Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10498 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: Why don't you prove me wrong?

You are wrong indeed the gospel of Jesus you are looking for a way to stain made it 100% Known that it is to seek lives for love, peace and salvation of God, and not for chaos and distruction. The principles are clear and easy to follow but are stressed by spiritual purity God wants from the believers, what many could not attain thus looking for non glorious substitutes that cause backsliding. Hope you are cleared.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Ayomivic(m): 8:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan:
The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god is a consuming fire[Hebrews 12;29],Allah is not.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]
The biblical god fed man with paper[Ezekiel 3:1-3],Allah does not.
If you need more,let me know.....Peace
why not end your post by saying that, we are not worshiping the same God?

3 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by udatso: 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan:
The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god is a consuming fire[Hebrews 12;29],Allah is not.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]
The biblical god fed man with paper[Ezekiel 3:1-3],Allah does not.
If you need more,let me know.....Peace
may Allah reward you for your wonderful post...one of my best decisions her is following you in this forum...i have learnt alot from you...i just love your replies on comparative religion. May Allah increase you in knowledge and grant you jannatal firdaus

4 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by ckkris: 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: Why don't you prove me wrong?
What for? Na by force?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chibuebem: i just did. Now you can do ME a favor by reading Acts 2:15-26

i hope he sees d truth in dt and understands it!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
udatso:
may Allah reward you for your wonderful post...one of my best decisions her is following you in this forum...i have learnt alot from you...i just love your replies on comparative religion. May Allah increase you in knowledge and grant you jannatal firdaus

lol..what did u learn from his LIEs above? That we do not serve the same God? No?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mintayo:

i hope he sees d truth in dt and understands it!
yeah. Me too.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Emusan(m): 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ayomivic:
why not end your post by saying that, we are not worshiping the same God?

My thought excertly!

@Op, this is the most confuse question of highest order in religion section be it in Islam for Muslim or here simply because our brethens are in a state of chaotic.

@Lanrexlan did well in his post unlike some people I know only that he still find it hard to come to conclusion either Yes or No!

If @mahdino should answer he will hide this truth of @lanre and claim he believes in Jesus but ignore this statement by Jesus 2 John 1:9 "9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." just to claim that Bible support their Master.

If @Udatso should answer, he will clearly confirm and says Yes! But he believes Bible contradict, Jesus didn't die, and also believe Bible is not the word of God, Only to justify the coming of their master.

If @RoyPcain should answer, infact it's another dimension entirely, he will say Yes! Just to claim Bible support the coming of their Master but believes Jesus is a rude Son to His mother, Bible is not complete(he only pick special verse that favour him in the Bible), Jesus is a Son of man.

If @Ayeni02 should answer, infact he is the most confused brethen I ever known on NL, he has created many threads inwhich himself get confused after he has claimed that Jesus prophesied the coming of Muhammad, but later comes to conclusion that Bible is so contradict and it can't be the word of God.

If @maclatunji should answer, many hidden post will appear.

My brethens are so confused to the extent that they don't know the part they should support in the Bible either Old Testament or New Testament.

*They claim Bible contradict
*They claim Bible is not the word of God, it fulls of Narrator's voice but the only part that support their claim is free from narrator's voice.
*They claim Jesus didn't die even when Jesus says He will die but believe Jesus when He said He will send their master.
*They claim all the apostles were wrong to claim Jesus died but believe those apostles were right in their statement of coming of Muhammad......and many more...

All are about confusion!

Those that are very open-minded believe we're not serving the same God. Those who hides under prejudice keep saying we are serving the same God and God can't lie. But the major problem they have is, if God can't lie and we're serving the same God; why do they not believe God when He said: "This is my beloved Son hear Him"?

Anyway we're serving the same God because God still loves everyone who comes to Him through His only begotten Son.
Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Emusan:

My thought excertly!

@Op, this is the most confuse question of highest order in religion section be it in Islam for Muslim or here simply because our brethens are in a state of chaotic.

@Lanrexlan did well in his post unlike some people I know only that he still find it hard to come to conclusion either Yes or No!

If @mahdino should answer he will hide this truth of @lanre and claim he believes in Jesus but ignore this statement by Jesus 2 John 1:9 "9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." just to claim that Bible support their Master.

