Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority (2649 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / Why Do Women Generally Want More Kids? / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2013
@OP:

Men and women were created equal by God. Anyone who feels otherwise is on his or her own.

Generally, Men are physically stronger hence women are called the 'weaker' sex (physically) while women are stronger emotionally. However, there are exceptions.

Everyone esp. women should be allowed to be who they are than conforming them to the standards of their society. Currently, almost all spheres except marriage relatively treat both genders equally (With force sha)

If you are talking marriage, that is another ball game
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2013
Sissie: I think what women want is equity, not necessarily equality, and not superiority.

What is equity and what is equality?
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 11:41am On Aug 22, 2013
tintingz: Have never seen or read where women agrees on child support in courts, its always the man even if it was the woman that file a divorce case undecided

And mind you woman equality has to do with physical strength as well if ya'll ladies are fighting for gender equality smiley

That means that men are not even equal to start with

A 28yr old guy is superior to a 70yr old papa cool
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by tintingz(m): 12:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
bukatyne:

That means that men are not even equal to start with

A 28yr old guy is superior to a 70yr old papa cool
Lolzz... A 70yr old papa was once 28 and he can lift heavy stuff...but as for 28yr old lady many of them can't even lift a table. cheesy
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by tintingz(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2013
Sissie: I think what women want is equity, not necessarily equality, and not superiority.
Good one Sissie smiley
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by aaidel(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
hmmmm read a lot of the replies and while most of the women posting on the thread are making sense what they are saying rarely plays out in real life
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 2:02am On Aug 24, 2013
aaidel: hmmmm read a lot of the replies and while most of the women posting on the thread are making sense what they are saying rarely plays out in real life

Give examples of real life scenarios you refer to.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by aaidel(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2013
bukatyne:

Give examples of real life scenarios you refer to.

i already did didn't you read the opening post? but you still have women who in one breath shout equality and in the next want special treatment because they are women.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by ediemafio(m): 5:14am On Aug 25, 2013
What women want is superiority just as it is in UK and many other western countries.Imagine 2 flat mates (men) when they quarrel,it can't b resolved cos they see them selves as equal and right,if u apply same equality to marriage,how many marriages do u think can survive?it is vital for a woman to respect her hubby. No matter how stupid he is,it is not for her to decide..unfortunately,not every man feels secure about himself,it is not his fault,u'll only be adding salt to injury to run ur mouth on such a person cos u'll definitely get a slap..
Imagine a very ugly man who marries a pretty lady so his children could look better,first its not his fault that he is ugly,secondly,he did not force his wife to marry him..At this point,he already feels insecure about his situation,he will often suspect his wife,he'd believe his wife's actions are because of his predicaments,and then d woman damages his vulnerable heart by running her mouth,if he gets fraustrated and acts out of provocation and low self esteem,pls understand the kind of pressure he acted under.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 25, 2013
Sane women just want to be treated like human beings.
However to be treated like one you must act like one.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by aaidel(m): 7:57am On Aug 25, 2013
debrief08: Sane women just want to be treated like human beings.
However to be treated like one you must act like one.
and you sir have said it all
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by CNN80: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
edie_mafio: What women want is superiority just as it is in UK and many other western countries.Imagine 2 flat mates (men) when they quarrel,it can't b resolved cos they see them selves as equal and right,if u apply same equality to marriage,how many marriages do u think can survive?it is vital for a woman to respect her hubby. No matter how stupid he is,it is not for her to decide..unfortunately,not every man feels secure about himself,it is not his fault,u'll only be adding salt to injury to run ur mouth on such a person cos u'll definitely get a slap..
Imagine a very ugly man who marries a pretty lady so his children could look better,first its not his fault that he is ugly,secondly,he did not force his wife to marry him..At this point,he already feels insecure about his situation,he will often suspect his wife,he'd believe his wife's actions are because of his predicaments,and then d woman damages his vulnerable heart by running her mouth,if he gets fraustrated and acts out of provocation and low self esteem,pls understand the kind of pressure he acted under.

