Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. (28336 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Tinubu Under Pressure To Float New Party - National Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by prolove22(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2013
omiobo:
Wrong calculation. GEJ's PDP is going down.
19my brother go search ur record .in 1999 PDP vs APP vs AD.PDP won,2003 PDP vs ANPP vs APGA vs UNPP vs NCP vs etc PDP won, in 2007 PDP vs ANPP vs AC vs PPA vs DPP vs APGP vs ETC PDP won,2011 PDP vs CPC vs ACN vs ANPP vs ETC PDP won.so my brother u dnt Bleep wth PDP.PDP ALL THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by gerald09(m): 11:14am On Aug 15, 2013
omiobo:
Wrong calculation. GEJ's PDP is going down.
Hw u figure dat out?
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by emcaluv(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2013
A house that is divided against itself cannot stand. PDP is in for trouble. If you Check 2011 election figures very well, you will notice that GEJ had 58.9% of votes while Buhari had 32%. ACN had only 5.4% because they voted for GEJ. GEJ was more popular in 2011 than he is today. The secret tribal war going on in South is not helping GEJ because his success in 2011 polls was partly as a result of massive Southern Nigerian votes.

The 9 PDP governors are floating their party because of the quest for bargaining power. They would have committed political suicide if they had joined APC. The Northerners cannot divide their votes. They will only sell a northern dummy to destabilize PDP and GEJ. Anybody that thinks GEJ will win 2015 election with divided PDP is a dreamer. Except God decides to give him the position which no mortal can contest.

SE and SS cannot make GEJ president come 2015. In the last election, SS and SE states that had up to 800,000 voters were just 7(Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Delta and Rivers states) out 22 states on that category. Just 30% of votes.

If we calculate the percentage of overall SS & SE votes in 2011, we will have 28%. Can that give GEJ victory in 2015?

What makes you think that the aggrieved Govs will not deliver their states electorate to whom they want? Have you forgotten rigging?

Let's pray that our brother GEJ will come back in 2015.

We are watching.

4 Likes

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by onaemo: 11:21am On Aug 15, 2013
all in their brain is not to fulfill the mandate promised in the last election but planning for another
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Tunjman(m): 11:23am On Aug 15, 2013
This is simple, since those making up the new party are PDP fallouts, the ruling party has much to worry about because this goes to show that the states the party once dominated will be divided between 3 parties. Also, PDP will have its votes divided in states like Imo and Anambra considering the fact that there are 2 staunch members of APC in these two states and no matter how anti-igbos some of their kinsmen perceive them to be, they'll have their own loyalists. We should also not forget that Tam David West and Chief Tom Ikimi are from the south-southern part of the country and are also heavyweights in Nigerian politics, their campaign for APC in the south-south is likely to deliver some parts of the oil rich region to the party especially volatile Rivers where GEJ contributed hugely to the crisis rocking the state...let GEJ not push his luck too much in 2015, Nigerians voted for him in 2011 not because of his antecedents but because of his youthfulness and because they wanted to put a stop to the 'born-to-rule' mentality of the hausas.Those who ensured he was not robbed of his mandate are now his enemies. Let's see how far his luck can take him without the backing of the fingers that fed him in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by omenka(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2013
Alxmyr: The difference between APC and others is simple. When APC members are busy shouting, talking, bragging and jumping up and down like kindergartens, others are busy working underground.
See another twist from Atiku and co side.
This is the real spoiler for PDP and not the overrated, ego tripping APC

You sound like a novice. This isn't a spoiler for pdp in anyway. We all know gej nurses an inordinate ambition to return to aso rock in 2015, and if this news is anything to go by, he wld be singing kumbayaa, and popping sapele water while at it. It is good news for him.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by omenka(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2013
Alxmyr: The difference between APC and others is simple. When APC members are busy shouting, talking, bragging and jumping up and down like kindergartens, others are busy working underground.
See another twist from Atiku and co side.
This is the real spoiler for PDP and not the overrated, ego tripping APC

You sound like a novice. This isn't a spoiler for pdp in anyway. We all know gej nurses an inordinate ambition to return to aso rock in 2015, and if this news is anything to go by, he wld be singing kumbayaa, and popping sapele champaigne while at it. It is good news for him.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2013
gerald09:
Hw u figure dat out?
Leave dem with their nairaland calculations ,very soon their eyes go clear.
No need blowing our trumpet the results will show them who is day dreaming
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Wsdm: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2013
... And GEJ will be left with SS states vote excluding Rivers and Edo and SE votes excluding Imo states- this assumption is based on the acceptance of the governors.
With the above, a protest vote from Kano and Kaduna will have edged him out so easily. And one of the opposition mega parties will emerge victorious. Remember that the two parties are after GEJ which make them to have thesame goal.
Honestly for Jonathan to have allowed all these on him as the incumbent president, he is best as a militant than a politician.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by IGBOSON1: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2013
Standing5: How is the bold part above possible when all the governors involved in this move are currently with PDP? Abrakadaba Logic!
They will be splitting PDP votes than that of any other party.

