Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,828,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (23233 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by coogar: 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mcmaye:

Really, are u kidding me? Dude u lack knowledge, you read your bible and check what it says. There is no difference in both, dey are both products of technology. And d best way to carry the word of God is to do so by heart.

the sarcasm flew over your head - if anything, you are the one with the lack of knowledge.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by hillsate: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]my personal reason being that unlike the book you cant underline important places....what wld you do if the battery runs down in service, you ll have to look for somewhere to charge it, which i find distracting.then you cant leave it on your seat and go out as we do to tell someone else that the seat is already taken. though its easier and faster to find passages with it.[/size]

Do you spend 10hrs in your church?
If you can't keep your Ipad or phone in your church for fear of theft, you call that a church?

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Donmichaelz(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
For your information BIBLE don't cast out demons,its the individual,so if u like use IPAD ipod i-anything as long as it develops ur bible knowledge u are good to go....I read my bible more wen I bought my BB cos it can also read it to me in audio form...for those who still use paper bible hope u know its a Sin to have torn bible?most of u don't even read it .
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by dnawah(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
As u wish,but no come back here say,ur tablet lost 4 church o.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by judedwriter(m): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
My friend's tab was stolen dis morning in church! Why carry it nd pose in church when u can study ur bible on it at home? However tab helps preachers in sermon outlines nd teaching.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by tyrese224: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No. Before physical Bibles what was used ? Even if tablets contained p*rn, the mouth that confesses the Word spills insults and heresies and the hand that holds the Bible w*ncks amongst other sins.
u wan go do show,admit it
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by adsonstone: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
No difference
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by beamzy08(m): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
anywhich way..so far it is undiluted
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by areee(m): 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
So coincidental, this topic was discussed in our discipleship service this morning (Baptist). But what could I say amidst the old skool congregation that out rightly negate the use of e bible.
One old woman even said e bible is for those that are ashamed of Christ.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by coogar: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
jude d writer: My friend's tab was stolen dis morning in church! Why carry it nd pose in church when u can study ur bible on it at home? However tab helps preachers in sermon outlines nd teaching.

there are thieves in your church?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
The truth is..The word of God is not in the ''book'' is in the content..wat differenciate the bible frm oda books is the ''content'', if dat content is transfered to anoda media, dat media automatically bcomes a Bible,
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Baddestguyp(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Imagine if one witch appears and wants to attack u, u will use ur Bible to block it right? But then can u use ur gadget 2 block spiritual attacks
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by uruomostephen(m): 6:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Either way you are still a slave. Cant you
spend the day with your family or do
something positive.

There re 2 thins in dis life is either u re a slave to God or u re a slave to d devil.you can conper the Bible with tablet not even tecnology pls fear God.my brother
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Baddestguyp: Imagine if one witch appears and wants to attack u, u will use ur Bible to block it right? But then can u use ur gadget 2 block spiritual attacks
too much nollywood i guess!! Hav a witch attacked u b4 dat u use a ''physical bible'' to block it?? Consider a person dat have a BIG ''physical'' bible dat dont read it and his/her heart is filled wit unrighteousness and somebodi dat has a ''tablet bible'' who reads and mediates on the word, who do u tink is the christian??

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by addictiv(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
hillsate:

Do you spend 10hrs in your church?
If you can't keep your Ipad or phone in your church for fear of theft, you call that a church?

i wont keep it to avoid stories like this one below, na today them begin thief for church? besides nobody who takes a tab to church can say that his battery has never ran down in church...

jude d writer: My friend's tab was stolen dis morning in church! Why carry it nd pose in church when u can study ur bible on it at home? However tab helps preachers in sermon outlines nd teaching.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by woletoys: 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
There is no difference & there is difference,
1. No difference - The words are the same, more bible version.
2. The difference - come 2 tink of it, we get 2 read d bible more with the bible on a gadget, there are more dan just bible on d device so we get easily distracted wit likes of FB, mails e.t.c.

This is my take
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Reference(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Na. Moses received God's Word on a tablet.... laser engraved onto the very, very hard drive.