First of all, why would I marry a stupid man? I married an intelligent one. And when once in a while, he tries to make a stupid decision, if I don't point it out to him, who will? Abi I should wait for him to disgrace himself in public.
And if as an ugly man you married a pretty wife, your insecurity is yours to deal with and if you do have such insecurities, you should not have gotten married. If I am that wife, you will so hate yourself. If you can't accept the fact that I love you enough to marry you, then please don't propose. I can't deal with an insecure, frustrated husband that is looking for imaginary provocation to justify acting like illiterate buffoon.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by DarryOsh(m): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ochiban: i think we want whatever we can get away with. same as men. if men could run their mouth without consequences, men would. havent you noticed that the loudest men are often the biggest? equality should not mean being treated exactly the same, it means they should have the same rights. it is a weak man that resolves to physical violence when being abused. that is why men fight less as they grow older, they become wiser mentally and are smart enough to find other ways to deal with stupid people.

50 years ago, children were alwyas given to the fathers in a custody battle because the men could financially support the children better. it is because of how poorly men have fared in childcare that the courts now give custody to women

i agree there are situations where women put themselves in situations to get hit. one of them is pointing a gun at you. or kicking the shit out of you. yelling at you is NOT a situation to ask to get hit. more power gives more responsibility. men are physically stronger than women therefore they have to be more responsible with it. trained boxers go to jail if they fight with people because their fist are considered weapons and they need to be more responsible than a regular man.

long and short...if you gave women dominion over men, we sure as hell would take it. just as if men were given dominion over women, they would take it. that is why God was smart enough to give NO ONE dominion over anyone. He made men leaders and heads but did not give dominion. No matter who your boss is at work, there are somethings he can not do (unless you let him). same with husbands, there are somethings that are not within his rights. and by the way, he is only the head of HIS household...not head of every random woman he sees on the street
thanks for ur reply. Its just perfect
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2013
edie_mafio: What women want is superiority just as it is in UK and many other western countries.[b]Imagine 2 flat mates (men) when they quarrel,it can't b resolved cos they see them selves as equal and right,if u apply same equality to marriage,how many marriages do u think can survive?[/b]it is vital for a woman to respect her hubby. No matter how stupid he is,it is not for her to decide..unfortunately,not every man feels secure about himself,it is not his fault,u'll only be adding salt to injury to run ur mouth on such a person cos u'll definitely get a slap..

The flatmates' issue has nothing to do with equality. Try pride, arrogance and unselfishness.

How will issues in marriages be solved... (as implied in your post, they are both not equal)
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by ediemafio(m): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
CNN80: u have spoken ur mind, unfortunately it doesnt really work like that..insecurity is a very big problem to a lot of people.he will deal with it in his own way, just like anyother problem.it is not for u to teach him how to do so.dont give him a reason to suspect u, d only way to gain his trust is to b 100% submissive,never mind dressing like s.ex worker n keeping male friends out of office and strange call n all that..u need to accept ur fate if anything goes wrong..

First of all, why would I marry a stupid man? I married an intelligent one. And when once in a while, he tries to make a stupid decision, if I don't point it out to him, who will? Abi I should wait for him to disgrace himself in public.
And if as an ugly man you married a pretty wife, your insecurity is yours to deal with and if you do have such insecurities, you should not have gotten married. If I am that wife, you will so hate yourself. If you can't accept the fact that I love you enough to marry you, then please don't propose. I can't deal with an insecure, frustrated husband that is looking for imaginary provocation to justify acting like illiterate buffoon.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by CNN80: 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
edie_mafio: u have spoken ur mind, unfortunately it doesnt really work like that..insecurity is a very big problem to a lot of people.he will deal with it in his own way, just like anyother problem.it is not for u to teach him how to do so.dont give him a reason to suspect u, d only way to gain his trust is to b 100% submissive,never mind dressing like s.ex worker n keeping male friends out of office and strange call n all that..u need to accept ur fate if anything goes wrong..

Are you for real or just pulling my legs? I'm honestly wondering.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by MrsChima(f): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2013
Smh at some repetitive and old comments.

There are men who have sole custody of their children are receiving child support from the mothers.

