Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,787 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (22340 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Corona99(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2013
A lot of people, (Christians) 2b specific..argue about the act of paying their tithe at the end of the month..God is the source of that income... He only asks of the 1/10th not 50, not 80... Xo why should you grumble? Is that how you show your own appreciation! To whom much is given..much is xpected..

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by damosky12(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
This explains the reason why some Christians are'nt as rich as they ought to. It explains why some arnt even rich at all. PAYING YOUR TITHES AND OFFERING IS A PRINCIPLE TO RECIEVING SUPERNATURAL ABUNDANCE.

God said: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to recieve it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground: neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts"
- Malachi 3:10-11. Whao! God said all these, not a man's idea. It isnt like a man's idea of making money. God said it. Bishop Oyedepo isnt the one who put it there, GOD DID. Pastor Chris isnt the one who put it there, GOD DID. Whao! God said "try me, if I will not open the windows of heaven to bless you that there will be no room to contain it. Not just that, He says: after blessing you, He will rebuke devourers for your sake. Whao!!! That is the secret behind "the Kingdom wealth".
Now listen, whether you believe it or not, it doesnt change a thing. Whether you pay tithe or not doesnt affect God's servants. They will still live in stupendous plenty.
Offering and thiting isnt an old testament law, it is God's principle of expanding they that apply it.
"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much..." - Luke 16:10

The principle to recieving plenty is to be faithful in the little wages, salary, income you earn. Notice, He didnt say "generous". He said "Faithful". That means, You arnt doing God a favour, You are giving Him what is His. Giving Him what is His is what gives you what is yours in Christ

24 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12: This explains the reason why some Christians are'nt as rich as they ought to. It explains why some arnt even rich at all. PAYING YOUR TITHES AND OFFERING IS A PRINCIPLE TO RECIEVING SUPERNATURAL ABUNDANCE.

God said: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse that there may be meat in mine house and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to recieve it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground: neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts"
- Malachi 3:10-11. Whao! God said all these, not a man's idea. It isnt like a man's idea of making money. God said it. Bishop Oyedepo isnt the one who put it there, GOD DID. Pastor Chris isnt the one who put it there, GOD DID. Whao! God said "try me, if I will not open the windows of heaven to bless you that there will be no room to contain it. Not just that, He says: after blessing you, He will rebuke devourers for your sake. Whao!!! That is the secret behind "the Kingdom wealth".
Now listen, whether you believe it or not, it doesnt change a thing. Whether you pay tithe or not doesnt affect God's servants. They will still live in stupendous plenty.
Offering and thiting isnt an old testament law, it is God's principle of expanding they that apply it.
"He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much..." - Luke 16:10

The principle to recieving plenty is to be faithful in the little wages, salary, income you earn. Notice, He didnt say "generous". He said "Faithful". That means, You arnt doing God a favour, You are giving Him what is His. Giving Him what is His is what gives you what is yours in Christ

It is either you are a thief or trying to venture into pastorpreneur. Did what you quote indicates money at all?

This is from the bible:

Deuteronomy 14
22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

From the above verse, tithe is to be paid yearly or every three years adding up all the previous years. This contradict fraudulent claims of monthly paying you and your pasthieves are spreading.

Tithe is farm produce and not money

Tithe can be convert to silver/money when you at distance place but you will use it to buy whatever pleases your heart.....meaning those farm produce you cant travel with but you can still buy farm produce when you get to the house of God. This contradict your holy-scam of opening account with the bank and sowing seed with money? Is church investment company?

Nothing like double double blessing in that verse, you pay tithe and praise the lord for giving it to you. Not the other way round, pay and be bless........you are a thief.

Paying tithe is jollyment..........your version is exploitation and ripping people's pocket dry.

YOU HAVE TURNED THE HOUSE OF GOD INTO HOUSE OF ROBBERS.

damosky12 and his team pastorpreneur are THIEVES

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by PastorKun(m): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

It is either you are a thief or trying to venture into pastorpreneur. Did what you quote indicates money at all?

This is from the bible:

Deuteronomy 14
23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always.
24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose.
26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.

27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,
29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

From the above verse, tithe is to be paid yearly or every three years adding up all the previous years. This contradict fraudulent claims of monthly paying you and your pasthieves are spreading.

Tithe can be convert to silver/money when you at distance place but you will use it to buy whatever pleases your heart.....meaning those farm produce you cant travel with but you can still buy farm produce when you get to the house of God. This contradict your holy-scam of opening account with the bank and sowing seed with money? Is church investment company?

