Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,825 members, 7,956,118 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. (28558 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Iriruaga100(m): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2013
Naija politics sef......If this is true,then the vote in d north will be divided b/t d three parties n this will be easier fr jonathan.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by canalily(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2013
undecided well soon only GEJ will be the one man standing !
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2013
emmasege: If all these people mentioned evetually pitch their tents in the new party, then i can say this is the real opposition to PDP. APC is miles below these folks in terms of popularity, networking and resources. PDP should rather watch out for this party and not the sectional APC that has even crashed ever b4 it took off.
grin you just sit back and watch,allow the masters of the game to play their games then you will understand it better.one thing I can only say now is "the end justifies the means"

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Judas2013: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2013
It will be down to which thief do we vote in.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by nkemKalu: 9:56am On Aug 15, 2013
texaco1: I said it right from the beginning APC will lose massively in the forthcoming elections I am sure they will drop one state in the south west,if this news is true what it means is that 3 big parties will be slugging it out in the north and with these 5 northern govs APC should forget those states the remaining will be shared between PDP and the rest and definitely PDP will win a larger portion,in the south east with the recent development of fashola deporting ibos and the whole issue been blown out of proportion it will be a miracle if APC wins 2 states in that region.final verdict is that AC N simply played into the hands of PDP
.....Daydreamers..........U people are not seeing the dead end of PDP. PDP is dead and will soon be buried

2 Likes

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by igala1(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2013
This is good news for our democracy and bad news for PDP. The APC with 11 states would eventually go into an alliance with PPM with 5 states under a serious compromise. Except PDP puts its house in order GEJ may never win a landslide like 2011.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by ochejoseph(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2013
False Alarm-
they won't try it its political suicide
List of those who tried and failed
1. Buhari CPC ended in factions
2 Atiku AcN. Used and dumped by Tinubu
3. Orji Uzor Kalu - PPA - suceeded but hunted out by his boys leaving PPA dead
4.Bafarawa -DPP was disgraced at the polls
5.Saraki ACPN- was disgraced by his own son
6 .Daniel : PPN embarrassed at the polls
7.Nyame Boni and ,Onoja can tell us more about their Voyage
I must admit its not a lone ranger uprising this time only time can tell!!!!!!!
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Beaf1: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2013
The people behind this new party are ALL PDP governors/members. If that is correct then which party is going to suffer loss of members/electorates? I guess it is same PDP.

^
If the above is true then how the hell is APC affected

For God's sake they leaving PDP to form a new party that means a MINUS for PDP. And what if at the end of the day the socalled PPM decides to merge with APC? Will that also be a free ride for GEJ/PDP?

3 Likes

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Chino48: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2013
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan will be on the seat till 2019. It is only God that gives POWER. God have given the power to the shoeless, humble Otuoke born minority from the creeks of Niger Delta to rule over us. The same God will see him through to 2019.

They will surely gather......
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by fagbalex(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2013
rozayx5: nah waoh, people setting up political parties daily for their personal benefits, Nigeria is doomed undecided

you're extremely wrong, please did you know what democracy is? beside without more competitive and comprehensive political party to tackle those in power, it can't entrench our democracy culture. lets say no to PDP role in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by saudatu(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2013
Hello guyz, I think you are getting it wrong because those PDP governors moving to create a new party will further divide PDP (Jonathan) votes come 2015 and that will give APC edge. Think about it
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2013
nkem Kalu: .....Daydreamers..........U people are not seeing the dead end of PDP. PDP is dead and will soon be buried
Day dreamers ,abi?we shall see

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Melancholy(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2013
chukwudi44: This move by Atiku would benefit GEJ by splitting the northern votes while he coasts home to victory.
Even without PPM, APC has make the wrong choice by choosing buhari to co mpete with Gej come 2015
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by eagleeye2: 10:10am On Aug 15, 2013
chukwudi44: This move by Atiku would benefit GEJ by splitting the northern votes while he coasts home to victory.
The opposition parties are just a confused bunch.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2013
saudatu: Hello guyz, I think you are getting it wrong because those PDP governors moving to create a new party will further divide PDP (Jonathan) votes come 2015 and that will give APC edge. Think about it
You are still not getting the picture,this was exactly the same thing obj did in 2003 ,but I won't go into that now.if this news is true APC will be the loser ,but let's just wait and see.I can see some big hands moving the chess board players here
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by fagbalex(m): 10:17am On Aug 15, 2013
its quite unfortunate that majority of nairalanders are PDP.
the party that lead this country to this level, despite the fact, some ethnic, religious, and tribal bigots are still shouting the party simply because of there discrimination and detestation.
God almighty will save our country 9Ja

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2013
fagbalex: its quite unfortunate that majority of nairalanders are PDP.
the party that lead this country to this level, despite the fact, some ethnic, religious, and tribal bigots are still shouting the party simply because of there discrimination and detestation.
God almighty will save our country 9Ja
This post only proves that PDP still enjoys a huge popular support among nigerians .thank you
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by bknight: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2013
The best gambit for PDP is to get Fashola on board, however problematic/impossible that might be! And step GEJ down.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by kakakibuy(m): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2013

My thots exactly. Naija which way??
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by lavivifubs: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2013
Wait a minute! Let us, the voters, ponder and ask these people who are parading themselves as politicians. Do not get me wrong, I am not referring to just members of the PDP, APC, PPM or others. I am referring to every person who claims to belong to a Political Party. WHAT IS THE POITICAL IDEOLOGY THAT IS MAKING THEM WORK TOGETHER? Why is it that some so called politians have traversed several political parties, all in a bid to get into elective positions or eat from the table of politicians? Do these people know that what makes a polical party different from other groups, apart from winning elections, is to have same political ideology? What is the politcal ideology of the PDP? What is the political ideology of the APC? What is the political ideology of the PPM? In the US, people stick to particular political parties because of their ideologies. That is why you can say "This is a Republican" or "This is a Democrat". What will I call a person in PDP, APC or PPM? Then what will I call a person that has moved from one party to the other?