Child support system is not gender specific snd the visiting parents is required to pay child support.

If the visiting parent do not request joint custody then the judge will determine who is a more suitable parent.

Yes, women are catching up to the men inthe judical ssystem...However it is majority of male judges and women are commonly the sole parent so therefore the notion of child support system being gender biased is false.

Child support is designed to support the well beings of children regardless if the mother or father agree with it. If you bring a child into the world you are responsible along with the other parent to take care of the child.

If you suffer willing and foolishly it will affect your child.

Pride is a sin.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by 2good(m): 6:18am On Sep 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Smh at some repetitive and old comments.

There are men who have sole custody of their children are receiving child support from the mothers.

Child support system is not gender specific snd the visiting parents is required to pay child support.

If the visiting parent do not request joint custody then the judge will determine who is a more suitable parent.

Yes, women are catching up to the men inthe judical ssystem...However it is majority of male judges and women are commonly the sole parent so therefore the notion of child support system being gender biased is false.

Child support is designed to support the well beings of children regardless if the mother or father agree with it. If you bring a child into the world you are responsible along with the other parent to take care of the child.

If you suffer willing and foolishly it will affect your child.

Pride is a sin.

For every one man collecting child support, you have roughly(just a rough guestimate) 99 women collecting child support, so you point above is meaningless. The legal system we have today in the west is 99% pro-women. A man sleeps with an underage girl and goes to jail. A 20years girl sleeps with an underage boy(13 yrs) and have the right to come out publicly to claim that the boy(now 14) is the father of her child so as to get some financial supoport from the boys family and she is not thrown in jail. That is how bad the western legal system have dehumanized being a male.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by bukatyne(f): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2013
2good:

For every one man collecting child support, you have roughly(just a rough guestimate) 99 women collecting child support, so you point above is meaningless. The legal system we have today in the west is 99% pro-women. A man sleeps with an underage girl and goes to jail. A 20years girl sleeps with an underage boy(13 yrs) and have the right to come out publicly to claim that the boy(now 14) is the father of her child so as to get some financial supoport from the boys family and she is not thrown in jail. That is how bad the western legal system have dehumanized being a male.

I believe everyone has to go back to the drawing board.

The Nigerian society has also dehumanized being a female.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by MrsChima(f): 9:54am On Sep 03, 2013
2good:

You are assuming stats without hard evidence. That is a no no.

I have also said women are commonly sole parents....so what is the Bleep you are talking about?

You are pretty much repeating what I said with bogus stats talking about my post is meaningless!

WTF?!!!

People read comments and posts BEFORE
responding....gotdamn!
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by MrsChima(f): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2013
bukatyne:

I believe everyone has to go back to the drawing board.

The Nigerian society has also dehumanized being a female.

Hmmm.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by MrsChima(f): 10:12am On Sep 03, 2013
People need to stop reading articles online and use them as credible sources.

Assumption is not a subsitute for hard statistics.

A victim of rape/asssult is not financially responsible for crimes committed against them.

Statutory rape is against the law even if the minor give consent. Plea bargains are given on rare occasions...it is impossible to avoid jail time.

A registered sex offender is not allow to be around children even their own. If children are produced through rape they can file visitations in some states but the judge have the final say.

The judge determine who is the more suitable parent for sole custody....not the parents. It's both parents burden of proof to convince the judge and if you lose don't blame the other parent.

Blame yourself.
Re: Do Women Want Equality Or Superiority by aaidel(m): 4:39am On Sep 04, 2013
the issue of child support is not necessarily gender biased but in most cases only women seem to imagine raising a child alone is the way to go. saddle a man with a child either through custody or bereavement and he will most likely get a partner to help him out it goes without saying that the western judicial systems are more beneficial to women, but i think women need to wake up and take responsibility for their bad choices if a woman has 6 kids with 5 fathers she is still given child support and i believe this encourages them to think single parenthood is the way to go a person consistently making bad choices is not to be encouraged thats just my take

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Things That Will Make Your Husband Love You More / How To Choose Your Man / My Wife Money Mismanagment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.