Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. (4066 Views)

Face Of The Lt. Col. Who Masterminded The Rigging In Ogoni Land Yesterday / Tears As Gov. Wike Visits Ogoni Killings Arena - Photos / Breaking News: Buhari Has Succeeded In Turning Ogoni Land Into War Zone(graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 4:26am On Jun 06, 2008
Leave that davidif of a guy. I'm still trying to figure out the point he's trying to make.

He's just an over bloated goat trying to save face for his tribe. I advise him to check his facts well before publishing them. History can never lie. i advise him to champion better yoruba men like Ajasin,Bola ige etc and not a dead crook like obafemi awolowo, who remains a hero only among his kinsmen that cannot differentiate evil from good.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by davidif: 4:30am On Jun 06, 2008
Sorry, i take that back, the UPE was implemented in 1957 during the macpherson constitution when Nigeria was split into three regions. Awolowo was at the forefront of the welfare program that all kids in the western region should have an education and he successfully implemented it, the others, like the Ziks and the Ahmadu Bello's embezzled or misused the money.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 4:55am On Jun 06, 2008
davidif:

Sorry, i take that back, the UPE was implemented in 1957 during the macpherson constitution when Nigeria was split into three regions. Awolowo was at the forefront of the welfare program that all kids in the western region should have an education and he successfully implemented it, the others, like the Ziks and the Ahmadu Bello's embezzled or misused the money.

UPE in 1957? I thought you were kidding, but now I know you're really dumb.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Jun 06, 2008
MallamMusa:

20 expartriate TECHNICIANS governing one qualified Nigerian engineer. The worst of it all is the lone or two indiginous engineers are not from ND. they are either ibo or yoruba. You now ask yourself how that can be when only two core ibo states are Niger delta, don't tell me delta and rivers but they are not core ibo states so why should states like Bayelsa etc that produce the highest oil wells in nigeria lack indiginous expatriates? Ijaws have been marginalised enough.

So 20 Expartriate technicians to one Nigerian engineer?? Since when Back in the days when we still had a really good system in place, many of those down there happened to be Nigerians. Can we please ask what happened that got the number down to what it is today?? I think instead of looking at things as they are today and assuming it has always been so, we need to get more information on how it came to be the way it is today.

I have a friend who worked here in Texas until a couple of years ago when he got a job in one of the oil companies down there as an engineer. Why?? Cause of his qualification, I believe. He was made supervisor. He stayed down there only about a year before he moved back but he did mention that he had to work with a lot of inexperienced Nigerian people. I think instead of claiming the company intentionally chose to hire outsider's instead of Nigerians, it could simply be a situation where most of the skills sort were not locally available and so they were forced to look elsewhere.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 5:03am On Jun 06, 2008
UPE in 1957? I thought you were kidding, but now I know you're really dumb.

Why not allow him to cover his own grave?
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by davidif: 5:10am On Jun 06, 2008
@naijaking1
Who is this guy? I remember having another conversation with another adult, i can't seem to remember ever involving you in this conversation and by the way, with all the childish name-calling it seems i am talking to some really immature people and not adults.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 5:10am On Jun 06, 2008
So 20 Expartriate technicians to one Nigerian engineer?? Since when Back in the days when we still had a really good system in place, many of those down there happened to be Nigerians. Can we please ask what happened that got the number down to what it is today?? I think instead of looking at things as they are today and assuming it has always been so, we need to get more information on how it came to be the way it is today.