If @Udatso should answer, he will clearly confirm and says Yes! But he believes Bible contradict, Jesus didn't die, and also believe Bible is not the word of God, Only to justify the coming of their master.

If @RoyPcain should answer, infact it's another dimension entirely, he will say Yes! Just to claim Bible support the coming of their Master but believes Jesus is a rude Son to His mother, Bible is not complete(he only pick special verse that favour him in the Bible), Jesus is a Son of man.

If @Ayeni02 should answer, infact he is the most confused brethen I ever known on NL, he has created many threads inwhich himself get confused after he has claimed that Jesus prophesied the coming of Muhammad, but later comes to conclusion that Bible is so contradict and it can't be the word of God.

If @maclatunji should answer, many hidden post will appear.

My brethens are so confused to the extent that they don't know the part they should support in the Bible either Old Testament or New Testament.

*They claim Bible contradict
*They claim Bible is not the word of God, it fulls of Narrator's voice but the only part that support their claim is free from narrator's voice.
*They claim Jesus didn't die even when Jesus says He will die but believe Jesus when He said He will send their master.
*They claim all the apostles were wrong to claim Jesus died but believe those apostles were right in their statement of coming of Muhammad......and many more...

All are about confusion!

Those that are very open-minded believe we're not serving the same God. Those who hides under prejudice keep saying we are serving the same God and God can't lie. But the major problem they have is, if God can't lie and we're serving the same God; why do they not believe God when He said: "This is my beloved Son hear Him"?

Anyway we're serving the same God because God still loves everyone who comes to Him through His only begotten Son.
Shalom!

you described them well...
Except they come to God through His begotten Son-Jesus i.e accept Him as their Lord and Saviour...then we don't serve d same God!

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Rexyl:

You are wrong indeed the gospel of Jesus you are looking for a way to stain made it 100% Known that it is to seek lives for love, peace and salvation of God, and not for chaos and distruction. The principles are clear and easy to follow but are stressed by spiritual purity God wants from the believers, what many could not attain thus looking for non glorious substitutes that cause backsliding. Hope you are cleared.
What are you saying now? I said you should prove me wrong that those attributes I listed above aren't found in the bible and they are false,prove that to me.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chibuebem: i just did. Now you can do ME a favor by reading Acts 2:15-26
Sure,I have read it.
Acts 2:15-26 (NIV) -These men are not drunk, as you suppose.It's only nine in the morning! No,this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:In the last days,God says,I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy,your young men will see visions,your old men will dream dreams.Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days,and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below,blood and fire and billows of smoke.The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'
Men of Israel,listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles,wonders and signs,which God did among you through him,as you yourselves know.This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge;and you,with the help of wicked men,put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
But God raised him from the dead,freeing him from the agony of death,because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.David said about him:I saw the Lord always before me.Because he is at my right hand,I will not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;my body also will live in hope.

You just exposed more lies in your doctrines.@Blue fonts,it signifies Jesus is not God and has not share in divinity,he was a man attested to the children of Israel.@Bold,Jehovah witnesses differ with this.Moreover what has those verses got to do with the op?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: Sure,I have read it.
Acts 2:15-26 (NIV) -These men are not drunk, as you suppose.It's only nine in the morning! No,this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:In the last days,God says,I will pour out my Spirit on all people.Your sons and daughters will prophesy,your young men will see visions,your old men will dream dreams.Even on my servants, both men and women,I will pour out my Spirit in those days,and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heaven above and signs on the earth below,blood and fire and billows of smoke.The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'
Men of Israel,listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles,wonders and signs,which God did among you through him,as you yourselves know.This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge;and you,with the help of wicked men,put him to death by nailing him to the cross.
But God raised him from the dead,freeing him from the agony of death,because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.David said about him:I saw the Lord always before me.Because he is at my right hand,I will not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;my body also will live in hope.

