Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,361 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant (12471 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ / Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2013
APGA has a point, and Rochas has a case. The case study of Rotimi Amaechi vs Omehia of PDP is a perfect case study. Come to think of it, Amaechi was never voted for, he claimed someone's mandate and is acting demigod.

Let's leave the ungreatful Amaechi and focus on potential Rochas Okorocha case Vs APGA using Amaechi/Omehia case study; Should Okorocha declare that he is a member of APC, then his Governorship will be vacant cos he holds the mandate of APGA and APGA DID NOT merge with APC.

The constitution should be amended to forbid Governors from criss-crossing parties once they assume office, its precursor of political imbroglio in many states.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2013
cKaiser: When Tinubu left AD why didnt they declare his seat vacant

When TA Orji left PPA why didnt they declare his seat vacant

This threat is perhaps real but we are not sure. Okorocha is not popular in APGA right now it seems.

Cowardice - a bad disease. It can be manifest in low self esteem and bickering
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by omusiliyu(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2013
fingard02k: ..
must you show you stupidity here?
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by ziccoit: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2013
Promhize: Hmm, see idiots and shediots. U guyz are done in Anambra state, den disqualify soludo, kai.
Keep on making empty threats, infact una don finish for east.

Lol @ see hediots and shediots.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by acidiczuzzee: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2013
clint77ng: imo is on a stand still. He has done nothing for the poor masses who laid down their lives for him. Ikiri will be laughing at us.
who said imo is on a stand still,re u learner,re u sure u live in imo state?plz dnt say dat again,any party rochas goes 2 he will definitely win d election in imo state,
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by acidiczuzzee: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2013
unmask: hmmm so we actually vote for the parties rather than the candidate?.....well that might have been plausible in a country where the political parties have ideals....like the liberals and conservatives in the US.....I sincerely still dont understand please can someone tell me why we vote again?
in imo state d masses never voted 4 apga we voted 4 rochas,cos even an aged woman in my village knws d name rochas during d election.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Montaque(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2013
Umeh is not in the position to declare a judicial precedent.its for the courts to do so,dats y he needs to go to court if he is serious instead of making unguarded judicial comments. It will be trite to tell him that the two cases are not on all fours.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 17, 2013
Montaque: Umeh is not in the position to declare a judicial precedent.its for the courts to do so,dats y he needs to go to court if he is serious instead of making unguarded judicial comments. It will be trite to tell him that the two cases are not on all fours.

Is that not what Umeh said?

That if Rochas confirms he is now a member of APC that APGA will approach a court to declare Imo Governor's seat vacant?
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Abagworo(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2013
acidiczuzzee: in imo state d masses never voted 4 apga we voted 4 rochas,cos even an aged woman in my village knws d name rochas during d election.

Stop bothering yourself responding the haters. At least Rochas has been keeping it down low since this year and they go about calling him a noise maker. Those of us that do visit Imo State once in a while know the level of miracle that has happened in the State.

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Montaque(m): 11:20am On Aug 17, 2013
Billyonaire: APGA has a point, and Rochas has a case. The case study of Rotimi Amaechi vs Omehia of PDP is a perfect case study. Come to think of it, Amaechi was never voted for, he claimed someone's mandate and is acting demigod.

Let's leave the ungreatful Amaechi and focus on potential Rochas Okorocha case Vs APGA using Amaechi/Omehia case study; Should Okorocha declare that he is a member of APC, then his Governorship will be vacant cos he holds the mandate of APGA and APGA DID NOT merge with APC.

The constitution should be amended to forbid Governors from criss-crossing parties once they assume office, its precursor of political imbroglio in many states.
l advice u go and knw the full meaning of the right to freedom of association in the constitution. The effect of ur assertion is dat the party can automatically remove its governor if he defects.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by kross01(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2013
Billyonaire: APGA has a point, and Rochas has a case. The case study of Rotimi Amaechi vs Omehia of PDP is a perfect case study. Come to think of it, Amaechi was never voted for, he claimed someone's mandate and is acting demigod.

The new electoral act 2011 touched that aspect, which I believe was in furtherance to amaechi/omehia supreme court judgement. Based on these, APGA may have a case, but then its left for our judiciary to interpret, and i need not remind you how inconsistent those guys can be. We are watching them sha
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by kross01(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Montaque: l advice u go and knw the full meaning of the right to freedom of association in the constitution. The effect of ur assertion is dat the party can automatically remove its governor if he defects.
go read the supreme court on omehia vs amaechi and further look up the 2011 electoral act. In as much as you and i vote for candidates in the elections, before the law, its believed we voted for parties.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2013
Abagworo:

Stop bothering yourself responding the haters. At least Rochas has been keeping it down low since this year and they go about calling him a noise maker. Those of us that do visit Imo State once in a while know the level of miracle that has happened in the State.

You still have not answered my question why a Governor performing miracles will dissolve his full cabinet? and sack all his aides?

3 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by DTaj: 11:41am On Aug 17, 2013

So true, cKaiser! Na today? 'Decamping'/'defection' has been a stamp on our democracy since 1999, with PDP as the biggest beneficiary! Empty boast by Peter Obi's lap-dog called Umeh! There are several other examples aside from these names. Gov Yuguda of Bauchi did the same- won election on the platform of ANPP and left for PDP; same manner Gov Saminu Turaki of Jigawa and Aliyu Shinkafi of Zamfara respectively left ANPP for PDP. Gov Ohakim of Imo also left PPA (Orji Uzor Kalu's party) for PDP, after winning under the PPA platform.