I have a friend who worked here in Texas until a couple of years ago when he got a job in one of the oil companies down there as an engineer. Why?? Cause of his qualification, I believe. He was made supervisor. He stayed down there only about a year before he moved back but he did mention that he had to work with a lot of inexperienced Nigerian people. I think instead of claiming the company intentionally chose to hire outsider's instead of Nigerians, it could simply be a situation where most of the skills sort were not locally available and so they were forced to look elsewhere.
Your friend is one of the favored few. We have  millions of well trained and qualified engineers in Nigeria. Majority of them are even more qualified than the job they doo at the rig but these white weasels relegate them to the bench and use our oil to reduce unemployment in their own country. Go to port harcourt and see for yourself the number of Greeks working in oil servicing companies without  proper immigration documents. This fellas could not get jobs in their homeland but they flood to Nigeria because our govt unlike Momman Gadaffi failed to implement the proper laws that will ensure the protection of her citizens.

Why do you think they stick around amidst all these kidnappings? They are now migrating to owerri and going to work every morning in a motorcade instead of them to do the right thing. Niger deltans must prevail.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 5:15am On Jun 06, 2008
Can you explain how crooked Awolowo implemented his 1957 fund you granted him? Why didn't he educate all these alaye walking around in yorubaland? I think he was the worst of the trio you mentioned. Please discuss better yoruba people and not that tyrant.

Read direct from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_boys
"Area boys, who are largely Yoruba, have existed in the city since the early 1980s. In 2007, the total number of area boys in Lagos was estimated at 35000 by a member of the Lagos State Judiciary;[4] as of 1996, the number of them operating on Lagos Island alone was placed around 1000.[3] A 1996 study of Area Boys on Lagos Island by Abubakar Momoh showed that only 26.4% of area boys were from Lagos State; Ogun State (22.6%), Kwara State (14.2%), and Oyo State (14.1%) all produced more than 10% of respondents. Most were between twelve and thirty-five years old.[5]

Asked whether they were "proud" to be area boys, 18% of respondents said yes, while 75% said no (7% did not respond)."
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by Kobojunkie: 5:18am On Jun 06, 2008
MallamMusa:

Your friend is one of the favored few. We have  millions of well trained and qualified engineers in Nigeria. Majority of them are even more qualified than the job they doo at the rig but these white weasels relegate them to the bench and use our oil to reduce unemployment in their own country. Go to port harcourt and see for yourself the number of Greeks working in oil servicing companies without  proper immigration documents. This fellas could not get jobs in their homeland but they flood to Nigeria because our govt unlike Momman Gadaffi failed to implement the proper laws that will ensure the protection of her citizens.

Why do you think they stick around amidst all these kidnappings? They are now migrating to owerri and going to work every morning in a motorcade instead of them to do the right thing. Niger deltans must prevail.

I disagree with the statement in bold. My own father used to be an engineer back in that country only a couple of years ago and even he lamented the poor quality of engineers our school systems were spewing out back some years ago. He did not have to work with an oil company to know this.  Port harcourt, only a couple of years ago, was not infested with greeks. This recent influx points to some factor being behind the move.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/496E3D96-F262-4AB0-8C85-5530FF3F4406.htm

I am not convinced that this is what Ken Saro Wiwa really wanted or his people want. Shell is a company and every company is bound by the laws of the land. If there is a problem, the government is to enforce law. Replacing shell to me is not necessarily same as dealing with the problem cause that assumes the company SHELL is the main problem and not the government responsible for the welfare of the people. On the other hand, we have MEND to deal with. Does removing Shell deal with the MEND problem?? Does replacing SHELL with a Chinese company mean the culture of corruption ends??
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 5:21am On Jun 06, 2008
davidif:

@naijaking1
Who is this guy? I remember having another conversation with another adult, i can't seem to remember ever involving you in this conversation and by the way, with all the childish name-calling it seems i am talking to some really immature people and not adults.

That's how foolish boys talk. Go ask your papa or your civic teacher when and who created UPE.

You just can come here and say such a factually incorrect thing and expect all of us to dance owanbe for you.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by landis(m): 7:24am On Jun 06, 2008
UPE started in 57(AG) and extend all the way to 1980s(UPN)

MKO is a good example who benefitted in UPE in 50/60s.

So if you dont know, ask and dont spread false story.