You just exposed more lies in your doctrines.@Blue fonts,it signifies Jesus is not God and has not share in divinity,he was a man attested to the children of Israel.@Bold,Jehovah witnesses differ with this.Moreover what has those verses got to do with the op?
i actually meant acts 1:15-26. And Jesus took on flesh. Thats what we believe.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 10:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
ckkris: What for? Na by force?
None of your brothers can prove me wrong.How long do you wanna defend falsehood? Allah says in Surah Al-Isra 17:81- When truth is hurled against falsehood,falsehood perishes for falsehood by nature is bound to perish.Only Allah gives guidance.....Peace
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
Chibuebem: i actually meant acts 1:15-26.
Acts 1:15-26 (NIV) -In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)and said,"Brothers,the Scripture had to be fulfilled which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through the mouth of David concerning Judas,who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus-- he was one of our number and shared in this ministry.
(With the reward he got for his wickedness,Judas bought a field;there he fell headlong,his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this,so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.) For,said Peter,it is written in the book of Psalms, May his place be deserted;let there be no one to dwell in it,and,May another take his place of leadership.Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,beginning from John's baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.So they proposed two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias.Then they prayed,Lord,you know everyone's heart.Show us which of these two you have chosen to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias;so he was added to the eleven apostles.

This has nothing to do with the op.you just exposed another contradiction in your book.@ blue font,Acts 1:18 says Judas bought a land with the sliver he collected and fell headlong and his intestines spilled out but we read a different thing concerning the same Judas death in
Matthew 27:5 (NIV)- So Judas threw the money into the temple and left.Then he went away and hanged himself.
Which one should we believe? If you don't know about your scriptures,don't bother to quote.
And Jesus took on flesh. Thats what we believe.
Does it makes any sense to you? Does Bill Gates need to transform and pack himself into a computer before he can know what's bad for the computer? Imagine,a father becoming his son,yet the father still remain the father and offer his life for his brothers[His creatures],crying on Myself,myself why have I forsaken myself?
Does it makes sense to you?
Only Allah gives guidance.....Peace
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The creator is not author of confusion but peace[1 Corinthians 14:33].You need to ask yourself if it's possible for the creator to possess some absurd attributes giving to Him in the bible.

Give me verses from the bible that prohibit polygamy.Solomon
had a thousand wives and concubines[1 Kings 1:3].Abraham,Jacob and david had more than one wife.

How come satanic Judas will make heaven[Revelations 21:10-21]?

Isaiah 65:12 (RSVA) I will destine you to the sword,and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer,when I spoke,you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes, and chose what I did not delight in

Luke 22:38 And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.
What's the purpose of swords?
JIHAD means to strive and struggle.Allah says fight those who fight you but transgress not the limits[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190].If the enemies want peace,you should also incline to peace[Surah Al-Anfal 8:61].Killing of innocent souls is not JIHAD.

But the biblical god was seen wandering about[1 chronicles 17:5-6] and lives in Zion[Joel 3:17].
The kabba is just the Qiblah(direction of worship) and it's for unity among muslims.To Allah belongs all,east and west[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:142].

Romans 6:16-18 (NIV) -Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves,you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin,which leads to death,or to obedience,which leads to righteousness? But thanks be to God that,though you used to be slaves to sin,you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted.You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Do you know the history of christianity? The crusaders? Islam ruled Spain for more than 80 years and the crusaders came and killed almost every muslim present that no muslim could give the adhan(Call of prayer) openly.

Just use the touchstone of theology for the god you are worshipping and check if he's the true living god.Allah says in Surah Ikhlas 112:1-4-
Say;He is Allah,one and only.Allah the absolute the eternal.He begets not nor was He begotten and there's nothing comparable to Him.....Peace
u see u dnt know wat u are saying ........ U dnt know anything abt d bible neither d quran(evil book of d ammunit god)....can u debate d characters of the fouder of both religion...
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
lincolnj88: u see u dnt know wat u are saying ........ U dnt know anything abt d bible neither d quran(evil book of d ammunit god)....can u debate d characters of the fouder of both religion...
Lolz,I am just a student of comparative religion.You should just prove me wrong that those attributes aren't in the bible and I will withdraw,very easy.
Paul is the founder of christianity,what should I debate about paul's life? His lies?
Islam is the religion with Allah since time immemorial.Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)isn't the founder of Islam,he's the last and final messenger of Allah(swt) and the perfector of Allah's religion.
Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:19- the religion with Allah(the creator) is Islam.
Surah Al-Imran 3:85- And if anyone seeks any other religion than Al-Islam[Peace acquired by submiting one's will to the Creator],it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter,he will be among the losers..