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by OsunOriginal: 10:35am On Aug 15, 2013

Don't deceive yourself, it is PDP that will suffer by reducing it to a regional party.

Just like 2011, if Buhari contests, majority of northerners will vote for him why the rest which should have gone to PDP will now go to PDM. There will be nothing for PDP in the north and rigging will be impossible.

South West is APC and nothing will stop that.

Hence, I am waiting to see how Igbo/Ijaw votes will make GEJ the president in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by nkemKalu: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2013
I just don't know how people blindly look at politics. A whole 9 (nine) PDP Governors moving out of the party and people are saying it will give Goodluck Jonathan an edge? How? First, lets assume they form a new Party and decided to give the ticket for the Presidency to a south Easterner? What is the faith of JONATHAN with Buhari contesting on the platform of APC in the North?......and don't forget that ROTIMI AMAECHI from the South South is one of them. Secondly, I just don't know if u pple don't remember that these are people who are at loggerhead with the PDP leadership and can go into alliance with APC and don't forget that most of them voted for Amaechi in NGF election so instead of being seen as sympathetic to APC for now they would rather form a new party to get an alliance later......and they can never ever work with GEJ or PDP since they are insisting he must step down in 2015. BUHARI Holds the ace in the core north anytime any day and with TINUBU and BRF in the south West.........APC will win (Particularly if they give the ticket to BUHARI/FASHOLA. Again, if the new party decides to look at the middle belt for a presidential material.....again GEJ is dead and will be buried with PDP as he will be worst hit by it. But all in all...the scenario is still interesting and is only tilting against GEJ and PDP in general.

5 Likes

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2013
Beaf!:
The people behind this new party are ALL PDP governors/members. If that is correct then which party is going to suffer loss of members/electorates? I guess it is same PDP.

^
If the above is true then how the hell is APC affected

For God's sake they leaving PDP to form a new party that means a MINUS for PDP. And what if at the end of the day the socalled PPM decides to merge with APC? Will that also be a free ride for GEJ/PDP?

You still dont get it, do u? Though everything is still sketchy, I could tell u that this is going to pay PDP at the presidential level than any other party.
The North are more likely going to vote for a Northerner than any other person in the forth coming elections. Buhari is counting on that fact. Now if someone equally as popular as Buhari, a person like Atiku, for instance, runs with another party's ticket, that will severely weaken Buhari.
As to whether the new party would merge with APC in the end, that remains to be seen. That is why this is all a game, isnt it? There is so much permutations to consider. We will never know until 2015.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by joiousjoy: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2013
gej is favoured cos he will 2 rule til 2013
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by nkemKalu: 10:48am On Aug 15, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

You still dont get it, do u? Though everything is still sketchy, I could tell u that this is going to pay PDP at the presidential level than any other party.
The North are more likely going to vote for a Northerner than any other person in the forth coming elections. Buhari is counting on that fact. Now if someone equally as popular as Buhari, a person like Atiku, for instance, runs with another party's ticket, that will severely weaken Buhari.
As to whether the new party would merge with APC in the end, that remains to be seen. That is why this is all a game, isnt it? There is so much permutations to consider. We will never know until 2015.
And who told u the new party must field a northerner as their Presidential candidate? What if they field a person from the middle belt? What if they field somebody from the South East or South South?...........POLITICS is not Mathematics.......and I am happy u already know this......so lets wait until the picture gets clearer or nearer 2015
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 10:51am On Aug 15, 2013
grin
Don't worry guy it is all about Power to D People.
No shaking,nothing dey happen
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2013
Lmao Yes! But first, he has to win PDP nomination. They're waiting for him there also. Dreamer! Coast to victory ko, Gold Coast in Ghana ni.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Ayatullah(m): 10:57am On Aug 15, 2013

At this moment of division and visionless Leaders what Nigeria deserve is a Leader in the moulds of Late General Murtala Muhammed/Jerry Rawlings. Let us pray hard and sincerely for the emergence of such a leader.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by roxell120(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2013
if this is true ,then our political parties are now drawing tribal boundaries. 2015 here we come.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 15, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Shekarau, Ribadu and Co that contested against Buhari last time were from where, Mars? Dude, just pray to whatever you worship that Buhari doesn't win if not u best start preparing weekly letters to Gej and PEJ in prison so they won't get bored all the time. Oh, and get ready for a life of orderliness, discipline and accountability cus its obvious u abhor those so much.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by maclatunji: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2013

This is the most politically naive post I have seen in a very long time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Someone Explain These Terms "recurrent" & "capital" Expenditure / 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt / President Buhari's Working Visit In Nasarawa State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.