Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? (10485 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 7:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Emusan:

Your own is what? Op asked a simple question but all what you do is ranting unnecessarily. Is Christian and Muslim serving the same God very simple question? Why are you perambulating like Jay Jay Okocha?
Lolz,and my answer is very simple,some attributes given to God in the bible are very absurd to the Creator.We are worshipping the same God only if christians don't believe in the godhead and trinity.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Emusan(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: some attributes given to God in the bible are very absurd to the Creator.

By who?
Remember is the God's own word, don't quote God's word only without attending to the question, by who?

We are worshipping the same God only if christians don't believe in the godhead and trinity.

Yet you acused Christian God committed those atrocity list by you and supported by your brethens, why can't you say 'OUR GOD'.

I know why you conclude this way because you are coming again to claim that Bible support the coming of Muhammad....very confuse of you and you should be ashamed of your previous post with this of one.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2013
striktlymi: Allah = Yahweh = Chukwu = Oghena = Oghene = Olodumare = Abasi = .... = God.
you are wrong the correct name of our God in hausa language is UBANGIDIpls get it ,its not and will never be the same God
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2013
Sery777:
you are wrong the correct name of our God in hausa language is UBANGIDIpls get it ,its not and will never be the same God

What are you talking about? Did you see any Hausa language in my post
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2013
Emusan:

By who?
Remember is the God's own word, don't quote God's word only without attending to the question,by who?
Do I look like the bible writers?

Yet you acused Christian God committed those atrocity list by you and supported by your brethens, why can't you say 'OUR GOD'.

I know why you conclude this way because you are coming again to claim that Bible support the coming of Muhammad....very confuse of you and you should be ashamed of your previous post with this of one.
Oops,does those attributes befits the majesty of the Creator of heavens and earth and all that's in between? What I am stressing is that the attributes of the Creator should be unique and not shared.We still see the fingerprints of Allah in the bible,His attributes are distinctive.
Malachi 3:6 (NIV)- I the LORD do not change.

Isaiah 66:1 (NIV) -This is what the LORD says:Heaven is my throne,and the earth is my footstool.Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Isaiah 43:11 (NIV)- I,even I am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Deuteronomy 6:4(NIV)- Hear,o mean of Israel your lord our God is one God.

Does the above attributes make sense to you? It's the same bible that says God lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],but Isaiah 66:1 says NO.It's the same bible that says nobody has see God at any time[1 John 4;12],yet the bible also says God was seen by the children of Israel[Exodus 34:6-7,Exodus 24:9-11].
It's the christian belief that God was transforming but Malachi 3:6 says NO.

So,how do we separate the chaff from the grains? How we give the Creator His proper attributes? We can only do this in the light of the Quran and logical reasoning.The Quran is a Muhaiminan- that testifies the truth that is therein and falsifies the falsehood......Peace

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2013
lincolnj88: One said d earth is flat and d bible said its spherical(round) ... D quran said d sun rises from mukky water..d bible confirmed east....d quran knows nothing abt rotation but jesus confirmed it.......one says kill infidels but jesus said luv ur enemie.......one said heaven is made of virgins d bible contradicts it......d quran authorized jihad (war) d bible authorise war against principalities and powers..........d quran knows nothing abt science but d bible confirmed scientific approach and d same time defiled it showing dat nothing is difficult for God........5 bible confirms d missing day in a year in joshua chapter 8 d sun stood still for 23hrs 20 mins and Ikings ( isaiah d prophet reverse d earth by 10 degrees.........summarized it ... Gen 1 vs 1 .in the begining (time) God created (power) the heaven (space) and the earth (matter)..and the spirit of the lord moves(motion) upon the surface of the earth......words in brackets took scientist 2450 yrs to discover that the basic things in science are time,power,space,matter,motion.

knowledge continues, graduation site is burial ground. I often say everything about the universe is encoded in the Bible only that the spiritual aspects are mostly emphasized so that people can be mindful of God and honour Him instead of reasoning that things were formed by time and chance.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 9:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Before I move on to the next flaw, it is important to note that the Jerusalem 'church' was essentially a jewish synagogue that believed in Jesus.

The serious flaws in the Universal message theory

Evidence 2.

The second verse comes from Luke and as usual, there are serious defects.

Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, and he said to them, "Thus is it written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins is to be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And see, I am sending upon you what my Father promised; so stay here in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.". Luke 24:45-49

Serious flaws

I. This is also attributed to the 'risen Jesus'. The alleged words and actions of the "risen" Jesus are frequently to be understood as words heard and actions seen in a "vision". The historical accuracy is put into serious question by this fact.

2. Well, if Jesus said this to his disciples, they didn't take it too seriously, did they?

Now those who were scattered because of the persecu tion that took place over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, and they spoke the word to no one except Jews. Acts II:19

The first two points have been mentioned previously.