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 11:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
udatso:
Ameen,thumma ameen and you too my brother.May Allah always guide your ways.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
One said d earth is flat and d bible said its spherical(round) ... D quran said d sun rises from mukky water..d bible confirmed east....d quran knows nothing abt rotation but jesus confirmed it.......one says kill infidels but jesus said luv ur enemie.......one said heaven is made of virgins d bible contradicts it......d quran authorized jihad (war) d bible authorise war against principalities and powers..........d quran knows nothing abt science but d bible confirmed scientific approach and d same time defiled it showing dat nothing is difficult for God........5 bible confirms d missing day in a year in joshua chapter 8 d sun stood still for 23hrs 20 mins and Ikings ( isaiah d prophet reverse d earth by 10 degrees.........summarized it ... Gen 1 vs 1 .in the begining (time) God created (power) the heaven (space) and the earth (matter)..and the spirit of the lord moves(motion) upon the surface of the earth......words in brackets took scientist 2450 yrs to discover that the basic things in science are time,power,space,matter,motion.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: Lolz,I am just a student of comparative religion.You should just prove me wrong that those attributes aren't in the bible and I will withdraw,very easy.
Paul is the founder of christianity,what should I debate about paul's life? His lies?
Islam is the religion with Allah since time immemorial.Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)isn't the founder of Islam,he's the last and final messenger of Allah(swt) and the perfector of Allah's religion.
Allah says in Surah Al-Imran 3:19- the religion with Allah(the creator) is Islam.
Surah Al-Imran 3:85- And if anyone seeks any other religion than Al-Islam[Peace acquired by submiting one's will to the Creator],it will never be accepted of him and in the hereafter,he will be among the losers..
let me give u instancies dat u dnt know wat u are saying........mr comparative where did u found out that judas and solomon went into heaven.....let's look at d prophet dat came to perfect ur religion.......(1) muhammad and medecine..u can use d urine of a camel as medecine.drinking camel urine will make one healthy ibn abbas vol 1, book 4, 215. (2) doctor mohammed said fever is d heat from hell. Narated by aisha vol 7,book 71 , no 621......(3). A filthy fly is a cure narrated by abu huraira. Let me forget about mohammed ...let's come to the paul chapter. Christianity means believing in christ which makes christ the fouder and paul was a convert to it or are u telling me that some people didn't believe in christ before paul was converted.......and let me ask u something .. Did God create man in his own image? And are angels d same thing with us? Why did God says in d Torah and Bible that let's make man in our own image? And where is the context of 'our' coming from if there is no Jesus? Pls ansa me.......and u all believe d bible has been altered..can u tell me by who ? And how come we can't get d original and uptill now it has not been seen by anyone,.....let me tell u something u are not brilliant as osama bin laden who challenged dr zakir I. Abt d character of mohammed ... As popular as dr zakir he could not proof a single quotation frm d terrorist mouth wrong because osama bin laden is well granded in d quran....so as a gud muslim all u need to do is pick up ur sword look around for jews or christian and slaughter for great is ur reward with 72 virgins in heaven....paedophile
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 11:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
You said islam is d religion in time.... As simple as dat can u tell me where or any intancies islam was measured before 750 ad.............
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Can you demonstrate to us that Allah asked his devotees to become suicide bombers?
. Kill all infidels and u will get reward....kill all jews and christians was d dying words of prophet mohammed ...pls I stand to be corrected
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: None of your brothers can prove me wrong.How long do you wanna defend falsehood? Allah says in Surah Al-Isra 17:81- When truth is hurled against falsehood,falsehood perishes for falsehood by nature is bound to perish.Only Allah gives guidance.....Peace
u need to read the Bible again oh. because no sain person argues with a goat.......Jesus continues to manifest his works till today and no soothsayer neither mohamed was able to flush out d doctrine despite their effort.....wat u need to do is to go to wikiislam.org and proove dem wrong about full analysis of the quran and hadith.....and dose verses u quouted frm d scripture answerd ur questions if u could read d whole chapter and not ignorantly and foolishly quoted one single verses and jump up with an immaterial conclusion
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lincolnj88: 12:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Go to wikislam.org and u will find all u need to know about d quran and hadith and u can tell dat allah is nothing short of an amunit arabic cult god.....and also it was a bishop of d amunit cult dat called mohammed a prophet after his mother took mohammed to him explaing d visitation of the evil spirit he claimed was an angel..........one baboon said mohammed perfected dier religion islam for them, can u really boldly paste out the characters and lifestyle of mohammed and compare it to dat of jesus........and u keep saying d quran is d word of God ,how comes common scientist was able to proove all science in d quran wrong exceept dat of all human beings came from one parents which was adam and eve(it was copied frm torah and d bible). So God can make mistakes which can be corrected by common man..........u said mohammed is d greatest of all prophet ,den y is he not d one to judge d earth y isa (jesus)...........a new born babe can tell u dat islam is a religon of confusion and war ....and we av millions of infalliable proof seen by everyone............ok anoda idiot here says dat d bible supported drinking, d bible is against drinking if u are learned at all.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 3:57am On Aug 14, 2013
^ Lolz... People get their education from site designed only to malign Islam.. Incredible.

