Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police (15245 Views)

Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 / Breaking News!!! Seven Commissioners Of Apc In Rivers State Decamps / Rivers State Commissioner Of Police Redeployed - FALSE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by gogodaye(m): 8:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
CP Mbu should not be distracted by Rivers politicians but allowed to his job in a non partisan manner given the dearth of evidence evincing culpability on his part. It is furtile to claim he is guilty because the events @ the Assembly took place within a ston throw from his office. If that were to be case Amaechi ought to held culpable since the BrickHouse falls within the same radius. Also public funds was used to mobilize the rancous crowd of paid hirelings by both warring camps on the said day

1 Like

Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by gogodaye(m): 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Gov. Amaechi alongside his brother governors should imbibe the virtues of good governance by leading & not ruling the people of their respective states rather than undermining institutions/organs of government by insisting on the perpetuation of bad precedents to later copied & discriminately adopted across the board. I hope he would not be heard tommorrow to complain should Gov. Fayemi following in his stead issue a similar order on CP Wakama who is a hardworking Rivers son to leave his state...

1 Like

Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by meforyou1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Me_for_you cp border patrol. I.e cp egunje. I no send anybody
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:11am On Aug 21, 2013
diamondboa: Come to think of it. Amechi too Is not a saint.He is responsible for most problem in that State .Mbu is just doing what he iS paid to do .Abeg people free the man jare .

He is paid to allow thugs into the Rivers State House of Assembly, even when the law makers asked him for protection. Especially when they are opposite his office.
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:12am On Aug 21, 2013
diamondboa: Come to think of it. Amechi too Is not a saint.He is responsible for most problem in that State .Mbu is just doing what he iS paid to do .Abeg people free the man jare .

He is paid to allow thugs into the Rivers State House of Assembly, even when the law makers asked him for protection. Especially when they are opposite his office.
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by Myself2(m): 4:45am On Aug 21, 2013
Okija juju:

[b]- So, its alright for us to leave Rivers State with two warring security Chiefs. Mba nu!!

The Nigerian Police is not the Army. I don’t think so anyways. I believe that the Army|Navy|Airforce are all answerable to only the President (The Chief of Armed Forces). But the Police on the other hand operates differently. Though they are a federal entity, I think their chain of command operates differently. Again, I'm not 100% certain. But I know I have seen the Army refer to the Police as 'Bloody Civilians' before.

Also, it would be wrong to say that the problem between the CP and the Governor stems from control. Let’s just use the ordinary instance of the assembly fight, did the CP act professionally?! Has he queried the officers that were at the gate of the assembly complex? what about the slow response time of his men?! How professionally did he handle that matter? Or should we speak of how he locked down Rivers State for 11 days just for the First Ladies visit? Where he dedicated over 300 Policemen to her alone? How the Governor was more or less trapped in the government house for 11 days? Or how the security men attached to the governor were withdrawn leaving the gov. exposed? Mba Nu!

Professional conduct?! Lol! If it were solely based on Professional conduct, Mbu should be facing an orderly room trial as we speak. He showed an utter lack of professionalism especially with the handling of the Rivers State house of assembly brawl.

[sub]P.S: I know its called the Bible..[quote author=Okija juju]

[b]- So, its alright for us to leave Rivers State with two warring security Chiefs. Mba nu!!

The Nigerian Police is not the Army. I don’t think so anyways. I believe that the Army|Navy|Airforce are all answerable to only the President (The Chief of Armed Forces). But the Police on the other hand operates differently. Though they are a federal entity, I think their chain of command operates differently. Again, I'm not 100% certain. But I know I have seen the Army refer to the Police as 'Bloody Civilians' before.

It appears you missed my first explanation,so here goes;It's one of those ambiguities in our constitution,in states where we have army,navy and air force bases,technically the heads/commandants of such units/bases ARE NOT UNDER THE GOVERNOR AS THEY NEITHER REPORT TO HIM NOR DO THEY INDEED TAKE INSTRUCTIONS FROM HIM(per se).The governor is the chief security officer of a state and even chairs the state's security council,but IS NOT REPORTED TO by the heads of the military/para military establishment in his state.
This situation has been on ground before the first republic,therefore the onus is on every governor to do all they can to ensure a rancour-free relationship with the CP posted to his state.Even if he wants the CP to be at his beck and call,and bends over backwards to ensure this,then he should go the whole hog and ensure he doesn't expect the CP to become so glaringly unprofessional as to openly disobey/violate judicial pronouncements and also not to do anything that may go against the instructions and expectations of the force headquarters,i.e IGP,WHO HAPPENS TO BE THE REAL PERSON the CP reports to.
Also you wrongly said that the commandants/commanders of army,navy and airforce in states all report directly to the president. grin grin grin YOU ARE WRONG.You might as well have declared that commissioners of police in states report directly to the president as well,that's the only way you may have been indirectly correct.For your info,the heads of police/army/navy and airforce units in states report directly to the IGP/Chief of army staff /Chief of naval staff/Chief of air staff,who in turn report to the president.NOBODY reports to the governor.
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by Myself2(m): 4:54am On Aug 21, 2013
On your other wild allegations

Okija juju:

[b]

Also, it would be wrong to say that the problem between the CP and the Governor stems from control. Let’s just use the ordinary instance of the assembly fight, did the CP act professionally?! Has he queried the officers that were at the gate of the assembly complex? what about the slow response time of his men?! How professionally did he handle that matter? Or should we speak of how he locked down Rivers State for 11 days just for the First Ladies visit? Where he dedicated over 300 Policemen to her alone? How the Governor was more or less trapped in the government house for 11 days? Or how the security men attached to the governor were withdrawn leaving the gov. exposed? Mba Nu!

Professional conduct?! Lol! If it were solely based on Professional conduct, Mbu should be facing an orderly room trial as we speak. He showed an utter lack of professionalism especially with the handling of the Rivers State house of assembly brawl.

I don't even know what to tell you than to ask what in particular you stand to gain by turning the truth on its head and making very wild and false allegations.??
Well it's good that Riverians like securi and ikiriye,who I guess,both live in Port Harcourt and are on ground to have better info on what happened completely disagree with you.
Wait a minute,security men attached to the governor withdrawn,300 policemen dedicated to PEJPort Harcourt locked down for 11 days shocked shocked shocked,that was an over lie lie on your part na haba
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by touch4mony: 8:48am On Aug 21, 2013
owolabifunke14: One Yoruba man,one Igbo man! Ok d police is now a northern force? GEJ why this mess?
this men where in police b4 GEJ came in as presido and they did not bcom cp i jst 2yrs.
Re: List Of Redeployed Commissioners Of Police by ambgiano(m): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
Because they are incompetent
I strongly agree with you @gratiaeo. If they were effective in their former posts, they wouldn't have been posted. Its only a sickman that needs a physician.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspend Maikanti Baru, NNPC Boss - PDP Tells Buhari / Fashola, Tinubu Speak At Lagos State Cabinet Retreat. / Tinubu Appoints Hafsat Bakari As NFIU CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.