Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (97086 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by simplifier(f): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2013
but most importantly, I learnt how to swear for those seniors who were just simply wicked and cruel to me, when I say 'swear' I don't just mean all those casual swears that don't go anywhere but I mean that kind of swear that you wake up by exactly 1am and walk outside of your hostel naaked then you face your butt to the moon before you swear.
Hahaha, i aint so happy this morning, but this had me cracked up grin... welldone jare kiss
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by 4kizo(m): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2013
Next update plzzzz!!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
[quote
author=patholaw] we did somtin similar wen i waz in St. Gregs...some
gurls came close 2 our hostel...u don't want 2 know wat happened 2
dem[/quote]

who told u that we don't want to know what happened to them?
I want to know, oh grin grin grin
so that i can set up an 8-man committee to look into it.
*in GEJ's voice*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
Michael, I am sure you didn't get up to 20 in the exam.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by omotayo9177: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
kennyskeelzz:
bad market
lol
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good story
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
#no comments
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Dhortunn: looool...no tell us say na 10 u get o
Btw you should know Adekunle Ismail (Sama) FEDGCO 2006 HeadBoy, abi?
hmmm.... Lol, make I no lie, I no fit remember the name of any head boy during my time except my own set, its been a long while na.

@increible me. Ermmm... Petite girls being brainy, am not so sure about that any more.

@daniel, thanks bro.

@enigurl n giftey, una two be bad belle, maybe you are right sha.

@lolls and simplifier, hope you both now know how to swear? grin.

@living stone, had I know.

@ugonna, glad yu like the story.

@vivy, lol...

@adeswags, lol... Φk♠γ̲̣̣̥. Oh, if you say so. Ama ride on

@therock, I see you!! Better no try am o, all those your fans go chop your head off.
@lerte, thanks

@kizzoh, no reply.

@chiamaka, lol, you don see say e start wit '1' shey?

@4kizo, yes sir!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
**continuation**

They say change is constant and is a good thing but how true is that? At times change can be a bad thing, a really bad thing. If you are in doubt ask a lady whose heart was broken by a guy for a reason and I can tell you for sure that her response would be 'he just changed'.

Why am I giving you this boring lecture on change? Well, let's just say the transition from primary school to junior secondary school and then senior secondary school brought about a big change in my life.

Firstly, I recalled finally opening the english exam script and seeing '11percent', on seeing the score, I think I fainted or something like that because all I recall was that Stanley woke me up later on asking this;

'Guy! You no sleep for night ni? Sha where my script, Chibuzor talk say na you dey with am'

'Err.. Which script?' I asked rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand and obviously not recalling anything that happened after I saw my score.

'The scripter script' Stanley blabbed sarcastically.

'What?' I asked not quite understanding him.

'Ode! My english script na' he replied laughing.

And then it hit me, I instantly recalled it all. I recalled that I had tapped my chest boasting about my presumed 100 percent in english and then opening the script only to see 11, 11?! Like seriously? Who tha fvck gets 11 in an english examination that's mostly on figures of speech, I thought. Then I recalled my eyes becoming to heavy for the lids to keep them open so I decided to close them for a while so that I can ponder over what went wrong, I sat down on my class locker and closed my eyes... The rest is history.

Other marked exam scripts came and ironically I didn't pass as I had expected but didn't fail as much as I had unexpected.

At the end of each session, the first three and the last three are usually called out during the general assembly, so whereas the first three line up on the stage and face the whole school with pride, the last three have to stand just below the stage and try their possible best to cover their face in shame.

I personally don't see what the point is in this but 'na so I see am'.

I can clearly recall my JSS1 end of session assembly from the colour of the shirt my form teacher wore to the complete names of people from my class who were absent at the assembly that day, don't hail me for having a good memory but somethings are hard to forget...

'This are the names of the first three in JSS1 B: for the third position we have Emeka Ogbonaya. Second - Amadi Chibuzor and the first is Susan Lawal. Clap for them as the come on stage' one of our teachers called out the names during the last assembly.

The three of them walked up the stage and was given a golden hand shake by the school principal.

Come to think of it, why do they call such hand shakes a 'golden handshake' ? Its not like they would give you a piece of gold afterwards or their hands are made up of gold na? Anyway, I'll let you ponder over that.

And by the way, Lawal Susan was the assistant class captain, you remember her right? That chick that used style to ask for my name claiming it was needed for the class register.

'This are the names of the last three in JSS1 B, as I call your names, come out immediately, if you don't, we would assume you skipped the assembly and that would be a big problem for you' the teacher threatened first before going ahead to call the names.

Stanley and I stood somewhere within the multitude of students present at the assembly gisting and paying little attention to what was going on in the assembly. We both believed we weren't going to be among the first three and obviously not among the last so why bother ourselves?.

'Michael, shey you know say them don debadge senior Damilola?' Stanley asked.

NB: Debadge means being stripped of your status as a school prefect/ Captain. They give the captains badges when they are appointed so when a captain goes against the rules, his badge is taken from him meaning he isn't a captain anymore, I think that's were the word came from.