All the AREA BOYS have good primary education and even secondary.

The 'AREA BOYS' have nothing to do with their education but destruction of the economy by the military.

That said, YORUBA still remains the pillar of Nigeria economy.

As regards Biafra: You want to defeat your enermy, so freezing of FUND is legitimate.

Awolowo did not start the war but save millions by bringing it to an end otherwise the IBOs would have been wiped-away by North.

Note: I dont like discussing tribes but you asked for it.

Back to Topic: The new company that would replace shell, who are the shareholders?? Thats question to ask.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 7:48am On Jun 06, 2008
UPE did not start in 1957. Please educate yourselves with this nice article by Dr. Oyelere, and stop arguing:

http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTLM/Resources/390041-1141141801867/2275364-1141141835963/Oyelere_Education_Nigeria.pdf

Refer to page 13 of this paper to see when UPE started.

There are many article on UPE, but this one shows the timeline that might help you guys.

Anytime you look at the World only through your narrow, shortsighted, and tribalistic eyeglasses, you are bound to fall into a hole.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 7:56am On Jun 06, 2008
As regards Biafra: You want to defeat your enermy, so freezing of FUND is legitimate.

Awolowo did not start the war but save millions by bringing it to an end otherwise the IBOs would have been wiped-away by North
What happened to their funds after the war? How did it go down to 20 pounds per ibo person? The yorubas are lucky that the ibos are naturally industrious and were able to build up. If awo tried that on my people, i bet you Ijaw and yoruba will never live in the same neighbourhood in Nigeria till today. Call a spade a spade, the yoruba people may be good natured but their brother Awo was a tyrant.

Left for me, I'll choose Adedibu over awolowo because adedibu is evil, accepts he is evil, fights hard to keep his evil legacy and hides it from nobody, it's up to you to deal with him or not but AWo can pass for all those characteristics while presenting himself as an angel. Thats why the obasanjos never liked him.

Did i hear you say all the area boys have secondary education?
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2008
landis:

UPE started in 57(AG) and extend all the way to 1980s(UPN)
That said, YORUBA still remains the pillar of Nigeria economy.

Awolowo did not start the war but save millions by bringing it to an end otherwise the IBOs would have been wiped-away by North.

Freezing the account of Igbos might be regarded as a war strategy- no questions. But refusing to release their money after the war ended, and Gowon declared "no victor, no vanquished" is like stealing from and picking the pockets of your dead relative.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by superman(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2008
hmmm  nice to see these dumbs analist trying it on this one. reading still but the question still remains is why oh why there is still the emm aftermath of kolo-mentality in some people.

why can't some of these JUMBO-MOBO fools see THE LIGHT for  FU C K sake !!! damn me tire oo

but one thing for sure is this country must be taken away from foolish analist like some of yall

Just go to any nigeria embassy and see your so called engineers flooding the place and again whats makes you think they are real engineers?

what is wrong with some people in here: inconsequential analists doing my heading here !!

and what you makes think your so called shell wasnt defrauding Nigeria! your papa

Now forget your friend, why dnt you ask nigerians that works in the oil field, i think they are in the position to tell you! Some of these so called engineers are truck drivers over here!! any objections?

Imagine me driving down anambra state during last X-nas, saw your so called lebanese engineer tarring the road, damn i couldnt stop laughing. meeen what is going on with these political maonkies.

oh well im still here, ,
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by landis(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2008
What happened to their funds after the war?

Ask Gowon. Awo left the govt before Gowon, the Head of State.

Call a spade a spade, the yoruba people may be good natured but their brother Awo was a tyrant.