3. This verse is closely related to the alleged crucifixion and resurrection, something that apocryphal and canonical gospels suggest didn't happen.

A full discussion on this would be held after this discussion on the ministry.

This raises serious problems on the veracity of this claim.

4. This verse is conditional and not absolute. Quite simply, the mission and ministry were to be restricted to "the lost sheep of the house of Israel", until such time as: "what my Father has promised" has been fulfilled; and "you have been clothed with power from on high". What had Allah promised to send? What was this "power from on high"? Traditional Christian interpretation has been that it was the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. If that interpretation were accepted, then the condition was met on Pentecost, just 50 days after the events described in the above passage from Luke. However, there are good and sufficient reasons to doubt that interpretation, and recorded statements made elsewhere in the New Testament scriptures dramatically refute that interpretation. (Dr Jerald Dirks, 2001)

We have already seen verses to that effect.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 9:48am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: What are you saying now? I said you should prove me wrong that those attributes I listed above aren't found in the bible and they are false,prove that to me.

You are on board. You are just starting reading the BIBLE but you have a long way to go cos HOLY SPIRIT has not been invited to interpret things that are obscure to you. You should know reason we are human beings to add and weigh things in order to locate the centre of balancing. At such location all burdens are properly tackled: be it physical, spiritual and mental. The Bible reveals that knowledge is for the rise and falling it is when truth is discovered that there will be confidence and stability. Read YOUR Bible all thru you will know it lays emphasis on certain things: the way to God and His salvation.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by lanrexlan(m): 9:58am On Aug 14, 2013
Rexyl:

You are on board. You are just starting reading the BIBLE but you have a long way to go cos HOLY SPIRIT has not been invited to interpret things that are obscure to you. You should know reason we are human beings to add and weigh things in order to locate the centre of balancing. At such location all burdens are properly tackled: be it physical, spiritual and mental. The Bible reveals that knowledge is for the rise and falling it is when truth is discovered that there will be confidence and stability. Read YOUR Bible all thru you will know it lays emphasis on certain things: the way to God and His salvation.
I don't like people beating around the bush,you are filled with the holy spirit you should be able to explain to us.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2013

Evidence 3

While staying with them, he ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. "This," he said, "is what you have heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now...But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." When he had said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. ( Acts 1:4-5,8-9)

Flaw 3 has some of the same defects above.

I. As in evidence 2 (1)

Ii. As in evidence 2 (2)

Iii As in evidence 2 (4)

Evidence 4

Evidence 4 takes the cake for me.

Luke 24:50 indicates that the ascension of Jesus was on Easter Sunday, which would indicate that Jesus was not present to have made the speeches recorded in Matthew 28:16-20 (the first example above) and Acts 1:7-8 (the third example above) both of which were previously quoted verbatim. However, as the author of Luke is held to have also been the author of Acts, one is immediately struck by a major discrepancy and inconsistency. In Luke, the ascension is said to have been on Easter Sunday." However, in Acts, the very same writer maintains that the ascension was 40 days after Easter Sunday Acts 1:3. 53. Thus , if the Lukan narrative were accepted, the passages from Matthew and from Acts must be considered baseless and faulty. However, if the passages from Matthew and Acts were accepted, the Lukan narrative would have to be rejected.

It seems the Quran and Jesus (peace be upon him) agree on this point. Similar arguments can be brought for the crucifixion, the so called 'prophesies' in mathew about Jesus in the old testament. etc.

I conclude. There is only one God so either way we have the same God.

However, the Christian depiction of God is based primarily on pauline traditions and far removed from Jesus.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 10:14am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: Do I look like the bible writers?

Oops,does those attributes befits the majesty of the Creator of heavens and earth and all that's in between? What I am stressing is that the attributes of the Creator should be unique and not shared.We still see the fingerprints of Allah in the bible,His attributes are distinctive.
Malachi 3:6 (NIV)- I the LORD do not change.

Isaiah 66:1 (NIV) -This is what the LORD says:Heaven is my throne,and the earth is my footstool.Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?

Isaiah 43:11 (NIV)- I,even I am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Deuteronomy 6:4(NIV)- Hear,o mean of Israel your lord our God is one God.

Does the above attributes make sense to you? It's the same bible that says God lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],but Isaiah 66:1 says NO.It's the same bible that says nobody has see God at any time[1 John 4;12],yet the bible also says God was seen by the children of Israel[Exodus 34:6-7,Exodus 24:9-11].
It's the christian belief that God was transforming but Malachi 3:6 says NO.