Op, Allah comes from Al ilahi meaning ‘The God’.

Linguistically, the Arabic "Allah" or "Al-Ilahi'' is related to the Hebrew "El-Elohim" (Used in the Hebrew bible for God) , meaning "God of Gods" or "the God". (both semetic languages) ((A) Toombs LE (1971). B) Schonfield HJ (1967). )

The similarity between the Arabic "Al-Ilahi" and ‘El Elohim’ can be seen when one examines both languages closely. There are no vowels alphabets in both languages.

So for the English transliteration, The Arabic becomes "AI -Ilh" and the Hebrew becomes "El-Elhm" when vowels are removed. If the plural of respect is removed, the Arabic remains "AI-Ilh", while the Hebrew becomes "EI-Elh".

Finally, if one were to transliterate all Arabic "Alifs" as "a", and all Hebrew "Alifs" as "a", the Arabic becomes "AI-Alh'.' and the Hebrew becomes "AI-Alh".

This means that the only thing separating Al –Ilah (From which Allah comes) and El-Elohim is the plural of respect. (Dr Jerald Dirks,(2001))

These two jewish guys explain the link between the two words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjefT51E40

He starts talking at 0.36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92Mlp3Tlw
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 4:58am On Aug 14, 2013
So Allah is basically El-Elohim. Semetic languages are very, very similar. El-Elohim is used in the hebrew bible. The name is not where the problem lies though.

We have differences particularly relating to the person of Jesus. The differences are as follows:

i. The mission/ministry of Jesus Christ

Muslims believe that Jesus was sent as a Messenger to only the children of Israel and that his ministry are not a global ministry. Christians believe that he came for the whole world, a universal ministry.

There are supposed evidences on both sides, so let's examine them strictly from the 'gospels' and christian history because there are serious problems with the universal ministry assertion unfortunately most of modern christian theology were influenced by the post-Jesus writings of paul and the pauline tradition.

The evidence for the muslim position are quite a lot, from the canonial and apocryphal gospels as well as church history. The Quran states:

Behold! the angels said: "0 Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus... And Allah will teach him the book and wisdom, the law and the gospel, and (appoint him) a messenger to the children of Israel... Qur'an 3:45 48-49

Jesus in several places limited his mission to the children of Israel, In Mathew, he is reported to have said:

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...Matthew 10:5-6

This verse is very interesting because not only were they not allowed to go the gentiles, the Samaritans who had mixed assyrian and Israeli descent were also excluded from the mission. The Samaritans practised a brand of Judaism as well, complete with their own torah. Apparently, the assyrian blood must have disqualified them for this mission..

Another evidence of this comes also in the Mathew gospel.

Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon." But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, "Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she carne and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." He answered, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed instantly,Matthew 15:21-28"

The image painted of Jesus here runs contrary to what the average christian is taught in sunday school. Here, non-Jews are refered to using the metaphor 'dogs'. It is only after an extreme show of faith that Jesus relented and healed the person..

Again Jesus repeats a similar statement, using the 'dogs' methaphor. The use of the dogs metaphor allows one to interpret the verses below as limiting his mission as well:

Do not give what is holy to dogs; and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under foot and tum and maul you Matthew 7:6.

