Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" (13052 Views)

Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me / Asiri Ijinle Olorun Pelu Awon Woli Re (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2016
Recently I just observed that olorun or eludumare or oluwa is not the christian god "Yahweh", according to yoruba history, olorun had many sons and daughters, in fact obatala and oduduwa were his sons, but Yahweh had only one son according to the bible. Only if our christian brothers and sisters would know this when they praise olorun in churches.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by solid3(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2016
So what's the Yoruba name for Yahweh?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by thorpido(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2016
Olorun means the Lord of heavens.
It doesn't matter how some people interpret it in their ignorance,the meaning of the word is what is important.

There is only one God and He is Olorun - Lord of heavens.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 20, 2016
Watcha smoke pally

2 Likes

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by YorubaWoman: 10:14am On Feb 20, 2016
Olu orun

Olorun

Aranmo

Owner of heaven
Lord of heaven

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by ifenes(m): 10:15am On Feb 20, 2016
Olorun/ Olu Orun means warrior or cheif warrior of the sky. Which is most likely Extraterrestrial. It is not a name attributed to anyone.

It is silly to pray to Olorun. Just like praying to Earth-People

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2016
thorpido:
It doesn't matter how some people interpret it in their ignorance,the meaning of the word is what is important.

So what you are saying is that I can worship the Christian god by saying praise Zeus or praise Jupiter because they have the same attributes?

4 Likes

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 10:22am On Feb 20, 2016
YorubaWoman:
Olu orun

Olorun

Aranmo

Owner of heaven
Lord of heaven

Same thing Zeus and Jupiter was called

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 10:31am On Feb 20, 2016
solid3:

I can't believe as an athiest I'm the one telling you this. Yahweh is Yahweh. That's his name, you don't need to translate it. He is a god though, but he has a name. Calling him olorun is just like you are worshiping a Yoruba deity. How would you feel if I called you another name just because someone else has your attributes.

6 Likes

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by thorpido(m): 10:33am On Feb 20, 2016
Purerealist:

So what you are saying is that I can worship the Christian god by saying praise Zeus or praise Jupiter because they have the same attributes?
Have the same attributes?
What a Christian needs is understanding.Olu-orun or Olorun means Lord of the heavens.Now how you use it or what it means to you has to do with understanding.

Jesus teaching one day said,'ye worship ye know not what but we know for salvation is of the jews'.Again Jesus said,'ye have not known Him but I have known Him for I came out of Him'.There is a Supreme Being and many believe there is.Knowing Him is a different thing entirely.

It's not about the 'name',it's about having an understanding of Whom He is.When I praise Olorun,I'm praising the Lord of heavens,the One Who sent Jesus?Zeus didn't send Jesus,Jupiter didn't send Jesus!
So you see it's praising with understanding.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by peteregwu(m): 11:04am On Feb 20, 2016
The op has some weed in his head. Why don't we ask him what is God in yoruba? You can tell me yahweh has no yoruba name. In igbo, God is Chineke, so what are you talking about. Abel don't mind this set of Judaism group of people. Mtcheeeeew.....
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by solid3(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Purerealist:

I can't believe as an athiest I'm the one telling you this. Yahweh is Yahweh. That's his name, you don't need to translate it. He is a god though, but he has a name. Calling him olorun is just like you are worshiping a Yoruba deity. How would you feel if I called you another name just because someone else has your attributes.

Now, do u know Yahweh was translated from Yavhe Yavhe?
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by gatiano(m): 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
Yahweh in fullname is Ya-Ba-Hwehu. Which later got reduced to Yahwehu. It means King or Emperor of the light-race people. Yakub was renamed Yahwehu after He had completed making the light-skin races out of the Black People. Yakub/Yahweh is a Blackman, He is about 6200 years old in an Original Black long-lived body. He is around now.

Olorun on the other hand means Owner of heaven as it is implied in the Yoruba language, It is so to hide the original meaning. Every Blackman and Blackwoman is Olorun, because the Black people are a descendants of those who came from the heavens. Our Ancestors built this planet, the other planets and its sun. After this star system/solar system got ready, We came to live on it as we are also in other star-systems.
It is only on this planet(earth) that we made the non-blacks.

