Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One (5626 Views)

Having A Timetable For Sex Can Boost Your Relationship / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by gtim4uall: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2014
I use admire those infant hairs, wishin they could be left to grow with that tender texture, the next thing the baby turns one, its cutoff the new growth is so hard and stiff.I've noticed this trend especially among Nigerian communities... Can someone throw more light on why that is done, or is it just an inherited superstition?

Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by Ceedarlin(f): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2014
Den say if u no cut am na so so head-ache go dey waya d pikin buh me no Buy am @all ll cut d hair when i like .....me ll cut my baby's own b4 he clocks 1coz we do dramatised when combing except we ll b plaiting it which ll require just one combing Weekly grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by HFOG(f): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Observed the same thing too. Didn't cut my baby's. She's one and a half now.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by emeraldoe(f): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
I haven't cut my daughter's hair, she is 4+ now

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by gtim4uall: 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ceedarlin:
Den say if u no cut am na so so head-ache go dey waya d pikin buh me no Buy am @all ll cut d hair when i like .....me ll cut my baby's own b4 he clocks 1coz we do dramatised when combing except we ll b plaiting it which ll require just one combing Weekly grin grin
. X. That means its jst superstition, #yourbabyissocute meanwhile..
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by Ceedarlin(f): 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2014
gtim4uall:
. X. That means its jst superstition, #yourbabyissocute meanwhile..
ye superstition betterstilll old tradition......n TNX Darlin cheesy
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by Ezibless: 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
emeraldoe:

And it stil has the same texture since from birth?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by emeraldoe(f): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ezibless:

no it doesn't but I use texturizer on it
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by cococandy(f): 3:27am On Dec 24, 2014
emeraldoe:
is it growing fine and lustrous? Cos I don't wanna cut my daughter's hair too.

when she eventually shows up that is
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by emeraldoe(f): 9:09am On Dec 24, 2014
cococandy:

it is growing fine, but I had so much patience cos at first it was looking very funny grin. Pple even advised me to cut d hair but I didn't and now i like d look of d hair. Will snap her wen I loosen her braids.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by abitex577(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
My two daughters are 7 and 3+ respectively. There hairs have not been cut from birth.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by cococandy(f): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2014
emeraldoe:
it is growing fine, but I had so much patience cos at first it was looking very funny grin. Pple even advised me to cut d hair but I didn't and now i like d look of d hair. Will snap her wen I loosen her braids.
ok smiley
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
abitex577:
My two daughters are 7 and 3+ respectively. There hairs have not been cut from birth.
would like to see some pictures please..
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by meetmal03(f): 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by bean2003: 12:43pm On May 19, 2016
Ezibless:

Pls I am new here. Don't know how to use this site but I will try. I saw this post and it been a question that has been on my mind for sometime now. I was so excited to see some positive post. Have a baby who hair is growing so well and don't wanna cut it. Do anything bad happen to the child if u don't cut it. Some said her baby is 4 and has cut the hair. Another said 7 and 3. Need ans from you. I am a new mum . Emeraldo Pls I need ans from u. and abitex577
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by bean2003: 12:53pm On May 19, 2016
emeraldoe:
Don't know how to use this site but I will try. I saw this post and it been a question that has been on my mind for sometime now. I was so excited to see some positive post. Have a baby who hair is growing so well and don't wanna cut it. Do anything bad happen to the child if u don't cut it. Some said her baby is 4 and has cut the hair. Another said 7 and 3. Need ans from you. I am a new mum . Emeraldo Pls I need ans from u. and abitex577
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by emeraldoe(f): 8:18pm On May 19, 2016
bean2003:
Don't know how to use this site but I will try. I saw this post and it been a question that has been on my mind for sometime now. I was so excited to see some positive post. Have a baby who hair is growing so well and don't wanna cut it. Do anything bad happen to the child if u don't cut it. Some said her baby is 4 and has cut the hair. Another said 7 and 3. Need ans from you. I am a new mum . Emeraldo Pls I need ans from u. and abitex577
my girl is 5 plus now and she is growing in Grace. But come to think of it, do the whites barb their girl's hair?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by dangotesmummy: 9:43pm On May 19, 2016
cococandy:

Heyyyyyyy ehennn koko baby Don born b on girl grin cheesy grin

What is her name o jare wink

And please o don't you cut her hair.just buy better fine ribbons of different colours and put on her hair depending on her dress.e.g if she wear blue dress carry blue ribbon put for hair

Number 2 I take God beg you no put Toro for under her eyelids in the name of cleansing babies eyes that's nonsense

Number 3 no to tribal marks whether on the face or hands.it's bad

And finally no to bleaching baby's skin.

Congratulations once again cheesy
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On May 19, 2016
Thank you.
Lol I promise not to do any of that.

Her name is Princess E.
dangotesmummy:

Heyyyyyyy ehennn koko baby Don born b on girl grin cheesy grin

What is her name o jare wink

And please o don't you cut her hair.just buy better fine ribbons of different colours and put on her hair depending on her dress.e.g if she wear blue dress carry blue ribbon put for hair

Number 2 I take God beg you no put Toro for under her eyelids in the name of cleansing babies eyes that's nonsense

Number 3 no to tribal marks whether on the face or hands.it's bad

And finally no to bleaching baby's skin.

Congratulations once again cheesy
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by floragregs(f): 4:04am On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
Thank you.

Her name is Princess E.
congrats dear, regards to princess.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by cococandy(f): 5:12am On May 20, 2016
floragregs:
congrats dear, regards to princess.
Thanks smiley
Re: What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One by dangotesmummy: 7:26am On May 20, 2016
cococandy:
Thank you.

Her name is Princess E.
mama princess cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman / Is God Showing Me Signs? / Thank You NL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.