Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,463 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship (17756 Views)

UK Approves The Extradition Of Julian Assange To The US. Wikileaks Reacts / Roger Stone Found Guilty On All Charges In Wikileaks Hacking Case / BREAKING: Wikileaks Founder Julian Assange Has Been Arrested After 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by okrote4real: 7:54am On Jul 28, 2021
A court has revoked Wikileaks founder Julian Assange’s Ecuadorian citizenship.

Administrative errors were made when citizenship was granted to Australian-born Assange in 2017, newspaper El Comercio reported Tuesday, citing an administrative court in Ecuador’s capital Quito.

Assange remains detained in London’s high-security Belmarsh prison.

The United States is seeking his extradition.

Assange has been accused of conspiring with former U.S. military intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning to leak a trove of classified materials in 2010.

The secret documents relating to the military engagement of Allied forces in Afghanistan were released on Wikileaks while Assange also collaborated with journalists at prominent news outlets.

A total of 18 charges have been lodged by Washington, which argues he put the lives of U.S. informants at risk.

If found guilty, Assange could be jailed in the U.S. for 175 years.

His supporters and press freedom groups view him as an investigative reporter who has brought war crimes to light.

Assange fled to Ecuador’s embassy in London in 2012 to avoid extradition. He was granted asylum there and later gained citizenship.

At the time, Ecuador’s government planned to grant Assange diplomatic status, which would allow him to safely leave the embassy.

However, tensions later flared between Quito and Assange.

The Ecuadorian government revoked his asylum status in 2019 and Assange was detained by British police for violating bail conditions.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/476088-wikileaks-founder-assange-loses-ecuadorian-citizenship.html

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Aidejay(m): 8:04am On Jul 28, 2021
Today's my birthday and I got FTC grin

The number of likes I get is the age I am today.

27 Likes

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Teaser4(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2021
Assange

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Ustec: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Wikileak!
Is it still true that Buhari is not in charge grin.
El Sudanese don dey choke all the ipobians for here o.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Guwf: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Nonsense sex addict, USA is calling

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
175 years in prison? Just say life imprisonment.

It's always difficult to leak the deep secrets of the government and be a free man.

Equador is just saving their own land from the wrath of the world powers.
Wishing the WikiLeaks man all the best.

27 Likes

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Ballwick(m): 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Can anybody pls explain or tell where nwamaikpe is?that dudes comments made me join this platform .

22 Likes

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by tutudesz: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2021
disappearing loading undecided

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by ArewaNightmare: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
grin grin If Buhari wants to IMPOSE TAX ON NIGERIANS he'll compare us with AMERICA OR BRITAIN but in terms of going against those he termed enemy of the state he'll choose KIDNAPPING instead of EXTRADITION WITH DUE PROCESS #SHAME

23 Likes

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Authority1o1(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
Okay...

You can't avoid adversity. Infact, adversities serve as assurance that you're doing the right thing.

Only that Assange's case is different. Detained in a British prison, possible extradition to the U.S, revoked Ecuadorian citizenship.

He has made enough enemies for a day.

3 Likes

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by rowland545(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
I don't really know much about this man's crime...but the way U.S are gunning for him....i fear for his life.

And the way I see it...U.K doesn't want to let ho of him either... So to b truthful he's fvcked really bad
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
Julian Assange's story proves that even in a democracy of more than 2 centuries, there is only freedom of speech and no freedom after speech.

One of his leaks "Collateral murder" reveals video clips of the cold-blooded murders committed by American forces against unarmed civilian babies in the Middle East.

America pursues him because he hacked and revealed what is called "classified" military information. These data show that stories are not always innocent and even if they are, they have more than one side.

After a long chase, Julian speedily drove into the premises of the Embassy of Ecuador in a foreign land. He was granted Asylum there. According to international law and diplomatic conventions, the embassy of a country is an extension of the country in the foreign land it is situated.