Nothing like double double blessing in that verse, you pay tithe and praise the lord for giving it to you. Not the other way round, pay and be bless........you are a thief.

Paying tithe is jollyment..........your version is exploitation and ripping people's pocket dry.

Very well said, any pastor that preaches tithes based on Malachi 3:10 is either very ignorant or is a thief. There is no tithing requirement for christians in the bible.

14 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by damosky12(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

This is from the bible:

Deuteronomy 14

The law is different from the principle. Friend, God said "bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,......if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to recieve it." . My brothers in the faith, Malachi 3:10 isnt written by a Man. God did. Whether you deny it or not. It is God's principle of expanding you. Learn from Abraham (Hebrews 7:2). The issue is "can you trust God to His word?"

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by larryburton: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Very well said, any pastor that preaches tithes based on Malachi 3:10 is either very ignorant or is a thief. There is no tithing requirement for christians in the bible.
Are you sure?
Watch your word to avoid transgression.
I am a Muslim, just dislike people that lying to prove their point.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:
The law is different from the principle. Friend, God said "bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse,......if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to recieve it." . My brothers in the faith, Malachi 3:10 isnt written by a Man. God did. Whether you deny it or not. It is God's principle of expanding you. Learn from Abraham (Hebrews 7:2). The issue is "can you trust God to His word?"

You are doing a good job bro. The more you say this, the more some people start disbelieving in christianity when they see it as scam or the more people call you a thief venturing into pastorpreneur.

Bring all tithes (tenth of farm produce) into storehouse is not the same as pay your money and hard earned income into church account or sowing seed with money. Church isn't investment bank where you seek for double double profit and blessing. You and your pastors like are thieves.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Goshen360(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
larryburton:
Are you sure?

I counter that guy with bible verse. Im an atheist, love and respect others belief but not others strategy of exploiting.
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2013
nothing is wrong with paying a tenth of your income as a sign of respect for God. But such thanksgiving must come from d heart, don't be blackmail by religiousity or hell fire. Give freely that is when ur gift attract mutiple blessing according to the new testament.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by PastorKun(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
larryburton:
Are you sure?

I am very sure, it's not possible to preach tithes to christians without twisting scripture and contradicting the gospel of grace christ died for.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Corona99(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:
u're on point brother.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Corona99(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You are doing a good job bro. The more you say this, the more some people start disbelieving in christianity when they see it as scam or the more people call you a thief venturing into pastorpreneur.

Bring all tithes (tenth of farm produce) into storehouse is not the same as pay your money and hard earned income into church account or sowing seed with money. Church isn't investment bank where you seek for double double profit and blessing. You and your pastors like are thieves.
4rm all indications it seems ua confused bout d tithe issue....

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Goshen360(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:

Is tithe a 'commandment' or 'principle'?
What is 'principle' of tithe?
Where in scripture did God instructed tithe as 'principle'?
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Corona99(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

This is from the bible:

Deuteronomy 14

hmm..ua a greedy n incompetent fellow...4rm waht u jst listed..hw many of em av u put in2 practise! If u dnt give hw else do u xpect 2 geht!
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Corona99: 4rm all indications it seems ua confused bout d tithe issue....

Im confused while you didn't show your counter bible verses? Na like this dem brainwash you reach because I shouldn't judge this is christian package of looting

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
Corona99: hmm..ua a greedy n incompetent fellow...4rm waht u jst listed..hw many of em av u put in2 practise! If u dnt give hw else do u xpect 2 geht!

Im greedy? Did I ask for any money or told you I dont know when to give something to people in need?

Your question should be thrown to christian becaue im atheist......im if i am fit in this discussion, then your pastor, you and other foolish ingrates giving your hard earn money to some men should be blame for not practising what is laid or twisting it.

And you are so daft.......sorry for this.

