Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) (3762 Views)

12 Years After September 11, Haunting Memories Of Terror Attack / What Are The Lessons From Egypt? / UK is Hiding billions of Dollars Stolen from Egypt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2013
The streets of cairo, alexandria and many other egyptian city runs red as thousands of people are dead due to the ongoing crisis. Below are some pics of the hell the most populous muslim nation has decended into.

Two men pray for scores of dead bodies preserved with blocks of ice block by protestors.

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
A man uses a touchlight to search for the dead body of a loved one out of scores of unpreserved, bloody corpses.

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Two egyptians kill their fellow egyptian who is a supporter of the deposed president, and drag his corpse around.

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
As the shooting military approaches and with no were to go, pro morsi protesters jump from bridges to their death.

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by soloxxng: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2013
so sad...... 9ijirianz are peace loving ppl.. Check out nah
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
A woman stands before a military bulldozer as it charges before her injured son.

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by frederal(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Horrific...life has no value again
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by redsun(m): 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
The price for freedom. Some die for others to be free.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
redsun: The price for freedom. Some die for others to be free.

Which freedom?

1 Like

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
The price men pay for war.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by baby124: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Honestly I believe fundamentalists like the Muslim brotherhood have no place in Egypt. Egypt is still Africa and they have a wonderful history that must not be lost to Islam, Christianity or whatever. I prefer the Egypt of 2 yrs ago. Though I don't like how the military is handling this. Offense is the best defense and I guess that is what they are doing otherwise fanatics may start blowing up pyramids if given too much space.

4 Likes

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
Post Mubarak era. This is what happen when we bring religion into politic. Mubarak and others should be smiling now. Change without purpose and direction leads to confusion

5 Likes

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
This may sound insensitive and my apologies to anyone who may find it offensive but most muslim nations do not need democracy, they can't handle it. They need a dictator to keep them in line, in the absence of that supreme power, there is choas. Look at iraq, libya, tunisia, many others and now egypt.

3 Likes

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by redsun(m): 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2013
Okoro2015:

Which freedom?

Free will.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
When two elephants fight, the grasses suffer, but guess who enjoys the most ? The Vultures.

Do not die for vultures. Democracy is not the best form of government. Ask Queen Elizabeth and the Chinese President.

1 Like

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
o so democracy is not the best form of govt for everyone abi?
so abacha et al were right after all? angry
any, my oga at the top is ihejirika. na 'we-we' no shaking!
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by redsun(m): 4:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
careytommy: o so democracy is not the best form of govt for everyone abi?
so abacha et al were right after all? angry
any, my oga at the top is ihejirika. na 'we-we' no shaking!

Some people need to be saved from themselves. From self destruction.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Longeria(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
That's what obtained when people start demanding for change just for fun of it. Next may be nigeria if Nigeria's replica of Muslim brother hood, APC is mistakinly allowed into power, God forbid. Change is good, but not all change is good, a change from frying pan to fire is actually a change but not desirable. Egyptians thought otherwise and they are paying handsomely.

1 Like

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by juman(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nothing justifies killing of innocent and peaceful protesters.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Kessythegeek(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
They Need Jesus.... Islam is just a religion
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by gentleoyink: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
redsun:

Free will.

To kill others?
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by solopumpy227: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
Longeria: That's what obtained when people start demanding for change just for fun of it. Next may be nigeria if Nigeria's replica of Muslim brother hood, APC is mistakinly allowed into power, God forbid. Change is good, but not all change is good, a change from frying pan to fire is actually a change but not desirable. Egyptians thought otherwise and they are paying handsomely.

On your refrence to Naija any form of change to the current regime is most likely to be better- we have never had it so bad.

While I agree APC composition is not too different to the failing PDP I still believe some individuals abound in both parties that can make some positive changes from the current retrogression.

Buhari,Fashola,Ribadu, Oshiomole, Okorocha etc are tested achievers (by Nigeria standard) while PDP' s Amaechi, Akpabio, Odia, and Nweala are all light years ahead of GEJ as presidential materials.

1 Like

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Biodup: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
This was the planed of buhari and co for the country if not for the wisdom applied by our amiable presido. Buhari tempted GEJ through all kinds of inciting statements to arrest him prior 2011 election to cause mehem.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by yiboboy: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
People jumping to their death from the bridge is really sad! They've made their point they should stop this senseless protest, it ain' working to start with!

1 Like

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by PapaBrowne(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
These Pictures should be a warning to Nigerians!!

When your politicians call you to start a revolution because they lose out on a power struggle, don't heed their call. Simply tell them to bring back their kids from Paris, London, Dubai and Los Angeles and put them on the frontlines.
Only then should you heed such a call.

This warning goes to all lovers of a certain old man(an ex coupist/head of state) who keeps promising us blood if he fails to win elections he has lost 3 times. This warning also goes to all lovers of one a certain loud mouth(an ex-militant) who loves chest thumping about war if his candidate is not re elected.

