Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal (3683 Views)

APGA Recorded Victory In FCT Council Poll / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application / Peterside Qualified To Contest Rivers Guber Poll-tribunal (2) (3) (4)

Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by Brimmie(m): 1:58am On Aug 17, 2013
Edo State Local Government Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Benin City has struck out the suit brought by the candidate of the Labour Party,Kingsley Mustapha in the April 20 local government elections in the state.
Mustapha had filed the suit against the election of Prince Hassan Kadiri of the then Action Congress of Nigeria over allegation of non-compliance with some sections of the Edo State Electoral Acts.
The LP candidate had prayed the tribunal to cancel the election of Kadiri and ordered a fresh election.
But the tribunal, headed by Justice Iyobosa Okungbowa held that the evidence of the petitioner’s witnesses were at variance and was not substantive enough to cancel the entire election.
It struck out the petition and declared Kadiri as the duly elected chairman of Estako West.
The tribunal also declared PDP councillorship candidate for ward three in Owan West, Nakis Alasa winner of the election over falsification of election result.
It deducted some votes of the ACN candidate, Abass Ofere and ordered EDSIEC to withdraw the certificate of return issued to Abass.

Source: The Nation
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/lp-loses-at-edo-council-poll-tribunal/
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2013
oshio have had his way again omashe oo

anyway first, even though na one useless local news
first na first
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by Abdulsquared: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2013
good news 4 ACN nd 1st 2 comment
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by jericco1(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Who wan join me make we form our own party?

Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by kennyonthrone(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2013
Abdulsquared: good news 4 ACN nd 1st 2 comment
upon all ur rush u still no mk am......try again nxt tym dude

Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by pxjosh(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2013
E no consign me
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by MajHeadache: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2013
Abdulsquared: good news 4 [b]ACN [/b]nd 1st 2 comment

no be APC again
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2013
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by ygenius: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2013
Wetin concern me with wetin no concern me
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by ezedolar: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2013
And oshimole was once a labour leader
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by cKaiser: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2013
ACN waxing strong
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by MajHeadache: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2013
cKaiser: ACN waxing strong

[size=18pt]No be APC again?[/size]

▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒░▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀░░░░░▀▄▄▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▒▒▒░▒███▀▀▀▀███████▄▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒░▒███▀░░░░░▐███████▌▒░▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▒▒██▌░░░░░░░░▀███████▌▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒▐██░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▒▐█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████▌▒▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒▒█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▒░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒▒▐░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▀░▄▀░█░░░▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▒░▒░▄█▀▄░▄▀░█░▀▌░░░▀░░░▒░▒▒▒░▒
▒▒▒▐░▀░░▌░▌░░░░▐░░░░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒
▒░▒▐░░░▐░▒░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░▐▒▒▀▀▄▄▒
▒▒▒▒▀▀▀░▒░░░░░▒░░░░░░░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▀
▒░▒▒▒░░░░▒▒░░▄▄▒░░░░░▐▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒░▒▒░░▀▄▄▀▀░░▒░░░░▐▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒░▒▒▒▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▄▀▒▒▒▀░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒
▒▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▒▄░░░▄▀▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒
▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄█████▄▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by ygenius: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2013
A beg i come port harcourt frm OAU cum do IT,wetin concern me nw with politicks.stil searching for placement.in other words,i need help
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by ShineuEye: 10:25am On Aug 17, 2013
An election rigged massively by Alhaji Aliyu Oshiomhonle to retain power. In some PDP wards where no one has heard of ACN they still won massively in PDP strongholds. There was no election but selection.
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by anytexy: 10:27am On Aug 17, 2013
What I want to hear is that ASUU has called off strick and that national asembly has reduce their jumbo allowances. Also, that NEPA will no longer give me bill without supplig light. Not all these irrelevant issues.
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by MajHeadache: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2013
ygenius: A beg i come port harcourt frm OAU cum do IT,wetin concern me nw with politicks.stil searching for placement.in other words,i need help

go lagos and ask fashola for job
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by omusiliyu(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2013
anytexy: What I want to hear is that ASUU has called off strick and that national asembly has reduce their jumbo allowances. Also, that NEPA will no longer give me bill without supplig light. Not all these irrelevant issues.
why cant you wait till 2020...
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by searay(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2013
The election was rigged
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by nerodenero: 11:13am On Aug 17, 2013
Labour party is just there to labour as always and make up the number.They had better merged with another to become a little relevant.
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by nerodenero: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2013
anytexy: What I want to hear is that ASUU has called off strick and that national asembly has reduce their jumbo allowances. Also, that NEPA will no longer give me bill without supplig light. Not all these irrelevant issues.
Somebody should wake you from your slumber.It looked too difficult to achieve so soon.
Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by farem: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
[color=#990000]
SOME OF THE WORDS YOU USED ABOVE, ARE THEY ENGLISH OR GERMAN?

Re: Labour Party Loses At Edo Council Poll Tribunal by Ponel: 5:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
Good news I was wondering how AC won in owan.

Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Happy Birthday Omenka! / Achievements of the Man who is said to be "Clueless".