Yahweh is also a direct descendant of those who came here several trillion of years ago.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
The distortion, corruption and bastardization of Christianity rises immediately the church choose to translate original hebrew and greek manuscripts into another tongue. Some ancient words do not have direct meaning in other tongues so the closest words are adopted which leads to loose of the original message. A critical example is John 1:1; different scholars have tried to ascertain if 'the word was really, a god or God or a divine one.

Yoruba Christians are one of the worst brainwashed fellas. Alot of words were adopted from tradition. Some praises of God were adopted from Ifa verse. Has anyone noticed this song. . .Oyigiyigi, alade Orun. This Oriki is praising Eledumare through stone which does not relate to Yahweh of the Christians. To the Christians, this is Idolatory.

Eledumare is not Yahweh but though is the name of Yoruba supreme God. Eledumare has lot of sons and wives according to Ifa. Eleduamre does not have a dedicated Shrine or Temple, He does not interfare with human activities like Jehovah. The nature of Eledumare is left because it is not understood. Some Church confused Eledumare supremacy in Yoruba traditional spiritualism for Yahweh. They are different Deities.

Another issue is Eshu which they mistook for Lucifer. Some even pray to their Ori and Eleda confusing it to Olorun. Eleda is Ori and it is a separate deity but Christians fuse all these together as one. . . .they really dont know what they want and who to reach for what they want.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
peteregwu:
The op has some weed in his head. Why don't we ask him what is God in yoruba? You can tell me yahweh has no yoruba name. In igbo, God is Chineke, so what are you talking about. Abel don't mind this set of Judaism group of people. Mtcheeeeew.....

There is no direct translation for the word God in Yoruba. That some people adopted 'Olorun' which mean 'the chief of heaven' does not mean it is God of the Christians.

God is from the greek word theos. It refer to a revered someone or something. The bible called Judges God. The bible called Money God. The bible called Humans God. Some people consider River, trees, animals or mountains as their God. This is very correct.

While all those entities can be reffered to as God, no Yoruba person will refer to them as Olorun while because Olorun is not the direct translation of God.

Olorun is a supremacy title for Eledumare. Orisha are God but not Olorun. Eledumare held the supreme post among other Gods. That cannot be said of your bloodthirsty beast which you worship.

Yoruba Christians should know that stealing Yoruba words will only bastardizes Christianity. The evidence is glaring. Christianity is dying in Yorubaland not because the number of Church is reducing but because Isese is crippling into the church. Have you for once noticed white garment chruch are now embracing in Iseese?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
thorpido:
Have the same attributes?
What a Christian needs is understanding.Olu-orun or Olorun means Lord of the heavens.Now how you use it or what it means to you has to do with understanding.

Jesus teaching one day said,'ye worship ye know not what but we know for salvation is of the jews'.Again Jesus said,'ye have not known Him but I have known Him for I came out of Him'.There is a Supreme Being and many believe there is.Knowing Him is a different thing entirely.

It's not about the 'name', it's about having an understanding of Whom He is.When I praise Olorun,I'm praising the Lord of heavens,the One Who sent Jesus?Zeus didn't send Jesus,Jupiter didn't send Jesus!
So you see it's praising with understanding.

This is arrant nonsense. You Christians are very pathetic elements.

Even from the bible, Jehovah declared that he will make his name known to his people. He didnt instruct you guys to go about stealing and adopting other God's names.

"Call upon his name,” states the Bible. "Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high.”— Isaiah 12:4. Did he mentioned that you should know him with other Gods' names?

Jesus used God’s name. In prayer, Jesus told Jehovah: “I have made your name known to them [Jesus’ disciples] and will make it known.” Why did Jesus make the divine name known to his disciples? Why didnt he adopt other names like Sango or Thor?

The Bible says: “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”— Romans 10:13. God is not the samething as Olorun. They are quite different.

When you praise Olorun, your praises go to Olorun and not Jehovah. When you praise your Ori (Eleda), your praises go to Ori and not Jehovah.

I also read one of the crap you posted. If salvation si of the jew, why do you follow the jew? Are you a jew? Is Yoruba now part of Jew? Some Christians don sell their brain for salvation fantasy. Wait, what are you been saved from sef?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
solid3:

Nonsense.

