Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... (39735 Views)

Where To Download Movies & TV Series On Mobile Phones / Watch And Download All Foreign Movies, TV Shows And Series Online free / Looking For A Nigerian Classic Called Gazulla! Im Willing To Pay For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
I am awash with nostalgia and wondering if I will ever again see some of the fantastic works of art that have both graced our screens in the form of TV series $ home videos. The late 80s and 90s were especially great times for such in my opinion. I grew up in a family where we watched a lot of these movies/TV series together and my mum especially never lost the opportunity to give us a lecture on whatever we watched if she felt one was appropriate.

There are some very good movies/TV series that I'd pay top $ to see back on our screens. I hope NTA will wake up from their slumber one day and reissue some of these excellent works art on disc, finally, here's to the death of reality TV sooner rather than later angry.

Youtube has been helpful somewhat but not quite as helpful as I'd like. My all time favourite serial is Owuro lojo, written and produced by the duo of Soji and Bunmi Oyinsan and starring Joke Silva, Peju Omobolanle & Salome Eketunde. It chronicled the lives of these women from their teens to womanhood in ways you can only imagine. I found and still find the theme song especially moving and the 'ewi' part always made me break out in goose pimples.

I hope someone can tell me where to find it on disc........ here's the only clip I found on Youtube. Let's share some of these great TV moments here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbT5A8kIhgw

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by KayDee4: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2012
NTA Ch 7 ? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
Kay-Dee:
NTA Ch 7 ? grin

Yes o NTA 7.

Pete Edochie is considered a legend by many and what earned him that status is none other than 'Things fall apart'. Thankfully, it's available on Youtube and I may have watched it too many times than I wish to admit.

The theme song is also quite eerie, in fact as a child I used to be so scared of it especially the part with the ghosts. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7FS95IcRNU

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by CHANCEMAN: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
Which tv drama in the years 2001-2003 featured a troublesome character Egejuru.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by iceburg4u: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
pls are u on fb, hw can i find u
naijababe: I am awash with nostalgia and wondering if I will ever again see some of the fantastic works of art that have both graced our screens in the form of TV series $ home videos. The late 80s and 90s were especially great times for such in my opinion. I grew up in a family where we watched a lot of these movies/TV series together and my mum especially never lost the opportunity to give us a lecture on whatever we watched if she felt one was appropriate.

There are some very good movies/TV series that I'd pay top $ to see back on our screens. I hope NTA will wake up from their slumber one day and reissue some of these excellent works art on disc, finally, here's to the death of reality TV sooner rather than later angry.

Youtube has been helpful somewhat but not quite as helpful as I'd like. My all time favourite serial is Owuro lojo, written and produced by the duo of Soji and Bunmi Oyinsan and starring Joke Silva, Peju Omobolanle & Salome Eketunde. It chronicled the lives of these women from their teens to womanhood in ways you can only imagine. I found and still find the theme song especially moving and the 'ewi' part always made me break out in goose pimples.

I hope someone can tell me where to find it on disc........ here's the only clip I found on Youtube. Let's share some of these great TV moments here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbT5A8kIhgw
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Tears in Heaven (It was about 4 sisters whose parents died and they went to live with their uncle....at some point they got into a singing competition where they sang egwu Chineke...the eldest sister died at the end)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
ItsModella: Tears in Heaven (It was about 4 sisters whose parents died and they went to live with their uncle....at some point they got into a singing competition where they sang egwu Chineke...the eldest sister died at the end)

Hmmmm, never heard of this one. When was it aired?

iceburg4u: pls are u on fb, hw can i find u

Find me ke? Wetin I do?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
Mega Fortunes...........they don't make soaps like this anymore. Liz Benson and Regina were the show stealer of course

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 07, 2012
naijababe:

Hmmmm, never heard of this one. When was it aired?