Interestingly this is also found in apocryphal literature, in the gospel of thomas found in 1945, we find a similar statement.

(Jesus said,) "Do not give what is holy to dogs, lest they throw them on the dung heap. Do not throw the pearls (to) swine, lest they...it (...)" (The Gospel ofThomas. In Robinson JM (1990). Page 136)

This statement appears to come from an earlier gospel often named Q (no longer existing), form which the mathew gospel and the gospel of thomas must have sourced.

In another miracle reported, Jesus healed the slave of a Roman Centurion.

After Jesus had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. A centurion there had a slave whom he valued highly, and Who was ill and close to death. When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him, asking him to come and heal his slave. When they came to Jesus, they appealed to him earnestly, saying, "He is worthy of having you do this for him, for he loves our people, and it is he who built our synagogue for us." And Jesus went with them, but when he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to say to him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; therefore I did not presume to come to you. But only speak the word, and let my servant be healed ... When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, he said, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." When those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

This is often used as evidence for a universal ministry but let's examine the evidence.

i. The Roman centurion did not, himself, entreat Jesus to heal the slave. Rather, the centurion sent a delegation of Jewish elders to appeal to Jesus.

ii. These Jewish elders were able to make a direct and convincing case for special circumstances, stating that the centurion: loved the Jewish people; and had actually gone to the extremely unusual step of building a synagogue for the Jewish people of Capernaum, no doubt the same synagogue in which Jesus occasionally taught.

iii. The faith just like that of the canaanite woman were impressive and as such Jesus (by the will of Allah) cured them.

The two last examples show the extreme lengths and the exceptional circumstances in which non-jews were given attention.. This exceptional circumstances were the only, he reached out to people outside ' the lost sheep of Israel'.

NEVER IS IT REPORTED THAT JESUS TAUGHT OR PREACHED THE MESSAGE TO NON-JEWS.

Next: The serious flaws in the Universal message theory using the evidence provided for it.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 14, 2013
lincolnj88: . Kill all infidels and u will get reward....kill all jews and christians was d dying words of prophet mohammed ...pls I stand to be corrected

1) You do not understand what Muhammad meant.

2) You quote the Quran out of context.

3) That passage you quoted said nothing about suicide.

4) You have no idea that it is a sin punishable by Allah, for a muslim to commit suicide.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 6:25am On Aug 14, 2013
lincolnj88: u need to read the Bible again oh. because no sain person argues with a goat.......Jesus continues to manifest his works till today and no soothsayer neither mohamed was able to flush out d doctrine despite their effort.....wat u need to do is to go to wikiislam.org and proove dem wrong about full analysis of the quran and hadith.....and dose verses u quouted frm d scripture answerd ur questions if u could read d whole chapter and not ignorantly and foolishly quoted one single verses and jump up with an immaterial conclusion
This is one thing I hate in my life.I quoted some verses,you just need to prove me wrong that those verses aren't there and I will withdraw,very simple.Why should I visit a site that malign Islam when I have the Quran and hadiths with me?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2013
lincolnj88: One said d earth is flat and d bible said its spherical(round) ... D quran said d sun rises from mukky water..d bible confirmed east....d quran knows nothing abt rotation but jesus confirmed it.......one says kill infidels but jesus said luv ur enemie.......one said heaven is made of virgins d bible contradicts it......d quran authorized jihad (war) d bible authorise war against principalities and powers..........d quran knows nothing abt science but d bible confirmed scientific approach and d same time defiled it showing dat nothing is difficult for God........5 bible confirms d missing day in a year in joshua chapter 8 d sun stood still for 23hrs 20 mins and Ikings ( isaiah d prophet reverse d earth by 10 degrees.........summarized it ... Gen 1 vs 1 .in the begining (time) God created (power) the heaven (space) and the earth (matter)..and the spirit of the lord moves(motion) upon the surface of the earth......words in brackets took scientist 2450 yrs to discover that the basic things in science are time,power,space,matter,motion.
You are very very ignorant,it's easy to write things without backings.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 6:35am On Aug 14, 2013
lincolnj88: Go to wikislam.org and u will find all u need to know about d quran and hadith and u can tell dat allah is nothing short of an amunit arabic cult god.....and also it was a bishop of d amunit cult dat called mohammed a prophet after his mother took mohammed to him explaing d visitation of the evil spirit he claimed was an angel..........one baboon said mohammed perfected dier religion islam for them, can u really boldly paste out the characters and lifestyle of mohammed and compare it to dat of jesus........and u keep saying d quran is d word of God ,how comes common scientist was able to proove all science in d quran wrong exceept dat of all human beings came from one parents which was adam and eve(it was copied frm torah and d bible). So God can make mistakes which can be corrected by common man..........u said mohammed is d greatest of all prophet ,den y is he not d one to judge d earth y isa (jesus)...........a new born babe can tell u dat islam is a religon of confusion and war ....and we av millions of infalliable proof seen by everyone............ok anoda idiot here says dat d bible supported drinking, d bible is against drinking if u are learned at all.
Your ignorance is very pathetic,I am not here to reply a goon.Some absurd attributes were given to the Creator in your bible and you can't prove it wrong.The Creator's attributes must be unique,there's now comparable to him.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 6:45am On Aug 14, 2013
True Christ been sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel[Matthew 15:24]so were his disciples[Matthew 10:5-6].But apostle Paul claimed he is an apostle of the gentile[Non Jews,samaritans etc].
Romans 11:13 (NIV)- I am talking to you Gentiles.In as much as I am the apostle to the Gentiles,I make much of my ministry.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Emusan(m): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: Your ignorance is very pathetic,I am not yet to reply a goon.