#unfollow thread
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by damosky12(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2013
Goshen360:

Is tithe a 'commandment' or 'principle'?
What is 'principle' of tithe?
Where in scripture did God instructed tithe as 'principle'?
When I say Law, I mean 'rules u must follow to keep your salvation intact, ie: keeping the old testament laws. When I say principles, I mean things you must do to attract God's "special" intervention on specific areas of your life. Ie, Giving is a principle for Recieving, Paying Tithe opens the windows of heaven for your benefits and rebukes devourers for your sake. MALACHY 3:11

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Goshen360(m): 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:
When I say Law, I mean 'rules u must follow to keep your salvation intact, ie: keeping the old testament laws. When I say principles, I mean things you must do to attract God's "special" intervention on specific areas of your life. Ie, Giving is a principle for Recieving, Paying Tithe opens the windows of heaven for your benefits and rebukes devourers for your sake. MALACHY 3:11

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:

Like my brother and friend Candour, I am loosing the steam to debate tithe on this forum but I just cannot but respond to this post. It would be good that tithe advocate check up the meaning of the word Principle in the dictionary and when they are through with that they should show us were, and anywhere, the Bible stated categorically that tithe is a principle.

From the scriptures FOLYKAZE quoted it is clear as noon day the purpose of the tithe: to provide for a group of people God had selected from Israel of old to administer the religious and civil life of His people. These people, the levites, were not to inherit the land and God, who is ever fair and ballanced, said that though you will not have land, you will have the tithe. The tithe was meant to be a means of sustenance for this people who had nothing. So what is the principle behind tithing: it is not the tithe itself but the fact that God is fair and would have everyone provided for. The levites had nothing and so should have the tithe. The principle it further depicts therefore is that God's work should be provided for.

In today's church, were many are demanding tithes, we see minister owning lands, cars and jets, and still demanding the tithe. The principle of provision in the house of God is sufficiently covered by the call on believers to give willingly and without compulsion. Anything beyond this it is legalistic and a fraud.

The height of the NT Christian life is the fact that believers can be led by the Spirit and not by written codes. If the written code demanded tithing in the OT, it makes sense to see that that has been translated to a life of the Spirit, being led by the Spirit, in free will giving. The moment it becomes a compulsory 10%, it is no longer a leading; there is no more a freedom to give; it becomes legalistic.

The worst part of this tithe fraud is how modern day ministers are feasting fat on it, while poor Christians have to tithe their meager allowances.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by shdemidemi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
damosky12:

If you say through tithing you can open windows of heaven, please what happens to God's fore known and predestinated plan for your life.
Romans 8
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

"Success" and "breakthrough" are choruses that are fast becoming synonymous with the name of Jesus/God..

Most people attend church today because of their fad and obsession for those words, only to discover that they have become idol worshipers trying to use God to get the "BREAKTHROUGH" and "SUCCESS" (our idols) that we have so desired and anticipated.. The church has become a need oriented outfit.. The actual reason for church is defeated.
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by DrummaBoy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Corona99(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Im greedy? Did I ask for any money or told you I dont know when to give something to people in need?

Your question should be thrown to christian becaue im atheist......im if i am fit in this discussion, then your pastor, you and other foolish ingrates giving your hard earn money to some men should be blame for not practising what is laid or twisting it.

#unfollow thread
u're an atheist! Who cares? N bsidz on a secnd tot, dz topic z nt meant 4 u... N tnx 4 d insult, i appreciate.
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by damosky12(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

If you say through tithing you can open windows of heaven, please what happens to God's fore known and predestinated plan for your life.
Romans 8
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

"Success" and "breakthrough" are choruses that are fast becoming synonymous with the name of Jesus/God..

Most people attend church today because of their fad and obsession for those words, only to discover that they have become idol worshipers trying to use God to get the "BREAKTHROUGH" and "SUCCESS" (our idols) that we have so desired and anticipated.. The church has become a need oriented outfit.. The actual reason for church is defeated.
Predestination is a different ball game. That talks more about our salvation in Christ and not finance.
There is depth of open heaven blessings you can not experience without paying your tithes and offering.
Am not a G.O, neither do I collect tithes from anybody but, obviously from the scriptures, you are expected to be "faithful" to God with your income. Tithe is God's own way of insuring your finance, job, businesses and properties.
The reason many of you lose what belongs to you is simply because you dont pay tithe. The devourer could capitalize on this. If you pay tithes, God said: " And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,.." . That means there is a devourer. I didnt write it o, God did. It isnt a Scam. IT IS REAL!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Goshen360(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2013
damosky12:
Predestination is a different ball game. That talks more about our salvation in Christ and not finance.
There is depth of open heaven blessings you can not experience without paying your tithes and offering.
Am not a G.O, neither do I collect tithes from anybody but, obviously from the scriptures, you are expected to be "faithful" to God with your income. Tithe is God's own way of insuring your finance, job, businesses and properties.
The reason many of you lose what belongs to you is simply because you dont pay tithe. The devourer could capitalize on this. If you pay tithes, God said: " And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,.." . That means there is a devourer. I didnt write it o, God did. It isnt a Scam. IT IS REAL!!!

