Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? (24219 Views)

Why Do Nigeria Men Prefer Male Child To Female Child / What Language Do Your Parents Speak To Eachother / And To Which Language Do These Famous Naija Expressions Belong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Two things always come to my mind once i think of the languages in nigeria

1) how many language do we really have in nigeria?

2) do all languages in nigeria have name?

let me start with my own

am from delta state
ibo speaking part
we speak delta ibo

there was an unconfirm story that delta has more than 15 languages

so people, do your language have name and how many language do you think we have in nigeria?
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by onuwaje(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
Well... Am from delta and I have never heard that there were 15 tribes in delta state... I am an itsekiri

The following tribes in delta are as follows

1.Itsekiri
2.Ijaw
3.Isoko
4.Urhobo( uvwie, ujenwi,ughelli,okpe dialects)
5.Delta ibo(ika,ukwani )
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
onuwaje: Well... Am from delta and I have never heard that there were 15 tribes in delta state... I am an itsekiri

The following tribes in delta are as follows

1.Itsekiri
2.Ijaw
3.Isoko
4.Urhobo( uvwie, ujenwi,ughelli,okpe dialects)
5.Delta ibo(ika,ukwani )
thank you for that explanation
that is why i said "unconfirm story"

am from ubulu-uno and ogwash-uku both speaks delta ibo
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by onuwaje(m): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
f rain c: thank you for that explanation
that is why i said "unconfirm story"

am from ubulu-uno and ogwash-uku both speaks delta ibo

I'll advice u to stop using the term 'delta ibo' cos it doesn't go well with dem.. Seems u don't live in delta.. If ur using d term 'delta ibo' den how will u classify the ikwerre,etche,ndoni people of rivers state?? Will u call 'em 'rivers ibo'?
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 11:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
onuwaje:
I'll advice u to stop using the term 'delta ibo' cos it doesn't go well with dem.. Seems u don't live in delta.. If ur using d term 'delta ibo' den how will u classify the ikwerre,etche,ndoni people of rivers state?? Will u call 'em 'rivers ibo'?
yes i base in lagos,
actualy that is how we do differentiate ourselfs from the eastern people but you are right though
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by onuwaje(m): 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
f rain c: yes i base in lagos,
actualy that is how we do differentiate ourselfs from the eastern people but you are right though
well pls take note: even tho am not from d so called 'delta ibo'... These peeps don't like to be addressed that way
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by oturugo(m): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2013
onuwaje: well pls take note: even tho am not from d so called 'delta ibo'... These peeps don't like to be addressed that way
Stop chatting crap from your keyboard idiott. Why would the Igbo in Delta not want to be called Delta Igbo. Is it because you have read where a very few confused souls said they are not Igbo.
So what do they want to be called?. You mean an Akwukwu Igbo man should be called Akwukwu and not Igbo or Delta Igbo because he is in Delta state?.
Get a life fool.
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by oturugo(m): 12:25am On Aug 21, 2013
onuwaje:
Nonsensical and irrelevant
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by onuwaje(m): 12:32am On Aug 21, 2013
oturugo:
Stop chatting crap from your keyboard idiott. Why would the Igbo in Delta not want to be called Delta Igbo. Is it because you have read where a very few confused souls said they are not Igbo.
So what do they want to be called?. You mean an Akwukwu Igbo man should be called Akwukwu and not Igbo or Delta Igbo because he is in Delta state?.
Get a life fool.
well.. Ur papa na idiot, and ur mama na fool and that makes u a nitwit!... I tried to make a point and all u need do is to correct me where I made errors not start typing with those leprosy infested fingers of urs.. I believe u shud be up to 30 so try get sense scallywag
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2013
@OTURUGO and ONUWAJE
pls we can discuse this without insult

let us make ourselfs happy,
inrespect of our state, we are brothers
thank u
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
onuwaje: well the worse thing I wud do is to derail someone's thread with insults so I'll leave it at that.. Thank you
thank you and can we please move on with the topic?
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
1 shortblackboy: This is really terrible. I think I'll have to apply to moderate d culture section angry
what is that?
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by 1shortblackboy: 1:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
f rain c: what is that?
what is what
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by frainc(m): 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
1 shortblackboy: what is what
what is terrible?
Re: How Many Language Do Nigeria Have And Can You Name Your Language? by 1shortblackboy: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2013
f rain c: what is terrible?
oh yeah how every thread manages to turn into who is igbo and who is not. really appaling

(1) (Reply)

Western Culture Vs African Culture / Is It Common For An Igbo Man To Marry A Woman Who Is Not Igbo / Alaafin Of Oyo And His Oloris At Eid Prayer Ground In Oyo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.