So,how do we separate the chaff from the grains? How we give the Creator His proper attributes? We can only do this in the light of the Quran and logical reasoning.The Quran is a Muhaiminan- that testifies the truth that is therein and falsifies the falsehood......Peace

So your argument further shows that certain people carefully wrote out some things from the Bible and used them to design other things away from the purpose of the Bible. Our Bible from Genesis to Revelation doesn't portray God as God of confusion for people that understand Him and walk in His way.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan: I don't like people beating around the bush,you are filled with the holy spirit you should be able to explain to us.

Yeah in believers Holy Spirit is manifested in various ways: in the field of knowledge, for wisdom, skill and understanding; in this wicked world He is for power to overcome; in gospel the power to testify Jesus and do miracles in His name; and on what comes after life, what makes believers children of God right on earth and make them heirs of His kingdom.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234:

Evidence 3

While staying with them, he ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. "This," he said, "is what you have heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now...But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." When he had said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. ( Acts 1:4-5,8-9)

Flaw 3 has some of the same defects above.

I. As in evidence 2 (1)

Ii. As in evidence 2 (2)

Iii As in evidence 2 (4)

Evidence 4

Evidence 4 takes the cake for me.

Luke 24:50 indicates that the ascension of Jesus was on Easter Sunday, which would indicate that Jesus was not present to have made the speeches recorded in Matthew 28:16-20 (the first example above) and Acts 1:7-8 (the third example above) both of which were previously quoted verbatim. However, as the author of Luke is held to have also been the author of Acts, one is immediately struck by a major discrepancy and inconsistency. In Luke, the ascension is said to have been on Easter Sunday." However, in Acts, the very same writer maintains that the ascension was 40 days after Easter Sunday Acts 1:3. 53. Thus , if the Lukan narrative were accepted, the passages from Matthew and from Acts must be considered baseless and faulty. However, if the passages from Matthew and Acts were accepted, the Lukan narrative would have to be rejected.

It seems the Quran and Jesus (peace be upon him) agree on this point. Similar arguments can be brought for the crucifixion, the so called 'prophesies' in mathew about Jesus in the old testament. etc.

I conclude. There is only one God so either way we have the same God.

However, the Christian depiction of God is based primarily on pauline traditions and far removed from Jesus.
Hi tbaba,going through ur long text will mean giving you answers dat i have given you long time ago.But what i can pick from all you have written is the highlighted above and that is where i want us to dwell on or start from.
If you say either way the muslims and the christians have the same God,meaning that you have studied ur quran,digested it and believed it.I'm very sure u ahv not seen God before or heard from him or even mohammed saving for the quran you read.And I as a christian,studied the bible and hold on firm to the words of Christ.Pls reconcile the following quoted words of Jesus HIMSELF with all u have been saying.Abeg no tell me say my bible no complete o ! Or say them don change becos i no tell you say dem change ur quran o.
Oya start with the below:
''I and the Father is one''-John 10:30
"‘We are going up to Jerusalem’, he said, ‘and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise’."—Mark 10:33,34
"Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."—John 17:5
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"—John 11:25,26
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well."—John 14:6
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall loose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."—John 6:37-39
"I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."
—John 16:28
"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."
"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves."—John 14:9-11
"They all asked, ‘Are you then the Son of God?’ He replied,‘You are right in saying I am’."—Luke 22:70
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."—John 8:36
"I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!"—John 8:58
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you."—John 15:9
"Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these’, replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God’."—John 10:31-33
"When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said,‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing’."—Luke 23:33,34
"I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades (hell)."Revelation 1:17,18
"This is what is written (in the Law): The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day; and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."—Luke 24:46,47
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age."—Matthew 28:18-20
"The Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice."—John 5:21-28
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in ...—Revelation 3:20..."
"You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

—John 8:23,24
God help us all
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba said peace be unto the prince of peace -'Jesus' ! Your quran asked you to believe in Jesus and you fail to believe in who and what HE says HE is right ? See below what that same Jesus is telling you:
"You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."

I didn't say the above but the messiah said so and if you don't believe the above statement,it means you want to die a sinner and ultimately go to hell but Jesus don't want it that way,that is why he is WARNING YOU AND OTHER MUSLIMS,pagans,buddhists,shintoists,atheists and the agnostics alike !