Find me ke? Wetin I do?
I think it was either 2001/2002. This is the only website where I could find the full movie http://video.onlinenigeria.com/drama/adHK.asp?blurb=21
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by dominique(f): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
ItsModella: Tears in Heaven (It was about 4 sisters whose parents died and they went to live with their uncle....at some point they got into a singing competition where they sang egwu Chineke...the eldest sister died at the end)

that movie was a masterpiece- i still watched it recently. i just couldnt but compare now with then. they just dont make movies like they used to.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:21pm On Apr 28, 2013

[size=14pt]Did their uncle's wife maltreat them in this movie and did any of them sell Agege bread and got r.aped. I have a feeling i've watched this movie.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]Did their uncle's wife maltreat them in this movie and did any of them sell Agege bread and got r.aped. I have a feeling i've watched this movie.
[/size]
yep, that's the movie.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
ItsModella:
yep, that's the movie.

[size=14pt]That movie was the BOMB.

The movies that i watched in the late 90s and early millenia are better than the crap i see now.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 28, 2013
Everyone should watch blood sisters. It has omotola, genevieve and paitence.

One of the best movies I've seen IMO.

This was my first Nigerian movie.

I think it came out around 2002/03.

It's on YouTube by the way.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2013
I don't think there's anyone who hasn't seen Blood sisters. Blood sisters and Diamond ring, two movies that I remember were on the lips of everyone.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
adaobi123: Everyone should watch blood sisters. It has omotola, genevieve and paitence.

[size=14pt]I've watched it...

Patience Ozokwo liked Genevieve(bad girl) and hated Omotola(good girl)

The movie was really good and i think it was the first movie that Genevieve and Omotola did together.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
adaobi123: Everyone should watch blood sisters. It has omotola, genevieve and paitence.

An okay movie with respect to movies in that era. Go and find Mortal Inheritance. Omotola is yet to reproduce her performance in that movie in my books

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
ItsModella: I don't think there's anyone who hasn't seen Blood sisters. Blood sisters and Diamond ring, two movies that I remember were on the lips of everyone.

[size=14pt]A particular TV station showed Diamond Ring in series and it was cool to watch again.
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
naijababe:

An okay movie with respect to movies in that era. Go and find Mortal Inheritance. Omotola is yet to reproduce her performance in that movie in my books

[size=14pt]Is it not the one she did with Kenneth Okonkwo and Kesse Jabari?
[/size]
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]A particular TV station showed Diamond Ring in series and it was cool to watch again.
[/size]

Tade Ogidan is just too good. Diamond ring was really good too.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]I've watched it...

Patience Ozokwo liked Genevieve(bad girl) and hated Omotola(good girl)

The movie was really good and i think it was the first movie that Genevieve and Omotola did together.
[/size]

Yeah. I loved it. Watched it over 5 times. Classic movie.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
Diamond ring is a masterpiece and the movie was SO popular, so so popular. If you hadn't seen it, you were on a long thing.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
naijababe:

I'll go and check it out.

Is it on YouTube ?
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:

[size=14pt]Is it not the one she did with Kenneth Okonkwo and Kesse Jabari?
[/size]

No. It was with Fred Amata, Kunle Bamtefa and Madam Kofo of second chance were her parents. It was her first movie.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:47pm On Apr 28, 2013

[size=14pt]Who watched Regina Askia's full moon?
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
adaobi123:

I'll go and check it out.

Is it on YouTube ?

It is on dailymotion, I watched again a few weeks ago.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[/size]
God, I remember that movie. That movie was SCARY!! and I watched it at night on top.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[/size]

I did. That movie made me believe that girl na winch for real grin
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Afam4eva(m): 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
naijababe:

No. It was with Fred Amata, Kunle Bamtefa and Madam Kofo of second chance were her parents. It was her first movie.
I remembeer now. The movie was veery popular in the 90s...o girl, Omosexy don gbo for this industry oo.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I remembeer now. The movie was veery popular in the 90s...o girl, Omosexy don gbo for this industry oo.

Yes o. Was in 96 I think and she won the best actress award for her role too.
Re: Nigerian Classic Movies/ TV Series......... by Nobody: 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
naijababe:

It is on dailymotion, I watched again a few weeks ago.

Thank you smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biggie & Ebuka Blasted Over Pere & Angel Eviction Game / BBNaija: Profiles Of Efe, Tboss, Bisola, Marvis, Debie-Rise (25M & SUV) / BBNaija: Frodd And Esther Kiss During DarlingNG Runway Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.