Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? (2968 Views)

She Came To Do Her Assignment And You Met Her Like This / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Justiyke4u: 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Do u think there is anything wrong in marrying someone u met online? For the sake of clarity i didnt mean online marriage but whom u knew from the internet( like same as wen u meet someone in the bank, in the market, in an eatry point or anywhere and then stay in touch) before connecting in person. I hope the explanation helps
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
No...I can't marry someone I met online.

wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by dmcdad: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^^ Ok
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
dmcdad: ^^^^ Ok

Good.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Juell(m): 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
I can marry some1 I met online, There's no difference wether u met online, in school, church. What's important is if u're comfortable wit de person.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Enegod(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
No...I can't marry someone I met online.
how many times are you gonna marry?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Kslib(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Have you met the person offline.?..
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 9:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
Enegod: how many times are you gonna marry?

20. I am talking to a Greek man and he is funny! He is a potential.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yes. My grandfather met my grandmother online.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by alaricsaltzman: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
OP...nawa for ur question ooo...will u do the marriage online?? if u meet someone online, for u to even fink abt marriage, u av to meet the person in person...
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
Juell: I can marry some1 I met online, There's no difference wether u met online, in school, church. What's important is if u're comfortable wit de person.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Enegod(m): 11:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
yes, i can marry someone i met offline
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 12:44am On Aug 17, 2013
I married a man I knew in person and got to know physically.

If people have to go online and to find somebody...bless their hearts.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
I married a man I knew in person and got to know physically.

If people have to go online and to find somebody...bless their hearts.

And what about you? Haven't you spent years building lasting friendships on this very forum? Should we "bless your heart" because you, God forbid, made friends online? What happens if you meet any of your Nairaland friends in person? Will you greet them or feign ignorance of their presence?
You're indirectly calling your online relationships second-class friendships. I hope the friends you've made here share your mindset.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

And what about you? Haven't you spent years building lasting friendships on this very forum? Should we "bless your heart" because you, God forbid, made friends online? What happens if you meet any of your Nairaland friends in person? Will you greet them or feign ignorance of their presence?
You're indirectly calling your online relationships second-class friendships. I hope the friends you've made here share your mindset.
Jokes aside you make a lot of sense
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 1:23am On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

What friendships have I built on this forum? Friendship requires more than "chatting" online and responding to posts

Chatting with faceless people on a social medium that I may never meet in person is entirely different than a person going on dating sites and any place online where they hope to get hooked up or "fall" in love with words and thoughts of a stranger they can't tell if it is male or female.

Wrong person baby girl.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
What friendships have I built on this forum? Friendship requires more than "chatting" online and responding to posts

Chatting with faceless people on a social medium that I may never meet in person is entirely different than a person going on dating sites and any place online where they hope to get hooked up or "fall" in love with words and thoughts of a stranger they can't tell if it is male or female.

Wrong person baby girl.

No, you're the very person to ask because any time this issue comes up, you're one of the first to jump in and call it wrong. If you can tell me that you'd notice a close NL acquaintance, for example MzD, and purposefully ignore him or her because you only know each other through the internet, then I'll drop my argument.

There's no difference between someone going online to look for a potential spouse and someone going to a party or club in hopes of leaving someone. You know fully well that anywhere, including real life, what you see, or who you see, isn't always what you get.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 2:32am On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

No, you're the very person to ask because any time this issue comes up, you're one of the first to jump in and call it wrong. If you can tell me that you'd notice a close NL acquaintance, for example MzD, and purposefully ignore him or her because you only know each other through the internet, then I'll keep quiet.

There's no difference between someone going online to look for a potential spouse and someone going to a party or club in hopes of leaving someone. You know fully well that anywhere, including real life, what you see, or who you see, isn't always what you get.

Wrong again...chatting, friendship, and falling in love with complete strangers online are three entirely different things.

If another chatter create aother similar thread..I will jump in like a catwoman and repeat the same shit.

Now as for Ms. Darkskin..she is hella cool and all but TRUST that if I was a lesbian I would not fall in love with her words and picture then ask her to marry me ONLINE not really knowing a damn thing about her.

Real talk. Now you can keep equating the two as the same if you want to..I say it is bullshit and stand on it.
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 2:47am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Wrong again...chatting, friendship, and falling in love with complete strangers online are three entirely different things.

