Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church (7654 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Bishop Sacks Pastors, Closes Church For Non-remittance Of ‘seed Offering’ / Anglican Bishop Closes Church For Non-Remittance Of 'Seed Offering' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church by Omexonomy: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2013
ayobase: Its pathetic that some wouldn't even read before posting...the topic only spurred many into action.

Go read the message before commenting.

Money was given to help the needies also. Full time ministers need to be paid. Salary and allowance.....even rent will be paid for....what about management?

Do you think the money each student pays in Covenant University is enough to take care of affairs of the school?

The bigger an organization, the bigger the spending.

The world is turning against Christ already. The anti-christs in action. What is the problem of the government on how the church spends her money. Were the worshippers complaining.

The have been giving freely, nobody forces ano contribute.....and its not a case of "don't come to my church if you can't give"

I see no reason why government should intrude into the affairs of the church once they fulfill the terms and conditions of the government under which they operate.

Our educational sector is in shamble today cos the same government hijacked the schools from the Christians and Muslims.

Let them investigate and never fail to give us the feedback.

Churches are now being investigated as Companies....its nice though!

And Oyedepo is a very rich consultant in his field.
in summary just show the govt what you have done with the money ur churches had collect in the past. They dont want ur tax.
Re: ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church by nora544: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2013
I can write only for my country here in Europa. We are christian since more then 1000 years.

The catholic church in my country didnot send money to the vatican for what, the vatican gets his money by himself not from the churches in the different countries.

We pay churchtax when you are catholic, and that is 1,1% from what we earn in one year but when you have a family, or you are old, than this will reduce the churchtax for you. That mean a Person or family who get 30 000,-- euro per year salary they have to pay 330,-- churchtax every year when you belong to the catholic church. When a family has problems to pay this than they can ask if they can pay less and this is no problem for the church, the same is also when somebody has no work and get the money that he can live from the goverment than they cannot pay this churchtax. When you pay your churchtax than the goverment say okay this money will reduce the tax you have to pay to the goverment.

With this money the catholic church pay the priest in the country because our priest and pastors teach also religion in the schools, teaching religion start in the primary school and every child who belong to a accepted religious community can go when the parents want it, when the child didnot go to religious education the child has to go to the
ethics class.

They give money that a church in a village can be renovate, they give money to the caritas, the caritas get money also from the goverment which helps the poor and old in the country and also the people from africa and other countries who come to europa for a greener pastur when they have no place where they can sleep, and the catholic church will never ask you if you are a christian or not, they help all the people.

They keep also always money when there is need in an other country like it was in haiti, that they can start with help very fast.

When you have an non profit organisation and most of them here in my country didnot belong to a church you should look that the money you need for the administartion should be very small.

We have many people who work for this non profit organisation for nothing because that is also what god want from us help the people who need help.

I have a good friend she is a doctor and she has 5 weeks holiday every year from her work and she works every year 4 weeks for doctors without border to help people, at the moment she is in jordan, and she works in an hospital there that they can help people from syria and iraq and she make it because that is what god want from us live a christian life, so she has only one week holiday every year.

That is what the priest and the pastors teach us here in europa and we don't hear please give all you have in your pocket and when you at home you would get back ten times more, help the poor and they people who need it. Pastors teach her when you have a dream you have to work that this dream come true because without work nothing will happen. God is not a printing machine like it is teached in Africa and also in America.
Re: ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church by Creatrixity(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2013
@nora544.
Are you lithuainian?
Re: ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church by nora544: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2013
Creatrixity: @nora544.
Are you lithuainian?

I live in a city, some say we have the best living in the world.
I live in a country where the people know what means live a christian life.
Re: ''Bishop'' Oyedepo Investigated 4 Fraud In D UK, as Cameroon Govt Closes Church by donfemo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
I really don't have much to say, but its a shame for a church to be associated with such. Am not surprised this church has its head quarters in Nigeria though.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lightning Strikes: Science vs Religion! / Jehovah's Witnesses: Letters To Nigerian Bodies Of Elders. / RCCG Holy Ghost Night: Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.