Lord have mercy on the lost !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Hi tbaba,going through ur long text will mean giving you answers dat i have given you long time ago.But what i can pick from all you have written is the highlighted above and that is where i want us to dwell on or start from.
If you say either way the muslims and the christians have the same God,meaning that you have studied ur quran,digested it and believed it.I'm very sure u ahv not seen God before or heard from him or even mohammed saving for the quran you read.And I as a christian,studied the bible and hold on firm to the words of Christ.Pls reconcile the following quoted words of Jesus HIMSELF with all u have been saying.Abeg no tell me say my bible no complete o ! Or say them don change becos i no tell you say dem change ur quran o.
Oya start with the below:
''I and the Father is one''-John 10:30
"‘We are going up to Jerusalem’, he said, ‘and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles, who will mock him and spit on him, flog him and kill him. Three days later he will rise’."—Mark 10:33,34
"Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began."—John 17:5
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"—John 11:25,26
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well."—John 14:6
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall loose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day."—John 6:37-39
"I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."
—John 16:28
"Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."
"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves."—John 14:9-11
"They all asked, ‘Are you then the Son of God?’ He replied,‘You are right in saying I am’."—Luke 22:70
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."—John 8:36
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you."—John 15:9
"Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus said to them, ‘I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?’ ‘We are not stoning you for any of these’, replied the Jews, ‘but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God’."—John 10:31-33
"When they came to the place called The Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. Jesus said,‘Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing’."—Luke 23:33,34
"I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades (hell)."Revelation 1:17,18
"This is what is written (in the Law): The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day; and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."—Luke 24:46,47
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age."—Matthew 28:18-20
"The Father judges no-one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. He who does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice."—John 5:21-28
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in ...—Revelation 3:20..."

God help us all

There are many many things to learn and gain from the Bible but ignorance blinded many people and that reason they will always argue unsuccessfully.

1 Like

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234:

It was Jesus who said HE is the son of God and not man !"They all asked, ‘Are you then the Son of God?’ He replied,‘You are right in saying I am’."—Luke 22:70
He said HE is one with the father !'I and the Father is one''-John 10:30
Tell me Jesus did not say the above ! It was twisted right ? Just tell me dat Jesus never walked the surface of the earth then i will believe you !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2013
lanrexlan:
The biblical god tried to murder Moses[Exodus 4:24],Allah never attempted to kill Moses but was sending His peace on Him[Surah As-Saffat 37:120-122]
The biblical god enforces people to drink alcohol[Jeremiah 25:27-28],Allah forbids alcohol[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
The biblical god lives in Zion[Joel 3:17] and used to wander about[1 Chronicles 17:5-6],Allah does not.
The biblical god was seen by many eyes and even dine with children of Israel[Exodus 33:11,Exodus 24:10,Isaiah 6:1,Amos 9:1],Allah is invisible.
The biblical god is a consuming fire[Hebrews 12;29],Allah is not.
The biblical god punishes innocent children for the sins of their fathers and great grand fathers[Deuteronomy 5:9-10],Allah does not.
A man burnt his daughter for the biblical god and he accepted it graciously[Judges 11:34-39],Allah doesn't even eat flesh nor blood[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god requires idolatry sacrifice from every generation[Exodus 29:38-42],Allah doesn't[Surah Al-Hajj 22:57]
The biblical god is like a yoruba god called Sango because flames were seen coming out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth[Psalms 18:8]
The biblical god fed man with paper[Ezekiel 3:1-3],Allah does not.
If you need more,let me know.....Peace
You fail to understand that i say i'm a christian and kept on quoting how God started with man prior sending forth HIS son. You don forget say if not for the new covenant you wouldn't had been conceived by your mum becos men for don 'wack'ur mama or papa long time ago following the mosaic laws ! But the dispensation of Christ,that same Christ the quran asked you to believe in,that same Christ ur quran said ascended into heaven,that same Christ ur quran said HE is comming back again.That same Christ ur quran said never sinned ! If ur quran said all these,why den do you doubt Jesus as the son of God ?See what HE is asking you in John 10:34-37''Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” Just tell me HE didn't say the above,na you or mohamed write am abi ? I dnt mean to offend anyone please !
Your quran believed that Jesus is pure(without sin) and Jesus made it known to us again in John 8:46''Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Mintayo(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Rexyl:

There are many many things to learn and gain from the Bible but ignorance blinded many people and that reason they will always argue unsuccessfully.

and a certain fellow thought because He studied 'comparative religious studies' he therefore has authority over d Bible and know it better...what a myopic understanding!
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 11:43am On Aug 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

It was Jesus who said HE is the son of God and not man !"They all asked, ‘Are you then the Son of God?’ He replied,‘You are right in saying I am’."—Luke 22:70
He said HE is one with the father !'I and the Father is one''-John 10:30
Tell me Jesus did not say the above ! It was twisted right ? Just tell me dat Jesus never walked the surface of the earth then i will believe you !