^^^Your reasoning would only hold if they were defecting to APC!
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2013
Tunjman: This is simple, since those making up the new party are PDP fallouts, the ruling party has much to worry about because this goes to show that the states the party once dominated will be divided between 3 parties. Also, PDP will have its votes divided in states like Imo and Anambra considering the fact that there are 2 staunch members of APC in these two states and no matter how anti-igbos some of their kinsmen perceive them to be, they'll have their own loyalists. We should also not forget that Tam David West and Chief Tom Ikimi are from the south-southern part of the country and are also heavyweights in Nigerian politics, their campaign for APC in the south-south is likely to deliver some parts of the oil rich region to the party especially volatile Rivers where GEJ contributed hugely to the crisis rocking the state...let GEJ not push his luck too much in 2015, Nigerians voted for him in 2011 not because of his antecedents but because of his youthfulness and because they wanted to put a stop to the 'born-to-rule' mentality of the hausas.Those who ensured he was not robbed of his mandate are now his enemies. Let's see how far his luck can take him without the backing of the fingers that fed him in 2011.
Tam david west and tom ikimi are heavy weights in nigeria politics ,abi?clap for yourself
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by IGBOSON1: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2013
Wsdm: ... And GEJ will be left with SS states vote excluding Rivers and Edo and SE votes excluding Imo states- this assumption is based on the acceptance of the governors.
With the above, a protest vote from Kano and Kaduna will have edged him out so easily. And one of the opposition mega parties will emerge victorious. Remember that the two parties are after GEJ which make them to have thesame goal.
Honestly for Jonathan to have allowed all these on him as the incumbent president, he is best as a militant than a politician.

^^^If you think Rivers, Edo and Imo are voting for anyone other than GEJ during the next presidential elections then you've got you calculations upside down!
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^If you think Rivers, Edo and Imo are voting for anyone other than GEJ during the next presidential elections then you've got you calculations upside down!

I think most ppl here only follow nigeria politics on nairaland and most have never really been on the field ,any politician will see the hands of gej and PDP written all over this new party ,only a political novice will think that this new party is anti PDP.
You want a show ,we will give you a show and you want another party ,well here it is .the bottom line is APC must not win in these 9states
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by omiobo: 11:44am On Aug 15, 2013
gerald09:
Hw u figure dat out?

A house divided against itself cannot stand. That is our I figured out.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by 247tops(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2013
New party under PDP settings.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by gerald09(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2013
saudatu: Hello guyz, I think you are getting it wrong because those PDP governors moving to create a new party will further divide PDP (Jonathan) votes come 2015 and that will give APC edge. Think about it
I fink its u getting it wrong, majority of correct minded Nigerian don't like PDP but I can bet majority of correct minded Nigerians will vote for GEJ even if he starts his own party. He is d only one showing signs of actually trying to change Nigeria even with all these problems created by us. APC n d new Atiku party have shown little or no good reason to put dem in. I tot these people know how d play politics but they just acting like amateur. To bring down a party like PDP who's tentacles have gone beyond d shores of Nigeria u need to stand 2geda to fight them cos no amount of gathering of thugs will stop dem. APC n dis party shuld compromise @ every point to first bring dem down. DIVIDE and CONQUER, PDP has been playing this card since 1999.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by roxell120(m): 11:53am On Aug 15, 2013
maclatunji:

This is the most politically naive post I have seen in a very long time.
u now think ure wiser
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Kulas: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2013
Selfish interest everywhere!.This selfish interest by all these old corrupt expired politicians will always be an advantage to GEJ.For sure whether PPM is registered or not, with PDP and APC,GEJ must have block votes in SS,SE and NC(Middle Belt, and the remaining NE,SW,NW will be shared with GEJ and APC.Now if PPM is registered,NE,SW,NW will be shared into three:GEJ,APC,PPM and adding it to his already reserved block votes in SS,SE and Middle belt,who then is at advantage? -----GEJ.GEJ just ride on!!!.The game is becoming interesting day by day.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by texaco1: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2013
People must understand some few things
1)PDP will win the presidency,that is a fact and whether we like it or not come 2015 pdp will win
2)Whoever emerges the presidential candidate of PDP will win the
3)And has matters stand as at now MR PRESIDENT is one the verge of clinching the PDP ticket
Presidential elections
So all these APC and the rest is all ab out state governor ship and senatorial
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by sucess001(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Good news indeed. This is a smooth chance for Gej's victory come 2015. Let them keep on dividing and dispersing but for me and my family, Fresh air till 2019. Now i know that Gej has no opponent