He was invited by two beautiful women to Sweden because he was sexually appealing to them. They consented to sex with him. But after one round of sex, he took off his condom and had his way without a condom. In Swedish criminal law, if a woman gives you consent to have sex with a condom and you take off the condom at any point, you have committed rape.

A clean set-up by the CIA, Sweden started chasing him for raping their "innocent" citizen...

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Akpuobi1: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
R for Rubbish
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Bedtec: 8:08am On Jul 28, 2021
Bring am come Nigeria make we give am brain resetting watery beans grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by JackDaAlienz(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Freedom Fighters and Matyrs are very strong divine beings who come to Earth to change it and fight against the Huge Big Enemy (Government)

1. Jesus Christ crucified by Jews and Roman government
2. Jesus fleed Jerusalem because King Herod wanted to kill him.
3. Jesus was tortured and flogged by Roman soldiers who drill nail into his hands.

U see the "Christ like lifestyle" is not a wealthy flashy lifestyle.
It's a lifestyle of persecution
Julian assange, Nnamdi Kalu, Sunday igboho and all freedom fighters are experiencing what Jesus Christ, St. Paul and all the persecuted disciples faced.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by ecolime(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Sad cry

With crazy Democrats in power, this guy is toast because Obama still run the show.
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
You see how messed up the world is?

This is just like another Igboho or MNK, this man exposed the evil of Uncle Sam and now he's being haunted for it.

So if you're looking up to US or UN or some other foreign powers for salvation, just understand that they're the major part of the evil in the world today!

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by excellencyabia1: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
I hope this news coming up is not what i am thinking concerning Nnamdi Kanu and sunday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by dingbang(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Ok, he can come to nigeria
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Michael662(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Ballwick:
Can anybody pls explain or tell where nwamaikpe is?that dudes comments made me join this platform .

Probably family issues or e don chop 3yrs ban..wait make I ask the mods

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by talk2hb1(m): 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Hmmn
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Commentor: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2021
Nnamidiot are you seeing?

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by BigBelleControl(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2021
What Julian Assange did in America is what Sowore tried to replicate in Nigeria.
Julian saw himself as an investigative reporter while the US government considered him a threat to national security.

There's no absolute freedom anywhere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by deedo93(m): 8:10am On Jul 28, 2021
Hmm
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Atheistan: 8:10am On Jul 28, 2021
Chaii
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Mercisharelove(f): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Yes, when the eyes of your heart is open you will never be confuse again about who to love, your love for things will supernaturally die and you will turn your eye to original love which brings you health, wealth and HEAVENS.

Have you heard of eternal life, do you know, or have you experienced what looks like supernatural experience??

You must desire for your heart to be open right now. You may not know what you actually desire

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by obi4eze(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
175 years shocked

1 Like

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Soylife(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Mehn 175years! That is much. Just imagine someone staying in one place for that long,no movement,no going out to do fun things,they should just kill him.

Do you know the reason most people take alcohol:
1. To be happy
2. To become more social
3. To forget their past
4. To relieve stress and anxiety

But why take alcohol for you to be happy,social,fearless when you can read my book "5tips to super confidence and happiness" and enjoy all this benefits for your lifetime.
After applying these tips in my life,I became the complete opposite of my formal self. Before I lacked confidence,fearfull,always anxious and nervous but now I am confident, fearless, and positive. People who know me before are always surprised when they see me now. Some have asked me if I 'take anything'?.
I just laugh and tell them yes. If you need this book contact my email on signature. Price is just 1000# and would increase in the coming days
Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Mercisharelove(f): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
I have to point out to whoever is reading this, there's hope for you, don't ever allow anyone tell you there's no hope for you, your life is planned, you may have numbers of plans for yourself, but you see, there are concrete divine plans about to be unleash if you only you will believe that you are divine.

There is a physical part of you, and the soul part of you and then your divine invisible part. Harness those and dwell safety.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship by Ahmback(m): 8:11am On Jul 28, 2021
It seems his time has come.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun / Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air / Coup Underway In Sudan: Internet Disrupted, Prime Minister, 4 Others Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.