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2013
Corona99: u're an atheist! Who cares? N bsidz on a secnd tot, dz topic z nt meant 4 u... N tnx 4 d insult, i appreciate.

I am a christian but your hypocrisy know no bounds

You said

Corona99: hmm..ua a greedy n incompetent fellow...4rm waht u
jst listed..hw many of em av u put in2 practise! If u dnt
give hw else do u xpect 2 geht!

He replies

FOLYKAZE: Im greedy? Did I ask for any money or told you I dont
know when to give something to people in need?
Your question should be thrown to christian becaue im
atheist......im if i am fit in this discussion, then your
pastor, you and other foolish ingrates giving your hard
earn money to some men should be blame for not
practising what is laid or twisting it.
#unfollow thread

You start shouting INSULT! Please stop acting this way!!! Besides you should hide your head in shame that an atheist pointed out the flaws in this scam called tithe that the 'New age' celebrity pastors are peddling, absolutely ridiculous

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by PastorKun(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
damosky12:

You are obviously still a learner.
Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by shdemidemi(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
damosky12:

So God's predestination does not include our welfare! That's new. Why would the bible then say

Matthew 6

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

damosky12:
The reason many of you lose what belongs to you is simply because you dont pay tithe. The devourer could capitalize on this. If you pay tithes, God said: " And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes,.." . That means there is a devourer. I didnt write it o, God did. It isnt a Scam. IT IS REAL!! !

Please mention one Christian the paid tithes in the scripture.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by DrummaBoy(m): 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
There is an aspect of tithing that I believe is Idolatorous. In the OT God accused Israel of Idolatry. In the NT, love of money is said to be idolatry.

Here, damosky goes on and on about the need to be blessed, rich and wealthy. You ask: for what purpose? 'Those that seek to be rich will pierce themselves with many sorrows'. What these people do not realize is that in the quest to be rich and blessed, they have set up for idolatorous worship and the end shall be many sorrows for them.

The reason why one must contend not against the poor folks being fleeced but against their teachers who are the prime beneficiaries, is because whichever way U slice it, those preachers will smile to the banks.

But times are changing and many people are discovering the tithe and other fleecing schemes of the prosperity bigots as a lie indeed. Their source of wealth, like that young woman Paul delivered in Acts 16, is being threatened and they are fighting it tooth and nail.

Damosky, tithing is fraud

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Joagbaje(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2013
damosky12:

Well said . Tithing is based on abrahamic faith and covenant .not based on law

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by PastorKun(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Joagbaje:

Well said . Tithing is based on abrahamic faith and covenant .not based on law

I look forward to the day you would truly accept christ and delivered from the mamon manifested in your life by your love for collecting tithes.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? by Gombs(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

This is from the bible:

Deuteronomy 14

Wot if I'm selling cars and don't have farm produce, and I didn't travel far frm my church, so it shdnt be a problem if I take one-tenth of the total cars to church, would it? Evn if I drive the car to church as tithe, you wud stil call pastors thieves. Ok frm wot you said, "tithe is to be paid yearly or every three years adding up all the previous years" imagine a church of 15,000 members, who after as you said every 3yrs now brought their farm produce...imagine the amount of cow, chicken, yams, beans, maize that wud litter d church altar...evn at that you'd say "gullible pple feeding the pastors while poor people starve to death". Also from this " Tithe is farm produce and not money meaning if I don't farm, then tithing aint for me, yes?

Sir understand quoted Moses's law, tithing was never of Moses but abraham. Question then is, did abraham give farm produce? If he didn't, then Abraham did it wrongly, no?

We are NO LONGER under the law

Roman 6 v 14 New Living Translation

...for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God's grace.

Gal 3v25 New Living Translation

And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer
need the law as our guardian.

But look what paul said about the law in romans 13 from verses

9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

If then love is the fulfillment of the LAWS of Moses, Jesus then said

John 14v15 King James Bible

If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Who gave the command in Malachi 3v8-11??

You are an atheist I gathered, in Christianity, we believe in the Trinity. God=Jesus=Holy Spirit. I knw tis hard for you to wrap your head around that, but this is what Paul said about it in 1corinth 2v14

14 The person without the Spirit does not
accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but
considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Release Suspected Killers Of Eunice Elisha, Abuja Evangelist / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? / 7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.