Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? (36319 Views)

This Is Where Fayose Plans To Build Airport In Ekiti(photos) / Lagos To Deport 100 Chadians, Malians, Others / Canada To Deport A Nigerians’ Hater, Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Back To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by DoffMan2: 12:33am On Aug 16, 2013
seedord247:

Your brain must have been locked by terrestrial witch. Do you see any Yoruba name mention in the article or are iGbo's the only tribe in Nigeria. Why is hard for them to abide the law? In South Africa They are killing them because of drugs and marrying their women for papers. In kenya, they deporting igbo's cuz they dont have a distinctive personalities. The same thing in sudan, Ivory coast, and so many countries in Nigeria.

Dont lemme talk about the way they are using igbo men head for rituals in india, malaysia, japaan and China. cry

Do you honestly believe that you are making sense here?

18 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by TonySpike: 12:36am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

I laugh when I see people make ethnically motivated sweeping generalisations on nairaland, just like you did. The condescending manner in which these statements are made is mind blowing. Just for the sake of scoring cheap ethno-political points, you throw away education and sound reasoning?

My initial response was to Ikengawo's thesis on Yorubas being fearful. As a matter of fact, temperament and character are two different traits. You can do some reading on these two traits. I'm done with this argument...

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 16, 2013
Are South Southerners Igbo?

Yes or no.

seedord247:

Your brain must have been locked by terrestrial witch. Do you see any Yoruba name mention in the article or are iGbo's the only tribe in Nigeria. Why is hard for them to abide the law? In South Africa They are killing them because of drugs and marrying their women for papers. In kenya, they deporting igbo's cuz they dont have a distinctive personalities. The same thing in sudan, Ivory coast, and so many countries in Nigeria.

Dont lemme talk about the way they are using igbo men head for rituals in india, malaysia, japaan and China. cry

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by TonySpike: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2013
-double post-
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by DoffMan2: 12:40am On Aug 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

My initial response was to Ikengawo's thesis on Yorubas being fearful. As a matter of fact, temperament and character are two different traits. You can do some reading on these two traits. I'm done with this argument...

Good day sir!

At least, unlike seedord247, you didn't let your "temperament" get the better of you.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by seedord247(m): 12:42am On Aug 16, 2013
nnenna.1:

Yes or no.

nnenna.1:

Yes or no.

Is like asking.. " Are you jewish white".
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by TonySpike: 12:43am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

Good day sir!

At least, unlike seedord247, you didn't let your "temperament" get the better of you.

I'd rather have a good night from you...I believe you're at a location beyond the GMT.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by bloggernaija: 12:45am On Aug 16, 2013
Ikengawo: The ignorance on this thread is record breaking

Botswana has the highest standard of living in Africa and is rated as the most stable government.
This is a result of neglected education for the generation of nigerians that are now old enough to travel. Nigerians have an extremely dim understanding of the rest of the world and themselves and will find themselves crawling the globe to humiliate their own lives. I don't believe it's primarily igbos by far that are leading this global foolishness, but before we start saying it's and igbo problem we have to realize it's really a national one.

Igbos are ambitious, nobody will take that from them but it's almost impossible to convince them what they own is better than what they can possiby own or have and that's what leads to their desperate nature.

Yorubas are fearful, nobody will take that from them either. A yoruba person is not going to risk what he has, even if it's very little, no matter the reward and don't typically think outside of what's theres. Many yorubas don't know there was a civil war in Nigeria.

The reason I point this difference out is because the igbo ignorance is manifesting in travelling the world blindly and becoming a nuisance and the yoruba ignorance is manifesting in not being able to think or look outside of the very narrow box they already have, hence poverty and a total ignorance of anything outside of their family and region. They typically don't want more because they don't know there's is more out there and would rather brag about whats been done that complain about the need to do more. the root of the problem is ignorance. While igbos are developing and even destroying other places, their homeland is neglected, and while yorubas are boxed in by fear their homeland remains stagnant. This is why the two regions of africa that should be the most developed, aren't.

ignorance mixed with our respective cultural nature isn't doing anything for us.

Stop that crap.
Yorubas are not scared of jack bit.
In fact ,we are being held back.
Why are the other regions afraid of true federalism.
That is what is on the table right now.
I will tell you why?
Because they will be left behind at warp speed.
From the corporate tax to vat(which is the main revenue source for normal countries),from manufacturing to agriculture ,tourism etc
Cut the SW from the national grid and I can assure you we will be generating 20000MW within 10yrs

We have consistently shown that we have no time for gradual incrementalism of the conservative forces and their followers.

Jonathan is the only mistake my people have ever made.however osun state held the line.