God help us

These also added as said by Jesus Act 1: 8 8 “But you will receive power when the
Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will
be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all
Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of
the earth.”
and
Matthew 28: 18-20

18 “Then Jesus came to them
and said, “All authority in heaven and on
earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of
all nations, baptizing them in the name
of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to
obey everything I have commanded
you. And surely I am with you always,
to the very end of the age.”
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2013
Rexyl:

These also added as said by Jesus Act 1: 8 8 “But you will receive power when the
Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will
be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all
Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of
the earth.”
and
Matthew 28: 18-20

18 “Then Jesus came to them
and said, “All authority in heaven and on
earth has been given to me.
19 Therefore go and make disciples of
all nations, [b]baptizing them in the name
of the Father and of the Son and of the
Holy Spirit, [/b]20 and teaching them to
obey everything I have commanded
you. And surely I am with you always,
to the very end of the age.”
It's either tbaba and the rest will come and tell us that Jesus never said so-he tbaba na him talk !
The scripture has been twisted or no longer original-may be na mclatunji twist am and him no gree touch or twist quran!
Or we no understand wetin Jesus mean-may be na lanrexlan go help us explain make we for understand !
See HIS words below before HIS ascension into heaven:
"I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father."—John 16:28
E don be like that e don be no man fit change am ! No be our fault na so God want am !-Jesus loves the muslims but warn them concerning disbelief so as no to make it into hell ! HE wants you all in heaven !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
Mintayo:

and a certain fellow thought because He studied 'comparative religious studies' he therefore has authority over d Bible and know it better...what a myopic understanding!
No matter what they do,the scripture can not be broken ! There are things you don't argue concerning the bible and Jesus' words.
1.Wether Jesus is the son of God !
2.Wether Jesus died !
3.wether Jesus was sinless !
4.Wether Jesus is the Messiah !
5.Wether Jesus 'blood atoned for the sins of the world !
6.Wether Jesus ascended into heaven !
7.Wether Jesus is coming back !
If Jesus said all these are through of HIM,then who are we(mere men)to say otherwise !
See below what Jesus said concerning Abraham:
See also below what Jesus is saying to you muslims who deny the powers and personality of our lord as established by HIM:

God help us all
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

No matter what they do,the scripture can not be broken ! There are things you don't argue concerning the bible and Jesus' words.
1.Wether Jesus is the son of God !
2.Wether Jesus died !
3.wether Jesus was sinless !
4.Wether Jesus is the Messiah !
5.Wether Jesus 'blood atoned for the sins of the world !
6.Wether Jesus ascended into heaven !
7.Wether Jesus is coming back !
If Jesus said all these are trueh of HIM,then who are we(mere men)to say otherwise !
See below what Jesus said concerning Abraham:
See also below what Jesus is saying to you muslims who deny the powers and personality of our lord as established by HIM:

God help us all
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Luke 22:38 And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.
What's the purpose of swords?
JIHAD means to strive and struggle.Allah says fight those who fight you but transgress not the limits[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190].If the enemies want peace,you should also incline to peace[Surah Al-Anfal 8:61].Killing of innocent souls is not JIHAD.

Just seein the above and now to dwell on Luke 22:38,in case you don't know,The prophets testified that HE(Jesus)was numbered amongst outlwas hence the need for the sword!
Isaiah 53:12b''... and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.''The scripture needs to be fulfilled before HIS death ! They were asked to pick up two swords for what ? May be for the whole 12 disciples to kill the Roman soldiers who will be comming after HIM ? Not at all. But to show you that the buying of swords was for the time been,we have to take the scripture from Luke 22:38''And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.Now let's see the concluding part or the scripture Luke 22:38-53''38 “Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.”“That’s enough,” he said. lol two sword to fight the battle ahead concerning HIS betrayal in the garden ! Definitely not !

(39)''Then, accompanied by the disciples, Jesus left the upstairs room and went as usual to the Mount of Olives. There he told them, “Pray that you will not give in to temptation.”
He walked away, about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed,“Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him.He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood.[a]
At last he stood up again and returned to the disciples, only to find them asleep, exhausted from grief. 46 “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. “Get up and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation.”
But even as Jesus said this, a crowd approached, led by Judas, one of the twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus to greet him with a kiss.But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?”
When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed,(49) “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!” And one of them struck at the high priest’s slave, slashing off his right ear.
But Jesus said, “No more of this.” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.
Then Jesus spoke to the leading priests, the captains of the Temple guard, and the elders who had come for him. “Am I some dangerous revolutionary,” he asked, “that you come with swords and clubs to arrest me?Why didn’t you arrest me in the Temple? I was there every day. But this is your moment, the time when the power of darkness reigns.” !
Take a look at verse 49 where they wanted to know if they should go ahead and fight ! But HE said NO ! Stop the fighting that those who go by the sword(using the sword will die by it )

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Ayomivic(m): 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ Lolz... People get their education from site designed only to malign Islam.. Incredible.

Op, Allah comes from Al ilahi meaning ‘The God’.