'Tah! Na lie...' I replied in disbelieve.

'Why you think say the guy no they stay for hin annex again?' Stanley asked.

'Err.. E fit be because of their final exams na, you know say W.A.E.C no be beans, you need to concentrate and focus' I replied.

'So if hin stay hin annex, the book wey hin dey read no go enter?'

'Shey you no say you daft? You no know say our noise and wahala go distract the guy'

'So na why you dey curse me be that? I don tell you before say this your bad mouth go put you for trouble one day, instead of say make you just correct me, you dey curse me first'

'But you daft na? No be curse, na just fact' I replied laughing out loud when...

'For the last position with and overall average of 36 percent I call on Olaniyi Jessica to come forward' the teacher calling out the list called out the first name.

'O boy, I don know say that Jessica girl na olodo since first term' Stanley commented, I just kept quite as I stared at the olodo girl walk up to the front of the hall and face the entire school in shame, I felt sorry for her.

'The second to last is Adeniji Oreoluwa with 40 percent, come out immediately' the teacher ordered but no Oreoluwa came out, it was asif the guy already knew his fate so decided to save himself from the embarrassment and skip assembly that day. The teacher ended up dropping a threat before going on to call the third person.

'And the third lowest person in the class with 48 percent is... '

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by BukkyDan(f): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wow....Op you gat me cracking..funny I tell ya...thumbs upwink
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
BukkyDan: Wow....Op you gat me cracking..funny I tell ya...thumbs upwink
mmm.. Thanks babe!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by simplifier(f): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
'And the third lowest person in the class with 48 percent is...
ODOH MICHAEL

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Guy u don carry d whole class 4 ur head cheesy
Na wa Ooº°˚˚°ºoO. ..nd u dey call person olodo
U no knw say na u olodo pass
Ur surnname sef fit form olodo (ODOH). cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
Guy u don carry d whole class 4 ur head cheesy
Ur surnname sef fit form olodo (ODOH). cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
U don carry class na
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Livingstone11(m): 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Hahahahaha ....u realy cary d Class 4 ur head.....eya....hw sarah go see u 4 dis one na
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Chuksemi(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Come rain come sunshine. Day school remains the best. I had a short stint in a boarding school. County grammar school etche, I stayed for only one term. Men stress was too much. Day school gives joy. Boarding school makes you sad. Shikena.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by MsSpaqs(f): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lmao @ d fact dat u had 2 face ur butt 2 d moon 2 curse.Av neva heard of dat one b4.
But ur school is harsh o y did thy need 2 call d last 3 outside.My school jes calls d name.Shikena
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Perfecter4real(m): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lovely story dude i so much love ur work. My complicated love story was one of the most captivating story i have read on nairaland u are simply gud bro ride on...long live FEGO pro-united.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Omo michael dont cari last ooo.....kikikiki
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Perfecter4real(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Your story make me remember my days in FGC sokoto we had four houses name after some river they are Rima house,Niger house,Osun house and Banue house rima house was my house which happen to be red house..Osun is green,Niger blue and banue is yellow house.attending a unity skul really help me alot before a use to be a very shy guy and also i wasn't comfortable around girls but after spending like 3years in skul i suddenly metamorphosis into a ladies man.. Fego 4lyf.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Perfecter4real(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Your story make me remember my days in FGC sokoto we had four houses named after some rivers they are Rima house,Niger house,Osun house and Banue house rima house was my house which happen to be red house..Osun is green,Niger blue and banue is yellow house.attending a unity skul really help me alot before a use to be a very shy guy and also i wasn't comfortable around girls but after spending like 3years in skul i suddenly metamorphosis into a ladies man.. Fego 4lyf.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by J0sh007: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
I'm here o following since page 1. U knw hw we do it wink
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Dhortunn(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
rotfl...it's either Michael or Stanley
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
kizzoh01: Guy u don carry d whole class 4 ur head cheesy
Ur surnname sef fit form olodo (ODOH). cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue

... OloDOH MICHAEL. @chistar, hope u didn't take offence.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Lollz(f): 12:31am On Sep 12, 2013
wow! .... dont tell me u were among the last three !....hmmm cant wait 4 d next update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 3:11am On Sep 12, 2013
Vivy Gift: Lol @ shocker of ma life grin.

Abeg no tell me say na 10/100 u get sad

10/100 ke Abi 1/100 gringringrin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Madawaki01(m): 3:23am On Sep 12, 2013
It must be stanley
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 3:24am On Sep 12, 2013
...and the third lowest person in the class with 48 percent is... olODOH Michael grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by VivyGift(f): 4:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Sanguine:

10/100 ke Abi 1/100 gringringrin

Lol. U wicked o. Anyway, God don save am, help am add 1 behind ur suggestion cheesy
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 12, 2013
chistar01: Good morning guys, err.. Today updates would come later on in the day, I've got somethings to do this morning(if only I had a house girl or wife) grin. Anyway, don't be bothered, Ill update as usual only at a later time.
Hmmm, wat happend 2 MsChistar? Btw, where is she?.....totally loving the story...still following

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Life Of A Uam Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.