If another chatter create aother similar thread..I will jump in like a catwoman and repeat the same shit.

Now as for Ms. Darkskin..she is hella cool and all but TRUST that if I was a lesbian I would not fall in love with her words and picture then ask her to marry me ONLINE not really knowing a damn thing about her.

Real talk. Now you can keep equating the two as the same if you want to..I say it is bullshit and stand on it.

A relationship is a relationship. In order to chat with someone, you have to relate with him or her. In order to be friends with someone, you have to relate with him or her. In order to fall in love with someone, you have to relate with him or her. So sure, chatting, friendships, and falling in love are three different things, but all stem from the ability to relate, and none will be successful without relatability.

You're getting it wrong. No one is talking about getting married on the Internet. The topic is marrying someone who you first came to know online.

Are liars and con artists only online? Was 419 nonexistent before the Internet? The answer to both is an obvious no. There are people who have related online and are exactly whom they say they are. There are also those who have spouses and or family living with them who have no clue as to the kinds of diabolical nonsense there loved ones are up to.

Just as you may not know anything about someone you're relating with online, you may not know anything about the person or people you do see. So, what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by MrsChima(f): 3:13am On Aug 17, 2013
ogugua88:

A relationship is a relationship. In order to chat with someone, you have to relate with him or her. In order to be friends with someone, you have to relate with him or her. In order to fall in love with someone, you have to relate with him or her. So sure, chatting, friendships, and falling in love are three different things, but all stem from the ability to relate, and none will be successful without relatability.

You're getting it wrong. No one is talking about getting married on the Internet. The topic is marrying someone who you first came to know online.

Are liars and con artists only online? Was 419 nonexistent before the Internet? The answer to both is an obvious no. There are people who have related online and are exactly whom they say they are. There are also those who have spouses and or family living with them who have no clue as to the kinds of diabolical nonsense there loved ones are up to.

Just as you may not know anything about someone you're relating with online, you may not know anything about the person or people you do see. So, what's the difference?

Na wa oo! Just because you meet someone on a dating site or social nedium by force you must form a relationship? Buahahhaha!

You know gotdamn well online dating and hook ups are at it all time high and people are proposed to online and meet for the first time to marry.

If I had a dollar for every post on multiple sites where mainly women fall in love with folks they haven't met PERIOD talking about marriage and sharing houses....I would be filthy rich! Buhahaha.

Oguga...if online dating is your thing boo boo...do you. If you want to marry someone you met online...do you.

Just like you said there is no different between online relationships and offline relationships...then why are the fuss because I opt for traditional dating/relationship? grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone You Met Online? by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Na wa oo! Just because you meet someone on a dating site or social nedium by force you must form a relationship? Buahahhaha!

You know gotdamn well online dating and hook ups are at it all time high and people are proposed to online and meet for the first time to marry.

If I had a dollar for every post on multiple sites where mainly women fall in love with folks they haven't met PERIOD talking about marriage and sharing houses....I would be filthy rich! Buhahaha.

Oguga...if online dating is your thing boo boo...do you. If you want to marry someone you met online...do you.

Just like you said there is no different between online relationships and offline relationships...then why are the fuss because I opt for traditional dating/relationship? grin

Form a relationship? Don't you know the meaning of relationship? It certainly doesn't encompass only romanticism or sexuality or even just friendship. A relationship is anything from the aforementioned to merely being registered members on Nairaland.

I do not know that online proposals and marriages are at an all time as I haven't read anything that has ever suggested such. I don't know anything about online women awaiting houses either. I do know, however, that if such exist, they aren't unique to the cyber world. I also know that those things have nothing to do with the OP's post. Again, the OP's question is marrying someone whom yet met online, not performing a marriage through Skype or any other platform.

It has nothing to do with me or my alleged preference. And there's no fuss at all. I only responded to you as your posts on these matters have always exuded symptoms of superiority complex and I have time to debate it today. If you're agreeing with me that they're the same, then why the need for "God forbid" and "bless their hearts" as if people online are suffering, less fortunate, or not up to par?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Date An Outgoing And Extrovert Guy / Guys! How Do You Like make-ups On Ur Babe Or wife? / Should I Quit Or Stay And Bear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.