Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Classic Quotes From Classic Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Classic Quotes From Classic Movies (1208 Views)

Watch Or Download Nollywood 90s Classic Movies / Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Classic Quotes From Classic Movies by rhowly(m): 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Personally a sucker for good conversation in movies and i find that old movies are a touch better. Here's one from a movie done in the 50s.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS feat Charlton Heston (two time academy award winner). Conversation takes place in the midian desert between Moses and Zipporah (his future wife)

Zipporah: which of my sisters did you choose?
Moses: I made no choice Zipporah
Zipporah: She was very beautiful, this woman of Egypt who left her scar upon your heart.
Her skin was as white as curd
Her eyes as green as the cedars of lebanon
Her lips tamarisk honey
Like the breast of a dove her arms were soft and the wine of desire was in her veins

Moses: Yes, she was very beautiful as a jewel

Zipporah: A jewel has brilliant fire but gives no warmth
Our hands are not so soft but they can serve
Our bodies not so white but they are strong
Our lips are not perfumed but they speak the truth
LOVE IS NOT AN ART TO US, ITS LIFE TO US
We are not dressed in gold and fine linen, STRENGTH AND HONOR ARE OUR CLOTHING
Our tents are not the column talls of Egypt but our children play happily before them
We can offer you little but we offer all we have

Moses: I have not little Zipporah, i have nothing

Zipporah: NOTHING FROM SOME IS MORE THAN GOLD FROM OTHERS
Moses: You would fill the emptiness in my heart?

Zipporah: I could not fill all of it Moses but i shall not be jealous of a memory...

*Moses slowly takes her right hand and wraps a wedding cord round her wrist*
Absolutely breathtaking five minutes.

Post your favorite quotes from your favorite movies
Re: Classic Quotes From Classic Movies by tpia5: 3:45am On Sep 15, 2013
lots in austen:

Amanda Price: You're better than this! I know you are because I've had you in my head, Fitzwilliam Darcy, since I was 12 years old. So why are you behaving like such a total git? Jane has no money. So what? Bingley's got stacks! What right have you to trash their love because of an... accident of birth?

Mr. Darcy: There is no accident in birth.

Amanda Price: Do you know what I am so angry?

Mr. Darcy: You were born thus.

Amanda Price: I've been in love with your life for 14 years. Cut my heart out, Darcy. It's your name written on it with Elizabeth's. God Almighty, here you are! One half the greatest love story ever told. You! And do you know what? You don't deserve her.

Mr. Darcy: Is this interview concluded? It is so difficult to tell.

Amanda Price: You are such a disappointment, I can hardly bear to look at you!

Mr. Darcy: A deprivation I shall endure as stoically as I can.

Amanda Price: You're so relentless unpleasant! I just can't get at the real you!

Mr. Darcy: Madam! Behold, Fitzwilliam Darcy. I am what I am. If you find yourself unable to 'get at' an alternative version, I must own to being glad. I despise the intrusions of a woman so singularly dedicated to mendacity, disorder and lewdness. They repel me. You repel me. You are an abomination, Madam. Good afternoon to you.

Amanda Price: [after Darcy leaves] If I dream about him tonight, I shall be really angry! I'm going to dream about him. Hateful man!

1 Like

Re: Classic Quotes From Classic Movies by tpia5: 3:53am On Sep 15, 2013
Mr Collins informs Amanda: I could not entertain a union in which the dowry was founded on fruits of the sea! The disciplines episcopal, if I might peek a little into my own future and piscatorial could never combine with propriety. You understand!!

Amanda: No...

Mr Collins: A man marked for a bishop's ring could never marry the daughter of a fishmongerrrr! It will not do!
Re: Classic Quotes From Classic Movies by rhowly(m): 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Beautiful post...I must see that movie smiley
Re: Classic Quotes From Classic Movies by tpia5: 4:25am On Sep 18, 2013
thanks, its one of the best overall adaptations of pride and prejudice i've seen in recent times.

absolutely nothing doesnt go wrong, but they somehow manage to twist it all together at the end.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Find Out Actors Who’ve Played James Bond / How To Transfer Data From Samsung Galaxy To Iphone 6 Easily? / The Evolution Of Hugh Jackman As Logan (the Wolverine)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.