Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens (20619 Views)

Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-bond For UK Citizens / Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa Bond For UK Citizens / Nigerians Begin Payment Of £3,000 Bond For UK Tourist VISA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Bizibi(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2013
The brits will gladly pay and go back they have nothing to lose,FG should target deir companies here
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Arosa(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2013
This is a very bad idea. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by HezronLorraine(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2013
collynzo2: Best thing is to pull out of that thrash called common wealth.
Not anytime soon.Let's not take personal grievances against a body like The Commonwealth.it may look to you like mordern day colonial control,but its not.There are other benefits attached to the Commonwealth you don't see.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by newacca: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2013
Not bad after all cool wink
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by 247tops(m): 11:43am On Aug 15, 2013
Do me I do you,God no go vex
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Dee60: 11:47am On Aug 15, 2013
Mere sensation. Some Asian embassies here ask for more than what UK is asking for, and FG has not retaliated.

The same FG is giving out expat quotas like no man business. It is only here that an Indian or Chinese can open shop and sell exercise books! How many Nigerians will be allowed to open a retail shop in China?

We just need a re-birth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 15, 2013
justwise: [/b]

You are really clever you know? So the solution is to hike ticket price that will affect every Nigerian? And how will Nigerian govt do that? Force BA to increase their ticket price or what?

Is it by force to post. Read d post you quoted again and you will see your answer. Your comprehension skills are lacking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by gistyinka(m): 11:56am On Aug 15, 2013
Pay Back Mission: Nigeria Plans To Impose £5,000 Visa Bond On British Citizens

http://www.gistyinka.com/pay-back-mission-nigeria-plans-to-impose-5000-visa-bond-on-british-citizens/
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Anniettieufia(m): 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Yeah !
Putting both PAIN & GAIN on the scale of preference & balance ,

If Nigerian government is done on this Retaliation plan as stated,

It will really strengthen Nigerian DIPLOMATIC & BI-LATERAL ties with the Britain.

Smart Move:
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nweike1: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
New Alfa: This is useless and won't hurt UK.

If they want to really, retaliate, they may have to start imposing special trade tax on uk companies trading in Nigeria. Like BP. That will make them squirm. But with all these corrupt 2 naira officials, I can keep dreaming.
True talk
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by PassingShot(m): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
But why must we Nigerians insist on living illegally in another country? This goes to show that we have failed as a nation to cater for ourselves.

The British have got an immigration problem to solve and they are coming up with what they think will discourage illegal immigrants from coming to their country. So what is bad in that if I may ask? Oh, I see, since we Nigerians do not take a critical look at how to solve our own problems we expect Britain not to find a way to solve theirs too.
If we like, put the bond for British immigrants at 10,000 Pounds, they will come and leave at the end of their appointed time. Nigerians? Mba!

Looking at it from another angle, the bond will HELP some of our youths looking for easy way out to sit down and have a good thinking about what to do with their life instead of living like slaves in another country with not as much prospects as staying back.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Pray(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
This will not make any sence to them. 98% of British Citizens in Nigeria are expartraite and the company bringing them into the country will easily afford that amount. so the citizen are not in any way affected. They should impose high taxes on British companies and stop them from sending money they make in Nigeria out to their country. Think wisely.....
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
A-town:

Is it by force to post. Read d post you quoted again and you will see your answer. Your comprehension skills are lacking.

There is no answer there, i ask you again, how will Nigerian govt go about doing that? How will they single-out those two airlines and impose price hike on their tickets?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by NellyGhenghen(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Emmyk: Nice one. But wait. How many UK citizens do we have in Nigeria, to start with? undecided .

visit the oil regions of nigeria, all nationalities are there.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Emmyk: Nice one. But wait. How many UK citizens do we have in Nigeria, to start with? undecided .

Come to Abuja....them plenty! Residents alone sef
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by daylae(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
same measure wouldn't amount to the same impact. . .
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by 360command: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
To those who wonder how many Britons in Nigeria or to those who disbelieve that Britons do not troop into Nigeria, think differently. Life is not easy for citizens in their own country and one of the reasons an individual will live his/her country to another country is to seek better living and comfort of any kind. Now if I(A British, American, European or chinese) can come to W.Africa and be receiving $5000 or more monthly better than where i was in my own country, I think its a better been here(Africa) than my country where i have to work my ass to get paid.

