Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia (1642 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / Welcome To Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by kel4soft: 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
I am just leaving Abia State capital as am writing this piece. The city is kind of modest with good network of roads. My observation are as follows:
1. Their roads are narrow and can't handle PH, Lagos or Kano population.
2. Lowly populated.
3. Most of their roads where constructed by Zerock Construction Coy. This means Orji Uzor Kalu administration witnessed massive road construction.
4. They have beautiful girls
5. Just 3 dualised roads in the entire capital.
6. Their public primary schools are dissappointing.
7. Good Federal Hospital.
8. Seen handful of cars donated as a means of empowering their youths with Ochendu boldly written on them.
9. Saw two towers.
10. Poor internet access especially 3G network Keeps flutuating (MTN & GLO).
11. Is a small place not fit to be call a city
12. Their Government house looks awful especially the entrance to the office of the SSG.
13. Bar the bad roads at Aba, they look more like a city to Umuahia
14. Their Governor pictures seems to flaunt every of their junctions.
15. Narrow or no drainages in their capital.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by gregg2: 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
Aba is by far a bigger city than Umuahia which is the state capital
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
kel4soft: I am just leaving Abia State capital as am writing this piece. The city is kind of modest with good network of roads. My observation are as follows:
1. Their roads are narrow and can't handle PH, Lagos or Kano population.
2. Lowly populated.
3. Most of their roads where constructed by Zerock Construction Coy. This means Orji Uzor Kalu administration witnessed massive road construction.
4. They have beautiful girls
5. Just 3 dualised roads in the entire capital.
6. Their public primary schools are dissappointing.
7. Good Federal Hospital.
8. Seen handful of cars donated as a means of empowering their youths with Ochendu boldly written on them.
9. Saw two towers.
10. Poor internet access especially 3G network Keeps flutuating (MTN & GLO).
11. Is a small place not fit to be call a city
12. Their Government house looks awful especially the entrance to the office of the SSG.
13. Bar the bad roads at Aba, they look more like a city to Umuahia
14. Their Governor pictures seems to flaunt every of their junctions.
15. Narrow or no drainages in their capital.

Umuahia looks cool because it has not experienced population explosion. I however believe you did not go round the town at least going by your claims of only 3 dualized roads. I went to Umuahia last in 2009 and then there were at least 5 dualized roads - Aba road, Umuwaya road, Mission hill, Library avenue and BCA. As at today I believe Bende road should be a dualized road as well.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by kel4soft: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abagworo:

Umuahia looks cool because it has not experienced population explosion. I however believe you did not go round the town at least going by your claims of only 3 dualized roads. I went to Umuahia last in 2009 and then there were at least 5 dualized roads - Aba road, Umuwaya road, Mission hill, Library avenue and BCA. As at today I believe Bende road should be a dualized road as well.
My dear, i did as i could maybe you are right. Even the dualised roads are just 4 lanes. That said, i noticed they love kolanuts.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 5:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
kel4soft:
My dear, i did as i could maybe you are right. Even the dualised roads are just 4 lanes. That said, i noticed they love kolanuts.

The 1st reason I disliked Ohakim and Orji was their so-called dualization. They just divided existing roads without expansion just to lay claim to dualizing the said roads. The most narrow dualized Road I've seen in my life is Library Avenue in Umuahia while Orlu Road in Owerri and Okporo road in Port-Harcourt come slightly behind.

Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by kel4soft: 6:18pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abagworo:

The 1st reason I disliked Ohakim and Orji was their so-called dualization. They just divided existing roads without expansion just to lay claim to dualizing the said roads. The most narrow dualized Road I've seen in my life is Library Avenue in Umuahia while Orlu Road in Owerri and Okporo road in Port-Harcourt come slightly behind.
I don't know exactly what Amaechi was smoking when he awarded that project (Okporo road). I think that is the worst dualised road in PH even though it has underground drain. When i noticed few metres marked for demolition on that road, i just know that road won't be wide.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by gregg2: 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2013
Abagworo:

You know how those our brothers in South East like multi story buildings. Those governors try to dodge paying compensation . . .
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 8:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
kel4soft:
I don't know exactly what Amaechi was smoking when he awarded that project (Okporo road). I think that is the worst dualised road in PH even though it has underground drain. When i noticed few metres marked for demolition on that road, i just know that road won't be wide.

Legal issues. The indigenes disagreed with further demolition and land acquisition. The same issue delayed Rumuokwurusi-Igwruta Road dualization but they seem to have settled recently with RSG. I think Okporo road would have been better reconstructed as a wide single Road .
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by talktimi(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
kel4soft:
ikwerre people no go allow you break their house any how because of road. I was at okporo rd some weeksback and nearly cried for my car.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by kel4soft: 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
talktimi: ikwerre people no go allow you break their house any how because of road. I was at okporo rd some weeksback and nearly cried for my car.
Sorry eya! How come they (Ikwerre people) allowed him demolished Adageorge, Ogunigba and the rest so wide. And they are even demolishing Slaughter road trans-woji road without the usual protest from them.
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by Abagworo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
talktimi: ikwerre people no go allow you break their house any how because of road. I was at okporo rd some weeksback and nearly cried for my car.

There's scarce land resources around Okporo axis as the road transverses through ancestral villages of Okporo, Rumuodara and Mgbuesilaru. Its not usually acceptable to demolish "Obiri oro" for whatever reason. That forms part of the problem and not "Ikwerre people" .
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by talktimi(m): 5:48am On Aug 18, 2013
Abagworo:

There's scarce land resources around Okporo axis as the road transverses through ancestral villages of Okporo, Rumuodara and Mgbuesilaru. Its not usually acceptable to demolish "Obiri oro" for whatever reason. That forms part of the problem and not "Ikwerre people" .
thanks for the enlightenment, no offence to the ikwerres
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
talktimi: thanks for the enlightenment, no offence to the ikwerres
3 dualized roads in umuahia? Umuwaya road, aba road, mission hills, library avenue, bca road, d CBN road, d state secretariat road, bende road, these are d ones I cn remembr, are they not dualized?
Re: 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia by remarkD(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Roger that on Bende road... but on a second thought... Finbars road cuts through/dissects Bende road...

Abagworo:

(1) (Reply)

CULTISM:4 Injured As Secondary School Students Engage In Free For All In Osun / CNN Investigation: Niger Delta Ransom Money Funneled To Boko Haram? / Buhari, Other Northern Leaders Caused North’s Backwardness’ - Arewa Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.