Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Are You Thankful For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are You Thankful For? (1591 Views)

Things To Be Thankful For / What Are You Thankful For? Sister Leading Worship With No Hands (PHOTO) / Big Question Fellow Nairalanders, What Are You Thankful For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
We all have our down days, but even when the going gets tough, there are always things to be thankful for. When I am down on my luck and the chips are low, instead of getting really low down and depressed, I think about the things in my life that are true blessings. I have lots of things to be thankful for each and every day, and I am sure that you do, too. So, when I am feeling a little bit down in the dumps, I keep these blessings in mind.

1. WAKING UP

Hey, it may sound silly, but waking up really is one of the things to be thankful for. When you feel like you are really, super low down, just remember how lucky you are that you were able to wake up, get out of bed and go through your day.

2. MY SENSES

If you have your sense of taste, sight, hearing, smell and touch, you are very lucky indeed. Imagine how much more difficult life would be if you couldn't hear the sound of beautiful music or see the faces of your loved ones? Or if you couldn't taste your favorite ice cream? The senses are truly something to be thankful for each and every day.

3. SHELTER

The homeless always strike a chord in my heart. I cannot imagine what it would feel like not to have a roof over my head to shelter me from the elements, or a place to feel safe and secure. My home is not palatial by any means, but it is mine, it keeps me safe and secure - and I am so extremely thankful each and every time I pull up into the driveway.

4. FOOD

It's a funny thing really; I complain that I am not thin enough, or that I could drop a few pounds, but the truth of the matter is that I should be thankful for the little bulge around my waist. This bulge means that I have more than enough food in my belly, which is something to certainly be thankful for.

5. THE ABILITY TO READ AND WRITE

As a former literacy teacher, I find it quite astounding how many people - and I'm talking grown adults - don't know how to read or write. I am thankful every day that I have the ability to read for information and understanding, and for pleasure. It may seem like second nature to me, but I do realize that being literate truly is a gift.

6. MY JOB

I don't make a ton of money, and there are days that I do get frustrated with my work; however, despite how frustrated I get and despite the fact that I don't have gobs of money to go on elaborate vacations and buy the latest fashions, I am always grateful for the work that I do have. I am not only blessed to have a job, but I really am passionate about my job, and I get to work from home.

7. MY LOVED ONES

I have an incredible children , an amazing husband, supportive family and siblings and reliable friends. I consider my loved ones my biggest blessing and because of them, I am one of the richest people in the entire world.

It is completely natural to get a little blue time and again. The next time you feel blue, try thinking of the things in your life that you are super thankful for.

What are you most thankful for? smiley

( Again culled from community Blog)

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by wemeri: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
My Life

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Andyblaze: 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
The Fact That Am Third To Comment
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by k2039: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
My Crush on Nairaland

You know yourself and I know you will read this.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Maipride(f): 5:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
†ђξ gift of life....
Sound health....
Most people dnt knw †ђξ cost of sound health...hummm...just ask does who don't av it.

Lord,am greatful.

2 Likes

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
K2039... I think I know who that is wink
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Tovot: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
The Grace of God that sustains myself and my loved ones,without it we would be nothing!smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by k2039: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
jidegirl12: K2039... I think I know who that is wink
For your mind you are Omniscient, mtchew.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Tovot: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
ah-ah,there's no need to be guffy bout it,atleast she didnt say the person's name. smiley
k2039: For your mind you are Omniscient, mtchew.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2013

tongue cool

Tovot: ah-ah,there's no need to be guffy bout it,atleast she didnt say the person's name. smiley

grin grin

Ehem.. Back to Topic
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by bellong: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
For the joy of salvation, hope of eternal life and gift of a beautiful life with family.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by damiso(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
For the gift of health.For my Family and most of all knowing that the Almighty God has my back smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
Grateful for the gift of life!!

Grateful for this peace of mind!!

Thank You Lord.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
k2039:
[s]For your mind you are Omniscient, mtchew.[/s]

Immature

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Chinwem(f): 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
Life, good health, family

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
Wetin do u? U smoke? undecided
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
@topic

Life,health,family, fans grin and foooooood

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by judii(f): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
I'm thankful 4 the gift of life which superceeds all other gifts. Lord, I am forever grateful. Thank u, Jesus!

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Mrsmansson(f): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Have been down tho.Had a miscarriage and my hubby was and still not around.i felt so depressed and alone.Thankful for life and Most especially God cos he blessed me with all the good things i have.

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by crackhaus: 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
Idowuogbo: @topic

Life,health,family, fans grin and foooooood
I see you EYES!
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
crackhaus:
I see you EYES!
I can't see u... Ur nickname na eclipse? lipsrsealed
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by crackhaus: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I can't see u... Ur nickname na eclipse? lipsrsealed
Forget about the nickname. It's only a nickname, plenty thinking no dey go into am...

But I still see you!
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
crackhaus:
Forget about the nickname. It's only a nickname, plenty thinking no dey go into am...

But I still see you!
Ok!
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
It is well Mrs. Manson , Lord will grant you the fortitude to get over this phase.. We are thinking about you, you are not alone kiss
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by baby124: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mrs mansson: Have been down tho.Had a miscarriage and my hubby was and still not around.i felt so depressed and alone.Thankful for life and Most especially God cos he blessed me with all the good things i have.

awww. kiss kiss kiss

Op,
wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Mrs mansson: Have been down tho.Had a miscarriage and my hubby was and still not around.i felt so depressed and alone.Thankful for life and Most especially God cos he blessed me with all the good things i have.
Sadness,rain,wailing may all come in d night but joy,sunshine and laughter comes in d morning.
Take heart sweetie

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by bellong: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
@Mrs Mansson,

Affliction shall not arise the second time. Very soon, your heart and mouth will be filled with testimonies... Babies are on the way and this time no miscarriage... It is well with you

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by slimyem: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2013
EVERYTHING that I am and have and the ones that are yet to come. cool
Re: What Are You Thankful For? by Mrsmansson(f): 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
Thanks Everyone. smiley

1 Like

Re: What Are You Thankful For? by deols(f): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
Everything.

Cannot start to mention.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dytbabe, Come In Here To Chat With Me in family section / Why Do Ladies Make Fun Of Their Fellow Pregnant Women? / 179 Years: Meet The Oldest Man In The World Living In India (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.