GEJ's victory with whose votes? APC's?
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Good news indeed. This is a smooth chance for Gej's victory come 2015. Let them keep on dividing and dispersing but for me and my family, Fresh air till 2019. Now i know that Gej has no opponent
you are wrong,very very wrong,11+9 =20, 36-20=16.,,,,,I don't think your fresh air will go beyond 2015,cuz anything can happen at the dead end,ppm might decided to merge with APC and more PDP governors might decide to join PPM,so its not a good news but a bad news(the beginning of the end for GEJ)
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Wsdm: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Did you read where i said my assertion is based on the governors of these state? Democracy in Nigeria is not yet determined by the voters on the street but by the acceptance of stake holders like the governors. Do you think the votes GEJ got from the North in 2011 is from the populace? How do you also rate the 110% votes that he got from Rivers state was from the populace. All those stake holders are now pushing against him within just 3 years of his reign. Why did he allow all these to happen if he is not a kindergarten politician.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Caseless: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
texaco1:
The game plan is to make sure that apc doesn't win those states ,that means 6states are out of apc reach now if we consider what is happening in anambra
and where was this calculation when cpc won some of d pdp owned states like sokoto, kano, bauchi, kaduna etc in d last election? Pdp is running at a loss with this latest development.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
omenka:

You sound like a novice. This isn't a spoiler for pdp in anyway. We all know gej nurses an inordinate ambition to return to aso rock in 2015, and if this news is anything to go by, he wld be singing kumbayaa, and popping sapele champaigne while at it. It is good news for him.
its a good news for him that rabiu kwankaso,babngida aliyu and probably rotimi amaechi is bring in another party,really bro you are the one that sounded like a novince and if you really know what the hausas. Are truly are even GEJ himself wouldn't trust this new party if they should claim they are on his side,maybe you should go down memory lane and read this history of those 5 governors,THIS IS NIGERIA BRO,you don't act like a deaf when the music is so loud or else you well get banged,you guys should just wait and see,una dey refuse to tell unaself the truth now,but it will soon dawn on you
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
omenka:

its a good news for him that rabiu kwankaso,babngida aliyu and probably rotimi amaechi is bring in another party ,really bro you are the one that sounded like a novince and if you really know what the hausas are truly are ,even GEJ himself wouldn't trust this new party if they should claim they are on his side,maybe you should go down memory lane and read this history of those 5 governors,THIS IS NIGERIA BRO,you don't act like a deaf when the music is so loud or else you well get banged,you guys should just wait and see,una dey refuse to tell unaself the truth now,but it will soon dawn on you
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Anvaller: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
lavivifubs: Wait a minute! Let us, the voters, ponder and ask these people who are parading themselves as politicians. Do not get me wrong, I am not referring to just members of the PDP, APC, PPM or others. I am referring to every person who claims to belong to a Political Party. WHAT IS THE POITICAL IDEOLOGY THAT IS MAKING THEM WORK TOGETHER? Why is it that some so called politians have traversed several political parties, all in a bid to get into elective positions or eat from the table of politicians? Do these people know that what makes a polical party different from other groups, apart from winning elections, is to have same political ideology? What is the politcal ideology of the PDP? What is the political ideology of the APC? What is the political ideology of the PPM? In the US, people stick to particular political parties because of their ideologies. That is why you can say "This is a Republican" or "This is a Democrat". What will I call a person in PDP, APC or PPM? Then what will I call a person that has moved from one party to the other?

The most rational comment here.
Majority are wasting their time rejoicing on the death of this and that party instead of us to start debating on fundamental issues facing us as a ppl... Are we stupid in this country How relevant is it exactly if PDP is going to die at this level? when even if that happens, those that will remain standing will still be core elements from PDP?

I am surprised that some folks are already throwing permutations on possibility of APC merger with PPM, so what exactly do u want Does that mean that all PDP itself needs to do before 2015 is simply rebrand themselves with a new name and do a little exchange of politicians from here and there and problem is solved?? is that what u all are saying?? Is new parties and recyling the same old known thieves with new name actually the problem in Nigeria? Or new ideologies, new ppl and different approach to doing things across board?

