Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft (34123 Views)

What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby / Baby Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
Hello beautiful parents, pls how do I make my baby hair soft and shiny, it looks very rough and hard to comb, her birth hair wasn't like that, what can I use to make it soft, shiny and neat. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2013
Maybe she's going for an 'afro' like her mama wink cheesy
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 9:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Ujujoan: Maybe she's going for an 'afro' like her mama wink cheesy
lwkmd, am speechless, abeg, na office I dey o, before I will start laughing and peeps will think something don dey happen, u are damn funny
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2013
afrobaby:
lwkmd, am speechless, abeg, na office I dey o, before I will start laughing and peeps will think something don dey happen, u are damn funny

Lol . . Na true nah! grin grin

I'm eager to hear responses to your post sha. My baby's hair is same and dressing the hair is always very difficult. embarassed embarassed
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2013
shea butter and coconut oil does it for me.

1 Like

Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by judii(f): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2013
My girl also has very stubborn and full hair. Someone introduced me 2 a Johnson baby hair spray called 'Tangle free spray' Its what I've been using and gives excellent result. Makes hair extremely soft and curly. It goes 4 #800 in baby shops. There's also conditioner and shampoo. The conditioner goes 4 #1500. With the spray alone, u will get the desired result but I got the conditioner 4 extra effect. Hope this is useful.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thanks beautiful mothers. @judii, I will search for the product in shoprite, hopefully they have. I was using johnson shampoo for her before, but I think it actually contributed to the hardness, but I will try the tangle free spray, shea butter and coconut oil(hard to get these days)
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2013
Johnson Detangler ( green bottle)

'Just for me' Detangler

http://m.drugstore.com/products/qxp184725

Works like a charm both on wet or dry hair ... Comb gently and style ( plat/ braid/ whatever) right away.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by ladygogo: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
you could apply a leave in conditioner and coconut oil. Its also called the coconut relaxer.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
She is just 10 months old, hope it will not be too hard on her scalp
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Bluediamond1(f): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
Oh tank God,bn searchin 4 long.@afrobaby tnx for raising dis topic and to beautiful mamas tnx for ur suggestions.my baby is jst 10 months n it's a lot of work combing her hair.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2013
afrobaby: She is just 10 months old, hope it will not be too hard on her scalp
it will not be hard on her scalp, or better still get Dark & Lovly Live-In-Conditiona. After using a mild shampoo (bcoz of her scalp) use d conditiona. It will make the hair silky and easy to comb. You can use sharebutter (Ori), or a good conditioning hair cream/coconut oil. Make sure u concentrate on the scalp, and massage it gently. No need to use heat(hand-dryer), bcoz of her age. It will dry with natural air.. Hope it helps
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by gunuvi(m): 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
afrobaby: Thanks beautiful mothers. @judii, I will search for the product in shoprite, hopefully they have. I was using johnson shampoo for her before, but I think it actually contributed to the hardness, but I will try the tangle free spray, shea butter and coconut oil(hard to get these days)
you can get virgin coconut oil from wwww.sebasicoconuts.com or call 07026015480
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by smartmom(f): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sheanut butter of oil works wonders. Leaves the hair silky and soft naturally too.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Ochiban: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
one thing is.....don't wash her hair everyday. Same for you as well. Our hair is very dry and can't stand to be washed more frequently than every 5 days or so. But make sure you wash it every week. After washing, use a leave in that says it moisturizes hair NOT that it strengthens hair. Strong hair is also hard hair if you do it too much. Good moisture products can be coconut oil, some olive oil products, Shea butter.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2013
Please where can I get the johnson etangler, shoprite which I thought s one of the biggest mall in Lagos deosnt have.
Also, I will like to ask, I have been seeing olive oil being meentioned, is this the same olive oil that we christans usually use as anointing oil or is there a different one, thanks
@ochiban, I wash her hair with water everyay and maybe thrice in a week with honey, is it bad?
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Then if that's the case, buy a real creme conditioner ( for adults) apply to her hair wet / dry and comb gently, rinse then style right away.

How old is the baby again? 2ce a week is okay( Afro hairstyle), a baby girl's hair over one should be styled and stayed on for a week at least. IMO
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by demmykay: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls wat do I do to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ girls hair, she is 2+ the hair is actually not strong but d problem is that after plaiting d hair it get rough easily. Say like 3days after making it, it will be looking old such dat I manage it for a week. Any advise on wat to do will be appreciated
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by afrobaby(f): 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
@jidegirl, the truth is, I don't want to apply any chemicals to her hair, I prefer something natural or very close to natural, she is just 10 months old
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Fimsah(f): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=afrobaby post=17398418]Hello beautiful parents, pls how do I make my baby hair soft and shiny, it looks very rough and hard to comb,she is 6month old.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by baby124: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
Use Shea butter mamas. That's the only safe thing for these little ones in my opinion. When you wash the hair, dry it with a dry towel. And then apply shea butter to damp hair and style. Before she goes to bed at night, apply a generous amount and cover her hair with a satin bonnet. It helps to moisturize the hair while asleep. I do this for my natural hair which is tough, and it works. I also use the Indian hemp hair cream.
Try to wash her hair once a week or twice a week too. So the hair is not too dry. It's also better to put the hair in plaits or twists. Remember our hair is so thick, that most of these treatments we put never reach the scalp. The best way to reach the scalp is if it is plaited.
Goodluck mamas!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Nicolemaya: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
Anyone in Ph looking for pure coconut oil call here 08026580519.(Gina). It really works.
Re: How To Make My Baby Hair Soft by Harrybude: 7:25am On Sep 14, 2017
I also have this prolem of combing my 16months old girl,her hair is very strong ,I will try out that leave in conditioner and coconut oil I hope I get the desire results.thanks

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Compares Himself To Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams' Husband / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / Reasons You Should Not Divorce Your Man Because He Can't Satisfy You Sexually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.