Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award (4855 Views)

Anambra State Social Media Award 2015 Grand Finale. An Open Invitation. / Anambra State Social Media Award 2015 Grand Finale. An Open Invitation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by mrofficial(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
[img]http://www.dw.de/image/0,,16991899_303,00.jpg[/img]

Yinka Adeparusi is a photojournalist who uses his camera lens not only to record the "what," but the "why" of a scene as well. He now works for the National Mirror newspaper in Lagos after time spent as a trainee reporter and photojournalist at two other Nigerian publications, The Punch and New Age. Adeparusi graduated from the prestigious Lagos State University School of Communication, achieving double honors in both photojournalism and cinematography.

The winner of multiple awards for his work, Adeparusi feels especially drawn to reporting human rights issues through powerful images. He hopes his work exposes the problems confronting his immediate environment and Nigerian society in general.

In his winning photograph, Adeparusi captured an image of several children about to paddle home from school in Makoko, the slum where they live which is raised on stilts over Lagos Lagoon. Education is often described as one of the most powerful weapons against poverty. But in the Makoko floating slum, the poorest settlement in all of Nigeria, many children have little hope of ever seeing the inside of a classroom. These kids are a few of the lucky ones.

Blog: http://yinkaadeparusi..com

Source: http://www.dw.de/oluyinka-ezekiel-adeparusi-nigeria/a-17004072

[img]http://www.dw.de/image/0,,16991896_401,00.jpg[/img]

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by StPete: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
That was my former course mate back then at the university. So proud of u bro!

2 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2013
and yet young guys will be running to the UK and tell me there's no work in naija. I really love ya creativity bro

4 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Dexpro: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2013
Congrats to him. Enjoy
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by sholay2011(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Congrats to him. Everyone can be celebrated if they strive for excellence in whatever field they are. Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Chai yoruba boy,keep making the country proud:p

6 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by nopecin(m): 9:44am On Aug 16, 2013
4th to comment just passing by
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2013
**yawns**
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2013
St_Pete: That was my former course mate back then at the university. So proud of u bro!

and wot have u achieved bro?
sit on your lappy and comment on Nairaland 24/7 just like me??

1 Like

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by dridowu: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2013
Proudly Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by nerodenero: 9:49am On Aug 16, 2013
St_Pete: That was my former course mate back then at the university. So proud of u bro!
Nobody want to associate with failure. He is a success, the reason you said he was your former coursemate. Assuming he was convicted for one offense or the other, you wouldn't have even posted anything. Congratulations Yinka.

3 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by alienware(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Prestigious lagos state university of communication ? See Wash abeg , do we have any prestigious university in 9ja.

3 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by sholay2011(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2013
joel lala: **yawns**
Keep yawning till houseflies make your buccal cavity their home.

3 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Temismith(f): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Fyn old school boy! gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by alienware(m): 9:53am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Chai yoruba boy,keep making the country proud:p
and their population in foreign prison is bursting at seam. I'm not an igbo, before haters will pop into the scene and derail this thread. I'm from gombe.

2 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Kaxmytex(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Waiting for the tribal warlords
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Kaxmytex(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2013
Dem don dey show face.
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2013
alienware: and their population in foreign prison is bursting at seam. I'm not an igbo, before haters will pop into the scene and derail this thread. I'm from gombe.
why do ibos suffer from low self esteem why must u change ur identity to reply me.and ibos take the lead in crime rates,this is fact and not fallacies

4 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by druid06(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Bunch of dudes on this thread arguing like b*tches and P*ssies. * Yoruba this, Igbo that *. When would you guys grow up... You guys are pathetic.

5 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by amiskurie(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2013
KUDOS GERMAN MACHINE! wink
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Shaadey: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Nt bad
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Abithel: 10:21am On Aug 16, 2013
alienware: and their population in foreign prison is bursting at seam. I'm not an igbo, before haters will pop into the scene and derail this thread. I'm from gombe.

You really must be from Gombe!

3 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by ettybaba(m): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2013
amiskurie: KUDOS GERMAN MACHINE! wink
Congratulations Omoluabi atata.

1 Like

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2013
Kudos Luyinka...Thanks for making Nigeria proud again & most important, ur forefather Odua proud

Go on Soun.Kare jare.Omo Ire biyan.

1 Like

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by collynzo2(m): 11:08am On Aug 16, 2013
LMAO Gombe indeed
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by simpleseyi: 11:17am On Aug 16, 2013

Gombe youths can never be in foreign prisons because they are on Nigeria soil; begging for food, throwing bombs and raping children. That is what Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa planned for your future. You can see what Awolowo and Zik planned for us in the South.

2 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by simpleseyi: 11:21am On Aug 16, 2013
alienware: Prestigious lagos state university of communication ? See Wash abeg , do we have any prestigious university in 9ja.

I have 4 different certificates from 4 different higher institutions in Nigeria including LASU; none of the institutions is prestigeous
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Fadelex(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2013
all these stewpid tribal bigots are here again.... I'm sure most of these edeots have never been to other region, u hide in your cave and post rubbish and inciting posts all d time... must u tribalize every issue? achebe, soyinka, emegwali, aliu, adichie, okocha and so many others that are celebrated worldwide are known as Nigerians... not as ibos or yorubas.. we should learn to love each other and forget d past.... I live in North central , I'm from south west... I have friends from every region and tribe and I've come to realize no tribe is as bad as being portrayed, it simply boils down to individual.. love is d language, tolerance is the action... long live Nigeria

last bullet; seun and moderators should take a very stiff action against anybody wit derogatory statements against one tribe or d other before dis forum is taken down... freedom of speech doesn't mean incitement

4 Likes

Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by vislabraye(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: why do ibos suffer from low self esteem why must u change ur identity to reply me.and ibos take the lead in crime rates,this is fact and not fallacies

He said he's from Gombe, why are you attacking Igbos ? Or is it only the Igbos that attack the Yorubas ?
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Evestar200(f): 11:37am On Aug 16, 2013
Chai!!! This two tribes are at it again,,always disgracing themselves on,,national & international tv,,media,,newspaper,,nairaland,,very soon their tribalism will end in block toilet ownership
Re: Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Congrats to the dude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Majority Of Yoruba Claim Lagos As State Of Origin. / If Tinubu Is Not From Osun, How Come APC Candidate Is His Cousin? / Real Reason Datti Baba-admed Has Been Absent From Campaign Rallies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.