There is no Yoruba name for Yahweh and that does not mean you should call Yahweh Olorun. They are not same personality.

The fact that Sango share the same atribute with Amahodia and Thor does not make them the same. This is the point you christians are missing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
thorpido:

There is nothing like there is only one God.

The bible stated in 1 Cor 8:5 that there are many God and Lord both in heaven and earth.

The bible stated that each nation shall walk in the name of their God. Olorun is the title for Eledumare which is a Yoruba God. Christians should go with their nameless beast.

And who said their is only one Lord of heavens? Are there no Elders in heaven? Are there no queen of heavens? Christians are dumb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by thorpido(m): 9:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

There is nothing like there is only one God.

The bible stated in 1 Cor 8:5 that there are many God and Lord both in heaven and earth.

The bible stated that each nation shall walk in the name of their God. Olorun is the title for Eledumare which is a Yoruba God. Christians should go with their nameless beast.

And who said their is only one Lord of heavens? Are there no Elders in heaven? Are there no queen of heavens?I sound dumb
Anyone can write fiction so i understand you perfectly.
I did a modification for you,don't forget to thank me.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
thorpido:
Anyone can write fiction so i understand you perfectly.
I did a modification for you,don't forget to thank me.

Rev 22:28

If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

Christians like you are really dumb. The bible is right calling you fools sheep. . .you are dumb just like a sheep

2 Likes

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by hglmkope(f): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
It is important to note that the "art of worship" is based on the state of your heart with whoever you are worshiping. As Christians, do you imagine obatala or any god that the op is referring to whenever you say olorun. Please don't cause confusion, my God is not a God of confusion. As for me, whenever I say "Olorun mi", I think of my Father and my God, the creator of heaven and earth; the one one who has remain faithful to me and others alike despite our unfaithfulness; the one who loved me so much and gave up His son for my salvation.

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by thorpido(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Rev 22:28

If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

Christians like you are really dumb. The bible is right calling you fools sheep. . .you are dumb just like a sheep
I know your antecedents.Now you're sounding like the yaba left residents.

Go and take your drugs
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by hglmkope(f): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2016
It is important to note that the "art of worship" is based on the state of your heart with whoever you are worshiping. As Christians, do you imagine obatala or any god that the op is referring to whenever you say olorun. Please don't cause confusion, my God is not a God of confusion. As for me, whenever I say "Olorun mi", I think of my Father and my God, the creator of heaven and earth; the one one who has remain faithful to me and others alike despite our unfaithfulness; the one who loved me so much and gave up His son for my salvation.

Purerealist:
Recently I just observed that olorun or eludumare or oluwa is not the christian god "Yahweh", according to yoruba history, olorun had many sons and daughters, in fact obatala and oduduwa were his sons, but Yahweh had only one son according to the bible. Only if our christian brothers and sisters would know this when they praise olorun in churches.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by bigfootdreams: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
This is too much talk, if I should agree with you then no one should read any translation of the Bible, even KJV... every Christian should not read the Hebrew/greek versions. The Bible was translated to Yoruba language by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther and I'm sure he knew what he was translating. for example, 'Esu' in the Yoruba tradition is different and plays a different role from 'Satan' in the Jewish or English Bible. But both 'esu & satan' play almost the same role in their various tradition.
Just think about it, how on earth would Bishop Ajayi translate the character of 'satan' in the Bible to the yoruba tradition without involving the character of 'esu' in the Yoruba tradition. Just relate this analogy to the concept of 'Olorun' and 'Yahweh', there's no need to make this a big deal.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by gatiano(m): 10:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
The Blackman and the Blackwoman is the Orisha, The Eledumare or The Olodumare, The Olorun or Olohun, The Alpha and the Omega. They are the ones from where the universe (this one, that previous ones, and the future universes) came out from- This is the Fundamental and the Universal truth. The greatest truth of all truths.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by scholes0(m): 11:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Olodumare, Olofi and Olorun are Yoruba manifestations of the Supreme God.
Note: These is not the God in the bible, which is a jewish tradition. Their own God is Jehovah or Yahweh.