Your own is what? Op asked a simple question but all what you do is ranting unnecessarily. Is Christian and Muslim serving the same God very simple question? Why are you perambulating like Jay Jay Okocha?

2 Likes

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2013
The serious flaws in the Universal message theory

Evidence 1.

Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. When they saw him,they worshiped him;but some doubted.And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:16-20.

Ha!! evidence for a global ministry right?? well wrong.. There are serious problems here.

Serious flaws

i. Mathew says this comes from the mouth of the 'risen Jesus' not Jesus during his earthly ministry. This is very, very peculiar because the term 'risen Jesus' is used in new testament language as a code for someone seeing a 'vision' . We do not have to look too far to see evidence of this. Mr Paul's (Saul of taurus) 'vision' as he traveled from Jerusalem to Damascus. (Acts 9:1-9.)

Clearly a vision can not be given the same importance or given any kind of authority. This raises considerable doubt about the historical accuracy.

ii. This baptism formula related in this verse dates back to time much later than Jesus. According to the bible, the disciples continued to baptize ONLY in the name of Jesus.

Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift ofthe Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

The formula indicated in the verse only started been used in the second century after Jesus. ((Dr Jerald Dirks,(2001)).

Therefore, a critical analysis indicates editing and redacting for mathew to force this statementof trinity in the mouth of the 'risen Jesus'

iii. It looks as this verse suffered from even more editing even after the second century.

In the 4th century, Eusebius (4th century CE bishop of Caesarea) has this verse as "baptizing them in my name", instead of "baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Davies IN (1929b).)

iv. If Jesus actually gave this instruction, the historical record indicate that the disciples were very hesitant and flatt out disobeyed.This fact is shown in many new testament verses. In Acts 11:1-18,Peter is chastised by members of the Jerusalem 'church'for eating with gentiles.

This is odd, why should he be chastised if that is an instruction to go to all nations. Galatians 2:1-9 documents the difficulty Paul had in convincing the early Jerusalem "church" to allow him to take the gospel message to the gentiles.

The book of acts, a book strongly inspired by the pauline doctrine records the problems, paul had with the disciples. Jesus' actual disciples explicitly rejected Paul as being a fellow disciple.

When he had come to Jerusalem, he attempted to join the disciples; and they were all afraid of him, for they did not believe that he was a disciple.
Acts 9:26

Paul seemed to face a lot of opposition:

Now those who were scattered because of the persecu tion that took place over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, and they spoke the word to no one except Jews. Acts II:19

The evidence above actually contradicts the message of a universal ministry.

More evidence to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Do 8 People Repopulate 7 Billion People In 6000 Years ? / Muslims Rape 9 Year Old Girls And Then Pray To Allah / How Many Times Have You Changed Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.