Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop (21454 Views)

Checkout My 3D Drawings With Pen (pictures) / Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / Comic On Ebola (part1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by Dizney(m): 12:19am On Aug 16, 2013
Heroes Nigeria....coming soon...wanna read the comic sketch? Add me on facebook, Samuel McDisney, to download them. Only used A4 paper, Biro and Coloured Pencils...It's true that Nigeria kills Talent.

Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by jjk24(m): 5:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Wen I was y0ung I use 2 draw a l0t lyk all d time buh den highsckul came n didn't av d time 4 it eni mre. Buh nw ASUU strike d0n mak me grab pencil agn n av fallen inluv wit drawin agn am nt daht gud buh am 0k n will lyk 2 imprve I want u guys 2 critique dis ma recent drawin jst me pickin ppls pics rand0mly 0n ma fne n drawin it 0n a j0tter sefini(am d 1 in d 1st drawin wit d t-bas)

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by Goldenheart(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2013
I really wanna thank you all for ur comments...
I want to thank the mods for recognizing me.
I want to thank God for his grace.
God bless u all.
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by AleshKeem(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
jjk24: Wen I was y0ung I use 2 draw a l0t lyk all d time buh den highsckul came n didn't av d time 4 it eni mre. Buh nw ASUU strike d0n mak me grab pencil agn n av fallen inluv wit drawin agn am nt daht gud buh am 0k n will lyk 2 imprve I want u guys 2 critique dis ma recent drawin jst me pickin ppls pics rand0mly 0n ma fne n drawin it 0n a j0tter sefini(am d 1 in d 1st drawin wit d t-bas)
u r trying..its obvious what ur tryna draw, but work on ur shades, lights and practice everyday.
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2015
That isn't entirely so correct. Well given you made this comment in 2013 and this is now 2015,things have changed drastically the reading culture has improved.

2years ago,when I attended the Lagos ComicCon 2013 I met the Super Strikas creator none other than the amiable Mr. Tomi Davies in a free session on comics. He shared a lot of tips and offered to help out those who contacted him via his email.

I got the chance to meet the Comic Republic team creators Jide Martin & co of Guardian Prime, Eru, Ireti, Avonome, Hero Gen, Aje, Jade Waziri and Vanguards Rising. They didn't have a website then only social media presence but all has changed.

There's now E.X.O - The Legend of Wale Williams, a Nigerian comic that sold out on the 1st day. I got to meet the creator D-Roye Okupe at this year's ComicCon & bought my discounted copy with a branded tshirt.

Get on facebook and join the Association of Comic Makers of Nigeria(ACMON) and Nigerian Comic Artists Group (NCAG) for the latest info on the Nigerian and International comic scene.

Visit the following links:
www.comicpanel.org
www.youneekstudios.com
www.thecomicrepublic.com
www.lagoscomiccon.com
www.supastrikas.co.za
http://dm3drev-studeos..in/2015/10/exo-inktober-competition.html

nickz:
I like this but fact is that children no longer read comic books ℓ̊n Nigeria.like the days °ƒ super strikers
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by Catalyst007(m): 3:35am On Oct 29, 2015
FREE Logo & Banner design tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEY8VwnLKew
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 7:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Added you on facebook not too long ago but you haven't accepted it. Check your inbox & you'll see a message from me there,best regards...

Dizney:
Heroes Nigeria....coming soon...wanna read the comic sketch? Add me on facebook, Samuel McDisney, to download them. Only used A4 paper, Biro and Coloured Pencils...It's true that Nigeria kills Talent.
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by tpiar: 12:59am On Mar 10, 2016
well, interesting but you didnt expand on the concepts.
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 10:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
You didn't say who you were referring to...

tpiar:
well, interesting but you didnt expand on the concepts.
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 10:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
Tips & Tools For Lettering Comics

*Adobe Illustrator: Industry Standard used by the likes of Marvel,DC,Vertigo & Image comics etc. Also works superbly with Photoshop(photomanipulation/digital painting) and InDesign(compositing/final print layout) [www.adobe.com]

*CorelDraw: Not an industry standard comes in a close 2nd after Illustrator because it has tools & feature similar to the above. [www.coreldraw.com]

*Affinity Designer: Another good tool though with limited capacities for manipulation exclusively for Mac users [www.affinity.serif.com]

*Inkscape: Give it a try if you want an alternative [www.inkscape.org]

*Manga Studio: Great for manga style comics & lettering not so for all genres of comic lettering

Creating Your Own Fonts
*Fontagrapher and Type Tool [www.fontlab.com]
*Glyphs [www.glyphsapp.com]

Happy Easter #ComicHeads...
Re: A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop by DerrickM(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Who Makes A Comic Team?!!
This is a question that bothers any newbie or intermediate illustrator who wants to take his or her comic idea to the next level usually asks. With that said & done let's this started with the list below...
*Comic Creator/Writer
*Editor
*Comic Illustrator(s) for the Interior Pages & ComicBook Cover Art (pencils/inks)
*Colourist(s) for the Interior Pages & ComicBook Cover Art
*Letterer
Traditional or Digital methods are up to the team. A combination of both styles is usually used regardless...watch out for more info...

Courtesy of Dm3DRev Studeos Blog
www.dm3drev-studeos..com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Editing Course + Certification Online / Digital Art/Painting and Vector Illustration / Video Editing School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.