As much as OBJ was castigated for his recent comments that Nigeria is cursed, he as a lot of valid points. Bad follower-ship is our problem just as much as bad leadership. What I am seeing here on Nairaland is a shocking revelation of that fact. We are bad followers cos we are more interested in the political game and maneuvering of our politicians, which benefits the politicians and not you and you. Instead, we should be discussing about stuffs that benefits us as common ordinary ppl.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
texaco1: People must understand some few things
1)PDP will win the presidency,that is a fact and whether we like it or not come 2015 pdp will win
2)Whoever emerges the presidential candidate of PDP will win the
3)And has matters stand as at now MR PRESIDENT is one the verge of clinching the PDP ticket
Presidential elections
So all these APC and the rest is all ab out state governor ship and senatorial
........ Who be d fool, na who dem dey fool, who dey fool who? PDP is a party with more than 90% cancer worms and our negligence have given you guys every opportunity to see yourselves as gods, but I tell you brother,if PDP wins again, that will be the end of "ONE Nigeria" even your fathers/elder statesmen knows that so get prepared for a new and better air, enough of your polluted fresh air

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 1:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Wsdm: ... And GEJ will be left with SS states vote excluding Rivers and Edo and SE votes excluding Imo states- this assumption is based on the acceptance of the governors.
. You've spoken well brother, you seems to really understand our politics,he started a game that will see to his downfall in 2015
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by Wsdm: 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Anvaller:

Majority are wasting their time rejoicing on the death of this and that party instead of us to start debating on fundamental issues facing us as a ppl... Are we stupid in this country How relevant is it exactly if PDP is going to die at this level? when even if that happens, those that will remain standing will still be core elements from PDP?

I am surprised that some folks are already throwing permutations on possibility of APC merger with PPM, so what exactly do u want Does that mean that all PDP itself needs to do before 2015 is simply rebrand themselves with a new name and do a little exchange of politicians from here and there and problem is solved?? is that what u all are saying?? Is new parties and recyling the same old known thieves with new name actually the problem in Nigeria? Or new ideologies, new ppl and different approach to doing things across board?

As much as OBJ was castigated for his recent comments that Nigeria is cursed, he as a lot of valid points. Bad follower-ship is our problem just as much as bad leadership. What I am seeing here on Nairaland is a shocking revelation of that fact. We are bad followers cos we are more interested in the political game and maneuvering of our politicians, which benefits the politicians and not you and you. Instead, we should be discussing about stuffs that benefits us as common ordinary ppl.
Oh yes sir. It is this your view we had when we voted massively for a PHD holder from a minority tribe and a very poor background hoping that with these in mind, he will do the bidding of the electorate. Little did we realise that we where voting for a religious/ethnic bigot corrupt and a staunch militant as a president.
We all are aware of the system as practiced in other climes but in Nigeria the personal qualities of the president is very important to us. The president as we have seen is a mini-god and if you have a mad man at the helm, you are doom. As Jonathan has proved at all fronts that he is not worthy of good character,we have to look for an alternative. A drowning man holds anything within reach first to gain his balance before any other action. At least, if we have a sound heart as the head we may now begin to correct the whole anomalies.
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by djfaithy: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Anvaller:

. And you think that can be possible on here...all I see are bunch of cowards who only express their tribal feelings and portray what their parents had thought them about other tribes on here,cuz we are talking NIGERIA, you see the yorubas condemning the president while the ibos are in always in his support,then one begin to wonder, why does it appear like the yoruba dislike GEJ's administration but the ibos applaud it,so the answer is no,only common people with common interest discuss common stuffs that affect them and that's not the case when it comes to Nigeria,and I guess it won't stop
Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by olakehinde(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
if THEY REGISTER THE PARTY , PDP WILL BE DEFEATED IN 2015.THEY ARE FINISHED.THERE IS NOBODY TO Cmpaign for them in 2015 AND GEJ IMAGE IS ALREADY BATTERED.

1 Like

Re: Nine PDP Governors. Float New Party, Apply For Registration. by DAY12(m): 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
djfaithy: . And you think that can be possible on here...all I see are bunch of cowards who only express their tribal feelings and portray what their parents had thought them about other tribes on here,cuz we are talking NIGERIA, you see the yorubas condemning the president while the ibos are in always in his support,then one begin to wonder, why does it appear like the yoruba dislike GEJ's administration but the ibos applaud it,so the answer is no,only common people with common interest discuss common stuffs that affect them and that's not the case when it comes to Nigeria,and I guess it won't stop

100LIKES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / “I Will Not Marginalise Any Part Of Nigeria”- Buhari / Buhari Campaigns In Kaduna: A Caption For This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.