In the Senate (since 1999 till this day), there have been too many examples, which favoured PDP and nothing happened; heavens did not fall. The list is endless: Obanikoro, Ogunlewe, Wahab Dosunmu and co (AD to PDP); Bala Mohammed (ANPP to PDP), Adamu Aliero (ANPP to PDP), Al-bishir (ANPP to PDP), etc, etc.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Abagworo(m): 11:47am On Aug 17, 2013
mikeansy:

You still have not answered my question why a Governor performing miracles will dissolve his full cabinet? and sack all his aides?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105290147.html?mstac=0

This was in May 2011

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akpabio-sacks-cabinet/113003/

April 2012

http://legisreportsng.com/akwa-ibom-assembly-akpabio-sends-commissioner-nominees-to-assembly-for-clearance/

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 17, 2013
I am not looking for news links

simple answer

why will a successful Governor dissolve a full cabinet that is performing miracles

and quite frankly that Akpabio has done it too does not support your argument either because Akpabio is not a model Governor. He is not so successful either!
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by kokoA(m): 11:51am On Aug 17, 2013

Ikedi Ohakim as well.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2013
kokoA: Ikedi Ohakim as well.

That someone else got away with it means nothing

it is down to whether it was ever brought before a law court for interpretation

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by kel4soft: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2013

How is Amaechi ungrateful to you and whoever. Are you aware Atiku defected to AC when he was a vice president? PDP did declared his seat vacant with Abuja high court but, Supreme Court nullified it. He decamped to AC and was still a vice President. On the Amaechi's case, he approached the court on the ground of substitution. Since he won the primaries, he should have been the flag bearer, but, he was replaced by Omehia who neither bought form nor contested in their primaries. Maybe the court should have declared Orji and Ohakim seats vacant. Don't you know the supreme court judgement on Atiku is now a law? If Amaechi was replaced by Opara who came second, we should have been on the same page.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by successking: 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
Rochas has got it all wrong this time. Who will help him?

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by arsenal1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 17, 2013

Did PPA declared T A Orji seat vacant when he defected to PDP? Enlighten me please
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by acidiczuzzee: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
mikeansy: I am not looking for news links

simple answer

why will a successful Governor dissolve a full cabinet that is performing miracles

and quite frankly that Akpabio has done it too does not support your argument either because Akpabio is not a model Governor. He is not so successful either!
re u kid dat u want him 2 spoon feed u,re u sure u ve been 2 imo state,in fact if u need answers just pay a visit 2 imo state and give me a call,just b my guest.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by chingydaboss(m): 1:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
Y say wat u don't know.. rochas is rili work in IMO state. D free education from primary to tertiary is enough to mak imolites vote him to power..

Close dat ur bucar cavity or...
clint77ng: imo is on a stand still. He has done nothing for the poor masses who laid down their lives for him. Ikiri will be laughing at us.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
acidiczuzzee: re u kid dat u want him 2 spoon feed u,re u sure u ve been 2 imo state,in fact if u need answers just pay a visit 2 imo state and give me a call,just b my guest.

why is it easier to go on google browse a link that shows that even akpabio has dissolve a cabinet before? than to give a simple answer? why will a Governor dissolve a cabinet that has been performing mirracles?

I was in Imo State last week! I did not see the so called eldorado!

Again if Okorocha and his cabinet are performing miracles, why did the Governor dissolve his high performing cabinet?

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by DerideGull(m): 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abagworo:

Thanks goodness you visit Imo State once in a while hence your skewed view of the events in the state. Please make time to listen to people who made Imo State their place of abode permanently.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by DerideGull(m): 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
arsenal1:

Did PPA declared T A Orji seat vacant when he defected to PDP? Enlighten me please

Are you insinuating Nigerians should turn into “what monkeys see, monkeys do” attitude? The issue rests on what the constitution stipulated about party sponsorship and elective offices in Nigeria.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Akainzo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
kross_01:
go read the supreme court on omehia vs amaechi and further look up the 2011 electoral act. In as much as you and i vote for candidates in the elections, before the law, its believed we voted for parties.

That ruling has nothing to do with a sitting governor changing alliances or party. The ruling relates to an ELECTION.

In this instance, there is no election and therefore the constitution is clear, only the stipulated ways of removing a governor can be used, and the last time I checked, none involved declaring a seat vacant.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by babadem2much(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
c u wey 1 make trouble, ordinary knockout sound will chase u away let sleeping dogs die nt even lie ma 6ta. juz pray 4 a beta governance dazz all

Bliss4Lyfe: APGA give Anambra Soludo and Obaze OR we will make TROUBLE.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by PatcomAutos: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
the chairman is high on something like sawa palp jor dry raking.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by killuminati(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wetin I wan talk sef?

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by penny01502: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2013

former governor of Bauchi State Isa Yaguda flee from ANPP to PDP, but okorcha is too harsh in manner

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
Are these not the same people that gave Fashola 3 days ultimatum, but later changed it to 2 years? Empty threat from the "Jews."

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Begs Oil Firms Not To Sack Workers / Nnamdi Kanu Is An Enemy Of Ndigbo. By Ugonna Utulor / Imo: "My Successor Has Nothing To Do" – Rochas Okorocha Brags(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.