Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Starting A Frozen Foods Biz - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A Frozen Foods Biz (1918 Views)

Truck Carrying Frozen Chicken Spills Content After A 3-vehicle Collision / How Do I Start A Frozen Foods Business In Nigeria / Frozen Foods Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Frozen Foods Biz by signature2012(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Plz i need advice and ideas on how to start a frozen foods biz such as fishes,turkeys and chickens,where to purchase them in bulk to enable me sell in wholesales to retailers and also what will cost me to get a mini cool room like a shop size,plz i need ideas from eperience hands in the house,thanks in anti-cipation.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Frozen Foods Biz by biafranqueen: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
signature2012: Plz i need advice and ideas on how to start a frozen foods biz such as fishes,turkeys and chickens,where to purchase them in bulk to enable me sell in wholesales to retailers and also what will cost me to get a mini cool room like a shop size,plz i need ideas from eperience hands in the house,thanks in anti-cipation.
hi signature 2012 I saw your PM message did you have a question
Re: Starting A Frozen Foods Biz by knowledge4(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
The major problem is the electricity to power the freezers.
What is going to be the scale of operation?
For example, if you are going to set up with one or two freezers and have to power them with a generator that will consume 10 litres of fuel costing N1000.00 a day, what profit are you going to make that will cover the expenditure?
But if you are setting up a coldroom that can hold cartons in hundreds, that could be more profitable. You will need a larger diesel generator but depending on location, the volume of sales will cover the cost of diesel and other overheads.
The business is profitable because there is market for frozen foods massively smuggled into Nigeria to bridge the gap. But it has to be kept frozen till it is sold. The poor supply of electricity is the major obstacle which means operating a generator at a higher cost. A 15KVA Diesel Generator consumes 2 liters of diesel per hour.
Re: Starting A Frozen Foods Biz by kyzaru(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
knowledge4: The major problem is the electricity to power the freezers.
What is going to be the scale of operation?
For example, if you are going to set up with one or two freezers and have to power them with a generator that will consume 10 litres of fuel costing N1000.00 a day, what profit are you going to make that will cover the expenditure?
But if you are setting up a coldroom that can hold cartons in hundreds, that could be more profitable. You will need a larger diesel generator but depending on location, the volume of sales will cover the cost of diesel and other overheads.
The business is profitable because there is market for frozen foods massively smuggled into Nigeria to bridge the gap. But it has to be kept frozen till it is sold. The poor supply of electricity is the major obstacle which means operating a generator at a higher cost. A 15KVA Diesel Generator consumes 2 liters of diesel per hour.

Think solar energy

(1) (Reply)

Palm Oil Wealth Business Opportunity / BVN Of 666 Is GTB A Illuminate Bank / Business Partner Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.