Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Blogger To Wordpress: How To Perform The Perfect Migration - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogger To Wordpress: How To Perform The Perfect Migration (436 Views)

How To Move From Blogger To Wordpress / Wordpress How Can I Use Carrington Mobile Theme / Upgrade Your Blogger To A Standard Website ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blogger To Wordpress: How To Perform The Perfect Migration by vowiski(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2013
Now that you have arrived here, I want to assume you have decided to switch blogging platforms. I will quickly walk you through how to migrate from Blogger to WordPress; it worked perfectly for me and I didn’t lose any traffic.

What Will You Achieve?

You will retain your posts, comments and pages
You will not lose a single feed subscriber
You will retain your permalinks
Redirect permalinks for labels & search archives.
Now, these 4 things are required to maintain your traffic reputation and Google Page Rank.

The point is to ensure that your web traffic from your original Blogger platform is seamlessly mapped to the same page on your new WordPress blog. You will have to follow this tutorial carefully and avoid any mistakes. If you do, the perfect Blogger to WordPress migration should work like a charm for you.

Note: This Tutorial is specifically for Blogs using a custom domain on the Blogger Platform. However, if you use a Sub-Domain, this tutorial will still work for you with but in this case, your url’s would be redirected from search engines and may lead to error 301 at various times. In the case of using a custom domain, you will maintain your permalinks. It won’t be redirected. This is referred to as 1-on-1 mapping.

The Perfect Start

My Assumptions;

You are prepared for this task and ready to follow the simple tutorial without missing anything.
You are on the Blogger.com platform and equally have a custom domain set up in this blogging platform.
You have purchased a host. If you have not, these guys seem to provide one of the best hosting services and it’s completely affordable.
You have access to your DNS of your owned custom domain.
http://www.thatnaijablog.com/2013/08/blogger-to-wordpress-how-to-perform-the-perfect-migration.html

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed On adjusting Joomla Page Width / Help Webmasters / For Sale !!! !!!! !!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.