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by DoffMan2: 12:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Tony Spike:

I'd rather have a good night from you...I believe you're at a location beyond the GMT.

My apologies, and a very good night!

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by TonySpike: 12:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

My apologies, and a very good night!

Thanks...

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times

You see this exactly the problem that gets Nigerians hunted down and kicked out. Its your narrow minded view of the world outside Nigeria. What does the bolded mean? You know your ignorance is a million times worse than Americans and their added advantage is that they dont troll around the globe in search of greener pastures with their ignorance and myopic view of the world, that is deadly to put it bluntly. lipsrsealed

Your government is doing you a huge dis-service by not ensuring that they include mannerism and rules of engagement and survival when you go out in the world to hunt. And now what they do is to always puff and groan to force countries to give in to their demands so they they do not have to deliver to their countries needs.

Just a coution you can ask even SA that are big investors and our relations in our country, our neighbours Botswana does not scare easily. You can puff all the way home if you do not learn to be law abiding guests.

By the way there are great Nigerians, highly adored and respected, I think they are Yoruba who are proffessinals in our country that have been doing business and growing in Botswana. Batswana are a different breed do not think of playing them.

6 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Ogapolice: 1:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubas have been living in Ghana for more than 200 years peacefully, but Ghanaians started deportimg Nigerians when Ibos started immigrating there in large numbers.

In any country you find hundreds of Ibos, Nigerians will be deported. We really need to focus on this issue.

15 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Ogapolice: 1:54am On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubas highly respect their hosts and its cultures and traditions.

We are accommodating and we live peacefully with others.

Ask Ghana, ask Cuba, ask Brazil, ask China, etc.

Yet when these countries have had enough, they burn Nigerians without regards to ethnicity

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by nijanigga: 1:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Botswana, Aids/HIV Infested country."...it remains particularly prevalent in Eastern regions such as Bobirwa and Selebi Phikwe, where the prevalence remains as high as 40%."

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Ogapolice: 1:57am On Aug 16, 2013
nijanigga: Aids/HIV Infested country."...it remains particularly prevalent in Eastern regions such as Bobirwa and Selebi Phikwe, where the prevalence remains as high as 40%."

Check Nigerian HIV/AIDs stats. The Eastern region of Nigeria contributes the highest "positivity".

So look at your own country and stop pointing at countries like Bostwana that wants to develop.

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos are economic nomads,like what the Bleep are they looking for in botswana,a country even godforsaken nigeria is better than a million times

Botswana is one of the best countries in Africa. Low crime, great economy, good infrastructure and very peaceful. In opinion it is the best top 5 on the African continent if not the best.

5 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Ogapolice: 2:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubas in Gambia

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201206110976.html/

How long before they start deporting?

2 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:08am On Aug 16, 2013
this is what I call.

H-Having

A-Anger

T-Towards

E-Everyone

R-Reaching

S-Success

This has been the major tn I observed from these host countries deporting Nigerians.most Nigerians there are taking over their country,through both the clean legal businesses and the dirty deals.the fact that nigerians have die-hard spirit,this allows them thrive in any environment.nigerians are known to explore opportunities even in regions where they're scarce.

Its a shame to Nigeria if Botswana should start maltreating our citizens.it shows we are only weaklings despite the fact that we call the shots on the continent,these countries don't respect us.
If only we've established an image for ourselves,these countries should tremble at our feet,they'll think twice before taking any actions.but we haven't even gotten our priorities right in the first place.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Tony Spike:
I'm trying to make a sense of what you wrote up here. I'm a Yoruba and I don't generally agree that we are fearful. The difference between a Yoruba and an Igbo is basically between temperamental attitude and cultural programming. I won't bother explaining the concepts, but in the long run, a Yoruba is your typical calculative risk-taker, deep thinker, law-abiding, not necessarily over-ambitious, practical, quiet achiever and considerate. Temperamentally, the Yorubas are like the British, while the Igbos are like the Germans. Those two countries are always at loggerhead...hey, I'm not racist!

Based on my premises above, you can guess why Igbos are likely to be affected by any immigration laws wherever they are.

I agree with some points raised in your assertion. I don't think the Igbo's are like the Germans, the Germans and Brits are basically the same people and they both have the same temperament. I think the Germans you alluded to here are the Nazis (no pun intended).

Personally, I think the Igbo's are more like the American right-wingers with their temperament.

Also, Yoruba's are a community based people and wherever you find Yoruba's in large numbers, they naturally come together - without the need for an organisation. It's evident out here in the UK. The same goes for the Edo's/Urhobo's (I fvcks with Edo's/Urhobo's uncles and I'll be out there jamming with them again tonight, for our weekly Friday madness!) grin. You definitely have to admire the Yoruba consciousness and how the people are naturally close.