Nothing more to discuss with you.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by landis(m): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2008
Refer to page 13 of this paper to see when UPE started.

whats your Story? Awolowo started FREE PRIMARY EDUCATION in 57.

so if its not called UPE, who cares?
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by SkyBlue1: 9:06am On Jun 06, 2008
WOW, i don't know whether it is denial or what. Why do we like to do buck passing? How quickly this thread just fell into tribal sentiments. OK, let us analyse this logically, who is in charge of the education sector in the Niger Delta States? Is it not the government? @MallamMusa, so only indeginous people should be allowed to run the company even if they might be of lesser qualification and experience? Don't read into what i am not saying, people in Port Harcourt go to school of course, but with an education system that is so flawed whereby people can get good grades by simply buying some lecturer's "handout" or "book" or bribing and so on which we don't have to get into here you then have to ask yourself what the worth of those degrees are. Again don't hear what i am not saying, there are some good lecturers in Port Harcourt that got degrees abroad due to scholarship some 30 year ago i believe. But for the state of things who should you hold responsible? You want to go and hold some dead person responsible for the inaction of the government of that state in not just the educations sector but every other? Sorry but i just don't get it. How quick we are to pass buck, i am not really interested in what Awolowo did or did not do because we can't keep making excuses for rubbish. What on earth did Peter Odili do during his 8 years apart from reign terror on the people? What did Ibori do? So are you now also going to get angry at Fashola that is already investing in Education if in a few years time the schools in Lagos can provide much better graduates who can do the job better while those in the Delta regions are continuously ignored by the government and churn out some hard working people who have to be trained from scratch before they are given a job? What is the current government in Rivers State doing about education? Can we at least make the effort to be mad at the right people and act on that? If the current government is not doing anything in that sector what are people doing about it? Infact what is the governor in Rivers State doing? Can we please stop making excuses for where we are? Continuing like that is just folly.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 9:12am On Jun 06, 2008
WOW, i don't know whether it is denial or what. Why do we like to do buck passing? How quickly this thread just fell into tribal sentiments. OK, let us analyse this logically, who is in charge of the education sector in the Niger Delta States? Is it not the government? @MallamMusa, so only indeginous people should be allowed to run the company even if they might be of lesser qualification and experience? Don't read into what i am not saying, people in Port Harcourt go to school of course, but with an education system that is so flawed whereby people can get good grades by simply buying some lecturer's "handout" or "book" or bribing and so on which we don't have to get into here you then have to ask yourself what the worth of those degrees are. Again don't here what i am not saying, there are some good lecturers in Port Harcourt that got degrees abroad due to scholarship some 30 year ago i believe. But for the state of things who should you hold responsible? You want to go and hold some dead person responsible for the inaction of the government of that state in not just the educations ector but every other? Sorry but i just don't get it. How quick we are to pass buck, i am not really interested in what Awolowo did or did not do because we can't keep making excuses for rubbish. What on earth did Peter Odili do during his 8 years apart from reign terror on the people? What did Ibori do? So are you now also going to get angry at Fashola that is already investing in Education if in a few years time the schools in Lagos can provide much better graduates who can do the job better while does in the Delta regions are continuously ignored by the government and churn out some hard working people who have to be trained from scratch before they are given a job? What is the current government in Rivers State doing about education? Can we at least make the effort to be mad at the right people and act on that? If the current government is not doing anything in that sector what are people doing about it? Infact what is the governor in Rivers State doing? Can we please stop making excuses for where we are? Continuing like that is just folly.

Infact you are right. It was that bull called davidIf that started this tribal comments forgetting that his so called brother Awolowo stole from the ibos and bought himself and his generation a 40% equity share in coca cola Nigeria. but i still believe we should give an indiginous company a chance and when i say indiginous, i don't mean only Niger Delta owned companies.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by Backslider(m): 9:36am On Jun 06, 2008
I THINK WE SHOULD FOCUS ON SETTING A PETROLUEM SCHOOL

WE SHOULD RAISE IJAW URHOBO ITSEKIRI ETC ENGINEERS

WE SHOULD SET UP UNIVERSITY OF PETROLUEM IN ND

WE SHOULD HAVE A PETROLEUM BANK IN ND

WE SHOULD FLOAT NIGER DELTA OIL COMPANIES

WE SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT ALL GOVERNORS SET UP STATE OIL COMPANIES.