I have met British , Chinese who says that they do not fit into their country system and coming to Africa has been the best moment for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by Myself2(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ all those saying Nigeria does not have the balls,Nigeria cant hurt Britain blah blah blah,
its either you have a poor sense of history or you truly ignorant of the trade imbalance between Nigeria and the UK.
The UK stands to lose more in any face off with Nigeria,no time to begin to give instances,y'all should read up,google up or Wikipedia up
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by gerald09(m): 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
They are 2million Nigerians in d UK buff legal n illegal. So how many brits in Nigeria buff legal n illegal? U only retaliate when u gat leverage. We Nigerians know that everything dat d govt touches turns to corruption, haba all d brits need to do na bribe dem as small as £200 which is #51000 u can stay till kingdom come. I am not dissin' just CLEANIN' D CLOSET!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by collynzo2(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Not anytime soon.Let's not take personal grievances against a body like The Commonwealth.it may look to you like mordern day colonial control,but its not.There are other benefits attached to the Commonwealth you don't see.
Benefits like??
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
360command: To those who wonder how many Britons in Nigeria or to those who disbelieve that Britons do not troop into Nigeria, think differently. Life is not easy for citizens in their own country and one of the reasons an individual will live his/her country to another country is to seek better living and comfort of any kind. Now if I(A British, American, European or chinese) can come to W.Africa and be receiving $5000 or more monthly better than where i was in my own country, I think its a better been here than another place where i work my ass to be paid.

I have met British , Chinese who says that they do not fit into their country system and coming to Africa has been the best moment for them.

I think you are making things you here, how many British citizens will choose Nigeria as the first country to run to because things are bad in the UK? How many are paying millions to come and study in Nigeria or do anything humanly impossible to stay in Nigeria?

Yes because they can get away with just anything as long as they have money to bribe Nigerian officials.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by mikey2fin: 12:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
With the Corrupt Nigerian Embassy staffs in London, I have my doubt if that would work.
They will collect £50 to issue any Brits a visa to Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by BankuTilapia: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Tolexander: ope o!

Nigeria wan equalise!

silly british. Our fathers didn't put them on the 'risk list' when they were swarming here to colonize us. Now that we are matured enough to go there and enjoy our treasures they looted from us which they used to develope their land, they are shouting risky.
Risky ko, suya ni!

Nonsensical post, ur politicians have looted more than da British.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by buchilino(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
ITS SIMPLE AS ABC, NIGERIANS U R NOT WELCOMED 2 BRITAIN, N 4 NIGERIANS LIVING AT D UK GO HOME. DATS WAT DIS POLICIES IS ALL ABOUT
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by HezronLorraine(m): 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
collynzo2: Benefits like??
the Commonwealth is a strategic command body for uniting ex-colonies.from your resoning,you assume the UK single-handedly controls the Commonwealth.it is a league of nations.Most members share the same system.

Benefits are not monetary or finance only.there as always been exchange of ideas in various fields of study.it boasts sustainanble research and innovations that can be shared amongst the member-nations.

Aids are given to less-priviledged nations,we may not need it,but smaller nations can make do with them.

One thing the Commonwealth has failed to do is it only relied on A Common Sense of Belonging and left its duty as to promoting member-nations advancement.it should have been a power body that influences other nations decision through the unity it possesses.but it has failed with that.

There was once was free-movement amongst the member's of this body.it can still happen with right motive and boost development of all memberd equally.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by 360command: 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
justwise: [/b]

I think you are making things you here, how many British citizens will choose Nigeria as the first country to run to because things are bad in the UK? How many are paying millions to come and study in Nigeria or do anything humanly impossible to stay in Nigeria?

Yes because they can get away with just anything as long as they have money to bribe Nigerian officials.

There are people but they will not reach a million. No matter how good a country's economy will be,it is not everybody who will enjoy from the economy.There are people who are bound to migrate elsewhere. Those British citizens may not choose Nigeria as their first country to run to but i tell you that they will choose a 3rd world country(in africa) if they have friends or relatives living there or maybe they have done their research aboutt the country they plan visiting.
Re: Nigeria Plans £5000 Visa-Bond For UK Citizens by PassingShot(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
360command: To those who wonder how many Britons in Nigeria or to those who disbelieve that Britons do not troop into Nigeria, think differently. Life is not easy for citizens in their own country and one of the reasons an individual will live his/her country to another country is to seek better living and comfort of any kind. Now if I(A British, American, European or chinese) can come to W.Africa and be receiving $5000 or more monthly better than where i was in my own country, I think its a better been here(Africa) than my country where i have to work my ass to get paid.

Exactly! But they're here legally I'd presume.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Warnings From U.S. Border Agents After Weed Legalization / Bahamian Visa From Nigeria / !!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.