Linguistically, the Arabic "Allah" or "Al-Ilahi'' is related to the Hebrew "El-Elohim" (Used in the Hebrew bible for God) , meaning "God of Gods" or "the God". (both semetic languages) ((A) Toombs LE (1971). B) Schonfield HJ (1967). )

The similarity between the Arabic "Al-Ilahi" and ‘El Elohim’ can be seen when one examines both languages closely. There are no vowels alphabets in both languages.

So for the English transliteration, The Arabic becomes "AI -Ilh" and the Hebrew becomes "El-Elhm" when vowels are removed. If the plural of respect is removed, the Arabic remains "AI-Ilh", while the Hebrew becomes "EI-Elh".

Finally, if one were to transliterate all Arabic "Alifs" as "a", and all Hebrew "Alifs" as "a", the Arabic becomes "AI-Alh'.' and the Hebrew becomes "AI-Alh".

This means that the only thing separating Al –Ilah (From which Allah comes) and El-Elohim is the plural of respect. (Dr Jerald Dirks,(2001))

These two jewish guys explain the link between the two words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjefT51E40

He starts talking at 0.36

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh92Mlp3Tlw

Can you use the Hebrew world ' Elohim ' to pray in the Mosque if it has thesame meaning with Allah?

Answer, please?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
If I was a hebrew muslim, why not?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Luke 22:38 And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.
What's the purpose of swords?
JIHAD means to strive and struggle.Allah says fight those who fight you but transgress not the limits[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190].If the enemies want peace,you should also incline to peace[Surah Al-Anfal 8:61].Killing of innocent souls is not JIHAD.

Just seein the above and now to dwell on Luke 22:38,in case you don't know,The prophets testified that HE(Jesus)was numbered amongst outlwas hence the need for the sword!
Isaiah 53:12b''... and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.''The scripture needs to be fulfilled before HIS death ! They were asked to pick up two swords for what ? May be for the whole 12 disciples to kill the Roman soldiers who will be comming after HIM ? Not at all. But to show you that the buying of swords was for the time been,we have to take the scripture from Luke 22:38''And they said,Lord,behold, here are two swords.And he said unto them,It is enough.Now let's see the concluding part or the scripture Luke 22:38-53''38 “Look, Lord,” they replied, “we have two swords among us.”“That’s enough,” he said. lol two sword to fight the battle ahead concerning HIS betrayal in the garden ! Definitely not !

(39)''Then, accompanied by the disciples, Jesus left the upstairs room and went as usual to the Mount of Olives. There he told them, “Pray that you will not give in to temptation.”
He walked away, about a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed,“Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” 43 Then an angel from heaven appeared and strengthened him.He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood.[a]
At last he stood up again and returned to the disciples, only to find them asleep, exhausted from grief. 46 “Why are you sleeping?” he asked them. “Get up and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation.”
But even as Jesus said this, a crowd approached, led by Judas, one of the twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus to greet him with a kiss.But Jesus said, “Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?”
When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed,(49) “Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!” And one of them struck at the high priest’s slave, slashing off his right ear.
But Jesus said, “No more of this.” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.
Then Jesus spoke to the leading priests, the captains of the Temple guard, and the elders who had come for him. “Am I some dangerous revolutionary,” he asked, “that you come with swords and clubs to arrest me?Why didn’t you arrest me in the Temple? I was there every day. But this is your moment, the time when the power of darkness reigns.” !
Take a look at verse 49 where they wanted to know if they should go ahead and fight ! But HE said NO ! Stop the fighting that those who go by the sword(using the sword will die by it )

God help us

I told them not to just quote a verse in the Bible and base arguments on it. They will understand better when they read everything in the chapter and if possible they should include both preceeding and succeeding chapters. Now Jesus attested to no-use of sword. It is used in the arena of forces of darkness. Killings and destruction doesn't come from God. Jesus decried it clearly here. SINNERS REPENT WHY SHOULD DIE?
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
MKO 2005.

The focus of the write-up is about the ministry of Jesus, focus on the points. When I write about the trinity then we can talk.

Most of the evidence used are from bible scholars and biblical history.

Fact is, Jesus focus was on the children of Israel and the ministry was limited.

Unfortunately, most chtistians do not know beyond bible school knowledge.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
Next up: Was Jesus crucified?

Many christians will be shocked at the sheer volume of evidence from history, canonical and apocryphal gospels that raise serious doubts about this

Stay tuned, will start in a few hours.
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by Rexyl(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234: MKO 2005.

The focus of the write-up is about the ministry of Jesus, focus on the points. When I write about the trinity then we can talk.

Most of the evidence used are from bible scholars and biblical history.

Fact is, Jesus focus was on the children of Israel and the ministry was limited.

Unfortunately, most chtistians do not know beyond bible school knowledge.