Also Esu is not Satan or Shaytan.
Esu is the Yoruba conduit God between The realm of the Gods and the Realm of man, while shaytan is the Jewish/Arab 'Anti-God" character.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 11:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
The distortion, corruption and bastardization of Christianity rises immediately the church choose to translate original hebrew and greek manuscripts into another tongue. Some ancient words do not have direct meaning in other tongues so the closest words are adopted which leads to loose of the original message. A critical example is John 1:1; different scholars have tried to ascertain if 'the word was really, a god or God or a divine one.

Yoruba Christians are one of the worst brainwashed fellas. Alot of words were adopted from tradition. Some praises of God were adopted from Ifa verse. Has anyone noticed this song. . .Oyigiyigi, alade Orun. This Oriki is praising Eledumare through stone which does not relate to Yahweh of the Christians. To the Christians, this is Idolatory.

Eledumare is not Yahweh but though is the name of Yoruba supreme God. Eledumare has lot of sons and wives according to Ifa. Eleduamre does not have a dedicated Shrine or Temple, He does not interfare with human activities like Jehovah. The nature of Eledumare is left because it is not understood. Some Church confused Eledumare supremacy in Yoruba traditional spiritualism for Yahweh. They are different Deities.

Another issue is Eshu which they mistook for Lucifer. Some even pray to their Ori and Eleda confusing it to Olorun. Eleda is Ori and it is a separate deity but Christians fuse all these together as one. . . .they really dont know what they want and who to reach for what they want.

Thank you my brother, it seemed as if I was alone in the research, I'm glad you understand my post.

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
gatiano:
The Blackman and the Blackwoman is the Orisha, The Eledumare or The Olodumare, The Olorun or Olohun, The Alpha and the Omega. They are the ones from where the universe (this one, that previous ones, and the future universes) came out from- This is the Fundamental and the Universal truth. The greatest truth of all truths.

Wow! I didn't even know about this, thanks.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by maverickboy: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
Purerealist:

Thank you my brother, it seemed as if I was alone in the research, I'm glad you understand my post.
Do Yorubas have no God/Creator, what do they call it?

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 11:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
maverickboy:
Do Yorubas have no God/Creator, what do they call it?

Ofcos they call it eledumare or olodumare or olorun.

1 Like

Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by peteregwu(m): 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Many are being deceived here. You guys don't even know who God is. Jesus came to reveal who God truly is. He said, "if you have seen me, you have seen my father also." which means that God has revealed himself to us through Jesus, in other words Jesus is God almighty. Now the name of God is Jesus and that is why the Bible says, "at he name if Jesus, every kneel shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father. Philippians 2:10.

It is quite obvious that the reason God reveal his true name and his personality to us is for us not to be deceived. Now in Christian we have salvation and not in angels nor any man or creature, but Jesus alone. Another prove that Jesus is God. We don't have 2 or three Gods. All we have is only one God and the three are one; the father, son(word or Jesus) and the Holy spirit(which is the spirit of Christ).

So friends don't be deceived by Judaism, Islam, or any other religion. This is end time. For the name of Jesus is irreplaceable for any other name. Forget the yahweh and don't be confused and deceived by the agent of darkness.
Re: To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" by Purerealist: 11:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
peteregwu:
Many are being deceived here. You guys don't even know who God is. Jesus came to reveal who God truly is. He said, "if you have seen me, you have seen my father also." which means that God has revealed himself to us through Jesus, in other words Jesus is God almighty. Now the name of God is Jesus and that is why the Bible says, "at he name if Jesus, every kneel shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of the Father. Philippians 2:10.

It is quite obvious that the reason God reveal his true name and his personality to us is for us not to be deceived. Now in Christian we have salvation and not in angels nor any man or creature, but Jesus alone. Another prove that Jesus is God. We don't have 2 or three Gods. All we have is only one God and the three are one; the father, son(word or Jesus) and the Holy spirit(which is the spirit of Christ).

So friends don't be deceived by Judaism, Islam, or any other religion. This is end time. For the name of Jesus is irreplaceable for any other name. Forget the yahweh and don't be confused and deceived by the agent of darkness.

Really? Are you shitting me right now?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

As A Believer Is It Good To Pray For Your Enemy To Die? / 2023: Tinubu & Osinbajo Will Fight - Primate Ayodele / Face To Face With Hate Islamic Preacher, Professor Dauda Ojobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.