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by charlesm91(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
if most today ping wit dey bb which also acts as a bible as dey claim, hw much more the tablet. The prob. Aint the device, its abt we nt gettin distracted. Hence it shudnt be encouraged.. Dedicate 1day or few hrs for God without ur tablet. God is same God of old n new. Wnt change for no one
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by bokohalal(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
So they use Tablet to pose in Nigeria?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by jambogini: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
Soreza: and to add to it,its a total distraction,imagine reading the bible 2ru ur tablet and a chat message pops up,surely u will divert ur attention to ur chat and be distract from the word,it is a strategy from hell

IF the bible apps have been downloaded to your tablet, there is no reason to use the internet while inside the church.. You can simply turn your internet off and use the apps bible only. The problem in nigeria is that we are not yet used to tablets and when someone use it, you will imagine people beside you will just got attention of it. unlike if you are in a well developed country, it would be more easier coz everybody has it and wont feel like its a wonder from heaven. i approve using tablet in the church while internet is switched off.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Orikinla(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
[size=28pt]No difference.
The first Holy Bible was written on Tablets of Stone before Scrolls.

The best copy of the Holy Bible is the one written on the tablets of your heart.[/size]
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by UyiIredia(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
ajasa4link: no matter the version of Bible in ur iPad,u can never use it to cast out the devil

So your Bible book does it abi ? Nonsense ! I'll stick the original inscribed-by-God 10 commandments I have_makes more sense. Not to talk of how this doesn't account for how the likes of Elisha and Paul worked cast out demons and infirmities before the Bible came.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by bodee(m): 7:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Soreza: no no no,even some churches if not all,its is written there that u switch ur phone off,so wots the point coming to church with a phone when it will be switch of totally,better at home
that was during the era of 3310.
I simply put my phone on offline mode and focus my attention on the word of God which is solely able to save my soul.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by MrAladin: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
@op When D devil Attacks U pls Ur tablet to Fight Him:
after d event i go know wetyn to yarn.
Going to Church Wif Tablet. Omo na notice me.
U no gi fit even concerntrate on d preaching n u go also dey distract others.
In The Catholic it is highly prohibited expecially in St Benedict cAthedral.
Where i worship.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by jambogini: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Baddestguyp: Imagine if one witch appears and wants to attack u, u will use ur Bible to block it right? But then can u use ur gadget 2 block spiritual attacks

Your comment is not reasonable, try to read what you wrote and think about it....

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by mikkyson(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
Both the physical and tablet types of bible contains the words of God and we can only cast demons by declaring the words in both.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by searay(m): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??
Lord I'm sorry, I will delete it after next week.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Maximus85(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
The Bible say we should not stumble others. How many people can afford and ipad in ur church? It distract them, it might even make them wanna go to any length to make big money.

Apostle Paul said, "If eating will make you stumble your brother, its better you stop eating"
1 Corinthians 8:13

So what will it take u to carry your printed Bible to the church? It even bring u closer to the word of God. As u open the pages, u learn how to easily locate the bible books.

I no wan talk too much joooor.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by anibi9674: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Havin d bible in ur tablet is nt bad. Bt wen in d midst of d brethen i think d physical bible is betteroff, ur tablet can b a form of distractor 2 u.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by cabotage: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??

Well, the devil is not scared of your phone or table or laptop but the physical Bible is fire to his eyes.

Though, no matter where you read your Bible from if you don't work according to it's instructions its useless!!
In my own opinion, or let me say in addition to your view, using a Tablet in the Church makes you very susceptible to accessing some other irrelevant things while you are in the house of God, where your full concentration is needed before God.
You may wonder what kind of distractions, I meant text messages, E-mails, "possibly missed calls", and some other books. But truely, how disciplined you are is only put to test, otherwise, I see no problem with it.

The Devil is so cunning though.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Judas2013: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
babseg: What if those people that wrote the bible are alive now, what do you think they will use to write?

They will be laughing at the fools who believed what they wrote

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"My Hero": Lizzy Johnson Suleman Releases Love Song For Apostle Suleman (Video) / 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic / I Have No Successor Yet ― Enoch Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.