WE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THE UNKNOWN. I.E WE DONT KNOW IF WE GIVE LOCAL HANDS TO MAN THE OIL BUSINESS WETHER THEY WILL FAIL OR NOT.

WE MUST HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A MARTIAL PLAN SO THAT EVERY CHILD OF THE ND IS LIKELY TO BECOME AN EXPERT IN OIL BUSINESS.

LIKE I ADVISED ONO SOMETIME AGO WE NEED TO FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT THING.

YOU CAN NOT QUANTIFY AN OPPORTUNITY IN MATHEMATICAL SENSE.

YOU MUST ASK THAT SCHOOLS BE SET UP , GIVES YOU EDUCATIONAL ADVANTAGE
BANKS BE SET UP WITH WAIVERS ON ND CITIZENS, FINANCIAL ADVANTAGE
OIL BUSINESS SCHOOLS BE SET UP, GIVES YOU THE BUSINESS ADVANTAGE

THE KIDNAP WOULD NOT HELP THE PEOPLE. THIS IS A BAD PRECEDENT FOR MY BELOVED COUNTRY NIGERIA
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2008
landis:

whats your Story? Awolowo started FREE PRIMARY EDUCATION in 57.

so if its not called UPE, who cares?

You still get shame to argue on this topic? What's my story? You better know your own story, with all your slanted understanding of Nigerian educational history, you stupidly fail to appreciate the fact that free education, by whatever name it was called started in the west in 1955, and not 1957.

Accurate historical context is important; this is not a thread on urban legends or a tombo parlor. So you and your tribal friend either get it right or shut the hell up.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by landis(m): 10:27am On Jun 06, 2008
Accurate historical context is important; this is not a thread on urban legends or a tombo parlor. So you and your tribal friend either get it right or shut the hell up.

shocking. nothing to discuss further with you.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by naijaking1: 10:31am On Jun 06, 2008
landis:

shocking. nothing to discuss further with you.
grin cheesy grin

Much better, better to shut up when ignorant.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2008
@MallamMusa, I don't believe the problem is that we do not want to give indigenous companies a chance to run things. Look at NNPC, what did we get from that for how many years of investments?? We have indigenous companies but we still give most of the work out to foreign companies, why?? That question should be answered and dealt with before we can find a solution. The article states that Shell is being removed and another foreign company coming in. If the problem turns out to be low level of qualified workers to high from the area, the situation is likely to remain same.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by texazzpete(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2008
@Kobojunkie
mallammusa is merely a peddler of lies. The ratio is FAR more heavily skewed to Nigerian workers.
Most oil companies in Nigeria have been undergoing Nigerianisation for many years now, and they boast of over 70% Nigerian population.

What many ignorant Nigerians do not realise is that all these oil companies are global companies, and just as Nigerians move overseas to other branches of that same company on external posting, many expats move inwards to Nigeria.

When a job position becomes available, it's often a global vacancy, and staff all over the world can apply to come in. naturally, nigerians are preferentially considered for these jobs.

There were great flaws in the mode of operation of Oil coys in Nigeria in the past, but since the mid '90s, all have fallen over themselves in a bid to become responsible corporate citizens in Nigeria. The hurdle all these companies face is an insurmountable one;

how do you argue with the belief by ND youths that it's the role of the Oil companies to totally develop their communities (roles traditionally reserved for the federal and State Government)? Or the fact that 80% of Nigerians are unaware that at least 85% of oil revenue accrues to the federal government?

Yar'Adua has set a dangerous precedence.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2008

Posted by: texazzpete 
Insert Quote
@Kobojunkie
mallammusa is merely a peddler of lies. The ratio is FAR more heavily skewed to Nigerian workers.
Most oil companies in Nigeria have been undergoing Nigerianisation for many years now, and they boast of over 70% Nigerian population.