Very interesting I love this. As Jesus was being borne the Angels announced his coming that, He is the ONE the whole world needs. Read: Luke chapter 2 : 8 “And there were shepherds living out
in the fields nearby, keeping watch over
their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the
Lord appeared to them, and the glory of
the Lord shone around them, and they
were terrified. 10 But the angel said to
them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you
good news that will cause great joy for
all the people. 11 Today in the town of
David a Savior has been born to you; he
is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be
a sign to you: You will find a baby
wrapped in cloths and lying in a
manger.”
13 Suddenly a great company of the
heavenly host appeared with the angel,
praising God and saying,
“Glory to God in the highest
heaven, and on earth peace to
those on whom his favor rests.”

Note the words “for all people“

Also Jesus himself charged believers Mark 16:15 “He said to them, “Go into all the
world and preach the gospel to all
creation“.

Now you are knowing...
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234: So Allah is basically El-Elohim. Semetic languages are very, very similar. El-Elohim is used in the hebrew bible. The name is not where the problem lies though.

We have differences particularly relating to the person of Jesus. The differences are as follows:

i. The mission/ministry of Jesus Christ

Muslims believe that Jesus was sent as a Messenger to only the children of Israel and that his ministry are not a global ministry. Christians believe that he came for the whole world, a universal ministry.

There are supposed evidences on both sides, so let's examine them strictly from the 'gospels' and christian history because there are serious problems with the universal ministry assertion unfortunately most of modern christian theology were influenced by the post-Jesus writings of paul and the pauline tradition.

The evidence for the muslim position are quite a lot, from the canonial and apocryphal gospels as well as church history. The Quran states:

Behold! the angels said: "0 Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus... And Allah will teach him the book and wisdom, the law and the gospel, and (appoint him) a messenger to the children of Israel... Qur'an 3:45 48-49

Jesus in several places limited his mission to the children of Israel, In Mathew, he is reported to have said:

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...Matthew 10:5-6

This verse is very interesting because not only were they not allowed to go the gentiles, the Samaritans who had mixed assyrian and Israeli descent were also excluded from the mission. The Samaritans practised a brand of Judaism as well, complete with their own torah. Apparently, the assyrian blood must have disqualified them for this mission..

Another evidence of this comes also in the Mathew gospel.

Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, "Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon." But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, "Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she carne and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." He answered, "It is not fair to take the children's food and throw it to the dogs." She said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table." Then Jesus answered her, "Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish." And her daughter was healed instantly,Matthew 15:21-28"

The image painted of Jesus here runs contrary to what the average christian is taught in sunday school. Here, non-Jews are refered to using the metaphor 'dogs'. It is only after an extreme show of faith that Jesus relented and healed the person..

Again Jesus repeats a similar statement, using the 'dogs' methaphor. The use of the dogs metaphor allows one to interpret the verses below as limiting his mission as well:

Do not give what is holy to dogs; and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under foot and tum and maul you Matthew 7:6.

Interestingly this is also found in apocryphal literature, in the gospel of thomas found in 1945, we find a similar statement.

(Jesus said,) "Do not give what is holy to dogs, lest they throw them on the dung heap. Do not throw the pearls (to) swine, lest they...it (...)" (The Gospel ofThomas. In Robinson JM (1990). Page 136)

This statement appears to come from an earlier gospel often named Q (no longer existing), form which the mathew gospel and the gospel of thomas must have sourced.

In another miracle reported, Jesus healed the slave of a Roman Centurion.

After Jesus had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. A centurion there had a slave whom he valued highly, and Who was ill and close to death. When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to him, asking him to come and heal his slave. When they came to Jesus, they appealed to him earnestly, saying, "He is worthy of having you do this for him, for he loves our people, and it is he who built our synagogue for us." And Jesus went with them, but when he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to say to him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; therefore I did not presume to come to you. But only speak the word, and let my servant be healed ... When Jesus heard this he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, he said, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith." When those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.

This is often used as evidence for a universal ministry but let's examine the evidence.

i. The Roman centurion did not, himself, entreat Jesus to heal the slave. Rather, the centurion sent a delegation of Jewish elders to appeal to Jesus.

ii. These Jewish elders were able to make a direct and convincing case for special circumstances, stating that the centurion: loved the Jewish people; and had actually gone to the extremely unusual step of building a synagogue for the Jewish people of Capernaum, no doubt the same synagogue in which Jesus occasionally taught.

iii. The faith just like that of the canaanite woman were impressive and as such Jesus (by the will of Allah) cured them.

The two last examples show the extreme lengths and the exceptional circumstances in which non-jews were given attention.. This exceptional circumstances were the only, he reached out to people outside ' the lost sheep of Israel'.

NEVER IS IT REPORTED THAT JESUS TAUGHT OR PREACHED THE MESSAGE TO NON-JEWS.

Next: The serious flaws in the Universal message theory using the evidence provided for it.

Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by mko2005: 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234:
NEVER IS IT REPORTED THAT JESUS TAUGHT OR PREACHED THE MESSAGE TO NON-JEWS.

God saw the gentile nations before choosing the Jews as HIS own !
He saw every one before Choosing Abraham !
The prophesy had always been that the world would be saved through some one(a Jew)who will be rejected by HIS own people! So Christ came to save the world but first the Jews before the rest of the gentile nations.He played the script of God very very well!
See below his instructions to HIS disciples:

''And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.[b]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations [/b]baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”Mathew 28:18-20
Jesus was the fulfillment of the promises of the Old Testament, given primarily to Jews !
God through history had focused His message through the Jews.
The Jews were the ones knowledgeable in the Old Testament and what God had done to prepare for Jesus, so they would be the best ones to take His message out to the world and NOT the Egyptians !
God was preparing to bring His message to all mankind (Luke 24:47, Acts 1:cool, but God needed to first establish a foundation. The focus on Jews by Christ was to build a stable foundation before it was taken to the Gentiles.
Notice this foundation was really the 12 apostles, not Jews in general. Jesus preaching really was focused on the 12 apostles and not the entire Jewish nations !
To summarize, God worked through the nation of Israel, and this was the foundation for His church. Jesus' purpose, in addition to dying for sins, was to establish His church through His apostles. After His death they freely took His message to all nations and peoples (as seen in Acts 2).But Jesus made it clear that, even though His focus during his ministry were Jews, Gentiles were also welcome and fully accepted with Him in heaven.
See below what Christ said as he commanded HIS disciples:
Acts 1:8 — ''but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth."

Gentiles
1-without Christ,
2-being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
3-and strangers from the covenants of promise,
4-having no hope,
5-and without God in the world:
Jews/Israel
1-Christ came first to Israel
2-Israel the chosen nation
3-God made the covenants with the fathers of Israel
4-Israel had the hope of the resurrection
5-It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
I think from the above,tbaba will see why it has to be that Christ preached to the Jews and instructed HIS disciples to go into the world,infact the remotest part of the earth and proclaim the gospel !

God help us
Re: Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? by tbaba1234: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2013
tbaba1234: The serious flaws in the Universal message theory

Evidence 1.

Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. When they saw him,they worshiped him;but some doubted.And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. Matthew 28:16-20.

Ha!! evidence for a global ministry right?? well wrong.. There are serious problems here.

Serious flaws

i. Mathew says this comes from the mouth of the 'risen Jesus' not Jesus during his earthly ministry. This is very, very peculiar because the term 'risen Jesus' is used in new testament language as a code for someone seeing a 'vision' . We do not have to look too far to see evidence of this. Mr Paul's (Saul of taurus) 'vision' as he traveled from Jerusalem to Damascus. (Acts 9:1-9.)

Clearly a vision can not be given the same importance or given any kind of authority. This raises considerable doubt about the historical accuracy.

ii. This baptism formula related in this verse dates back to time much later than Jesus. According to the bible, the disciples continued to baptize ONLY in the name of Jesus.

Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift ofthe Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38)

The formula indicated in the verse only started been used in the second century after Jesus. ((Dr Jerald Dirks,(2001)).

Therefore, a critical analysis indicates editing and redacting for mathew to force this statementof trinity in the mouth of the 'risen Jesus'

iii. It looks as this verse suffered from even more editing even after the second century.

In the 4th century, Eusebius (4th century CE bishop of Caesarea) has this verse as "baptizing them in my name", instead of "baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Davies IN (1929b).)

iv. If Jesus actually gave this instruction, the historical record indicate that the disciples were very hesitant and flatt out disobeyed.This fact is shown in many new testament verses. In Acts 11:1-18,Peter is chastised by members of the Jerusalem 'church'for eating with gentiles.

This is odd, why should he be chastised if that is an instruction to go to all nations. Galatians 2:1-9 documents the difficulty Paul had in convincing the early Jerusalem "church" to allow him to take the gospel message to the gentiles.

The book of acts, a book strongly inspired by the pauline doctrine records the problems, paul had with the disciples. Jesus' actual disciples explicitly rejected Paul as being a fellow disciple.

When he had come to Jerusalem, he attempted to join the disciples; and they were all afraid of him, for they did not believe that he was a disciple.
Acts 9:26

Paul seemed to face a lot of opposition:

Now those who were scattered because of the persecu tion that took place over Stephen traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus, and Antioch, and they spoke the word to no one except Jews. Acts II:19

The evidence above actually contradicts the message of a universal ministry.

More evidence to come.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Do You Feel The Presence Of God? / Penam Percy Paul Glory Song Series: Which One Is Your Favourite Album And Track. / Stop Joking With Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.