Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Wife Money Mismanagment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Money Mismanagment (2602 Views)

"I Will Die, If I Give My Wife Money" - Man Tells Lagos Court / "Leave Your Wife’s Money Alone" - Nigerian Man Tells Other Men / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Money Mismanagment by akpunda86: 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
Hello fellas.we are just 5 my two kids and I with wife and house help.i hate house help pisses me off but wify insisting but told her 4frm day 1 she is her responsibility well now shifting to me.
Well I just gave out 50k last week for food stuff and dis week again said no food .
Luckily I was paid sumwhere wanna give her 100k to buy food stuff in bulk but like she diverts so told her list all needed which she did .I'm going market mrw to stock the house.if I give her d 100k dat means I MIT spend again bf December.
Her money management attitude pissing me off

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by chatinent: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
I no go lie sha, I hate anything house help.

Shout out to all women out there who use ₦3k to the market and come back with two nylons.

May God continue to bless you as you continue to understand the conditions and still maintain dey respect him. E go stew one day...and you surely must be alive till then.

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Talk to her, is nairaland your wife?

The way you explain your situation to us here, explain your situation to your wife or are you afraid of her?

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
chatinent:

Shout out to all women out there who use ₦3k to the market and come back with two nylons.

May God continue to bless you as you continue to understand the conditions and still maintain respect him. E go stew one day...and you surely must be alive till then.

Which market will you go to with 3k and bring back 2 nylons? I want to know about that market, also write down the address.

I took 100k to the market to stock up for the month, i didn't come back with change. wink

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Sonnobax15(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
lipsrsealed
I really remember when I was little...Dad would give mum of blessed memory just 3h because na wetin he get be that, to buy soup ingredients... With a smiling face cheesy. Momsy go collect the money from am and even add small money from her okrika business wey she dey do to go market......
Sometime when momsy go dish the food put for table,you go hardly differentiate between food wey dem cook with 5k from am cheesy.

Op,no be say wife Material no dey,but it all deprivef on how you take package am.....Na you be the man and head of the family,why not kukuma sit her down and talk sense into her.....Even though say we know say our money no get value for now self,but at least that money wey you dey give her for foodstuffs reach to sustain a family of that size undecided

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by chatinent: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
motymop:

Which market will you go to with 3k and bring back 2 nylons? I want to know about that market, also write down the address.

I don't know myself how some wives do it. I enter market with ₦3k and all I may buy can enter my pocket.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by glimpse(f): 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
Things are quite expensive in the market now. I don't bother myself about market. Hubby does that because I can't be getting unhappy anytime I go to the market because of price hike in foodstuff.

Just yesterday hubby told me that Kings vegetable oil is now 8k, small time now, person go dey measure everything for house. Gas is now 8300 for 12.5kg. cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
chatinent:

I don't know myself how some wives do it. I enter market with ₦3k and all I may buy can enter my pocket.

I am asking because the last time i went to market, things were damn expensive.

I bought bag of rice, half carton of fish, yam, groundnut oil, packs of spaghetti, sardines, etc and i was wondering how my money disappeared.

Even if you are not buying frozen chicken which is not fresh and expensive, to buy and kill an old layer cost almost 2700 naira, that is just for meat. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I really remember when I was little...Dad would give mum of blessed memory just 3h because na wetin he get be that, to buy soup ingredients... With a smiling face cheesy. Momsy go collect the money from am and even add small money from her okrika business wey she dey do to go market......
Sometime when momsy go dish the food put for table,you go hardly differentiate between food wey dem cook with 5k from am cheesy.

Op,no be say wife Material no dey,but it all deprivef on how you take package am.....Na you be the man and head of the family,why not kukuma sit her down and talk sense into her.....Even though say we know say our money no get value for now self,but at least that money wey you dey give her for foodstuffs reach to sustain a family of that size undecided

Can 3h buy anything now, if someone gives you 3h to cook, will you collect it?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Sonnobax15(m): 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
motymop:

Can 3h buy anything now, if someone gives you 3h to cook, will you collect it?
Guy,,3h of back then is more or less equivalent to the 3k of now....But do you know that,woman wey don already sabi manoeuvre finish go must still find one way take manoeuvre, arrange something with that 3h? undecided
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by glimpse(f): 12:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
motymop:

I am asking because the last time i went to market, things were damn expensive.

I bought bag of rice, half carton of fish, yam, groundnut oil, packs of spaghetti, sardines, etc and i was wondering how my money disappeared.

Even if you are not buying frozen chicken which is not fresh and expensive, to buy and kill an old layers cost almost 2700 naira, that is just for meat. cheesy

You get mind dey buy sardines, like more than 1... Come and shake my hand

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Guy,,3h of back then is more or less equivalent to the 3k of now....But do you know that,woman wey don already sabi manoeuvre finish go must still find one way take manoeuvre, arrange something with that 3h? undecided

You can not eat a good and rich meal with manoeuvring

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Sonnobax15(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2021
motymop:

You can not eat a good and rich meal with manoeuvring
Family wey dey manage,you can't speak to them about a balanced diet undecided
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
glimpse:

You get mind dey buy sardines, like more than 1... Come and shake my hand

I can't eat jollof spaghetti without sardines.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by akpunda86: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
motymop:
Talk to her, is nairaland your wife?

