Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Do People Still Buy Music Albums? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do People Still Buy Music Albums? (8806 Views)

6ix Music Albums I Can't Wait To Listen On My Boom J8 / Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? / 9ja Music Albums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by lalaboi(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2013
wild child: lemme say they are official pirated albums lolz...maybe surulere mall cos i knw there is no cd store at ikeja mall and i guess ur new in Lagos to be asking where egbeda is and be mixin surulere mall with ikeja normally cds go for 150 around ikeja/allen/opebi axis from way back cos the last album(THE BIGGIE DUETS by Notorious B.I.G) i bought in lagos was at allen junction opposite alade market in 2005 and it was 150naira

Lol. I'm not new but i have not been here in a long while so i get lost a lot.

Its amazing tho, people overseas have to get this albums for as much as 7pounds/$9 and people in naija have the option of getting them for as low as 150 and they don't want buy grin

You guyz should pray that when you do something of sort that nobody will torrent away o. i'm not even talking about music no more, karma is biatch o

@mynd
i go kobalise you grin
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Just send it

Done
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Mynd44: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2013
lalaboi:

@mynd
i go kobalise you grin
huh?
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by okooloyun1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
ReineViolet: I just downloaded 5 albums for free and quickly by torrent. Best Quality.
I can only buy an album if I love the musician very much - Michael Jackson.
You downloaded 5 albums for free?u be confirm badooo.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
oko-oloyun:
You 5 downloaded albums for free?u be confirm badooo.

cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by timecop28: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
I still buy CDs o. No lies. Bought Jagz nation & 'Me, mouth & eye' at Obalende a few days ago., though for 100 naira each.
The last foreign CD I bought wld be Collie buddz's (been long tho). I prefer listening to d CD than on fones or laptops. I still have all my late 90s Hip-hop Cds and i still play them whenever i have the chance.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by okooloyun1(m): 11:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
timecop28: I still buy CDs o. No lies. Bought Jagz nation & 'Me, mouth & eye' at Obalende a few days ago., though for 100 naira each.
The last foreign CD I bought wld be Collie buddz's (been long tho). I prefer listening to d CD than on fones or laptops. I still have all my late 90s Hip-hop Cds and i still play them whenever i have the chance.
You gat 90s CDs u be DJ? I can`t keep musical CDs for a long time d few i have hardly play on my CD player.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by philfearon(m): 9:10am On Sep 13, 2013
Once it is 2face,Eminem and 50cent,i always buy them...I download others..
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 13, 2013
I see or hear a song I like, I look for it on YouTube ====>Convert to Mp3======>send it to my phone via iTunes,I know I can't "like" all the songs in an artist's album so YouTube gives me options.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2013
I do... and not just CDs.. but collection of CDs...

The last one I got was also a collection... like 5 CDs by Beautiful Nubia...

Really its lovely having the CDs cos you know ure paying for the product... except if you are buying online.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 13, 2013
The only bad thing about torrent is that you can hardly find Nigerian albums.....

But others...I just downloaded another round. cool
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 13, 2013
there was a collabo album between jayz/ r kelly(best of both worlds in 2005) the album was never released in US FOR copyright issues but it was flooded in the Nigerian market,my bro in d US was stunned when i sent all d CD tracks to him.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by abdolleez(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2013
The last one I bought was MI 's last album!!!
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Okaka27(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2013
meehn...d last one i bought was 2face 'african queen' album grin
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2013
I can't remember the last time I bought a CD the ones I sometime buy is either foreign or christian music but nigerian music is a no for me,sometimes you find out a nigerian CD of close to 20 songs in an album only have either 3 or 4 interesting ones and the rest are wack. I have decided to download those ones that are interesting instead of wasting my money to buy a whole album that just has few interesting ones.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by lalaboi(m): 9:42am On Sep 13, 2013
arcbabe: I can't remember the last time I bought a CD the ones I sometime buy is either foreign or christian music but nigerian music is a no for me,sometimes you find out a nigerian CD of close to 20 songs in an album only have either 3 or 4 interesting ones and the rest are wack. I have decided to download those ones that are interesting instead of wasting my money to buy a whole album that just has few interesting ones.