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 16, 2013
BOTSWANA i support you go ahead and flush the useless, corrupt, inept, ignorant, stubborn, politically unstable, backward, wicked, bigoted, malicious NIGERIANS out of your country. you deserve the best, not these contaminated ones. nigerians must recognise that outside the country, nigerians will be regarded as nigerians irrespective of the tribe!!

8 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 16, 2013
How come everyone hates Nigerians? cry cry

Perhaps, Nigerians need to stop the blame game and start looking at the man in the mirror.

Nigerians aren't the only ones everywhere - I believe Lebanon and India have a far bigger diasporan community than Nigeria. They're basically in every country on this planet. However, they don't get the same treatment meted out to Nigerians. undecided

Anyway, did they send their caravans back with them or not? - because a Nigerian pikey without his/her caravan is basically useless. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by mployer(m): 2:19am On Aug 16, 2013
ayswags: Ibos should take a good look at themselves in the mirror,and ask themselves why everybody is against them.
succes has more enemies than failure. Ever wondered why America has more enemies than any other country in d world?

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Judas2013: 2:24am On Aug 16, 2013
m-ployer:
succes has more enemies than failure. Ever wondered why America has more enemies than any other country in d world?

Success shouldn't be measured money-wise but character -wise. The igbos have a lot to learn attitude-wise,that is the real success.

4 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 16, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: this is what I call.

H-Having

A-Anger

T-Towards

E-Everyone

R-Reaching

S-Success

This has been the major tn I observed from these host countries deporting Nigerians.most Nigerians there are taking over their country,through both the clean legal businesses and the dirty deals.the fact that nigerians have die-hard spirit,this allows them thrive in any environment.nigerians are known to explore opportunities even in regions where they're scarce.

Its a shame to Nigeria if Botswana should start maltreating our citizens.it shows we are only weaklings despite the fact delussion that we call the shots on the continent,these countries don't respect us.

If only we've established an image for ourselves,these countries should tremble at our feet,they'll think twice before taking any actions.but we haven't even gotten our priorities right in the first place.
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:28am On Aug 16, 2013
@BluIvy.Are u a learner

So its a delusion that Nigeria calls the Shot on the Continent.you don't want to go down that lane do u?
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Are u a learner

So its a delusion that Nigeri calls the Shot on the Continent.you don't want to go down that lane do u?

Call what shots? Are you awake?

OR do you mean "the LOUDEST"

You do not know Batswana's undecided

Watch this space and learn. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by donwilz(m): 2:44am On Aug 16, 2013
Oga police:

Check Nigerian HIV/AIDs stats. The Eastern region of Nigeria contributes the highest "positivity".

So look at your own country and stop pointing at countries like Bostwana that wants to develop.

Bare faced liar! conjuring stats like a sterile human.

7 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by HezronLorraine(m): 2:59am On Aug 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by solomon111(m): 3:15am On Aug 16, 2013
Lol at the yoruba tribalists on this thread.
The UK crime list and the FBI most wanted list is like an encyclopedia of yoruba names.

17 Likes

Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by Pattey(m): 3:16am On Aug 16, 2013
Doff_Man:

That is not the case in SA, Kenya, Ghana, UK, USA, Spain, Italy...

Listing random countries doesn't mean anything. . . Tell us how it relates to the post; I.e. Yoruba's being in detention in those places. . . Aye mate?!
Re: Botswana Plans To Deport Nigerians? by zenatta: 3:17am On Aug 16, 2013
Poor, poor, Nigeria; its citizens at loggerheads with one another and it's peoples, mutilated mercilessly outside it's shores.
"Everyone hates Nigeria" is no longer a chant, a lullaby, but a ravaging epidemic.
What did this political entity do to deserve this. Be it as it may, what next. Should we go on, taking these insults laying low; pretending that as long as it is an isolated experience, life can go on. Or should we in our small corners start a revolution - to better the name of this great and always will be great country.
I used to hide behind my other country when Nigeria is being maltreated, shrugging non-chalantly and accusatorily but no more.
And I think you non-Nigerians on this thread, heaping insults on a prone giant, have a nerve. This giant will stand it's full height again. No condition is permanent.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Vincent Egechukwu Obetta: Nnamdi Kanu Played Into Nigerian Government's Hands / Buhari Presenting The N8.6trn Budget For 2018 To NASS (Pictures) / IGP Idris: Tinubu, 8 Others To Attend Saraki’s Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.