The way you explain your situation to us here, explain your situation to your wife or are you afraid of her?

Haha nairaland is not my wife but part of my family cos we all have benefitted from d site thou Seun Na stingy man
Im doing d shopping morrow cos know wat I'll buy will last but if she go Na anoda story I no wan food wahala January

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Family wey dey manage,you can't speak to them about a balanced diet undecided

You are right.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by motymop: 12:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
akpunda86:

Haha nairaland is not my wife but part of my family cos we all have benefitted from d site thou Seun Na stingy man
Im doing d shopping morrow cos know wat I'll buy will last but if she go Na anoda story I no wan food wahala January

Budget for the month on feeding..
Atleast buy things in bulk.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Solofresh2: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2021
akpunda86:
Hello fellas.we are just 5 my two kids and I with wife and house help.i hate house help pisses me off but wify insisting but told her 4frm day 1 she is her responsibility well now shifting to me.
Well I just gave out 50k last week for food stuff and dis week again said no food .
Luckily I was paid sumwhere wanna give her 100k to buy food stuff in bulk but like she diverts so told her list all needed which she did .I'm going market mrw to stock the house.if I give her d 100k dat means I MIT spend again bf December.
Wetin una dey chop sef wey una dey burn 50k food stuff in one week

1 Like

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
Better! I was going to suggest you start doing it yourself when I saw that youll be going to the market tomorrow. Please do.

I Just dislike the way some women behave.

You see a man that is giving you money without even asking you to add yours and from the same money, you'll be fabbing your own. Someone with children for that matter.

Abeg go buy your thing.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by ahnie: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
chatinent:

May God continue to bless you as you continue to understand the conditions and still maintain respect him. E go stew one day...and you surely must be alive till then.
Like seriously ...3k and returning home with two nylons of vegetables I guess.
Chai your level of sarcasm is top notch grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Richy4(m): 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
OP, U might be surprised when you get to the market and discover cost of things.. smiley
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Oct 29, 2021
50k weekly for a family of 5 is not completely out of place if you can afford it. However seeing that you're not pleased, the first step is to re-evaluate the need for a house-help. If it is not mandatory to have one, then convince your wife to terminate her appointment.

Another way to cut down expense is to buy cheaper alternatives for all or most of your consumables. If Dano milk takes too much of your budget, then switch to Cowbell.

Also involve yourself in your family budget and expense. It doesn't make you a SIMP. What's the purpose of studying economics, finance, and accounting from basic school if you can't put those lessons into practice in your home?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Beninwitch: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2021
akpunda86:

Oga, things are quite expensive now especially foodstuff. Really it is not easy.
I will advice yo stock up the house then control the running cost of things such as bread, biscuits etc.
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by crackhaus: 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
akpunda86:
Luckily I was paid sumwhere wanna give her 100k to buy food stuff in bulk but like she diverts so told her list all needed which she did. I'm going market mrw to stock the house. if I give her d 100k dat means I MIT spend again bf December.
Problem solved.

Cheers...

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
akpunda86:
You and wife should sit down like adults, with paper and pencil in hand and flesh out the details of your weekly spending so you both get on the same page about this. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by cococandy(f): 2:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed

Does this your fantasy consider today’s economic situation?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by cococandy(f): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
Acidosis:

Also involve yourself in your family budget and expense. It doesn't make you a SIMP. What's the purpose of studying economics, finance, and accounting from basic school if you can't put those lessons into practice in your home?

110%.
That way, he can actually know if she mismanages stuff or if he’s unaware of how much things cost now.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Klass99(f): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2021

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Acidosis(m): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Klass99:

Come and shake my own hand, for making me laugh.

Sardine is not so pricey, I think it remains one of the most affirdable food items in the market except for that Titus brand.

I switched from Titus to one brand called Estus. At least Titus and Estus both sound the same grin. The quality is not bad either, but, the switch was due to price.

God. You guys! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Acidosis(m): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
cococandy:

110%.
That way, he can actually know if she mismanages stuff or if he’s unaware of how much things cost now.

Absolutely
Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
Did I read where you said you hate househelp? Can you do chores? One househelp sef isn't enough else no good show for you in the bedroom, I can't overwork myself and you still expect me to be turning 360degrees for you in the other room but if you insist on no househelp then you get ready to make love to a big sleepy log of wood in the bedroom,its that simple. Shalom.#radicalforjesus#

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Money Mismanagment by VlamesIffect(f): 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Omo O.P is your wife the poster above me. She take am personal o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BAD PARENTING: Mother Twerks Live In Front Of Her Baby (VIDEO) / How to keep your takeaway At A Party (video) / Know Your Angels And See How They Can Be Of Help To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.