Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? (634 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Pastor Chris Removes Information About His Wife From Church Website, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 18, 2013
Today is Sunday like every other but many people often find a way of giving excuses as per why they can't attend church in a particular day. Among the excuses are listed below, but which of them are you guilty of and why because a true christian can never be destracted by any excuses/situations from attending church? I know of a man whose son died on Sunday morning, without being bothered, he still left to church.

Here are the list:

1) "I dont have clothes/shoes"

2) "I didnt wash my clothes"

3) "I didnt iron my clothes"

4) "I dont have offering/transport"

5) "I was so tired yesterday so i want to rest today"

6) "I want to do some home washings and cleanings"

7) "Because it's not a particular pastor/minister that will preach today?"

However, You can add down yours but be sincere to yourself and make sure you go to church!

Happy Sunday to all and may the good Lord bless us all - amen!
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2013
None of the above, I don't just (wanna) go to church, simple!!!
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Dzany(m): 8:56am On Aug 18, 2013
must i go to church?
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 18, 2013
Ipso Loquita: None of the above, I don't just (wanna) go to church, simple!!!

What better place do u have to be on a sunday morning than church? The Bible says, in His presence, there's fullness of joy. Where else can u find the joy?
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany: must i go to church?

If u dont go to church, which better place will u go to receive the joy of the Lord?
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by AnOlAd: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Am on bed rest cry
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2013
I used to be guilty of # 2, 3 and 5. But i thank God for my life today.
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 18, 2013
AnOlAd: Am on bed rest cry

Bed rest, sick or relaxing? Pls endeavour to be in His presence no matter the distractions. No place can be better than His.
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by demelza: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2013
RedBenson:

Bed rest, sick or relaxing? Pls endeavour to be in His presence no matter the distractions. No place can be better than His.
See who is preaching on a sunday morning?
Na wa o!
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by iamswizz(m): 9:43am On Aug 18, 2013
gm tgagj
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Dzany(m): 9:53am On Aug 18, 2013
Godshand:

If u dont go to church, which better place will u go to receive the joy of the Lord?

for your mind now, the joy of the Lord is only in those noisy building you tag church...?

The joy of the Lord is open to those who seek and strive to do His Will...not in those noisy ranting you called prayer and songs
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by ashmanpolo: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2013
M

1 Like

Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Provie(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2013
Because God does not live in man-made house. Our heart is d dwelling place of God. He lives in me. Praaaaaaaise the Loooooord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
demelza:
See who is preaching on a sunday morning? Na wa o!

What do you mean? Do you know me before?
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by demelza: 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
RedBenson:

What do you mean? Do you know me before?
Arent you the owner of the a$hàwo thread in sexuality section?

1 Like

Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dzany:

for your mind now, the joy of the Lord is only in those noisy building you tag church...?

The joy of the Lord is open to those who seek and strive to do His Will...not in those noisy ranting you called prayer and songs

Are you a member of any church and why do you go to church considering ur above comment?
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
demelza:

wetin carry you go view the thread? tongue

does it mean he shouldn't go to church angry

SMH
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
demelza:

Huh, that? So becos of that i shld isolate myself from gospel of Christ and dare not preach again abi? I bet that man u call ur pastor is more sinful 100% than me and yet becos he stands to answer pastor, u kneel b4 him to lay his sinful hands on u claiming servant of God and u think he is better than me. Yes, that thread belongs to me but that doesnt make either u or ur pastor better in any way than me. Get that!
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
n.oxide:

SMH

Thanks for qouting him but dont bother give a damn about the self-acclaimed righteous fool. I can handle him perfectly. Am awaiting his next reply.
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by demelza: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
n.oxide:

SMH
Gbegborun!
Face front
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by demelza: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
RedBenson:

Thanks for qouting him but dont bother give a damn about the self-acclaimed righteous fool. I can handle him perfectly. Am awaiting his next reply.
Hey!
Easy dude! I never claimed to be self righteous and that shouldnt warrant you calling me a fôôl.
But go ahead, do anything that makes you happy, I know those I engage in brawls with.
Sorry if my earlier post made you rankle, didnt mean it.
#Im out
Re: What Excuse(s) Can Make You Stay Back From Church? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
demelza:
Hey!
Easy dude! I never claimed to be self righteous and that shouldnt warrant you calling me a fôôl.
But go ahead, do anything that makes you happy, I know those I engage in brawls with.
Sorry if my earlier post made you rankle, didnt mean it.
#Im out

Thank ur stars u've realized ur wrong perception on time. Go in peace!

#likeChristsaidit

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS.. Catholic Preists To Be Allowed To Marry / Who Has Seen Jazz/juju/spirit Work Before? / Synonymous To Our Present Day Most Pastors Mathew 23 Vs. 1-36

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.