, "No, it is too expensive because you aren't white?" That word is used waaaay too often when certain people don't get what they want. Perhaps Oprah was acting like she was "all that" and got offended that this employee had no clue who she is.
Oprah has obviously never watched the film Pretty Woman. One scene is of Julia Roberts trying to buy her first set of expensive clothes; On walking into a Beverley Hills store the two haughty saleswomen refuse to tell her the price of dresses and say they are too expensive for her. They assume by her dress she has little money. I wonder what Oprah was wearing when she went into the shop she is complaining about. Not all insults are down to racism Oprah.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by KayDee4: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: More like sales [/s]girl[s] grandma grin grin grin

That's the shop owner not the salesgirl.

Customer service providers have a way of sizing up customers based on their appearance and treating them according to the perceived status. It happens everywhere, all the time, in Naija too. If you go to a Naija bank or a restaurant dressed like a mechanic, you will be treated differently than a person that's more smartly dressed.

It's like any unfair treatment a black person gets from a white person is attributed to racism but the fact is that a white person could have gotten the same treatment Oprah got. I think Oprah was just upset the girl didn't know who she was.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
paris10:

I loath it when people like you are made to believe the white lie.if anything look good to be true, it probably is. Playing the race carefree is probably the only advantage we have as black people.

Read the sales girl statement again; she said Oprah pointed to a bag and she said to Oprah that the bag was 35k and that she Oprah should choose something else.

Now tell me, what was that suppose to mean? I went inside a shop and pointed to a particular product, and you telling me to choose something different? Who the fvck are you to tell me what to have and what not to have?

Exactly my point!
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Tocheagle(m): 3:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmmm oprah cant buy my shoes. Why would she just accuse dat girl cos she's the worlds most "muscular" wooman . Na wa o
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by mathskill: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
Arosa: So Oprah is now a liar. while the sales girl from a racist country is telling the truth.
Where you there to witness the event. For all i care Oprah might have misinterpreted what the sales girl said. Allegation coming from a celebrity doesn't automatically make it genuine. Moreover is it not Oprah that categorized all Nigerians as criminals because her friend was duped by a Nigerian. Why did she blacklist all Nigerians because of that incident. My opinion on this matter is that the law of karma has taken it's revenge on Oprah.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Blah blah blah
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oprah's publicity stunt failed! Switzerland is Africa's money laundering capital. Even if the salesgirl never heard about Oprah before am certain she was trained to treat "black older women" with more respect as she could be the wife or relative of a third world country leader.Oprah is an eldery woman who looks almost exactly like my first lady so why should any sales girl who works on commission refuse Oprah? Oprah is fraud and does not care about the blacks!She's just trying to promote her movie and also ride on paula deen's downfall.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
texazzpete:

We're talking about one of the richest women in the world who is styled by fashion icons...and you wonder if she was dressed shabbily when she went to the shop?
Pray that your Envy will not kill you in this life.
Envy huh? Hahahah me envy Oprah, is she my mate, friend or classmate? I mean why should I envy her? My dear is not really all abt money, it's all abt how you dress when you are not on television or red carpet.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Engen(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
I give up on some comments here...So you think because Oprah network is struggling she lied about a shop sales girl...I have been in the similar situation in Switzerland in a barber shop 2 barber shops to be precised they refused to cut my hair that they don't do black hair.

Its not what the girl said but am sure her actions speaks louder and Oprah got the message.

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by callme2: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
The girl is lying, period. She's just cooking up all those Motherless stories for the interest of their Shop and probably her Known Madam too.

If i be Oprah, I'll feel the same way too especially when i want to buy something i saw and liked then the sales girl will be giving me an option without bringing what i actually wanted.

There's so much meaning to that. It's obvious

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Wallie(m): 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm not one to make excuses but it is very clear that Oprah was profiled as not being able to afford the bag. Even from her words, the sales lady said Oprah wanted to look at a more expensive bag behind her but she suggested looking at the cheaper smaller version claiming that they’re the same. That's like walking into a car dealership with the hope of buying a Benz S600 but car sales guy gave you the keys to a C250 claiming that they drive the same.

Isn't she from the same Switzerland that introduced a law banning refugees from playgrounds, swimming pools and libraries?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swiss-introduce-apartheidlike-restrictions-local-authorities-ban-asylum-seekers-from-public-places-8750765.html

1 Like

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oprah didn't lie, the media as usual misconstrued her words.....Besides that bag might be made with a special type of leather, but the bag is butt ugly and isn't worth selling for half the price.
Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
REALITY101:

Ignorant racist black person. Blacks are more racist than majority of white folks#fact #my grandma

Keep shut! Yes we might be more racist or whatever, that's why we notice very well when such remark are made to us.

This topic, she made a racist remark.
And this is not a thread to show if we are more racist or not

2 Likes

Re: 'Oprah Lied" - Salesgirl Accused Of Racist Comment by cantell(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chillisauce: The lady looks racist. No offense.

By their looks you shall know them angry

If not, wy did she emphasize on the price while telling her about the *** crocodile piece.
You earned a like for the bolded words.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Burnaboy Attempts To Step On A Fan's Face During Stage Performance [PICS+VIDEO] / Phyno Stylish Look In New Photoshoot / 10 Richest African Musicians 2017 Forbes List - You Will Be Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.