Nigeria's economy is booming. Let's work hard to make it a prosperous nation. Lets hold our leaders accountable. And if we must protest, lets do so in peace and more importantly lets focus our protests on our localities where the pains of underdevelopment are more evident. The money we use in buying jeeps can start factories. The money used in buying land in Lagos can start a huge factory. I repeat, this economy is booming. We just need a change in culture. We need to move from a culture of consumption to a culture of production. When you get a little money, your question should be what can I produce instead of what can I consume. That way jobs would be everywhere. About the power sector, it is coming up, albeit slowly. I repeat, don't listen to any politician who tells you rubbish about revolution.

We don't want the Egyptian situation in Nigeria. I visited Egypt twice in 2005 and I found it a very beautiful country. I found the people living prosperously. They were happy under Mubarak. They were free. I saw them at parties in the hotels I stayed in. They were so friendly. I remember meeting former Vice President Ekwueme there. The country was booming. Today, two and half years after the so called revolution, the country is in blood and turmoil and trepidation and everything has gone down. I weep for Egypt.

3 Likes

Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Symphony007: 5:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
PapaBrowne: These Pictures should be a warning to Nigerians!!

When your politicians call you to start a revolution because they lose out on a power struggle, don't heed their call. Simply tell them to bring back their kids from Paris, London, Dubai and Los Angeles and put them on the frontlines.
Only then should you heed such a call.

This warning goes to all lovers of a certain old man(an ex coupist/head of state) who keeps promising us blood if he fails to win elections he has lost 3 times. This warning also goes to all lovers of one a certain loud mouth(an ex-militant) who loves chest thumping about war if his candidate is not re elected.

Nigeria's economy is booming. Let's work hard to make it a prosperous nation. Lets hold our leaders accountable. And if we must protest, lets do so in peace and more importantly lets focus our protests on our localities where the pains of underdevelopment are more evident. The money we use in buying jeeps can start factories. The money used in buying land in Lagos can start a huge factory. I repeat, this economy is booming. We just need a change in culture. We need to move from a culture of consumption to a culture of production. When you get a little money, your question should be what can I produce instead of what can I consume. That way jobs would be everywhere. About the power sector, it is coming up, albeit slowly. I repeat, don't listen to any politician who tells you rubbish about revolution.

We don't want the Egyptian situation in Nigeria. I visited Egypt twice in 2005 and I found it a very beautiful country. I found the people living prosperously. They were happy under Mubarak. They were free. I saw them at parties in the hotels I stayed in. They were so friendly. I remember meeting former Vice President Ekwueme there. The country was booming. Today, two and half years after the so called revolution, the country is in blood and turmoil and trepidation and everything has gone down. I weep for Egypt.
same with libya where they enjoyed peace and stability under gadafi, their oild market boomed. They were an independent and proud country, today libya is in ruins and unrest, living off foreign aid money.

How about iraq, where for all his flaws, sadaam held the country together. Despite the ethnic divisions, they were forced to live together and the country progressed. Today ethnic problems have crippled the nation and not a day goes by without a bomb killing scores of people in bagdad.

Need i mention tunisia, or amny others? I repeat, most muslim nations do not need democracy.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by StellaBella(f): 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
So the whole world is just going to watch this people kill each other kpatakpata.
So without America, The UN, The EU even The AU will Siddon look.

* The picture of the mother and bulldozer broke my heart*
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Sad cry
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by deeptesting(m): 6:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
The protest is becoming senseless considering the number of casualties and deaths of the protesters,however, I wish the leaders of both sides can call for a halt of the protest and crack down by the security forces and go back to negotiation...The continued killing and arrest of members of the Muslim brotherhood will give rise to insurgency and Egypt will pay a very big price in both human and financial resources in combating extremist. It is so sad viewing the events in Egypt at this time.
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by mrking3(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Wow!!! Very horrible senerio!!! One of ma professors in school would say ... Guns don't Bleed but men do!!
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by bloggernaija: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
No shock there
It is the same Abacha did in the SW
same thing obj did in ODI and zaki biam
The same jonathan did in baga
Re: Haunting Pics From Egypt Crisis.(warning) by Rossikk(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
''Civilians have added a layer of menace to Egypt’s violence in recent days, as so-called popular committees set up checkpoints in neighborhoods, searching cars and occasionally robbing their drivers. On Friday, armed men roamed Cairo freely, their allegiances, to Mr. Morsi or to the military, unclear.''

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/world/middleeast/standoff-in-cairo-as-security-forces-surround-mosque.html?_r=0

Is this what some folk are saying they want to see in Nigeria?

''On Friday, armed men roamed Abuja freely, their allegiances, to Mr. Jonathan or to the military, unclear.''

''On Friday, armed men roamed Lagos freely, their allegiances, to Mr. Jonathan or to the military, unclear.''

Be careful what you ask for!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor South Africans Marched. / Picture Strikes Fear In Kasi (community) / The News That Shook The Whole Of Ghana Last Week (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.