But sometime these albums sometimes have hidden "sweet" tunes which is why people get albums. . . rather than buy just any album, just buy your "favourite" artiste's one. helps him(motivation) to make more good music for his fans (e.g you)
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2013
Mynd_44:
Naija and foreign. I buy them to listen to the tracks that are not famous so I can know what the artiste is about
_
Uhh...dude, you know you can download entire albums, right?
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by collynzo2(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2013
I only buy Albums of some kind of songs that don't have large online presence. I bought Slowdog's album recently because some of the songs cannot be found online.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by collynzo2(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2013
spongeback: I see or hear a song I like, I look for it on YouTube ====>Convert to Mp3======>send it to my phone via iTunes,I know I can't "like" all the songs in an artist's album so YouTube gives me options.
why not search for it on a site like www.mp3skull.com ? Converting a video to audio usually gives a poor quality audio. You wouldn't know until you download the audio version directly.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by patostation(m): 9:49am On Sep 13, 2013
The world is changing very fast. I still remember my old turn-table and all the stack of LPs. Even after losing the means to play the LPs, I had to keep them for a while because I was attached to the songs.
Enter the VCD/CD Age. I bought a special iron shelf for the CDs until last year when I found it to be a nuisance in my house. Even now, I am cracking my brain as to what to do with the CDs because I don't need them again. Why?

Because I have a 320GB HDD full of pictures, videos and music. I can transfer some of the music into my Memory Card or Flash Drive and play on any of my appliances - Computer, TV, Music System, DVD, even the car as long as they have a USB.

Now how can I buy a CD when am looking for a way to dicard the ones in the house?
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by bluejeff(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2013
The only music album i had ever bought was 50cent's 'Get rich or die trying'
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by ThaProphet(m): 10:05am On Sep 13, 2013
Still do. I buy my fav artist's albums whenever I can. I try to support them by putting some change in their pockets. If I download and album, listen to it and I actually enjoy it, I go out to purchase an official copy whenever I can.

Last album purchased: Nneka - Soul is Heavy
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2013
I use this site and beemp3.com but most of the songs I listen to, like the highlife I don't find it there so YouTube seems like the best option smiley
collynzo2: why not search for it on a site like www.mp3skull.com ? Converting a video to audio usually gives a poor quality audio. You wouldn't know until you download the audio version directly.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2013
The last album I bought was plantashun boiz
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by Lakotai(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2013
WOW! After all these I have read, it seems like naija artistes have to rethink their music career op
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by seankay(m): 10:33am On Sep 13, 2013
My elder bro can't stop buying albums.he also download via torrent tho'
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by MrMac10(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2013
True the last rap album i bought with my album was 2001 by Dr dre and 400 degreez by Juvenile
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by nuelkaosi(m): 10:45am On Sep 13, 2013
Yes I do... Jst bought my Thy Nation come vol 1 by Jesse Jags. Waiting fr Man of the year by Phyno and 6 o clock by Yung6.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by 50calibre(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2013
Not anymore, since technology made it easier. I just downloaded Jay Z's Magna Carter Holy Grail for free.

No need for CDs anymore, it's all digital. I have them on my laptop, phone and other devices, and if I need them on a CD for car purposes, I can burn it my self.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by collynzo2(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2013
Lakotai: WOW! After all these I have read, it seems like naija artistes have to rethink their music career op
It's no longer news that Nigerian musicians make their money from shows and endorsements. They make only very little money from album sales.
Re: Do People Still Buy Music Albums? by biolabee(m): 11:03am On Sep 13, 2013
wild child: 9ja or foreign The only and last Nigerian album i bought was Mohit's CV(2007) and foreign gotta be Notorious B.I.G's THE BIGGIE DUETS(2005)...i download all albums now

damn,... the Biggie Duets!!

I go on and on.. dont take em to the crib unless they bonin
Pull your GString down south.. Aww

Nasty Boys - BIG ft JE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who is Amplifyd? / VIDEO : Anybody - Burna Boy / Mp3: Lyta - Self Made Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.