What many ignorant Nigerians do not realise is that all these oil companies are global companies, and just as Nigerians move overseas to other branches of that same company on external posting, many expats move inwards to Nigeria.

When a job position becomes available, it's often a global vacancy, and staff all over the world can apply to come in. naturally, nigerians are preferentially considered for these jobs.

There were great flaws in the mode of operation of Oil coys in Nigeria in the past, but since the mid '90s, all have fallen over themselves in a bid to become responsible corporate citizens in Nigeria. The hurdle all these companies face is an insurmountable one;

how do you argue with the belief by ND youths that it's the role of the Oil companies to totally develop their communities (roles traditionally reserved for the federal and State Government)? Or the fact that 80% of Nigerians are unaware that at least 85% of oil revenue accrues to the federal government?

Yar'Adua has set a dangerous precedence. 

Precisely my problem with what has been happening down there in the Delta's and in other areas as well.

I knew the ratio he gave was seriously skewed as I do have a lot of old classmates who work and live down in Port harcourt and have never gotten such information from them.  I was just trying to get him to see that the problem down there is not necessarily the companies but Government. Government is to be held responsible for development and not companies, be it Nigerian or foreign.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by superman(m): 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2008
how come whenever yoruba people get indicted it turns out to be a lie

mallammusa is merely a peddler of lies

how sure are these ANALIST!
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by texazzpete(m): 4:39pm On Jun 06, 2008
superman:

how come whenever yoruba people get indicted it turns out to be a lie

how sure are these ANALIST!

Because the insinuation that there are far more expats than Nigerians in the E&P business in Nigeria is a blatant lie.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by willy4: 4:40pm On Jun 06, 2008
MallamMusa:

which British after Biafran war? ask your father, awolowo froze every ibo mans account and gave them 20 pounds each. Your father cannot deny it, i may not be ibo but that was evil and it's better you accept it's evil so we can move on. Germans accepted what they did to jews was bad, white Americans accepted that slavery was evil, yorubas should at least accept that obafemi awolowo was worse that Hitler and Mussolini combined. Ask any ibo person, hausa person or niger deltan  about Awolowo?. mugun.
I agree with you, Yoruba people should return Ibo people money given to them by Awolowo. Thief no bi only arm robber.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by texazzpete(m): 4:59pm On Jun 06, 2008
While we're on the subject of post-civil war thefts, it's also often said that all Igbo land in present-day rivers state were confiscated by the Ikwerres (South South)

Stop playing the blame game.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by MallamMusa: 5:07pm On Jun 06, 2008
@MallamMusa, I don't believe the problem is that we do not want to give indigenous companies a chance to run things. Look at NNPC, what did we get from that for how many years of investments?? We have indigenous companies but we still give most of the work out to foreign companies, why?? That question should be answered and dealt with before we can find a solution. The article states that Shell is being removed and another foreign company coming in. If the problem turns out to be low level of qualified workers to high from the area, the situation is likely to remain same.

What am saying is that we have now repented, we are now new Nigeria and old things have seriously passed away. We cannot move ahead if we continue to invite these foreigners to manage our oil fields. When Bush tried that with the US ports, American people kicked against it and we should do the same. Money has a way of circulating, if the duo of Abacha and IBB invested their stolen money in Nigeria, the poor will somehow get a shade of employment.
Re: Shell Don Leave Ogoni Land; Shout Alleluia. by willy4: 5:12pm On Jun 06, 2008
Yoruba people should not hid their faces, time is due for them to return all Ibo money given to them by Mr Awolowo. Thief no bi only arm robber

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Pay N30,000 To The Nigeiran Fire Service For "fire Report"? / Nigerians In Foreign Jails: Who Is To Blame? / Owners Of Nigerian Private Jet Seized In S A With $9.3m Cash Release Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.